PDA

View Full Version : Any new props/ ideas that were a hit?

JamBam
11-17-2008, 12:34 PM
What was good/great/flop?

Jim Warfield
11-17-2008, 07:04 PM
My new front room props were all hits because if they don't scream or laugh when I use them I hit the non-expressive customer with them!
BlackJack the fetish doll.
The Ghost of Tony The Tiger
Allowing a small, scared child to play "Push The Button" works great at making the child laugh by scaring his own family members and then they remain in the tour.
Timing my warning about a scary thing here sometimes coinsided with the screams coming from that item and I would just stop talking and point at the wall behind them where that genuine scream had come from. I believe this was a very effective set up, inspiring more fearfull anticipation.(And some customers might have also realised that behind that wall is in the zone of our private living accommodations, making it even more terrifying! "Jim takes prisoners into his private living quarter and makes them scream like that?")

JamBam
11-18-2008, 05:46 AM
Private quarters, Jim? I have paid you dollars and have been through your place three times and I have never seen or heard that you have private quarters!

A wall? it seems that the whole place is where you live.

Motograter
11-18-2008, 10:06 AM
One of our new unit 70 props was a big hit this year-Eyegore inside the our morgue. we had soooo many people comment either how disgusting that is or how awesome that looks and how real it looked.

Karl Fields
11-20-2008, 08:06 PM
Not only did this get a great reaction from the customers, it was a kick in the ass to operate!

15' tall flames that could be heard and felt 150' away. Originally had it on a timer and then as part of our Midi show, but that just didn't always catch the moment. Once I moved it to a wall switch the fun started. What a feeling of power!

BBQs R Us
Karl

skullman
11-20-2008, 08:19 PM
One of our new unit 70 props was a big hit this year-Eyegore inside the our morgue. we had soooo many people comment either how disgusting that is or how awesome that looks and how real it looked.

Can you post a pic of this prop???

Id appreciate it

Jim Warfield
11-20-2008, 10:15 PM
Karl, I ask because it looks like there might be a white arch above the flames?
Like a ceiling support?
Forget this! It was dust on my screen! Time to wipe it or plant it?

Greg Chrise
11-21-2008, 12:15 AM
Looking at the negative space you have the double hump outdoor 15 foot tall opposite of the McDonald's arches. Done in Black infinite space. McEvil's.

At McD's it's do you want fries with that?
At McE's it's do you want to be fried with that?

bhays
11-21-2008, 05:31 AM
Not only did this get a great reaction from the customers, it was a kick in the ass to operate!

15' tall flames that could be heard and felt 150' away. Originally had it on a timer and then as part of our Midi show, but that just didn't always catch the moment. Once I moved it to a wall switch the fun started. What a feeling of power!

BBQs R Us
Karl

Karl,

Did you build these flame throwers in house, or purchase them?

Jim Warfield
11-21-2008, 06:55 AM
You built those in your house, it had better be made all out of concrete!
(A long way from the closet you keep your napalm in)

Karl Fields
11-21-2008, 08:17 AM
Brett,
We got the Master Blasters from George Maser of http://www.tentsandsigns.com
Good product, quick shipping and wonderful phone support.