PDA

View Full Version : Book and DVD reviews

rwrussom
11-07-2008, 11:20 PM
To be filed under good ideas for HHA member benefits. . .

There are thousands of dollars in books and DVDs after our hard earned cash but there seems to be no source for reviews. Ultimately the results could be offensive to some members or even the host of this site (I have no clue, just a possibility) but in the end some source of impartial reviews would benefit the group as a whole.

So does this info exist somewhere that I'm missing or is it time to make it happen?

screamline studios
11-10-2008, 08:52 PM
rwrussom,

I would agree this site should help people make the right decision on whats good or bad, but what is the cost?? a loss of add space or just plan pissing people off !!! This is never a good thing. However i would love to throw our dvd into the mix for a ya or na. I peronally am not ashamed of what we put out there and neither should joe schmo.. If this is a problem well i guess maybe they do not TRULY believe in what they do ....

Jason Blaszczak

http://screamlinestudios.com

Nightgore
11-10-2008, 09:01 PM
Piss people off? You mean vendors/suppliers sometimes don't know what they offer is CRAP!!!! Hmmm... I would love to see an HONEST and OPEN review section for products, books, videos, etc. etc. -Tyler

screamline studios
11-10-2008, 09:08 PM
Tyler,

Two thumbs up is heading your way..

Jason

Nightgore
11-10-2008, 09:16 PM
Make those thumbs frozen and in that drink you owe me! ;)... -Tyler

screamline studios
11-10-2008, 09:19 PM
Rats ass !!!

You got me... yes yes yes I owe you some drinks you bastard, rub it in my face why dont you!!!

Jason

p.s hahaha

Nightgore
11-10-2008, 09:32 PM
I won't forget either... like how:

-Kip is going to sign my chest
-Your drinks to me! hahaha
-Gwen owes me one BIG ASS HUG!!!
-etc. etc.

See you at Transworld my friend! -Tyler

PS: This is also my business partners first show... so be nice! ;)

brad
11-10-2008, 10:49 PM
I won't forget either... like how:

-Kip is going to sign my chest
-Your drinks to me! hahaha

I can only imagine how these 2 things started up.

Tyler, would you like to elaborate on this?

Nightgore
11-10-2008, 10:54 PM
Well, basking in Kips "new found" TV status... he agreed to sign my chest, which I think he might of meant jokingly... but oh, he will! ;)

... and Jason just owes me a drink, apparently now with some frozen thumbs. -Tyler

Killer Katie
11-10-2008, 11:04 PM
I think an objective review would be perfect! I would toss our DVD's out there too!
AS for pissed off, if you can't take criticism, what the hell are you doing in this business?? LOL
It would have to be an impartial review, and we ALL know how hard it is to find that!
And I don't know if I want to go near Tyler after what he posted... could be scary! LOL

rwrussom
11-11-2008, 01:21 AM
Thanks for the agreement. I am an architect and critisism comes with the territory. And I have always said it is easy to be a critic. Creating is the second hardest thing you can do, hearing the critisism is first.
With that being said, I am happy to put in the time and even host a site if Larry does not want to put something together.
PM me if you want to provide content for review.

rwrussom
11-12-2008, 09:16 PM
I am starting to get positive responses from a few DVD creators, looks like this may start to come together with enough participants.

I should have the website format roughed out this weekend.

Nightgore
11-12-2008, 09:23 PM
I could provide reviews and/or content... honest, educated, and not bullsh*t reviews... no problem! -Tyler

Killer Katie
11-12-2008, 11:21 PM
Just curious Tyler - what's your background in the haunt industry? Time in, experience, etc. Don't think I ever caught that info before :)

Nightgore
11-12-2008, 11:28 PM
Check your PM box! -Tyler

rwrussom
11-13-2008, 02:15 PM
Alright, I have a lot of positive feedback from vendors. Lots of smaller DVD creaters are getting involved, covering make-up FX, animatronics, and prop design and control. Hopefully some of the bigger ones like HW will find this valuable and participate.

Website will be up by the end of the year.

Direct email hauntingreviews@sbcglobal.net

If anyone has thoughts on useful contect, lets hear it.