PDA

View Full Version : New Guy Facade Halloween 08

Six Feet Under
11-15-2008, 07:54 PM
Greetings to all,

I have been reading these forums for some time now, and would like to thank all who contribute. There are a lot of great ideas and haunts out there, I have learned quite a bit from the people here Thank you!
This was my 2nd year of setting up a yard haunt, and it was a lot of fun.
I built the pillars and fence last year. This year I started real late and didn't finish
the facade, but I'm pretty happy with it so far.
I wanted to share some of my pictures and get some feedback from you guys.
Thanks to all

Eric
Simi,CA

The Forsaken Crypt
06-14-2009, 05:50 PM
I like it! In my deep humble opinion I suggest you put some kind of cheese cloth or burlap or even better camo netting hanging from the facade to add a sort of aged grimey look to it. Over all very nice!

AW
06-16-2009, 07:11 AM
I agree - a little stained jute mesh and watered down paint goes a long wat toward aging

scarygoat
06-23-2009, 06:18 PM
I also agree. I have a facade that is like a stone entrance and I plan on adding some of those same materials to make it more aged and stuff. I also plan on misting some green, black, and brown spray paints onto it to make it more old and dirty looking. The watered down paint is a good idea too.

freak 'n' stein
08-12-2009, 10:52 PM
I like it because it's so simple. I have been trying to find really easy ideas to create a facade for our haunt this year.

maliciousstudios
08-13-2009, 08:51 AM
Looking great.... I love some of the work you builders put into facades.... THUMBS UP TO YOU !!