PDA

View Full Version : How Do You Use YOUR Cannon??

Empressnightshade
12-07-2006, 04:08 PM
I just purchased an air cannon...MY FIRST! I have not fired it up yet, so I guess that still makes me an air cannon virgin. But, that won't be for long! :D

I'm trying to come up with different innovative scares an air cannon can be used for, so my question is:

How Do You Use YOUR Cannon?

SomeThingInTheIce
12-07-2006, 05:17 PM
Heres how I will use my air cannon when I buy it. I will build a civil war cannon prop, man it with a cannon crew of buckys in civil war uniforms. I will place it off the trail in the woods, the air cannon will be off to one side hidden. When people walk by the air cannon will discharge with a loud BOOM, smoke will come out of the cannon prop and the air will rush by them. It will be so cool, I'm thinking of getting the super knee buckler from Evillutions. Let us know when you set of your cannon.

Empressnightshade
12-07-2006, 05:23 PM
Sounds great!

I already have my air cannon - got it in the mail yesterday. Early Christmas present. :) I have yet to fire it up and come up with a unique idea on how to use it.

Jim Warfield
12-07-2006, 06:02 PM
Just remember to build your Civil War cannon sturdy enough to not shake itself apart , lock washers, screws instead of nails and maybe some glue too!

Scaremaster
12-07-2006, 07:41 PM
We use a few air cannons throughout our haunt, but the best locations that I have found are towards the end of the haunt when folks think that they are getting ready to walk out and the show is over. Then all of a sudden they get a loud "PSHHHT". Freaks them out. If we didn't get them in the haunt, we got them at the end.

Also, they sound great when you put them inside of a 50gal metal drum. :)

Tattoo
12-07-2006, 07:45 PM
Empress,

You'll find out how we use ours on February 22nd!

:wink:

Take care,

Empressnightshade
12-07-2006, 07:48 PM
We use a few air cannons throughout our haunt, but the best locations that I have found are towards the end of the haunt when folks think that they are getting ready to walk out and the show is over. Then all of a sudden they get a loud "PSHHHT". Freaks them out. If we didn't get them in the haunt, we got them at the end.

Also, they sound great when you put them inside of a 50gal metal drum. :)

Those are both GREAT ideas...THANKS!

Empressnightshade
12-07-2006, 07:49 PM
Empress,

You'll find out how we use ours on February 22nd!

:wink:

Take care,

LOL!!! HOORAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gadget-evilusions
12-07-2006, 09:29 PM
Depends on your cannon. I have put them in prop shot guns, pointed them down from the ceiling, put them under the floor and shoot them up, basically any direction except sideways above the waist.

MDKing
12-09-2006, 01:19 PM
Where is a good place to get some good air cannons these days?

Raycliff Manor
12-09-2006, 01:30 PM
We got this guy http://www.designtoscano.com/shopping/product/detailmain.jsp?itemID=6909&itemType=PRODUCT&iMainCat=91&iSubCat=92&iProductID=6909 and our Prop Master, Brad, drilled a hole through the back and put a hose through the mouth. As people approach the end of one of our halls, this guy is at the end of the hall and shoots them with a blast of air. :twisted:

Kel

Jim Warfield
12-09-2006, 02:30 PM
My "Blasts" of air always seem to come out from another place?
And it does scare most people.
("If you don't breathe deeply there will be enough for everyone")
---Bob Blount, former employee
Ravens Grin Inn

Tattoo
12-09-2006, 02:40 PM
Allan,

Frightprops has some great little air cannons and their service is superb!

www.frightprops.com

Take care,

gadget-evilusions
12-09-2006, 08:50 PM
Try us @ www.evilusions.com or if you want insanley loud try my friends at www.minionsweb.com

ClusterOne
12-09-2006, 11:40 PM
For what its worth, I will vouch for Evilusions's Knee Buckler. Awesome product for the money! (and great customer service to boot!)

Gwen, we ran ours into a double barreled shotgun that my brother made. Worked like a charm, got everybody!

Empressnightshade
12-12-2006, 01:41 PM
Okay,

I've been holding off as to announcing who I purchased my air cannon from because I hadn't tried it out yet. Well, I'm happy to report that I am an air cannon virgin no more!

I finally got up the courage to test it out and all I can say is....WOW! It's fabulous! My ears are aching because I was having so much fun with it! :D

And who did I purchase it from...Drum Roll Please....MIDNIGHT EVIL!!

That's right! Our own Midnight Evil makes air cannons. And at such a reduced rate it's insane! He has made a great product that is affordable for poor folks like me. Here's the link to his site:

http://www.midnightevil.com/aircannon.htm

I liked it so much, I just purchased another one. A clown themed haunt should definitely have more than one air cannon. :wink: And at this price, we can afford to. Thanks, Midnight Evil!

SomeThingInTheIce
12-12-2006, 04:21 PM
Sweet, I may have to rethink this. How is the air flow Empress? Does a lot of air hit you?

Empressnightshade
12-12-2006, 04:59 PM
Sweet, I may have to rethink this. How is the air flow Empress? Does a lot of air hit you?
It's hard to say what you personally would feel is a lot. When I was standing 10 ft away, I activated it and it really blew my pants. So, being approximately 4 feet away like hauntgoers will be, I would say a definite "YES" on there being a lot of airflow.

MDKing
12-12-2006, 05:04 PM
Can you get them with pressure pads/mats?

Thanks,
Allan

Empressnightshade
12-12-2006, 06:22 PM
Can you get them with pressure pads/mats?

Thanks,
Allan
No, it comes with a hand held trigger. But, I talked with him today about the possibility of connecting one of the pressure mats I already have. All one has to do is either disconnect where the trigger is connected to the cannon OR simply cut the hand held trigger off and connect your mat that way. I'm choosing the latter as there is a nice long cord there which gives you more of an option where to place your mat.