PDA

View Full Version : Who would like to be featured for free on a site?

UnDeRTaKer313
11-21-2008, 01:28 PM
Check this out!

I am in the process of creating an extremely elaborate website and we will be featuring articles on home haunts, professional haunts, vendors, and everyone who associates with the haunted attraction industry. We would love to help anyone out who needs it to get the word out about your haunt, and in return you can help other haunter our by giving them advice, etc. It will be a great learning atmosphere for everyone.

If you would like to be recognized on this site, simply send me an email at
undertakerha13@aol.com and we can get things moving.

Thank you ! :)

UnDeRTaKer313
11-22-2008, 06:14 PM
please guys i need the support to make it a positive learning atmosphere.
and at the same time give tons of free advertising!!!

hoffie08
11-22-2008, 06:17 PM
i would love to i am 14 and have my home haunt

UnDeRTaKer313
11-22-2008, 07:33 PM
sounds good
send me an email at undertakerha13@aol.com with name and info and we will start working on it.

hoffie08
11-22-2008, 07:37 PM
i am chamber of terror haunted house. and my name is dylan hoff

hoffie08
11-22-2008, 07:38 PM
wat do u mean by info

UnDeRTaKer313
11-23-2008, 01:45 PM
just send me your name and what site or haunt you are affiliated with so i can add your to our contacts to start and then we will start to get your article and stuff set up.

hoffie08
11-23-2008, 02:01 PM
i sent u it my email

UnDeRTaKer313
11-23-2008, 06:32 PM
6 days left to get added to the site!

Tater
11-23-2008, 06:39 PM
Undertaker

Maybe the lack of response to your ad is the fact that you have lack of info in your post. You dont name what site its for...you dont give all the important details that people in the haunt industry want and need. We havent gotten this far by not giving each other info. So give some info, about what you do, who you are, what site you represent and it might help your cause some. However, you mistaking me for Tattoo is a totally diff story and that is why im not going on your site

hoffie08
11-23-2008, 06:50 PM
hey is the info i sent to u good

UnDeRTaKer313
11-24-2008, 05:09 AM
Hello i am undertaker313 (nick). i am the owner of hell's gate haunted house.
we are making the switch from home haunt to proffesional haunt this year and so far it looks like everything is going to work out.
However i am in the process of designing a website as well.
here is some info on it.

I am in the process of creating a site that will give people access to tons of information related to the haunt industry.
The site is going to have a global haunted house directory, news and media, pages upon pages of resources in the industry, free and paid for advertisement opportunities, forum and chat, and some form of a social networking system.
The site is not up yet and we do not have a domain name bought yet so i cant give that out yet.

However we are in the process of collecting information on haunts and gathering news and info, as well as just compiling our contacts and resources.
Let me know if you still need more info, sorry its hard to just explain in words.

If you would like to be recognized on this site, simply send me an email at
undertakerha13@aol.com and we can get things moving.

Thank you ! :)

hoffie08
11-24-2008, 05:22 AM
so is wat i said good or not

robos99
11-24-2008, 11:48 AM
Nick, this isn't an attack on you, but I think some of the people here might be a bit skeptical, with good reason, due to a lack of details. So I have some questions...

Exactly what is "Joe the haunt owner" going to gain from signing up with your website? People don't just want to know what your site is going to have, they want to know how it will benefit them. How does your site differ from Haunt World? Not that there's anything wrong with having more than one industry forum, but it sounds like everything your site will have already exists here. So why leave HW? Sure it's ok to post on multiple sites, but what benefit does yours give to people that you can't find here?

You say you'll have "pages upon pages of resources in the industry". Who will be writing these pages of resources? No offense but if I'm looking for advice on running a pro haunt or anything of that sort I'd rather take advice from the people here who have years (some decades) of experience, rather than a freshman pro haunter such as yourself.

Again these aren't personal attacks on you, but if you want to start a website (or a haunt) you have to expect that people are going to ask questions. Just as I'm sure any potential investors or lenders may have some critical questions about your haunt's business plan.

And on a lighter note....you're opening a pro haunt, and now a website....are you trying to be Larry? Haha, just kidding.

UnDeRTaKer313
11-24-2008, 02:36 PM
Here’s what it comes down to, we know how hard it is to build a haunted house and the resources you need to do it. A lot of the time those contacts and phone numbers and websites are hard to get. We are interested; not in making money, but in providing those resources and contacts to other haunt owners. We are not looking to make a huge profit, or much of a profit at all. This does not mean that all of your problems will be solved by coming to our site, but that there will be more resources, websites, contacts, etc. on our site because we will not just be listing sponsored business. It will not be as expensive to post advertisements on our site so it is our belief that that will attract more resources and in turn be more useful to you. We will also be including chats, blogs, forums, news, and other things of that nature. That sounds quite similar to other sites, but please remember that we want to be the best when it comes to helping other haunt owners. ;We know how difficult it is. We are not trying to attack or degrade anyone’s business or reputation with any of the information here. We are just providing facts.

dawn408
11-24-2008, 04:26 PM
So you have come onto Larry's site which features paid advertising spots for haunters and vendors to drum up business for your site which will offer the same thing. That is so tacky. Hauntworld will probably go out of business after 14 year old millionare Hoffie buy thousands of dollars in ads on your site.

Tater
11-24-2008, 05:01 PM
Thought i might add that he is 16...so that might explain some dawn....not trying to bash him at all

UnDeRTaKer313
11-24-2008, 05:03 PM
well maybe since ive been on these forums and posted for much longer than you i will let this go.
i didnt come on here just to get money or whatever for my site!
ive been on here for about 2 years and have hundreds of posts.
i help others out. and everybody has helped me out as well.
now i am offering to help others out by giving them free advertising.
if they dont want it i am sorry to waste all your time.
i will take my buisness elsewhere.

hoffie08
11-24-2008, 05:11 PM
UnDeRTaKer313
i think that you are doing something great and if people don't want it. then it is to bad for them. and people that want it even better for them.

dawn408
11-24-2008, 05:59 PM
What do you mean you have been on here longer than me? Look in the top right corner next to my post. I have been a member since August 2003. I don't post on here much because I prefer to communicate with others in private off the forum.

Thanks for letting me know that you will let this go. I was scared you would get your mom to get you out of school early and drive you over to my house so you could beat me up.

Enough of your foolishness. I have to get busy making skeleton trees. Hoffie said he would buy one if he got enough money from Santa this year.

hoffie08
11-24-2008, 06:06 PM
dawn408 what about me buying what.

UnDeRTaKer313
11-24-2008, 06:27 PM
thank you for handling that like a mature adult.

hoffie08
11-24-2008, 06:31 PM
i think that your site will be really good for people that need that little more help. what you are doing is really great.

TheNightMare
11-24-2008, 06:34 PM
This site right here is free to post your haunt on. Yes, they have paid advertisers, but everything else is free. Blogs, videos, ads, etc...

I don't mean to bash, but it sounds like you are copying everything Larry has done with HW.

Good Luck getting people to follow you.

UnDeRTaKer313
11-24-2008, 06:55 PM
thank you for your support hoffie08

hoffie08
11-24-2008, 07:37 PM
your welcome i think it will be a big site that will help a lot of haunt people.
if you want help building the site just ask i would be more then happy to help you.
hoffie08

robos99
11-24-2008, 08:18 PM
I'm all for having another industry site. The more the better in my opinion...as long as they accurately represent this industry. That being said, Nick I think you're definitely gonna be fighting an uphill battle. HW already has a massive user base, good luck getting people to try out some other site.

You said you're not looking to get rich, just make a little profit. I hate to break it to ya but it's very hard to make a profitable website. Not since the dotcom bubble burst years ago have new website startups been making tons of money. There are still some flukes, but I don't think you'll find that making a haunt industry website. If you want to make a website, good for you, I'm all for it. But don't count on making any money. I've run several websites, including some forums, and I know first hand...most of the funding comes from your pocket. People don't want to pay for advertising unless there's already an established user base. And it takes time to grow a forum. Not to mention, everything costs. Hosting, domain, forum software, chat software, none of it is free. Well, some is, but the QUALITY stuff isn't free. Neither is a web designer. And unfortunately, popularity is also a burden. Because as your traffic increases, so does your bandwidth usage, and you need to pay for more of that. (I'm sure Larry can attest to that...did he say 10,000 visits for October?).

Also don't be too surprised to see a backlash about this posting here. It's usually frowned upon advertising your site on a competitor's website.

UnDeRTaKer313
11-25-2008, 05:03 AM
ok, cool yeah its definetly going to take time, but im going to go for it.
and im cool with not making a dime as long as im helping others out. =)

hoffie08
12-05-2008, 05:55 PM
hey
hows the site going and how is your plans for next year going. good luck going pro u can do it i know u can.
wish u the best of luck
hoffie08