PDA

View Full Version : Hauntworld Magazine #20.... YOU PICK, YOU TELL ME!

drfrightner
11-13-2008, 04:48 AM
Okay folks the next magazine is pretty much all mapped out, however as we continue to cover TWO haunted houses in every issue I will LET YOU CHOOSE what the other haunted house you want covered?

YOU TELL ME! YOU PICK ONE... I picked the other.

WHO DO YOU WANT... lets hear it!

Start a poll whatever I don't care its in your hands now!

Larry

drfrightner
11-13-2008, 04:50 AM
FYI... we are now officially in production on Hauntworld Magazine #20 and it will be shipping in January. Our sales staff will start selling ads to those vendors who are looking to offer those spring sales to finding new customers.

Hauntworld magazine believe this or not picked up over FOUR HUNDRED NEW subscribers in October ALONE! We've picked up another 60 plus in November can you believe that? I don't even know how many subscribers we have now but I'm sure its close to or past 3,000.

The next magazine will be really cool... if anyone wants to submit an article, a suggestion you let me know.

Thanks Larry

UnDeRTaKer313
11-13-2008, 05:01 AM
Would you want to do an article on our haunt hell's gate

scareshack
11-13-2008, 05:03 AM
Hauntworld magazine believe this or not picked up over FOUR HUNDRED NEW subscribers in October ALONE!

Thanks Larry

Very awesome. Congrat's on add'ing that many new subscribers. Thats a lot for one month. Great Job!

drfrightner
11-13-2008, 06:12 AM
I'm totally not opposed to doing a home haunt story, but the home haunt would have to be doing something above and beyond what anyone expects, it would have to be breaking the molds.

If someone wants us to cover a home haunt let us know we'll do it... but again it would have to be an amazing place doing something special!

To second that I'd love to see someone write an article about home haunts in general that would be a cool article...anyone?

Larry

Frightguy1
11-13-2008, 06:55 AM
A Home haunt article would be GREAT! I know there are tons out there!

J.

jason
11-13-2008, 08:26 AM
i think you should do a difference between piece. what kind of differences there are in haunts (construction, saftey rules, problems one has to deal with over another..). You have haunts in so many types of places, caves, woods, old warehouses, boats, real houses, corn mazes, semitrailer etc.

Grimley
11-13-2008, 08:30 AM
I would look forward to Haunted Overload. I think the guy is a genius and if they were not so far away I would fly up there for a visit. Thant my vote anyway.

craigsrobotics
11-13-2008, 09:38 AM
...nevermind...problem solved...

DarkTikiEntertainment
11-13-2008, 09:46 AM
I would also vote for Haunted Overload. If not, then Kersey Valley Spooky Woods.

drfrightner
11-13-2008, 11:39 AM
We already did Spookywoods two issues ago... C'mon people speak up. Don't be afraid say your place just tell me what haunt you think... make a poll something.

Larry

Hauntsberg
11-13-2008, 11:52 AM
I would also like to cast a vote for Haunted Overload. And while your at it, you could cover some of the other haunts located in NH like Fright Kingdom, Spooky World, Nightmare New England & Haunted Acres.

Nightgore
11-13-2008, 11:55 AM
I'd love to see an entire "how-to" mag. of hauntworld... like foam carving, painting, building walls, to maze design/layout! That'd be awesome! -Tyler

JackoWcko
11-13-2008, 12:13 PM
I'd like to see a feature on Brett's haunt in Seymour, IN, Fear Fair. I went through it this season and it ended up being my favorite of the season.

You can tell he put a TON of work into it.

lurker
11-13-2008, 02:29 PM
My vote is for DarkWood Manor (http://www.darkwoodmanor.net)! I wonder why? lol
I had a professional writer work as a guest actor the last weekend we were open this year, and he is currently penning a piece about his experience and the haunt. So, we will already have a piece written and awaiting publishing.

SomeThingInTheIce
11-13-2008, 05:16 PM
I would love to see a story on Kevin McCurdy, I have been watching his dvds and think this guys got talent. I'm sure that you could do a great story on him, I mean you know him so getting a interview should be cake. Even if it's not in this mag larry, think about it for another.

steve
11-13-2008, 05:57 PM
Perhaps a story on my place - The Realm of Terror (www.realmofterror.com) - could be interesting?
A few things that make us different:
-We are attached to a FEC
-Even though we are attached to said facility we allow no one under 10 in.
-We actually SELL Beer and Jager Bombs - In Line
-Food Concessions in line
-This past season we had a sponsorship base of more than 20 sponsors
-This Past season we were rated in the Top 3 in illinois.
There is plenty more about our place, but all in all i think it could be an interesting article none the less.

If not, I think another great choice would be Dreamreapers (www.dreamreapers.com) - Everyone knows them, could be a great article aswell!

eD8omlW4L2c

Watcha' Think?

Infoamtek
11-13-2008, 06:46 PM
An article on "The Haunted Hotel" in San Diego. It could be a study on how to succeed in a difficult market.

Lord Barnabus
11-13-2008, 07:06 PM
I'm casting my vote for Haunted Overload.

NightmareAftershockLLC
11-13-2008, 07:56 PM
I also am impressed with Haunted Overload... But didn't I see an article somewhere lately about them? Anyways, I'd love to see a full review done as well. =)

drfrightner
11-13-2008, 11:54 PM
Let me throw out some idea's...

House of Tourment
Haunted Overload
Scarehouse
Pirates of the Emerson
Eastern State Penn
Shocktoberfest
Field of Screams
Trail of Terror
Bennets Curse

How about any of these off the top of my head.

Larry

UnDeRTaKer313
11-14-2008, 05:04 AM
well im puting out a vote for the scarehouse or house of torment they really have seemed to break a lot of barriers this year and did a great job.

but you can always do an article on hell's gate. =)

lurker
11-14-2008, 09:00 AM
I would love to see a story on Kevin McCurdy, I have been watching his dvds and think this guys got talent. I'm sure that you could do a great story on him, I mean you know him so getting a interview should be cake. Even if it's not in this mag larry, think about it for another.

I agree. A really in-depth article on McCurdy and his operation would be good.

elowther
11-14-2008, 09:01 AM
There are so many good ones it makes it hard to choose.

On the top of my list would be.

House of Torment
Scarehouse
Trail of Terror

Nightgore
11-14-2008, 09:21 AM
House of Torment! -Tyler

lurker
11-14-2008, 09:30 AM
How about Satan's Taint Haunted House! No...wait...that haunt hasn't been set up yet. That is the haunt I plan to run in a few years when I sell out. It is going to have an all clown and chainsaw theme. I'm going to have clowns sporting chainsaws, and chainsaws sporting clowns. And at the very end I'm going to have a room sized chainsaw that clowns burst out of sporting more chainsaws fighting a giant robot clown made out of chainsaws.
Please do not steal my idea! This is my cash-out plan, and I'm going to need one. :p

DarkTikiEntertainment
11-14-2008, 09:49 AM
How about Satan's Taint Haunted House! No...wait...that haunt hasn't been set up yet. That is the haunt I plan to run in a few years when I sell out. It is going to have an all clown and chainsaw theme. I'm going to have clowns sporting chainsaws, and chainsaws sporting clowns. And at the very end I'm going to have a room sized chainsaw that clowns burst out of sporting more chainsaws fighting a giant robot clown made out of chainsaws.
Please do not steal my idea! This is my cash-out plan, and I'm going to need one. :p

Holy crap!!! That just gave me the greatest laugh!! Thanks, I really needed that as I face down a long day at my day-job.

Evilution Unlimited
11-14-2008, 11:01 AM
Goatman Hollow would be nice. They are very different. Also the House of Torment is awesome!

SomeThingInTheIce
11-14-2008, 11:06 AM
Dude, get out of my head! You sooo stole my idea of chainsaw clowns.lol.

SSP
11-14-2008, 12:31 PM
For a home haunt I would like to recommend Graveside Manor. We have broken every mold possible, even branching out and questioning what haunted houses are in general.

-The Key Feature - We have shows that consist of professionally recorded soundtracks (music, sound effects, etc.), lighting, actors, well thought-out choreography, taking you through a sequence of events that immerse the audience in a movie-like experience.
-detail detail detail
-actors are top notch, fully trained, great makeup and full costuming
-I have never met anyone in my life who is more hard working, generous and deserving as Jim Wieloch, the owner.

Once you step inside you are no longer aware it is a home haunt due to the immense sets and intense experience.

I have video, I have pictures, I have testimonials, my explanations can only do so much.

If I could throw in another vote, I'd like to also say the Trail of Terror. They are not only the greatest group of people, but the event they put on is massive and extremely entertaining. The crowds they draw are huge, in fact too big. They were voted the best attraction in CT for 2008, among many other titles.

DarkTikiEntertainment
11-14-2008, 12:37 PM
The reasons I think HAUNTED OVERLOAD would be a good story are:

1) The haunt looks incredible in photographs! This should translate well to the magazine.

2) They are still early in the transition from home haunt to professional haunt. They haven't been professional long, so there should be unique insight about "crossing over" into pro status that they could offer.

3) Did I mention the haunt looks incredible?? Especially the GIANT props...8)

Old Tree Studios
11-14-2008, 12:49 PM
Also casting my vote for Haunted Overload.

Blinkin
11-14-2008, 02:28 PM
My vote goes to Haunted overload

SinisterControls
11-14-2008, 03:12 PM
I'd have to 2nd the vote for Graveside Manor. After all, it was named the #1 Home Haunt by Hauntworld for 2008 and it would be great to feature a home haunt for a change. But not for that reason alone. I had the chance to see it "lights on" back in August and again last weekend at a special showing put on for the crew of the Trail of Terror. The scenes are detailed and of course there's a couple startle scares thrown in for good measure, but itís the story, the build-up of suspense, and the clever use of lighting that makes the show. And I use the word "show" as it truly is a theatrical show more so then a traditional haunted house. Itís not about winding thru endless mazes with teenagers shouting at you. Itís about creating atmosphere and setting the mood all before the show even begins. This haunt doesn't rely on gore or drop panels. Itís kind of like the first time you saw Jaws. The dam music and the build up of suspense got you going long before the shark shows up. Wait, did I just date myself with that Jaws reference?

DarkTikiEntertainment
11-14-2008, 04:33 PM
We already did Spookywoods two issues ago...
Larry

Ah, that was one issue before I started subscribing! I just ordered that back issue. Thanks for the info.

spookologist
11-14-2008, 06:59 PM
Yes, I also agree.... Graveside Manor is quite awesome. Jim and the gang did such a great job putting on a show that rivals some professional haunts. A must see and definitely worth writing about. Great details, great actors and a lot of fun. The Trail gang had a blast.

Its gets my vote too.

Wayne
www.trailofterror.com

Grimley
11-14-2008, 09:20 PM
Haunted Overload

GraveStalker
11-15-2008, 07:23 AM
To be honest I would like to see articles on just about everything mentioned so far. Maybe this could be a double issue or at least some of the topics featured in future issues. In particular, the following attractions strike me as being unique and particularly note worthy: Haunted Overload (we were planning on visiting this year, but didn't have enough time) and House of Torment due to their amazing detail and scale. Trail Of Terror for being an outstanding example of a charity haunt.

As far as Graveside Manor, we believe that it is unique to the haunt industry which is why we did a special run for a select group of haunt professionals after the conclusion of this season. Included in this group was the crew from Trail of Terror - who we have tremendous respect for. At some point, we hope to have an opportunity to showcase our event to others in the industry.

Wayne and Sinister thanks for your kind words and support. However, Satan's Taint get's my vote hands down.

Jim Wieloch
Graveside Manor

SinisterControls
11-15-2008, 07:30 AM
O.K. so technically it would end up being three haunts but how about featuring Graveside Manor and Trail of Terror together? More bang for your buck, right? They're close enough together to do them at the same time. The Manor is a home haunt where as the trail is a home haunt gone Pro. You could get the best home haunt and the best pro haunt in CT in one shot.

Scott

KroneDaddy
11-15-2008, 04:00 PM
I would like to write an article about Hacker House in North Carolina. Cliff has a great show. Let me know. I also talked to Ross last year about a follow-up on the House of Shock's new location. I don't know if they did it or not.

KroneDaddy

brad
11-15-2008, 07:18 PM
I'm thinkin g Haunted Overload too.

But I would also love to see an article on the House of Torment.

skullman
11-16-2008, 02:32 PM
Id love to see a feature story House of Horrors in Buffalo, NY Tim's place is the BOMB!!!!

shawnc
11-16-2008, 05:02 PM
All of the suggestions are good and I would love to see any and all of them. I would like to put in a plug for Pirates of Emerson with hopes of learning how they are able to stick with the same theme every year and still keep it new and interesting for returning customers. That can't be easy.

drfrightner
11-16-2008, 05:39 PM
I'll put up a poll with all the suggestions... any more???

Larry

UnDeRTaKer313
11-16-2008, 05:53 PM
Ghostly Manor !
Hell's Gate!
Sanitarium!

my final top three choices

skullman
11-16-2008, 07:06 PM
House of Horrors Buffalo, NY
John Denley's Attractions
Any other BIG, Major Attraction that has not been featured yet...

Jonathan
11-17-2008, 03:06 PM
I would like to see a full write up on Fright Kingdom. A great haunt. and a awesome season. If needed I can help write if needed.

Motograter
11-18-2008, 10:16 AM
THE WORLDS LARGEST HAUNTED HOUSE!!! EREBUS Located in Pontiac,MI They are in worlds Guinness book of records. www.hauntedpontiac.com

Motograter
11-18-2008, 10:28 AM
The Realm of Darkness is also a very good haunt. Very big full of lots and lots of Detail. Last winter their whole haunt was flooded due to a busted fire sprinkler that froze up and water poured down for 7 straight days before it was stopped. Now the whole haunt has been revamped, all new rooms, including a large pirate ship and monster cave. This is a very awesome haunt.
www.therealmofdarkness.com

Darkblood
11-18-2008, 01:25 PM
How about Raycliff Manor?

Kirk

badlander2000
11-18-2008, 08:19 PM
I would just like to see Hell's Gate and anything here in WNY other than Fright World.

Nightgore
11-18-2008, 08:30 PM
Ok, ok... so now I'm tied between House of Torment and Raycliff Manor! Damnit... could this be like, idk... a mag. with two haunts featured? -Tyler

Scareview
11-18-2008, 08:34 PM
I know there was a short article in the last but would like to see more on Dead Acres / Haunted Hoochie!!!! Hell yeah!!!!

damon carson
11-19-2008, 10:58 AM
I like the Kevin Mckurdy interview idea if it include any new detailing ideas. Also I would love to see House of Torment with a bunch of photos from this season. This place was looking friggin awesome in just the build photos last summer. I would love to see the finished results. I would love to see it in full operation on the new Hauntworld vid too if possible.
Thanks,
Damon

Nightgore
11-19-2008, 07:22 PM
I think Frightworld's allready been covered... but hell, why not again! IDK. -Tyler

phantom
11-20-2008, 11:51 AM
An article on the Darkside Haunted House in Wading River NY(long island). We have been here for 11 years in the #1 Market and survived against companies with much larger budgets and continue to put on much better shows than all the haunts around as told by our customers. We seem to be the best kept secert in the industry.

Creativecinema
11-21-2008, 08:26 PM
My vote goes to Haunted Overload too. The photos are crazy!

badlander2000
11-23-2008, 03:06 PM
If it is decided that a WNY haunt will be covered soon it should be Scare at the Fair/Dark Raven Manor, what I think is the best haunt in the area. This year the show improved dramatically after being at the bottom of my list for 4 years. It would DEFINITELY represent us better than FRIGHT WORLD which sucked this year!

drfrightner
12-02-2008, 01:49 AM
Okay there was a lot of great suggestions but I narrowed it down to six, although we can feature some of the other ones mentioned down the road.

Which of these six do you want to see featured? View the poll and vote!

Larry

Tartarus
12-02-2008, 07:54 AM
What about The Beast and Edge of Hell in Kansas City?

elowther
12-02-2008, 08:32 AM
It must be tough to narrow it down because of all the quality haunts out there.

One haunt to consider for the issue after next would be Fright Kingdom. I have personally been to this haunt many times and even acted in it so I get to see what a great operation it is behind the scenes as well. They make vast improvements each season and this year they will really have something to brag about with what I know they have in store with their expansion plans.

REDRUM
12-02-2008, 08:59 AM
Haunted Overload has shown some great pics but they just don't do this event justice. I think they should be fully featured in the next issue of HW.

Eric and his team are some of the best people anyone could ever hope to meet in this industry of ours. They have been great friends and they really have shown a level of professonalism second to none when working together with fellow haunters in the NH haunted house association. Heck Eric even came with his chainsaw and a few of his actors to work a summer event we held at our show for free.

Haunted Overload is a real homegrown pro haunt and I think folks in this industry would really enjoy their story.

Good luck Eric.

DarkTikiEntertainment
12-02-2008, 02:37 PM
I'm happy that is looks like Haunted Overload is winning by a landslide!

Aside from the fact that the haunt simply looks amazing, with it's giant creatures and legions of real pumpkins, I think a big part of the Haunted Overload story should be about the transition from home haunt to pro. There are so many people who haunt these forums and read the magazine who really and truly want to make that same transition, but feel like it's a nearly impossible dream. I think Haunted Overload could serve as inspiration to a lot of future pro haunters. I hope whoever does the interview really digs deep into this part of the story (assuming Haunted Overload gets featured, that is).

DarkTikiEntertainment
12-02-2008, 02:44 PM
The Realm of Darkness is also a very good haunt. Very big full of lots and lots of Detail. Last winter their whole haunt was flooded due to a busted fire sprinkler that froze up and water poured down for 7 straight days before it was stopped. Now the whole haunt has been revamped, all new rooms, including a large pirate ship and monster cave. This is a very awesome haunt.
www.therealmofdarkness.com

I definitely vote for Haunted Overload for the next issue... but for future issues, I couldn't agree more about "Realm of Darkness" from Pontiac, Michigan. I know Erebus (also from MI) often makes the Top 13 Best Haunt List, but for some reason Realm of Darkness does not. I've been going to both haunts for years, and IMHO some years Erebus seems better, and some years Realm of Darkness seems better than Erebus. They go back and forth. Realm of Darkness is definitely deserving of some press, if not a spot on the Top 13 list.

drfrightner
12-02-2008, 04:17 PM
Keep voting its a private vote so vote. I want to wrap this up by no later than the end of this week.

So you have until FRIDAY to cast your votes.

Larry

NightmareAftershockLLC
12-02-2008, 04:38 PM
Larry what are the chances that you can get more information from the haunt when covering them? Stuff like square footage, employee numbers, make up artists, set design teams, etc? That might give others like me an idea of what it takes to run these haunts... Not just vague details...? Just a suggestion :)

drfrightner
12-02-2008, 05:33 PM
How people make the top 13 list is totally another discussion...

But I will address it for you!

For one people like House of Tourment, Scarehouse, and say Haunted Overload and now you see things from Nightmare New England they are EMBRACING the industry. They are on the forums posting videos, posting photos, helping people, doing seminars, featuring their haunt on things like how to videos and stuff like that. The industry is seeing these things, and they appreciate the things that people share, and enjoy.

You must promote your haunt within the industry it pays dividends for sure.

Remember people like Travel Channel and other groups are members of these boards and they see your photos, videos as well...

SO KEEP PROMOTING YOUR HAUNT!

Larry

scareshack
12-02-2008, 08:41 PM
They are on the forums posting videos, posting photos, helping people, doing seminars, featuring their haunt on things like how to videos and stuff like that. The industry is seeing these things, and they appreciate the things that people share, and enjoy.

You must promote your haunt within the industry it pays dividends for sure.

SO KEEP PROMOTING YOUR HAUNT!

Larry

That is good advice. I only say that from a home haunter stand point but thats the kind of stuff im always saying.

You summed it up well!

screamline studios
12-02-2008, 09:00 PM
I personally voted for nightmare new England!! Why?? i was there and i am very proud i had a small part of it! however for a first year haunt there is nothing! and i mean nothing that can even come close, keep in mind this haunt had the master mind of tattoo as the production manager and more(A.K.A terror on the fox) They had FOUR haunts, a midway, food, putt putt golf, go carts,arcade, and a hole lot of big wigs backing it up!!! And i am sure that is only the beginning....They did figures of what alot of haunts do after 5+ years, something is going on with this haunt.!.!.!.! OH I BELIEVE ITS SUCCESS!!!! No bullshit and staight up 10's all the way.....

Jason Blaszczak

http://screamlinestudios.com

P.S I want all the haunters out there to know i am sure there haunts kick ass as well, but i was not there!!!! I vote NIGHTMARE NEW ENGLAND for best new haunt, and most definitely say best haunt to put in the magazine...

drfrightner
12-02-2008, 10:32 PM
Keegan,

Let me say my friend (as Kelly would say) that your advice was really really good advice. I think your questions are very valuable and I will take your advice and start asking asking those questions you can bet on it!

Larry

drfrightner
12-02-2008, 10:35 PM
FYI...

I AM GOING TO TAKE YOUR WINNER FOLKS... YOU ARE THE EDITOR HERE!

When it comes to the Hauntworld Top 13 List 2009... it will be TOTALLY UP TO YOU GUYS 110%.

Now that I have my voting system working I can create the surveys here on the site the way I want to do them... so YOU WILL PICK, YOU THE SUPPORTER of the magazine NOT ME!

So again keep voting because on Saturday we'll go with your choice NOT mine...

Keep in mind we are featuring another haunted house in this magazine and I did in fact pick that one... you'll hear more about that later!

Larry

NightmareAftershockLLC
12-03-2008, 03:26 AM
Keegan,

Let me say my friend (as Kelly would say) that your advice was really really good advice. I think your questions are very valuable and I will take your advice and start asking asking those questions you can bet on it!

Larry

I am really looking forward to it! Thanks Larry!

Headlesshorseman
12-04-2008, 09:43 AM
haunted Overload!!!

drfrightner
12-04-2008, 11:17 AM
Keep voting.

I'm leaving and when I come back... thats it!

I'll be gone all day and night at The Darkness.

Now I wanted to say we'll have another vote for the next magazine!

Larry

Darkangel
12-04-2008, 03:17 PM
Where are the McCurdy votes? He's a legend and has been around nearly 30 years....

Darkangel

elowther
12-04-2008, 03:37 PM
I'm surprised at that as well!

UndeadProd
12-05-2008, 12:02 AM
What's surprising is that while this is an extremely popular thread (3,341 viewings as of 2am) -- there appears to have only been 66 votes.

It only takes a second or two to vote yinz guys...

NightmareAftershockLLC
12-05-2008, 03:47 AM
What's surprising is that while this is an extremely popular thread (3,341 viewings as of 2am) -- there appears to have only been 66 votes.

It only takes a second or two to vote yinz guys...

Haha ahhh yes, the western pennsylvanian comes out.... Yinz.... For those of you who aren't from Pittsburgh, that means "you guys"." :)

MDKing
12-05-2008, 07:14 AM
I remember hearing a guy always say "yinz". When he comes up we say that and everyone remembers who I'm talking about. Do they also say "Myan" instead of mine? As in "that's not your it's myan"? Or maybe that's a Northeast PA thing, the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton area...

Allan

drfrightner
12-05-2008, 12:24 PM
I think Scott has a point here folks... all these views and only 70 or so votes!

When I wake up on Saturday the voting will be closed and I will move onto contacting that group for the story!

If Nightmare New England loses it will be an interesting story because they went from nothing to something all in one year.

Haunted Overload is just as interesting because they went from home haunt to major haunt!

Two different kinds of paths that lead you to pro haunting.

VOTE!

Larry

NightmareAftershockLLC
12-05-2008, 04:31 PM
I remember hearing a guy always say "yinz". When he comes up we say that and everyone remembers who I'm talking about. Do they also say "Myan" insteam of mine? As in "that's not your it's myan"? Or maybe that's a Northeast PA thing, the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton area...

Allan

Allan you'll never believe me but there is a book out covering what they call 'pittsburghese' totally bizarre. Luckily though I grew up in pitts my mom was an English teacher so I speak properly for the most part!! Haha. Yinz and crick(creek) are two of many... Haha

elswarro
12-06-2008, 07:33 AM
NNE for sure!!!!

Working with Tattoo on his videos this past season was awesome. The guy is a genius! What he did with a haunt in one year cant be matched!

Now we have some footage from the past year.......just wait to see their new promos! We are taking it over the top!

These guys need to be featured!

shawnc
12-06-2008, 12:28 PM
It's Saturday morning and there's a tie for first. What does that mean?

DarkTikiEntertainment
12-06-2008, 01:05 PM
It's Saturday morning and there's a tie for first. What does that mean?

Should be interesting to see how this goes down, since according to the part of the forum that tracks who's online (down at the bottom), Larry was online BEFORE Nightmare New England pulled ahead in the polls. Haunted Overload was ahead most of the morning, then NNE pulled ahead around 2:50PM EST... I'll be interesting to see how this all plays out.

I think they both look like cool haunts.... I'd like to see them both get in the magazine!

drfrightner
12-06-2008, 02:52 PM
Yes I was online but not here, I always leave my computer on. I just got to the message board here and I'm looking at a tie right now. We'll have to keep this voting going until Sunday AM.

So keep voting. Last night when I went to bed it was tied at 38 votes each.

Last time I checked it was tied 41 votes each. Or unless I'm seeing things...

We need someone to vote a tie breaker.

Larry

DarkTikiEntertainment
12-06-2008, 05:17 PM
Yes I was online but not here, I always leave my computer on. I just got to the message board here and I'm looking at a tie right now. We'll have to keep this voting going until Sunday AM.

So keep voting. Last night when I went to bed it was tied at 38 votes each.

Last time I checked it was tied 41 votes each. Or unless I'm seeing things...

We need someone to vote a tie breaker.

Larry

Actually, Haunted Overload was ahead most of Saturday morning, then it became a tie in the afternoon, then NNE pulled ahead. It's an epic back and forth struggle... ha ha!:) But HO was ahead on Saturday morning, the original deadline. I'd like to see both of them get featured. People obviously have a lot of interest in both. Maybe one in #20 and one in #21??

drfrightner
12-06-2008, 07:57 PM
I just a couple emails from some of the parties involved who want their haunts covered miffed because votes are going up and up and up...

I was watching Missouri get destroyed by Oklahoma and wasn't paying attention but I guess now I will...

Here is the facts, the same exact attraction that was complaining has driven several and I mean SEVERAL new accounts for membership to these boards within the past few days clearly to do nothing more than VOTE FOR THEMSELVES!

Okay... can I assume the other sides did the same thing? I don't know but that didn't stop these people from accusing them of doing it, claming they have emails to prove they did this. I don't know what that means but...

What I do know is none of these polls work when you are asking people to vote on who's the best at something, peoples feelings get hurt when they don't win and fingers starting flying.

This just doesn't work. People cheat!

On my Yellow Pages system, I had ONE vendor who kept voting for himself over and over and over again so he could be the top viewed vendor, when in fact he wasn't. He got called the carpet then got mad at me for calling him to the carpet.

I get haunt owners during the season trying to lower another haunters rating on my site, and others clicking on their profile over and over again so they can be a top 10 viewed, then I take them back down they turn right around and do it again.

LOL

Then someone votes for my attractions to put my attraction in the top 10 I presume to make me look bad to everyone.

Bottom line none of this works, and then I get this nasty emails from people blaming me for something or getting mad at me when they get removed for cheating or whatever.

Just thought I'd share this rant because this INDUSTRY IS NOT READY FOR lists, voting, nothing. It really brings out the worst in everyone.

Here is the bottom line this is ALL 110% my fault no one elses... I should just look for your suggestions, tally up the comments and go from there. I take 110% blame I knew this would happen. I had the experience in dealing with this for the past couple of years and I know what happens. At the tradeshows people come together and love each other but once the Moon comes out in October everything changes.

Larry

UnDeRTaKer313
12-06-2008, 08:09 PM
Well that just sad.
come on guys be more proffesional about this kinda stuff, please dont point fingers after i post this. just take it to heart.
the industry looks so bad when we cant even do a poll without people acting immature and cheating. (again dont respond with finger pointing or i didnt cheat comments) please just think about it everyone.

nick

drfrightner
12-06-2008, 08:24 PM
Nick,

I think people do want to learn more about Haunted Overload he has shared so much with Hauntworld and people want to thank him for his support. Mike who was involved with Nightmare New England shared some realy cool photos a few weeks back, and yes they looked really cool.

People respond to this stuff, people responded to all the info that House of Torment offered the industry, and in turn wanted them as a top 13 attraction.

Well deserved.

However I had to delete like 20 accounts from ONE guy all posting on this board supporting the same attraction over and over again.

Ben Armstrong said to me many times these things don't work, and he's right.

My intentions are to never pit one attraction against another, or to leave people with hard feelings.

Again its my fault I should know better.

Larry

DarkTikiEntertainment
12-06-2008, 09:35 PM
I've been a very vocal supporter of one side of this poll (though I think both haunts look cool). It sucks to think someone was cheating. Getting into Haunt World would be good press for whoever won, but it is an industry trade magazine. It's not likely to drive tons of new business to a haunt, since it's targeted towards haunt owners. Is it really worth someone giving up their integrity??

It was kind of fun to rally behind one of the haunts, and watch the "score" change back and forth (like rooting for a favorite sports team). It's really disappointing to hear that someone was cheating.

bobgoblin
12-06-2008, 10:03 PM
You know what really grinds me gears about this..

Is that the times for voting kept changing. First it was you had until friday to cast your vote. Then it was saturday. And now it seems like its not gonna matter what happens. You needed a precise deadline and needed to stick to that, but that never happened.

Cause now its just gonna be a game of "who was up at this certain time and blah blah blah." The end result is not going to turn out well, and that really is disappointing that its gonna turn out that way.

elowther
12-06-2008, 10:10 PM
I just got back from going out to diner and see all the craziness that's going on. I can't believe we are still tied. I fully expected to loose this race. Tim was putting another short video together to help our chances since the polls were still open. I don't know what the status is but I think he will still post it anyway. He described it on the phone to me and it sounds cool.

At this point I would just flip a coin, or choose the one you want to see because your right, the poll isn't working. I was afraid this may happen. Now whoever wins, the victory will be tainted. I am very great full for the support of those that did vote and kept us in the running this long.

It was cool to see haunters from other states nominating us and saying they want to know more about our "Overgrown Home haunt".

Who knows what will become of this poll. All I know is I lost almost a whole day watching these votes go back and forth when I should have been raking my leaves. lol.

Eric

drfrightner
12-06-2008, 10:35 PM
The reason the poll kept going is when I woke this afternoon it was tied liek 38 to 38 so I was like what the next vote wins or just let it keep going.

I should just choose myself, and get everyones advice. I think this shows that this industry doesn't want lists, voting and whatever else, because we all have fragile feelings, and it really brings out the worst in everyone.

No biggie...

The poll is over... we'll just pick an attraction to cover.

Will both Haunted Overload the owners of New England Nightmare contact me? Contact me at darkrides@sbcglobal.net

Thanks
Larry