PDA

View Full Version : Darkness Tour Party... How about it???

drfrightner
12-17-2008, 12:45 PM
Last night I was talking to Ben Armstrong and he said to me... too bad you can't have a reception party after the Darkness tour and I said 'sure I can'.

So what do you think I could in fact hold a reception party at The Darkness right after you go through the attraction with the following:

1) Beer
2) Chips/Snacks

No chairs nothing like that just one big giant open room where everyone can hang out and chat.

This would be sponsored by HHA.

I have 7000 square feet of wide open space right now the space isn't finished but it would be by the show.

Here is a photo of what the space looks like now. So if you want me to throw a little party I can on Saturday night as part of the Darkness tour. What do you think??? I'd be happy to do it!

I guess if we wanted to we could also hold an HHA auction if vendors donated items... I'd need someone to head that up for me though. Maybe I could find someone to do it.

Larry

drfrightner
12-17-2008, 12:49 PM
Actually this space has a giant roll up door that I could so people can very easy get in and get out. Here is another picture of that...again this building isn't done YET! But it will be. I've included another picture showing some more progress on the bricks. Its coming along. They are putting in the sprinkler next week, and the electric I think gets started next week as well. The building would be wide open on the first floor. I think it would be great if we could get this done with a vendor auction to support HHA.

Larry

Nightgore
12-17-2008, 01:14 PM
Larry, how about that space for the HW.com meet-up? We've been looking for a space big enough for close to 50+ people! Whatcha think? -Tyler

Greg Chrise
12-17-2008, 03:04 PM
No tables and chairs and the roll up door wide open to get in and out easily? So they can get to you for hypothermia treatment directly as it is going to still be winter time. Everyone stand against the walls. There are gonna be some great photos to check out from this gathering. Once you stop visibly shivering, you will be asked to leave.

drfrightner
12-17-2008, 04:19 PM
No people can hang out, drink, chat, and eat something. Secondly in March its is NOT cold here... just fyi! Secondly this isn't March its basically April consider its at the very end of March.

I think we are going to go ahead and do this... we'll have a Party at the Darkness, and auction for HHA.

Larry

jason
12-17-2008, 04:53 PM
Will Unit 70 have a booth at Transworld? If not, maybe you can showcase their pieces at your after party.

RJ Productions
12-17-2008, 05:52 PM
Hey any excuse to party!!! Count me in!

Speculo
12-17-2008, 06:10 PM
Put John Ives in charge, he could plan the buffet! Maybe Kip can make the punch! That is a perfect space for a party!

Thanks!

Bill Schnell
12-17-2008, 07:13 PM
I know our crew would be down for a party

Motograter
12-17-2008, 08:11 PM
I think it's a good idea Larry..I'm up for a party. So you say the weather there in late March is good eh?? I was wondering if it could snow or be freezing cold.

stafford
12-17-2008, 08:17 PM
Always up for a good party!

Chris

Nightgore
12-17-2008, 08:43 PM
Uh... HAUNTWORLD MEET-UP?? Anybody? -Tyler

Speculo
12-17-2008, 09:39 PM
It is the perfect place for it!

N2SPOOKINU
12-17-2008, 10:29 PM
Sounds like a great idea to complete the package Larry. Count us in!

drfrightner
12-18-2008, 12:07 AM
Here is what we can do here...

the event is TIMED TICKETING... so you can show up early and hang out at the party until your time to get in line. Once out of the haunt you can rejoin the party.

I will supply some sort of food, and I will supply drinks and some music.

I will make sure its a cool event.

So that will be the plan folks... party room before and after. I hope we can arrange an auction to raise money for HHA.

Larry

Haunted Illinois
12-18-2008, 04:42 AM
I think it's a good idea Larry..I'm up for a party. So you say the weather there in late March is good eh?? I was wondering if it could snow or be freezing cold.

I don't think we'll have to brave the bitter cold and snow. According to MSN weather, the average temps for St. Louis, for March 27-29, are between 40 and 60 degrees.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y299/HauntedIllinois/stlouistemps3.png (http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y299/HauntedIllinois/stlouistemps2.png)

damon carson
12-18-2008, 09:14 AM
Ya the weather here in Missouri by that time is beautiful. It will probably be warm enough to keep that door open possibly.? This isnt Chicago. Hell even Chicago probably isnt that bad in late March. Heck I remember Transworld 3 yrs ago there was like 70's. It was beautiful. Party sounds like a cool idea, auction as well.

Damon

Speculo
12-18-2008, 09:48 AM
I suppose you could have a silent auction...

Have stuff set about the room with places to make bids on it. That way if winners were in the attraction or in line they could still win. You could announce the winners once you closed the haunt.

Larry it would be a great way to clean out your storerooms! And get that cool stuff out of the dumpster - we want to bid on it!

Maybe we can bring a few custom pulls from our molds, and put em up for auction...

Thanks!

Ben
NETHERWORLD

Nightgore
12-18-2008, 09:56 AM
Pulls from Netherworld... we're there! hahahaha... this sounds like a good idea! -Tyler

Jim Warfield
12-18-2008, 03:10 PM
Then you will lose all the fumes building up from the portable kerosene heaters!
Who needs beer when you have those loose carbon molecules attaching themselves to the brain cells perminently?
"WHooo! I'm dizzy NOW!"
But since it's a party , will the girl who bursts up out of the cake have her own kerosene heater inside the cake too?
She might exit the cake sideways or something so stand back, giver her plenty of room!"

drfrightner
12-18-2008, 04:03 PM
Adam,

I coach a baseball team and we would have already played in a few tournaments by Transworld. By the end of March it is very nice around here usually around 70 degrees. But as you know it can get cold even into March but not usually. I predict it will be warm but we'll see.

Yes I could get some stuff to bid on...but we need VENDORS to donate items for the auction as well. We need to raise money for HHA.

FYI... I called Transworld today... I informed them I will be doing this reception for HHA. So people can wait at the reception for their call times to enter the haunted house. I will provide some sort of food and drinks for everyone. I will have to contact my sponsor PEPSI and see what we can come up with there.

But I WILL DO THIS... Thank Ben for the idea!

Thank Ben!!!

Larry

Tater
12-18-2008, 10:10 PM
Larry

get in touch with me...either on here or on my cell check your PM's if you need my number..got an idea for an item

Raycliff Manor
12-19-2008, 07:03 PM
Party... did someone say party... haunt party? I'm so there! :grin:

Kel

So when do the Darkness Tour tickets go on sale?

drfrightner
12-23-2008, 02:20 AM
Darkness tickets will go on sale in January. Here is an updated photo...Still nothing major accomplished but I can tell you by the first part of January lots of things will be done and looking good! Also included a drawing of a room we plan to build upstairs.

Larry

Banshee
12-23-2008, 11:12 AM
How funny.. I just made my room reservation last night and while I was on the event site, I was checking to see if there would be some sort of reception..Always a great idea, since everyone's so busy at the convention..nice to be able to have some down-time to socialize.
Maybe HHA could rent a few chairs for us old farts... or let us know to BYOC...
(Or just throw some old foam bodies down for beanbags :)

Nice set design!

damon carson
12-23-2008, 01:16 PM
Starting to look pretty cool Larry. Is the first pic the attrium? Or green house? And is the drawing of your attic? Is so that really looks creepy.
Damon