PDA

View Full Version : Darkness Tour Updates and Photos

drfrightner
12-09-2008, 02:17 AM
Okay folks I'm starting a new and fresh thread...

I will post photos on this thread, updates on this thread, and keep you in the loop of anything we change, building, blah, blah on this thread.

Note: There will not be any discussions debated about how much we charge, or anything of that nature. If you do NOT want to come DO NOT COME, if you think we are charging to much DO NOT BUY A TICKET. No debate, no amount of discussion will change anything about what we'll charge or how much it is worth.

The only things we'll discuss is updates about the tour, answer your questions, any questions you want to discuss bring them up here. We will answer all questions but again will not debate the value or cost of the tour.

What is being offered: TOUR OF A TOTALLY UPDATED attractionready for the October 2009 season in March. There are two different events.

1) Lights on Tour the night before the show (Thursday) which would include food, drinks, camera's allowed, and a ticket to come back on Saturday for the live performance. 125.00 per person. (limited to 250 people)

2) Live Show: Saturday of the show. All tickets sold on a timed ticketing program to avoid long lines. Full show with actors. No Camera's allowed on the inside of the attractions.

When will tickets on Sale?: Right now we have to make sure 110% positive that we can actually get the attraction complete. NO tickets will go on sale prior to the end of January. We will announce when tickets will go on sale through this website. The website is active and will be updated weekly, simply the ticketing option will not be activated until we are certain on what level we can open.

Darkness Upgrades: The Darkness will undergo a MAJOR renovation costing in excess of $200,000.00. We started working on the attraction in November tearing out scene from 08 that we no longer want. Five new sets will be added to the Darkness, and several sets will be upgraded and updated.

Five new MAJOR scenes will be added starting with a new interactive que line. Are you ready to see what level someone can take a que line and create a pre-show? Well here is your chance because we'll build one of the best in the industry just for this event.

Also on the main level of the Darkness we will add a new mineshaft cave with falling spikes. Another new scene on the first floor will be a new torture chamber complete with a falling head effect that will really be cool!

Lastly on the first floor several existing area's will be upgraded.

On the second floor we are improving several of the scenes for example adding a talking head animation to our art gallery, re-arraging our wine celler, blah, blah, blah. But the new scenes will include a RAT infested cellar, and a MAJOR new scene towards the end of the Darkness a Green House. The Green House will include a custom made Venus Fly Trap, a Plant Monster, and falling plants that attack from the ceiling.

We are not sure if the new attractions inside our new building can be created or not however that is the goal... we have built a new building onto our existing building and i the process added an additional 16,000 square feet.

The plan is to add a second haunted house 'Terror Visions', gift shop and a Monster Museum.

The haunt show is in St. Louis and the website can be reached at www.hauntshow.com (http://www.hauntshow.com).

Now from this post on read about all the happenings inside The Darkness.

Larry

drfrightner
12-09-2008, 03:02 AM
Here are some photos of The Darkness' new building going up up and away!

Larry

drfrightner
12-09-2008, 03:10 AM
Photos of the Darkness from this past season.

Larry

drfrightner
12-09-2008, 03:15 AM
A couple more photos from last year... Larry

drfrightner
12-09-2008, 03:18 AM
Now we're going to this year...

Here is the first drawing we have of the facade we plan to build for the interior of the all new Darkness. You may not notice but the head looking thing actually has water pouring out of his mouth. This facade would include a waterfall. It should be pretty cool.

Tell me what you think.

Larry

drfrightner
12-17-2008, 12:59 PM
As you know we are building a massive interior facade, and now it got a little bigger because we're going to deck out another wall with some carving props we simply have laying around. Here are some pictures of that stuff. Some of this will have to be modified and re-carved then re-hardcoated but here are some pictures. You will notice a panther sitting up there and a massive boa snake.

Also we are hard at work on the Mummish torture chamber. MAN O MAN this room will be AWESOME! Doesn't look it now but it will...

Yesterday Kip was there along with my whole team and we simply spent half the day masterminding all the scenes, all the animations we are going to CUSTOM MAKE... its going to be awesome folks.

By the end of next week I should have a lot more photos. The one photo shows up working on the new chamber room, all that is done is framing out the room and we're putting up some cool vac for and putting pink foam on the walls. We are going to carve the pink foam into sandstone rocks. This room will take more shape next week.

Larry

drfrightner
12-28-2008, 01:19 AM
We're still working on these Mummy Jail scene, the main thing holding us up right now is a welder. It broke. Will have it fixed on Tueday and by the end of the week it should be pretty much wrapped up. The main head on the facade will also be done this week and it will be attached to the facade this week as well.

By the end of this coming week it should really start coming along!

Larry

Raycliff Manor
12-29-2008, 11:12 AM
Looking good! You must go through a ton of styro! How many people in your construction crew Larry? Do you come up with all the designs? You and your team are incredibly talented!

Larry, do you ever look back at pictures from your haunt/s in the early years to see how far you've come? One of these days, when time permits.... LOL, you should write a book about the progress of your business and haunts. I'm sure we'd all be surprised to really know the trials and hardships you've faced and the sacrifices you've made. I'd also love to see a book like this from Ben at Netherworld, Tony at Spookywoods, Kevin at the Haunted Mansion and many others!

Kel

drfrightner
12-29-2008, 06:11 PM
I think that is a very good subject that someone should start... go back way back and scan in photos of your early haunts and post them here. Lets see how far everyone has come. I know we have come a long long long way!

I can dig out some photos!

As for our haunted house I pretty much determine what we are going to do and what we are not going to do to the Darkness and our other attractions.

People in our crew have idea's and those get thrown out and sometimes we all just sit around and discuss things. There are a bunch of people working here off and on so there is a lot of people involved.

Larry

drfrightner
12-31-2008, 10:21 PM
We have LIGHTS... the first floor of our building our add on NOW has lights. The sprinkler system is installed on both floors, and will be tapped into our water main as soon as we get he heaters installed.

Next week the back door will be installed as will the last four windows. At this point the one side of the building is also done with bricks. They are now working on the back of the building. The building will be secure as of next week.

We are also going to start Terror Visions sometime next week. I don't know if it will be done in time for this show but we'll try.

Anyway the room you see here with the lights running will be the room for the party.

Larry

drfrightner
12-31-2008, 10:33 PM
Okay now here are updates to the haunt itself...

The facade is coming along as you can see. The big head on the wall will have water pouring out of the mouth. The walls will carved out like slate rock. There will actually be two facade in this room one you walk through and one that sits up against another wall.

Additionally the que line will be chopped in half and our slayer will be in the middle of the que room.

We have also done a lot of other work on the Darkness...

1) We re built our wine celler (ALREADY COMPLETE)

2) Re-created the last scene in the Darkness (ALREADY COMPLETE)

3) New Tourture Chamber is still waiting on the welding of our new cage that goes in front of the one side and two new pillars. Once those are in we will hard coat this room and start the process of theming.

4) The last scene on the first floor is still up in the not much work done here.

5) Wedding Scene was redone so you could see the pepper ghost effect better than last year. COMPLETE

6) Green House has been started but not close to being done.

We are going to make this haunt the best it can be...

Keep checking back for more updates.

Larry

drfrightner
01-07-2009, 02:02 AM
Okay here are more pics the latest coming right at you..

What you are going to see here are several things one this Jaguar is something that will sit on top of one of these new facades like on top of a ledge. The next few pics show the facade coming along. You can see the waterfall starting to take shape here. Under that big head can see the area where the water will fall and the rocks we are carving around.

Also you see the Mummy Torture chamber coming along as well... we're welding this together right on the spot. As you know there is another jail on the other side. The vat goes in the middle of this room.

Lastly you see that big rock formation sticking out from the facade that will actually have people walking under it.

Now in this room there is another facade on another wall. That is also almost done but for some reason I forgot to take a photo of it.

I have some pics of the green house but they are not really that exciting.

Larry

drfrightner
01-09-2009, 09:58 PM
More photos... yes its REALLY COMING ALONG NOW!

More of the foam work ... hard coating will be next week!

Larry

drfrightner
01-09-2009, 10:02 PM
Here is some more pics from today...

More pics of our mummy torture chamber... almost done with the bars. Once we hard coat next week we'll start painting and then theming.

Larry

drfrightner
01-14-2009, 10:01 PM
Updates...

We are now trying to get TERROR VISIONS DONE and OUR NEW MUSEUM.. I can't promise ANYTHING but we are going to try. Every wall for the new Terror Visions is built and will be erected by the end of this coming week.

We have also moved some of our gaes in place as well.

Larry

drfrightner
01-16-2009, 11:02 PM
More pictures folks...

And yes you can finally but tickets here are the links. I know I am already going to be asked so... the white chunks taken out of the one facade is because we want to make it look chipped away, older, broken down. You see this was some very old stuff... the paint you see on this everything is being hard coated right over. In other words its gone... everything you've seen painted is NOT painted, it must be hard coated, then based, and then we'll paint it then theme over it.

You haven't seen anything yet!

It will take about 5 days to hard coat all the foam in the Darkness....basically all of next week. We start on Tuesday. Once everything is hardcoated we will seal it then we'll paint it. I'm taking a guess here but it will be painted by February 1st about 8 weeks before D-Day. While everything is being hard coated and paintd and before we start the theming process we'll move upstairs and finsih the build out on the sets upstairs.

Here is the links to buy tickets.

Main Event-March 28:
https://v2.interactiveticketing.com/tickets/t232_the_darkness_haunted_house_2009_090116231c/form_buy_tickets.php (mhtml:{EF635B1C-3C5D-4B64-82DF-B83C7E82CF5F}mid://00000730/!x-usc:https://v2.interactiveticketing.com/tickets/t232_the_darkness_haunted_house_2009_090116231c/form_buy_tickets.php)

Light On Tour March 26:
https://v2.interactiveticketing.com/tickets/t232_the_darkness_haunted_house_2009_090116231c/form_LightsOn.php (mhtml:{EF635B1C-3C5D-4B64-82DF-B83C7E82CF5F}mid://00000730/!x-usc:https://v2.interactiveticketing.com/tickets/t232_the_darkness_haunted_house_2009_090116231c/form_LightsOn.php)

drfrightner
01-17-2009, 06:23 AM
Here are a few more odd and end photos... nothing that important but the brick work has gotten a bit further. We will hold the party in this room... we will also hold our DINNER for the lights on tour in here.

TICKETS ARE ON SALE NOW!

drfrightner
01-22-2009, 03:24 AM
Here are more photos folks. The entire facade is now hard coated. I was down at the Darkness today until about midnight working on placing skulls, cutting foam and just general review of everything. Was using the Hot Wire stuff for a few hours...man that stuff is great!!!

Also was screwing props to the walls and just general stuff like that. Hopefully today the rest of the facade will be hard coated and we can start cleaning up this room.

You might ask why are the skulls out on the facade that isn't finished being hard coated... well I came up with this great idea of of hard coating the facade for the most then putting the skulls and then applying the last and final but very thin coat of hard coat over the facade and the skulls.

This way the skulls will be hard coated right to the facade making it very hard to remove them. So that is why they are all out. I also carved these small ledges into the corners of stuff and stacked the skulls. It looks very cool.

This room will be done later today, then it will be based same day. Then sometime next week it will be painted and we'll start to theme this room.

We have this new temple room that will be complete sometime this week and it will be hard coated as well. Plus the mummy torture chamber is on its way to being hard coated today. That room will also be sealed and painting started next week as well.

Probably by the end of NEXT week you'll start to see finished rooms.

Our goal is to have the WHOLE down stairs painted, cleaned and themed by the end of this month. Once the rooms are painted the theming will go very very fast.

Larry

drfrightner
01-22-2009, 03:31 AM
More photos here...

The side of the building is really coming along. We are hoping that the front of the new addition will be bricked by the time everyone comes. It will probably not be totally completed however two sides will beI'm sure.

Terror Visions is under construction as you can see in these photos. A wall is being built around the staircase which is needed to pass fire codes. The wall around the staircase and Terror Visions SHOULD be completed but I don't know for sure.

We will attempt to build the retail store and the monster museum again 50/50 at best. No matter what you will see them under some level of completion when you come.

We have to install two mini golfs prior to Transworld so that might hold us up from getting Terror Visions together not sure yet. We'll see... either way the attraction is going up!

Larry

drfrightner
01-23-2009, 11:56 PM
Getting closer. The facade is now hard coated, based and then based in a dark color because all of the colors we paint this with will be light. By Monday the facades will be totally painted and theming will begin. The mummy torture room is also in the same condition and it will be painted as well very soon.

By the end of next week we should have the que room DONE!

The mummy toture chamber DONE!

There is ONLY one room left that we are carving on, and it will be hard coated this weekend.

The whole entire downstairs will be done by the end of this month and then it will be up to the upstairs.

Terror Visions is having the walls installed. By the end of next week all of the walls will be installed and painted black. Then we'll start to build the sets for Terror Visions. We are still hoping to get Terror Visions done before Transworld.

FYI... ONLY 39 tickets left for the behind the scenes tour!

Larry

drfrightner
01-28-2009, 10:15 PM
Here are some new photos of the facade nearly complete.

Its coming along.

Larry

Ken Spriggs
01-29-2009, 11:41 AM
Larry looks nice.

You know after playing for the last 15 years building and designing haunts, I have found that it is very hard to do big sets and make them scary.

We built a church front last year some 25 feet tall or something like that
We put a cross on the top and made it look like it was weathered
Now first off...we aren't opening for TW so why the hell did we do that?
Secondly....you have to keep soooooooo much room open to be able to view the darn facade.
Now I really doubt that ANYONE saw that the cross was weathered even with all the damn room we lost in the yard of it.

I miss the days of blackwalls and no lighting because you couldn't afford it.
Problem is once you set the bar with the customers....you need to keep pushing it.
I love making cool looking sets BUT I always have to stop myself and ask WHERE IS THE SCARE?

Looks like Larry has plenty of spots to hide and scare.....and he has pretty cool sets from the pictures I see (I was at the OLD OLD OLD darkness many moons ago).
I hate to be the guys working with the foam when they get older.....my lungs are pretty trashed from working on projects....paint plaster dirt hay horse crap...you name it ALL FROM HAUNTED HOUSE STUFF....gee there are masks you could have worn....I know MOM thanks

I guess a lesson to the new people loving huge sets......make sure you have a scare not just a cool looking place. I have learned this the hard way.

drfrightner
01-29-2009, 12:08 PM
Everything you see here is just a que area no scares. We use to have scares in the que area but we took them all out. We are making the room more Universal, complete with television screens showing Darkness on different programs and everything.

It should be really cool!

Larry

drfrightner
01-29-2009, 10:39 PM
Here is some more pics the facade isn't done painting yet...we are going to airbrush the whole thing. Larry

drfrightner
01-29-2009, 10:52 PM
Here are some pics of a new temple room we just finished building, sculpting, hard coated and based coated. Once you hard coat foam you must base it with a grip and seal paint. Tomorrow we will paint both our new torture chamber and the new temple chamber.

That big vat in the middle will hold water, it will also have a worm monster under the water and it will push up through the water and chew on a torso. I would say by the end of next week all of these rooms will be painted, themed and proped out.

Couple other updates... Terror Visions maze is up 110%. It was being finished base coating. On Friday our guys will paint the whole maze black. All next week the sets for the inside of Terror VIsions will be built and installed. Our painters will probably start painting on Terror Visions within 2 weeks.

LAST UPDATE: THE behind the scenes tour is SOLD OUT, it has gone over 250 tickets sold... however we are going to take this up another 50 or so people. We came up with a new plan to get people through. But this will be sold out 110% within days maybe hours.

Larry

drfrightner
02-02-2009, 11:07 PM
Here are some more photos of the attraction. Its coming along but I doubt very very seriously the attraction will be done like it would be for the October... this is just way to hard to pull off way to much work in such a short time frame.

We did however get the maze for Terror Visions up and painted black.

I doubt we'll build the monster museum in time, and Terror Visions will be tough to complete however it should be painted for the show.

We are still working on the main floor of Darkness and haven't even TOUCHED the upstairs... hopefully we complete the downstairs construction wise by this Friday, clean up the whole downstairs, then by the end of next week have the whole place themed. That is the goal.

That leaves 6 weeks roughly to build out the rest of the second floor, terror visions and the monster museum...again not enough time.

But we'll see how far we get.

Anyway there is only 33 tickets left for the tour on Thursday that is after we raised it by 50 tickets.

www.TheDarkness.com (http://www.TheDarkness.com)

Larry

drfrightner
02-03-2009, 02:55 AM
Couple more things here... I hope you see the progression of building this facade. This facade room is killing this whole project of getting done on time I can tell you that. Maybe to many it looks done but its not even close...maybe to some it looks done but not to me. It now needs vines, props, lighting, and things like getting the eyes to light up to working on the waterfall and get that to work to hooking up the animations in this room. This is way more work than its worth at this point but here we are...

Building this facade room has take over ONE MONTH to complete... no easy project. Over the coming days you'll see it really take shape.

To answer Damons question... NO DAMON, there is no chicken wire this is all foam carved down with weed eaters (believe it or not), hot wire foam factory products, chainsaws, and hand carving tools. Once the foam is in the desired shape it is hardcoated, then based, then painted and now it will be themed.

Lastly, let me add that I should have just made two days of lights on tours, we are putting so much time into trying to build the attraction we have no time to meet with our actors, costumes, make up nothing. All of that looks like it will be washed down the drain. This is the most work we've ever attemped on the place.

We had to tear out brick windows to gain access to the new building, to building this building to installing all the safety stuff any new haunt needs this just couldn't be done by just anyone I can assure you that. Basically we are building a new building, two new attractions meeting all the safety codes, planning dinners, and rehab a 20,000 square foot haunted house to boot...

The total cost of this so far is NOW OVER $200,000.00 NOT including the building addition which we started paying for back in June....that is now up to a bit over $550,000.00.

I'm getting stressed I can tell you that, I'm starting to freak out here! Someone help! LOL

I've just spent the past FOUR hours typing lists of things that must be done...

Anyway also included is a picture of a falling bridge we're building... when you walk on it it will drop 2 inches really fast and scare the crap out of you!

As for the behind the scenes tour... again there is only like 30 something tickets left and then its DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We can't hold anymore... NO ONE!

We have this color code plan where we can now seat 300 people while 50 people tour the haunt and this process will go on all night long. Lots of coordination let me tell you. So we are now able to get this tour up to 300 seating while 50 tour the haunt.

THIS IS THE MAX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sold tickets right now is at something like 310 or something for the behind the scenes tour. DO NOT MISS THE HAUNT in this condition where you can actually really enjoy what you are seeing!!!

Go to www.TheDarkness.com (http://www.TheDarkness.com).

I predict they will all be sold out within 10 days MAX!

Larry

drfrightner
02-04-2009, 05:35 PM
Okay more photos here... things are going strong around here. We are still trying to finish up this first floor. We've worked on it now for TWO MONTHS still NOT done. Bit off way more than we could chew (LOL).

Anyway also I'm erasing posts between posting photos because I want the photo to stay together so you can see the progress of the attraction.

Anyway let me know what you think of it now...

The only things left on the facade is the lighting and making the waterfall work. So what do you think?

FYI... The Behind the Scenes Tour was expanded to 350 people. That is it the limit not ONE more person. We got a bid today for food, I will be letting everyone know about the menu later this week.

GET YOUR TICKETS NOW... We have roughty 45 left.

Larry

drfrightner
02-04-2009, 05:51 PM
REMEMBER you can ENLARGE the photos by clicking on them... a white box empty will pop up but give it like 2 or 3 seconds it will enlarge the photo.

Larry

drfrightner
02-04-2009, 10:24 PM
Couple more... everyday from here on out will be nothing but detail work. Hard work finally paying off. Larry

drfrightner
02-04-2009, 11:08 PM
Let me clear that up for you... NO the Darkness will no be done it will take at least another MONTH to finish it? Maybe when you walk through you'll think the attraction is done but not in my mind. See the difference?

Terror Visions will be painted, and one of the coolest 3D attractions you've ever seen... The Monster Museum will be there (LOL), but with any of these things they are NEVER DONE!

Let me explain another way... in 24 hours time I could get the haunted house ready to open right now! Will it be the way I want it NO but could I open it YES!

I hold myself to a HIGH standard so it will take a lot more than what we'll be able to do by March 26th to get it to my standards. You must understand I've bit off way more than we could chew. I wanted to inspire everyone who's coming and well I'm spending way too much money on this and the money just keeps flying out the window DAILY!

WILL ANYONE be disappointed NO FREAKIN WAY... are you looking at the same pictures I'm uploading? LOL C'mon now!

Will we have the sound just right, will we have the lighting right, will we have all the stuff just the way we want NO, will it still be better than anything you've ever seen? Hmmm... maybe maybe not but considering its a maybe or maybe not that means its up there so you have nothing to worry about! Trust me!

Here are some drawings of the 3D haunted house we're going to do! Tell me what you think.

Inside Terror Visions we're building an ice cream truck this will be a riot!!! The other drawing is of an eyeball scene we're doing.

Larry

drfrightner
02-05-2009, 03:48 PM
The Darkness Tour is also now being sponsored by...

Bonnie Lewis
bonnie@wristband.com
Wristband Resources, Inc.
21365 Gateway Court
Brookfield WI 53045
Phone: 262/754-5854
Facsimile: 262/373-1909
www.wristband.com

drfrightner
02-06-2009, 11:32 PM
Boring stuff first...

Here is a photo of our new gift shop, not yet completed. The Gift shop will not be ready in time for the show but it will be built. You can see it in an uncompleted form during the show.

Secondly you may think this is no big deal but really it is... this is the picture of what was a window and now is a door way to conect the two buildings. This was a LOT of work and very expensive believe it or not. It took professionals to make it look this slick. But it does look slick let me tell you.

Now onto the fun stuff... the whole entire downstairs is nearly done folks. By the end of next week it will be done.

Theming wise most of the stuff is up and out. We will be more or less simply setting up props, hooking up all these candles we have everywhere (about 200) yeah I know that is a lot.

More photos to come!

Larry

drfrightner
02-06-2009, 11:40 PM
Here come some more photos. Consider most of these are with a flash sooooo you can't see what it will look like under show lighting condition.

But everything is really coming together. The photos do not do the place justice let me tell you. Everything will really slow down next week because we're leaving out of town to install a mini golf attraction.

We are HARD at work building Terror Visions and the Monster Museum.

We have ONE WHOLE ENTIRE scene upstairs we are considering leaving blank because we just might be able to build it in time. We'll see. This coming week the focus will be strickly on the GREEN HOUSE.

The Green House will be built on Monday and Tuesday and we should be theming it by the end of the week. We had to order another $4,000 in vines because we ran out.

Larry

drfrightner
02-06-2009, 11:49 PM
Here are a few more. On the one photo you might be asking 'what in the hell are all of those wires hanging down'.

Well that is a surprise!

And yes that is the puma from earlier photos.

Enjoy the pictures. Less than 30 tickets remain to the behind scenes tour.

I will have the menu for dinner sometime next week.

Larry

drfrightner
02-06-2009, 11:55 PM
Here is the Puma. Now I will not be posting any photos of say the CAVE room still probably the single coolest scene in the haunted house, or our really awesome t-rex room, and the chamber room, blah, blah because you can see those rooms when you get here.

I'm only posting scenes of NEW STUFF!

Once you put your eye balls on these sets, use of animation, and so on you will never see a haunt the same ever again. You will leave the building inspired to get back to your own place. I hope one day to tour your attraction and leave your place running back to my place to catch up!

I really hope we can inspire haunters everywhere to up their game, take on Hollywood, blow all other forms of entertainment away!!! When I was building my haunted house and trying to make the Darkness I visited a place called 'Spookyworld' which changed how I saw the industry and my haunt forever. That was an eye opening experience let me tell you. I hope the Darkness can be the same inspiration to you, which is why we are busting our butt over here to make it all it can be for this event. I know we won't be everything to everyone, and we will never claim to be the end all be all, or the best or whatever, but I do hope that you come away feeling inspired.

Its a mission, its a goal, and its a fact!

Larry

drfrightner
02-10-2009, 10:59 PM
Okay guys more photos for you over a couple emails.

Our entire crew left to Wisconsin to install an attraction so not much else will get done this week. I'm kinda upset that our green house wasn't finished.... clearly that won't be done now until next week.

The taping and mudding of the monster museum... that won't be done for another week as well.

This is going SLOW!!!!!!!

Bit off way to much for such a short window.

Larry

drfrightner
02-10-2009, 11:07 PM
Here are some more...

One showing the big part of the side of the building now has bricks. This is where you enter.

Larry

drfrightner
02-10-2009, 11:21 PM
Here are some images of Terror Visions. We haven't started working on yet but we will in about two weeks. Building Terror Visions and the Monster Museum prior to Transworld will be nearly impossible. It will be there but not done...

We are really rushing the design of Terror Visions, we are missing parts to the black hole tunnel, we have welding to do, had to hire more contract labor today, this is basically insain out of control spending.

We are WELL NORTH NOW of $200,000.00 to do this tour.

FYI... there are EXACTLY 317 tickets sold to the behind the scenes tour, the system will shut off at 350 tickets sold... so there is exactly 33 tickets left.

I will tell you as a fact if you own a haunted house you must see the haunt in a behind the scenes fashion.

33 tickets left.

Larry

oakhillshaunterTHEFEAR
02-11-2009, 12:38 AM
My favorite scen so far is the Green House. It seems so enveloping that is nearly exactly how I want to feel and have my patrons feel when they walk through mine some day. I love the Huge face and the vines and pretty much all of it. Vincent This Time!

drfrightner
02-16-2009, 12:53 AM
Couple more pictures...

There won't be many more pictures until we get a lot further along with Terror Visions or until after we starting lighting the attraction. There just isn't much left to do downstairs but animations, and lighting.

Upstairs we'll be working on the green house this week. Most of the other scenes are staying the same just a tweak here and there. The swamp got an overhaul and the graveyard got a facelift.

This week we will be putting Terror Visions together but still wont' be painting on this until next week. The monster museum looks like this won't be done in time for the show but it will basically be installed. The reason it won't be done is because I decided to carpet the thing and that won't come in until the last second. I doubt we'll have time to put it together in time but we'll see.

I have to do the Monster Museum right and its low priority right now. We went ahead and hired some professionals to mud and tape the thing... and hey claim by next Monday it would be done. From there we have to paint the thing. Im turning the thing into a Drive Inn Movie theater theme...it will be cool!

Larry

drfrightner
02-17-2009, 10:37 PM
Our new behind the scenes tour tickets should go on sale on Wed...

Keep looking.

Here are some new photos of work done. We had about 8 calls today from people wanting to buy tickets to the new behind the scenes tour.

Larry

drfrightner
02-24-2009, 10:36 PM
Green House is coming along but won't be done until the end of the week. A massive animation goes in the middle, and a giant plant monster will also be installed. Still working on he mummy rooms but everything is coming along. We start painting Terror Viions today. Pics of that will come soon. Larry

drfrightner
02-25-2009, 01:10 AM
And a few more...

Updates on the haunt itself... with about 4 weeks to go I really seriously doubt we'll have this place ready like we would on opening day in September. We wont' get all the lighting just right, sound just right there will be all sorts of odd and ends stuff just not done, and maybe we won't have all the animations working I just don't know.

The place is a wreck right now we are having to order another 30 yard trash can and will hire a few people for a few days to do nothing but CLEAN!!!!!

Let me say this ... this might be the most stressfull thing I've ever been involved in and I'm not selling that short. We should have been on a reality tv show here, because what we are doing is just impossible.

Screw American Chopper trying to meet a deadline, this is a real deadline that is basically just brutal... like I've said many times before we are NOT just opening the haunted house like it was last October... within the past 4 months we have done the following:

1) Watched a whole building go up all 15,000 square feet of it which included the steel, roof, floors, walls, bricks, sprinkler, electric, doors, heating, you name it. All within the past few months.

2) We installed inside that new building a whole new haunted house (Terror Visions) and built a monter museum, neither of which are done yet but hoping they will be.

3) Ripped out 7 scenes inside the darkness and cleaned the building top to bottom before attempting to build new scenes.

4) Have built the following new scenes includuing the Green House, Swamp, New yet to be built scene, Mummy torture room, a new temple room, revamped our graveyard, last scene, a tool room, and much more.

This was more work than we have ever done before and forgot to mention between all of this we installed FIVE attractions out of town.

Like I said this should have been a reality show becaue sparks are flying around here...

I hope in the end everyone has a great time, and I will tell you the truth I'm looking forward to Monday, March 30, 2009, a day we go to install a blacklight mini golf out of town. I think everyone for once is looking foward to going on an install...that is how intense it is around here.

Larry

PS: I saw one unnamed person say something to the tune that me posting all these photos saved him $125.00... LOL!

Let me tell you this I WILL NOT POST some photos of some unnamed FX that will be taking place in the haunted house because I don't want to spoil it for you. But once you see this green house in action you might just stand in there for 45 minutes checking it all out. There will be an ENOURMOUS animations inside, and not only that but another ENORMOUS puppet in the green house. You'll see...

I can't truely capture the haunted hose in photos until long after its done. Maybe ONLY 40% of all the props that are going inside the Darkness are actually inside the Darkness. Get what I'm saying?

And Terror Visions will be off the hook, the best 3D haunted house you've ever seen...this is what we do for a living! It will be wild!

So with all of that being said there is about 50 tickets left for the 10pm behind the scenes tour.

Larry

brad
02-25-2009, 11:45 AM
Dammit guys. Ya'll are practically killing yourselves to get this done!

Even before the TW show, I appreciate all this hard work for us haunt owners!

I cant wait to finally see this thing in person.

Larry and Kip... GREAT WORK GUYS!!!!!!!!

drfrightner
02-27-2009, 10:47 PM
More photos! You haven't seen the giant before STANDING UP... he's massive he looks awesome in that cave. The Slayer you walk right underneath him it leaves you with a feeling of total realism you feel like he's real... you'll see I was blown away.

Larry

drfrightner
02-27-2009, 10:55 PM
And here is more from today.

Larry

damon carson
02-27-2009, 11:40 PM
Man this place is really looking unreal! That venus fly trap w/corpse inside is really cool. Who is that from Unit 70? Very nice!
Damon

drfrightner
02-27-2009, 11:41 PM
I walked through the Darkness today with most of the animations ON and WORKING it was pretty cool looking. Can't get those really cool photos of what it looks like under lighting conditions because we're stilly technically building and themeing and painting.

All I can tell you is this... IF YOU DO NOT GET LIGHTS ON TOUR you won't really see this the way you will want to see it. THERE IS ABOUT 30 tickets left for the lights on tour.

I can't stress enough YOU NEED TO SEE THE LIGHTS ON TOUR!!!!!!!!!!

Lastly in these photos you can see us testing a new rail system we are installing into this tunnel to make it unbreak or unbendable. You can also see the retail store is now all taped and mudded. Lastly the side of the building is almost all bricked up. With everything here incuding the new building, you'll be the first to see The Darkness 2009 and over or nearly 1 MILLION dollars of renovation and addition. The building is somewhere in the area of $650,000.00 so far and the new construction on the haunt is up and over $300,000.00. This is the biggest project we've ever tackled I think. We are mentally and phsically trained...me more mental! But I'm mental anyway but I can tell you I'm mentally drained. I'm worried about everything, I want everyone to be happy. I'm trying!

Larry

SomeThingInTheIce
02-28-2009, 05:31 PM
I'm with damon, the fly trap is just insane!

drfrightner
03-01-2009, 01:36 AM
Here are some pics of Terror Visions which is being themed right now. Also here is a picture of Patti getting a tour!!!

Larry

drfrightner
03-01-2009, 01:41 AM
There are 38 tickets left to the second behind the scenes tour. Go to www.TheDarkness.com (http://www.TheDarkness.com) now for tickets to either the late night behind the scenes tour or the Saturday night event with actors.

Lary

drfrightner
03-04-2009, 02:17 AM
You will see Terror Visions in 3D if you come to the tour of the Darkness... We have about 28 tickets left for the behind the scenes tour #2. Terror Visions is well on its way to being completed. You will love this thing I can tell you. As you know we also sell 3D haunted houses, and will be offering exact duplicates of this attraction for sale at the Transworld show. We don't sell many these days but all the same if you are interested in getting one talk to us at the show.

Terror Visions 3D will include some very unique sets, scenes, and lots of props. Most of the 3D haunts you see today is nothing but paintings, this one is actually built out sets. Not to the degree we'd like but we've just run out of time here.

Oh well...

Let us know what you think. Thanks Larry

drfrightner
03-04-2009, 02:28 AM
A few more photos. The big worm thing is from Scarefactory, we built the animation for it here and it will go underwater and then leap from the water and chew on a severed body. The animation is made to go under water. Kip sells these ionizers that will also go into the water to give it that fog look. It should be cool we'll see.

Right now we're tying up all the lose ends on the haunted house itself, and building one more scene. Everyone is leaving for a week next week that will really hurt. The big focus will be the museum once its based and we install the carpet. I hope everyone keeps in mind the museum won't even be CLOSE to done when you show up.

Go to www.thedarkness.com (http://www.thedarkness.com) to get your tickets for the tour. Hope to see everyone at the show... www.hauntshow.com (http://www.hauntshow.com)

Larry

ghost37
03-04-2009, 06:52 AM
Very cool! I bet the worm thing looks wicked in action...Like the 3D section alot. I wish I could paint like that!

damon carson
03-04-2009, 11:09 AM
Ya that giant worm is kickass isnt it! I hope it really shoot out of there fast that would be awesome! The green house is pretty damn sweet too. Wow this tour is gonna floor everyone. I hope your keeping a few things secret I wouldnt have given away that worm shooting up but thats just me. Terror visions is looking great too! I hope you brought back the special thing at the end like the old one. ;) Im really looking forward to see how you top the old T.V. H.H.
Damon

SomeThingInTheIce
03-04-2009, 01:12 PM
I can't wait to see the green house, killer plants, very cool. Larry, do your artist paint free hand or do they use a projector? Either way the work is awesome, I see on your site that you offer stock art al carte. Do you do custom custom art?

drfrightner
03-06-2009, 01:44 AM
31 Tickets for the second behind the scene tour are left. Just got back in town from Wisconsin. Here a couple more photos.

Things are moving slow around here everyone has been out of town...including me. The one side of the building is almost done and will be done next week. So this should be cleaned up for you guys. Its kinda funny all of a sudden uploading a bunch of blacklight stuff. What a 180... huh

Larry

Raycliff Manor
03-06-2009, 07:43 AM
Everything is looking SWEET Larry! I have a question for you, when we purchased out Lights on and Saturday Tour tickets, we weren't given the option to select a time. Ree, Lee and I plan to come at 7:00 pm on Thursday and 10:00 pm on Saturday. Do we need to do anything special or just show up? The rest of the Raycliff Manor Fright Team members purchaed their tickets after you had changed the options to indicate the time of attendance. Thanks!

Kel

drfrightner
03-06-2009, 03:59 PM
By next Wed I think Terror Visions art will be done. I will get more pics of it in the coming days. I think a lot of little things will fall through the cracks like sound won't be perfect lighting inside the Darkness won't be great. No time. We'll try.

Next week will be mostly working on the Museum. Carpet install, painting, and setting up the displays. Kip is working on installing animations.

We'll see what happens.

There is only 14 ticket left for the Behind the Scenes Tour #2. I guess if it sells out we might add yet another one from 11pm until Midnight I don't know. This the main thing people want. If it was me I wouldn't tour the attration any other way...this is the way to see it. There is just way to much detail so get your tickets while they last.

Get them quick.

KEL, you have a behind the scenes dinner event, your tickets on Saturday are from 9pm until 10pm. I have to double check that but we blocked out the whole hour.

Larry

drfrightner
03-09-2009, 12:01 AM
Here comes some more photos folks. I just got back from the Darkness about 2 hours ago...yeah I know really late (midnight).

Anyway I now know for sure the museum will not be done not even close. So more or less don't expect to see one. There will be things scattered around inside this room but it won't be like it will in September. The retail store we're not even working on even a little so I know that won't be done.

If the show comes back to St. Louis I can assure you several things... one the museum will be done. LOL. The retail store will be done. LOL

And this 3D haunt we're building will have more going on inside of it more than just props and paint.

What we've done here borders on impossible, we have built a 16,000 square foot building, all the fire code stuff, a new haunted house, museum, and renovated the haunted house all inside of 4 1/2 months.

We won't meet all the deadlines but it will still be pretty amazing.

Larry

drfrightner
03-09-2009, 12:09 AM
More photos. Its coming together very slowly. We really need another month to finish this attraction but unless someone can tell me how to move the show back a few weeks we'll just have to go with it as is.

I will say yet again... we're coming down to the wire here just trying to finish the attraction I can't promise the actors will be up to speed ... no time to for training.

This was a total and complete OVERHAUL of the attraction... bit off way more than we can chew.

Anyway I will tell you this...if you don't grab behind the scenes tour tickets you will kick yourself later. This attraction must be viewed in a behind the scenes setting to take from it what you want.

There is only like 12 tickets left for the second behind the scenes tour.

See you soon huh? I'm actually starting to freak out here... LOL

Larry

drfrightner
03-15-2009, 01:02 AM
I was at The Darkness tonight with my son Riley making lists of things that aren't right or need to get done. I'm super stressed I can tell you that... this just isn't going to get done.

People installed the TV's in the wrong place, the last scenes isn't even close to being done, Terror Visions is a wreck, the museum has nothing in it, I never thought we'd ever miss a deadline but looks like we will this time. Sorry.

It will still be really cool just couldn't get this done. We are taking the whole crew to Utah next week which is the EXACT reason why it won't get done.

Anyway it will still be very very cool but because we have to keep working on the haunt we have no time to work on getting actors, or nothing.

Either way you will love the haunted house, but it just won't be done the way I want it to be done, and our staff will just be thrown into the fire.

Many of you might not know this but I am my own worst critic not my own best pat myself on the back... I beat myself up everyday.

Larry

Haunting Copy
03-15-2009, 03:08 AM
Please please please don't sweat it. *No one* is going to be upset or disappointed - only curious! Whatever people see at your wonderful place, whether it's complete or not, will give them *plenty* to think about.

Please let yourself relax about it. After all, YOU should get to have a good time, too. It's *not* all about work. I mean, who wants to meet a Larry-the-Grouch? ;)

Take care, :)
Sarah

BTW, based on the pics I've seen, you could stop working on everything RIGHT NOW and it would still look astounding. Now go drink a beer and watch a scary movie.

FrightProps
03-15-2009, 07:45 AM
This looks amazing!
Kudos to you and your crew.

Can't wait to see it all in person!

drfrightner
03-15-2009, 11:59 AM
We have no choice. Its a mini golf that was purchased months ago and now we have to install it... trust me we tried to get him to put it off until after Transworld and he wouldn't.

So basically that just killed any chance of us getting this thing done. Even if we didn't go to Utah we still wouldn't have got it done anyway so now its just worse. You will see it though at about 85%. We just won't make the last 15% unfortunatly.

Think about this also we still don't have the magazine done. Yeah I know the roof is falling in over here. LOL

Here are some more pictures.

Larry

drfrightner
03-15-2009, 02:29 PM
Tater,

That isn't going to happen I can assure you. LOL

I don't think you understand what we've attempted here, its overwhelming way to much... we built a building, we build a new haunted house, we built a museum, we renovated an already awsome haunted house and during the last four months we installed FOUR blacklight mini golf attractions, and well built those attractions on top of that.

It was too much...

As for Utah, there is nothing I can do but go. Everyone is going but two people so we will have some people staying behind but it won't be enough. We need another month to finish this thing and we'll have like 7 days. But NO ONE IN THEIR RIGHT MINDS will say what you said... NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN!

85% of The Darkness the new Darkness... WOW is the only thing that comes to mind. I simply want people to know Im a perfectionist and this will not be done per my personal standards I've set for msyelf. Not many will notice the stuff that isn't done but I will know, I will KNOW and that is what pains me, that is what eats me alive!

As for a missing ticket you would need to contact the ticketing company they can help you not I.

See ya there.

Larry

PS: If the show does come back to St. Louis I will do another tour of some kind, cheaper, and we'll try and get it to 86% next year. LOL

brad
03-15-2009, 04:35 PM
Larry, dont beat yourself up too much over this. Yeah, it will only be 855 done, but I bet that 85% will blow my mind. And many others too!

I will all be ok.

Boni
03-15-2009, 09:30 PM
Larry, even though I can't make it to St. Louis, as a new haunt owner, I actually would like to tour the 15% as well to see how you are building the walls, the props, running the electric, your blue prints of what it should look like.

Going through the construction area could be very beneficial to others as well.

What might seem like no-brainer stuff to you, might be an AHA moment for me. "So that is how you do your walls, never thought of that" type of a moment.

drfrightner
03-16-2009, 12:35 AM
Boni,

There will not be any construction zones so to speak. We will finish everything we can finsih and clean up everything. The area we will hold the party will be converted into our new shop the day after the show is over. So this is a one time party more or less, unless next year I was to move the shop out for an event.

Noah,

First and foremost this is a non-debate zone. I have been answering peoples questions and then erasing them so people can find the photos of our progress. Listen my friend, start back on page one and then go through to this last page. We couldn't do anymore, I don't care if its 50% done you won't know the difference only I will. I'm beat up over the fact that I can't finish what I wanted to finish, but you won't know the difference. IF the show comes back next year you'll see the difference but as for this year you won't know anything. What you will know is this... you just saw one of the best haunted houses you ever laid your eyeballs on...that is what you will know.

Did we do everything we wanted to do? No. Did we do everything that is planned? NO. Do I have time to get everything organized the way I hoped? No. Will you know the difference? No.

Noah, don't worry your pretty little head, there is about 1 million dollars spent here when you include the building, and the whole thing has something inside, the main haunt was renovated beyond belief, terror visions is up and museum will be there, just not the way it will be in October. But for your gazing eyes there will be so much to look at that you won't even remember 1/5th of what you see.

We have basically attempted the near impossible and meeting Larry's expectations we didn't get there... will the haunt still be one of the best haunts you have ever seen? YYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSS!!!

Does that I mean I'm not a bit depressed about what we can't finish? YYYYYYYEEEEEESSSSSSSS!!!!!

Larry

drfrightner
03-17-2009, 03:09 AM
More photos and more updates...

Added a THIRD behind the scenes tour... yes a third one. Still $100.00 but this one runs from 11pm until Midnight.

The first behind the scenes tour is SOLD OUT! The second one is SOLD OUT and thats after we raised it up to 125 tickets.

So far we have 475 people coming to the behind the scenes tour on Thursday. That is more than double the amount of people who attended the Vegas show this past week. LOL

Last chance... this tour is limited and this is it.

Here are more photos. You might say to yourself 'wait we've seen some of these before'... no you haven't you didn't see the facade with the waterfall running, and you didn't see this other facade with cobwebs and those flicker candles going. Look cool huh. The museum is going to be what it is... its going to be an ongong work in progress.

Larry

drfrightner
03-17-2009, 03:24 AM
Here are more photos... this time of Terror Visions. I heard about some people in the chat where crying about my comments about our haunt only being done 85% and they won't be buying tickets... my onlycomment is LAUGH OUT LOUD and whatever!

Let me explain... we have to go and install an attraction for a client who paid us a lot of money to build it. Yes that is going to hurt BIG TIME, but it wouldn't have mattered we weren't going to get done anyway. We set out to do the impossible considering we installed along the way 4 MAJOR attractions including that Wild Abyss attraction I showed you guys the photos on.

We had FOUR months to complete building a new building, building a new haunted house, a horror museum, retail store, renovate a haunted house, install attactions for other people, produce two hauntworld magazines, renovated hauntworld.com and go to a tradeshow, and well a zillion other things.

We did not renovate Hauntworld.com in time. We will though soon after the show. We did produce a magazine and the second one is almost finished. We did install four major attractions. And we did renovate the Darkness BEYOND belief.

We also built this little 16,000 square foot building along the way but heck that was a piece of cake! LOL

HERE IS THE BOTTOM LINE... what you are about to see, the haunt you will see in person is POINT BLANK AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No we are not going to get done everything I wanted but its already so far over the top you won't believe your eyeballs.

Just be ready to see something amazing... we will be working all weekend, and all the way up until the bell on Thursday, and Friday and Saturday, and yes even after the show is over. But don't we all.

We did our best, and hopefully we won't disappoint you! I wish we had more time, I wish we had more time to show the actors the new Darkness but we don't but we'll do our best. If our best isn't good enough for you then I want the first ticket to your haunt this October...that's a haunt I need to see!!!! LOL

Larry

drfrightner
03-17-2009, 01:31 PM
Here are a few more pics. I'll be back at the attraction on Wed. and I will grab a few more. We are still building the last scene in the haunt but its not far enough along to take pictures of it. On Wed it should be and we'll grab some photos.

To get your tickets go to www.thedarkness.com (http://www.thedarkness.com) and or come to the haunt show itself www.hauntshow.com (http://www.hauntshow.com)

Larry

drfrightner
03-19-2009, 02:44 AM
Here are some more photos for your viewing pleasure. Last chance to get a behind the scenes tour ticket. Once Thursday rolls around you can't get one ... so go to www.TheDarkness.com (http://www.TheDarkness.com)

Get your tickets while you still can... the attraction must be seen LIGHTS ON if you really want to appreciate the detail inside. This is the only way to view it taking your time and walking through.

Just got home (3:43am) believe it or not me and my little 9 year old worked on the museum by ourselves until a little after 3am. He' like me hates to go to bed... if you are wondering he's off school! LOL

Actually we worked on Terror Visions for about 2 hours the the museum for about 3 hours.

Larry

drfrightner
03-24-2009, 12:54 AM
LAST CHANCE...

Get your behind the scenes tour ticket TODAY! On Thursday they will no longer be for sale. GET THEM NOW!

www.thedarkness.com (http://www.thedarkness.com)

I think I can now fairly state what is going to happen... everything will pretty much look done except the store we did nothing there. There are all sorts of little things we want to fix but won't have time. We have rope for que lines we just have no time to do better, we have some wires that are not hidden, extention cords exposed, blah, blah. We have some monsters that get digital sound and they won't, a couple animations might not get hooked up, our big MOBY we bought from Scareparts won't be in action because we're still waiting for some parts from Keith, just all little stuff. Our small mobi we got from keith will be working Keith got us the control system by mail a few days ago so that one is working.

Terror Visions its cool but not wanted I wanted, it was rushed. We will probably re-paint a quarter of it before the season. We had to install four mini golf attractions, our painters had to go out of town and they are all still gone as we speak. We only had so much time. I think you will like it.

The lighting will NOT be done until tonight so it won't be world class, the sound is not perfect at all... just no time left.

I think we did our best but we'll let you be the judge.

We have however been working on the museum the past few days. Here are a few more photos.

See you here!

Larry

drfrightner
03-24-2009, 01:04 AM
We did add this really cool Terror Visions sign to the entrance of Terror Visions. What do you think?

Lastly on top of the following:

1) Built a building
2) Built a new haunted house (Terror Visions)
3) Built a monster museum
4) Built that awesome facade for the Darkness
5) Re-built the Darkness haunted house itself
6) Torn apart everything (that was part of doing this)
7) Went to TWO tradeshows (Fun Expo and IAAPA)

... Not to mention installed FOUR attractions in FOUR different cities over the last four months (again this should have been a reality show because over the last four months we've been going 110 miles per hour)

WE DID manage to do one other thing...

We did our hearse and yes JUST FOR THIS SHOW! We have been talking about it forever but we did it just for this event. We are picking it up today and once I see it I will post some photos. We will have it on display in front of the Darkness.

What did we do you ask? Well... we put fancy low riding rims on it, spiderweb steering wheel, all sorts of skull stuff, body work, blacklights under the car, super awesome stereo, PA system, and had it wrapped.

First time we've ever done a hearse in this fashion so we'll see how it turns out. I can't wait.

Larry

drfrightner
04-30-2009, 12:52 AM
As promised I would update everyone on the Darkness as we try and finish this attraction. As stated way back when the building wasn't finished, our retail store wasn't finished, ummm lots of stuff wasn't finished.

Well the brick on the building was finally finished yesterday. As you can see in these photos. The concrete guys are putting in the sidewalks later this week. We also finally finished our staircase to exit the new building but it still needs fire doors.

We did move our shop into the new building as seen in these photos...

We also finished our new actors room which I'll add photos of that in a new thread. Once we finish our retail store I will upload photos. But The Darkness is still not done but we're working on it.. I did add one photo of the new actors room. This was built from scratch but didn't start it until after the show. Anyway should peck away at stuff over the next few weeks.

Raycliff Manor
04-30-2009, 08:35 AM
Congratulations on your achievements Larry! It's really amazing what you and your team have been able to accomplish! I'm looking forward to seeing the pimped out hearse! Next time you're in or near the area, let me know! I'd love to give you a tour of Raycliff Manor.

Kel

drfrightner
06-10-2009, 03:49 AM
Thanks Kel.

Additionally... as stated MANY TIMES we never really finished the place much less the building. The building is NOW officially COMPLETED!!!!

YEAH!

There was many things that never where completed at the show such as panic doors, gutters, all the brick work on the back side of the building, painting the outside doors, installation of two windows, ummm well the list goes on and on.

But NOW FINALLY as of TODAY the building is FINALLY FINISHED!

We put in the black top for parking spaces and now when you step off those concrete decks from the doors you don't fall a foot down...

The building is done! Our workshop is installed, everything is finished.

Now we must simply work on putting the gift store together, changing a few things inside the haunt itself and we'll be ready for 2009 season.

Here is a photo of the outside of the Darkness completed! We are going to Wisconsin next week to install a haunted house and a mirror maze. When we get that done we'll be working on Creepyworld DAILY!

Larry

damon carson
06-10-2009, 12:20 PM
Looks nice Larry. Is this the South side of your building? Is this for your employee and personal parking? Please show us updates of Creepy World and your gift shops. Its always fun and interesting to see your alls work and progress.
Damon

drfrightner
02-23-2011, 12:50 AM
Here is the first thread... take a look through it. Its been well documented now exactly how much work we put into this attraction for THREE straight Transworld shows, an attempt to make your transworld show an inspiring one ... WoW we are TIRED!

www.TheDarkness.com

Larry