PDA

View Full Version : Trade Shows - Advice

Waken
12-12-2008, 08:14 AM
We are gearing up for Transworld...Anyone have any advice for the newbies?

How many people should we expect. What everone like to see...etc..

I think this information would be useful for anyone exibiting at the tradeshows.

Thanks

Allen H
12-12-2008, 09:49 AM
Without knowing what you sell I cant help out to much, but I can tell you dont be frustrated if you dont place any orders on the first day. That is common as folks like to see everything then go back and place orders on day two or three.
It is hard to overstaff your booth have people who know how to speak and who really know your product. Very few are willing to come back if the guys who knows about this or that is out to lunch. Stay at the convention hotel, I kow there are better deals out there, but stay at the hotel, trust me. Socialize!!! as many deals are made in the hotel lobby bar and on the haunt tour bus. Dont get sloppy drunk and do everything you can to not get sick the week of the show, you will meet lots of people shake lots of hands and get lots of germs. Take vitamin C and use hand sanitizer every now and then.
knowing how many people you will see is very hard to even guess right now. There are so many shows and with the move attendance may be down. Larry is doing great work to pump the show and I hope it lives up to his hype. I also want it to land back in Chicago next year and stabilize.

Grimley
12-12-2008, 11:45 AM
I have to agree with Allen. We do all the walking and talking the first day and purchases on the last day.

drfrightner
12-13-2008, 08:54 PM
You should offer more about yourself... tell us what are you expecting, what is your background, start up, home haunt, big haunt, what?

I think good deals can be had if you order at the show so I encourage you to bring a checkbook. Larry

Jim Warfield
12-13-2008, 09:23 PM
..but Grandma's checkbook might work better. So don't forget your Granny glasses.

Waken
12-15-2008, 06:30 AM
Sorry, got so excited I forgot to introduce myself. Waken is an animatronics company, specializing in smaller animatronics. We are brand new to the haunt industry. Waken spawned from a machine design company in Michigan. We have over 30 years experience in designing machines that do everything from transfering test tubes to installing automobile seats. We love everything halloween and seemed a natural transition to put our talents into animatronics. This has been my personal passsion since I was 8 and first rode the Haunted Mansion and watched the Hall of Presidents at Disney World. This is in a word Fun, (even the hustle and bustle dealing with machine shops and vendors). I am very lucky to do what I love.

I invite everyone from the forums to come see us.

Booth #823 @ TransWorld.