PDA

View Full Version : GMAIL... Pass it along

drfrightner
12-01-2008, 12:41 PM
I WILL NOT accept ANY new accounts using a GMAIL email address from today on. If you know someone who wants to join the forum tell them to get an email account that is NOT from GMAIL.

99.9% of all spammer accounts trying to join this forum are from GMAIL! So its to much work to look through 100 plus FAKE accounts all from GMAIL to find just one good one, so from now on I just wont' accept ANY from GMAIL.

Pass it along if you know someone who wants to join the forums.

Thanks
Larry

UnDeRTaKer313
12-01-2008, 04:49 PM
just wondering how you distinquish between a spammer gmail and non spammer gmail.

drfrightner
12-01-2008, 05:56 PM
Its hard let me tell you that... but alot of the IP's are the same, crazy email address's that no normal person would have, or a user name that doesn't make any sense. Its not easy but you try to figure it out...something like 100 plus every single week almos all of them GMAIL accounts.

Google should do something to limit this but they don't so oh well..

Larry

UnDeRTaKer313
12-01-2008, 06:50 PM
yeah some friends at school learned how to create macros to make email accounts.
but they dont work on most email servers.

you would think that by adding that dang security code thingy to the sign up sheets of everything would help cut down on that, i guess not enough.

drfrightner
12-02-2008, 01:25 AM
If a GMAIL account signs up and has a CLEAR Haunted House user name we'll take them otherwise I'm tired of guessing.

So if someone does have a GMAIL account tell them to make a CLEAR haunted handle. Larry