PDA

View Full Version : Rob Zombie Halloween 2... did you hear?

drfrightner
12-18-2008, 10:33 PM
Rob Zombie the guy who vowed to be one and done on Halloween has stepped back in the director chair and he's getting ready to start filming Halloween 2 with our main man Wayne Toth. They are shooting in March and the movie will be out in theatres in October I guess. So that is on the slate for this October.

I really liked the first one so I'm looking forward to another one. I think this kind of movie only helps haunts gets people in the mood!

Go get them Wayne!

Larry

Tater
12-18-2008, 10:50 PM
The other Rumor thats floating around is that The famous White Mask WONT be used in this movie....Lets hope its not another Season of the Witch

RoguesHollow
12-18-2008, 11:25 PM
I wouldn't say I hated the first one as much as the horror critics but then again I never saw the theatrical version which had more of the "white trash" scenes that Zombie seems so fond of. I think Zombie is a competent and promising director but when he writes his own stuff he always includes the hillbilly white trash characters to it and for me that just ruins it. If his Halloween had featured more of the night Myers came home and a lot less of his trailer trash family then I think It could have been a great film but instead its just a mediocre film. I really hope he gets it right for the sequel.

maliciousstudios
12-18-2008, 11:34 PM
A Nightmare on Elm Street (2010)

A re-imagining of the horror icon Freddy Krueger, Billy Bob Thornton as - Freddy (rumored)

maliciousstudios
12-18-2008, 11:42 PM
Smell that? It’s the decay of original ideas.

Like zombies rising from the dank, maggot-fertile earth, a horde of hungry horror film remakes is now shambling awkwardly toward your local multiplex. Rob Zombie slayed $58 million worth of audiences with his resurrected “Halloween” last fall, and a slew of horror movie redos have risen up and are butchering their way through development.

“Prom Night,” is one the latest remakes to stir from its slumber. But right now theaters are gearing up for an updated version of “Friday the 13th,” “The Last House on the Left,” “The Birds,” “Near Dark,” “Hellraiser,” “Piranha,” “My Bloody Valentine” (in 3-D!), “A Nightmare on Elm Street,” “The Crazies” and
( MY FAVORITE )“Attack of the Killer Tomatoes!”

“The executive mind-set of most studios is that they feel much more comfortable with pre-defined material,” says Joe Cardone, who penned “Prom Night” as well as scripts for upcoming remakes of “The Stepfather” and “See No Evil.” “Our approach is that we try to find some really interesting hook that I can play with that’s relatively fresh within the confines of the cliché.“

These remakes have preexisting brand recognition, relatively low budgets and a reliable youthful audience for the studio to bank on. And even if the work is less than gratifying, the writer-filmmaker benefits from the greater likelihood that these lower-risk scripts will be greenlighted as well as from the income provided by an ever-regenerating genre. (And look at “The Ruins,” an original premise that opened to disappointing box office.)

The reheated nature of the material can appeal to the audience as well, according to Stanford University communication professor Clifford Ness. “What we really want when we go to a horror movie is a visceral, emotional experience,” says Ness. “And the more you have to think, and figure out what the plot is, the less you can just feel the emotion. So the idea is that when you have a familiar scenario, then you don’t have to think so hard and you can just feel the terror.”

Terror was certainly the feeling jackknifing through my ribcage when Michael Bay announced his unholy remake of “Rosemary’s Baby,” which, if there is a God, should finally and definitively lock in his eternal damnation.

All I can say is: Hollywood seemingly goes through the horror section of a video store to find films they can exploit for a quick profit.

drfrightner
12-19-2008, 12:07 AM
Prom Night was the WORST and I mean WORST horror remake in history of film. Please never mention that film again on this forum ... LOL

Chris, its funny you mention the 'White Trash' scenes, because I told Wayne I hated those myself. They add nothing to the film and in my opinion detract from the film. Remove the white trash scenes and add more character development.

Zombies remake I thought was pretty good if you like the killer... it was NOT as good as the original but better than all of those other spinoffs they kept making.

I liked the remake but like Chris did NOT like the white trash stuff.

Larry

MDKing
12-19-2008, 07:38 AM
I'd be surprised if Zombie did not include the white trash stuff, that's all he seems focused on and it is "played out". I agree the Myers character, as an adult with the white mask was cool, the rest sucked especially the little boy stuff. These slasher movies are about mindless killings, that's all we should expect from them let's leave it at that.

Wow they are remaking Nightmare on Elmstreet and Rosemary's Baby? I hope they don't do the Exorcist.....

Allan

Motograter
12-19-2008, 08:42 AM
Yes I can't wait, I'm a big fan of Rob Zombies music and all his movies. I'll be looking forward to H2

brad
12-19-2008, 09:39 AM
Yes I can't wait, I'm a big fan of Rob Zombies music and all his movies. I'll be looking forward to H2

Same here!

DarkTikiEntertainment
12-19-2008, 10:18 AM
I don't care what he does to the sequel, as long as he puts Danielle Harris in it! :cool:

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t164/stripesandplaid/dharris.jpg

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s154/Synyster-dave77/LEFTFORDEADDANIELLENEWS2.jpg

Slain
12-19-2008, 10:25 AM
Tyler Mayne was a guest at Atrox on one of our horror celebrity weekends 2007. Before he left he had told our crew that the remake was going to happen and he signed on as Micheal for the sequel...
You can never out do an original though.....

Rob Zombie the guy who vowed to be one and done on Halloween has stepped back in the director chair and he's getting ready to start filming Halloween 2 with our main man Wayne Toth. They are shooting in March and the movie will be out in theatres in October I guess. So that is on the slate for this October.

I really liked the first one so I'm looking forward to another one. I think this kind of movie only helps haunts gets people in the mood!

Go get them Wayne!

Larry

damon carson
12-19-2008, 02:15 PM
If Rob keeps out the White Trash he always has in his movies. Totatlly make the sequel different than the 2nd Halloween original. And makes it more of slick movie like the original Halloween he will be alright. Leaving out the shapes mask would be a major mistake. If he does I will just wait for video.
Damon

maliciousstudios
12-19-2008, 02:26 PM
I personally love white trash.... it adds spice to a ever boring world, and besides where do you think all them serial killers come from ?? Beverly Hills ?? Nope... them serial killers in real life come from the "other side of town" - most of em' Art imitates life so who really wants to see Paris Hilton casted as a serial killer ?? And we have all seen those horror movies that werent to believable havrnt we....lol.... yeah keep the character mock up Ill take real dirty horror with a side of white trash....lol I love meat n potatoes - hold the greens please...lol

Darkangel
12-19-2008, 04:47 PM
Hey maliciousstudios if you want to see some other movies that run to death the white trash redneck theme other than Zombie's Halloween movie, check out House of 100 Corpses and The Devil's Rejects those movies also have the exact same theme. Wait I forgot, that's because that's all Zombie can do since he's a one trick pony obviously. You want to see white trash you can see it for free why pay for it. Ted Bundy was hardly white trash and it's because of his cleaner cut image that made him so feared.....If he does another movie with the same people, including his wife enough already, and same theme, you can kiss his movie career goodbye.

Darkangel

maliciousstudios
12-19-2008, 10:28 PM
Ive seen both 1000Corpses and Devils Rejects...( YOU LEFT ONE OUT EXCERSISTO )
Congrats on being scared of Ted Bundy... ( I know I wasnt ) white collar crime doesnt frighten me ( lol seriously ) I grew up on the other side of town, the side some of you didnt want to visit at night. The likes of Charles Manson and the Manson Family, Rimerez, Gasey, Gerad Parker, Son Of Sam,Emund Kemper, Ed Gein, Ian Brady, Henry Lee Lucas, Ottis Toole, Patrick Mackay, Aileen Wuornos, were all "WHITE COLLAR KILLERS HUH ? " Every horror movie out there has been based upon these killers.... We all hate to love them BUT WE DO... did they come from white trash ?? yep.... bad lives, bad environments.... they grew to become what we fear. In reality I hate serial killers, but they do feed what I love in fiction. I get carried away, I hope noone thinks Im too serious about this.... but I do say that my "opinion" is that The man is good at what he does... hes good as a muisician and he is good as a director ( afterall hes directed every single video he has ever had and wrote every single song he has had ) He has a style so do many other talents in the industry.... his talent is dirty horror.... hes not Hollywood. HES REAL... I dont know about you but I would gladly take the realness of someones movies i.e. Rob Zombie over Hollywoods glamorized regurgitated slimeball movies... but maybe if we add a few clean scenes with some explosions it might be fun for the whole family ??

Darkangel
12-20-2008, 08:53 AM
Didn't Hannibal Lecter's character generate enough "real like" fear for like three movies so far? Yeah he was based on some low life people of course but it was Anthony Hopkins style and intelligence that made people fear him because he was who you'd least expect to be a cannabal serial killer. I didn't say I was afraid of Bundy, I'm not afraid of white trash rednecks either. Lector was far from white trash, and he was scary enough to sell tons of masks, inspire 90% of haunts to do a room with a Lector-Like character at one time, etc. etc...

I like his music, liked White Zombie as well, but not everything he does is great and even his monsters they made a mask line from were CORNY looking and that's putting it nicely in fact they looked childish and lame.

Halloween movies got on fine without implementing white trash, foul mouthed losers. He did his usual theme in the first movie let's see if he's as great you say he is and see if he can switch things up a bit!

Also, based on your enthusiasm for serial killers, I just wanted to make sure we're all friends here sill right? Right? :-D j/k

Darkangel

maliciousstudios
12-20-2008, 10:09 AM
LMFAO.... yeah -- we're all friends here....LMFAO..... no really where do you live?? LMFAO....No Seriously......No......SERIOUSLY,

yeah see I think everyone needs to look at Rob for who he is....he is a artist, its his style... Kind of like quentin tarantino - Quentin has his style too... you can tell what movies hes made just by watching one. See, I ( myself ) loved Rob for his artwork first. He was an artist that had a style like RAT FINK. You can find some of his work on albumn covers and also on a couple special flicks like " Beavis And Butthead Do America " you can also find his work on "Excersisto" Once you understand who he is as an artist you will understand his style a bit more.

His masks were cartoon like - on purpose - Rob Zombie is what they call "OLD SCHOOL" he has a style that has been lost and retired - replaced by todays Hollywood Glam. This is why allot of people love him as a director... he brings a breath of fresh air to the industry. I myself am tired of the Hollywood glam...lol.... But I AM a big fan of "Decent" Independents.... hell Independents have brought you allot of Kick-ass horror lately. SAW for one was independent. ( Believe it or not )

As far as conforming.... I hope he NEVER conforms.... conforming is DEATH to an artist. I hope he keeps bringing his vision to us the way he wants to - WITH THE PERMISSION FROM HOLLYWOOD OF COURSE - lol... Hollywood gets in the way..lol

I think of atleast 2 good friends of mine while Im writing about conforming...
AAron Bordner for one- Comic Book Artist - he is my age, has NEVER conformed and he RAWKS... If you were to visit his house it is if your walking into a museum... or possibly like Rob Zombies house. He is an AWESOME artist and he himself is a sight to see. Aaron rawks just being Aaron. He walks to his own beat and has this coolness about him. He bleeds ( NOT LITTERALLY ) on paper when he draws and paints... his personallity just pours out oif his veins onto the paper or canvas. To ask him to get a job at a local factory or ask him to change his style would be death.

stafford
12-20-2008, 10:22 AM
I find it interesting that a lot of people seem to anticipate these "remakes/reimaginings" and want to compare them to the original. As much as I may agree that most can't hold a candle to the originals they were based on, I always watch them trying to just analyze them as their own movie, with very low expectations, thinking as little as possible about the originals.

This is just my opinion, but there are a few things these remakes are always better than the originals on.

They are always shot better, better cameras, better film, better lighting etc. As an example the Texas Chainsaw remake I thought was visually stunning. They have better sound fx, and typically better scores. They have better special effects, much more realism. Much of this goes without saying, as technology has improved, but just pointing it out as a positive.

On an interesting side note, Daniel Pearl who was the DP on the original Texas Chainsaw was also the DP on the remake, so it was very interesting to see the way he shot it with better equipment, technology, and of course a bigger budget. Like I said, I thought this movie was visually stunning, and now I can get excited to see the Friday the 13th remake, as he will be the DP on this film.

As far as Halloween, it just goes to show, everything has a price. But put yourself in Zombie's shoes, Halloween was something he wanted to do, he says he didn't want to do a sequel, however, it was going to get made, with or without him. So eventually the studio throws enough money at him, and he knows if he doesn't do it, someone else will, so why not? I've enjoyed his films, House of 1000 Corpses and Devil's Rejects (especially) really got under my skin. I enjoyed the new Halloween as well, the hillbilly trailer trash characters I guess are his calling card, I don't expect them to go away.

As to the disdain for Hollywood resurrecting things that are better left alone, or rehashing the same story again and again. Think about how it relates to a haunted house. Every year there are some rooms/areas that you know you have to have, clowns, chainsaws, etc. As lame as you feel it may be to continue rehashing that, and as much effort as you put into an area that you feel people are going to love, you stand outside and listen to people talk about the damn clowns or chainsaw guy. So each year we go back to that same well, because we know people want it, and try to add a different twist on how it's done, how is this any different than what Hollywood does?

Chris

Bill Schnell
12-20-2008, 03:03 PM
Not to brag (hehe), but if you are a Rob Zombie fan, check out the pic in my profile. Thats my wife and I with the band.

maliciousstudios
12-20-2008, 07:43 PM
AWESOME PIC - Yeah each director has his style, I myself love Zombies style over say.... Eli Roths... ( OH MY GOD ) everyones gasping... everyone thinks Eli is great, I say from what Ive seen Eli had a dream of producing quality horror films but fell just a tad short. this said - Hostel is not Eli's. An example of Elis work was found watching say.... Cabin Fever.... lol, it was supposed to be a horror film everyone laughed in the theatre like it was a comedy. I thought it was funny... Hostel was a calaborated effort, Eli decided to hire some talent for both Hostel 1 and 2 and when it came to Cabin Fever 2 ....it was a dead fish in the water. Texas Chainsaw Massacure was done in a different style as well Tobe Hooper and Kim Henkel had a dirty white trash style. Horror to me is DIRTY, TRASHY, MUREDER IS OFTEN MESSY and DEATH IS SELDOMLY GLAMORIZED OR SEXY....

Im just glad to see the return of the SLASHER films.... regaurdless.... it has been to long and we have ALL waited far to long to see dumb blonde b*tches running for their lives knocking on doors screaming for help, while the killer calmly walks behind them waiting for them to fall down... or waiting for them to hide in a "safe" hiding place.......LMFAO HELL YEAH..... Bring on the Slashers..... even if it means that Billy Bob Thorton might play Freddy Kruger......lol......RAWK

KroneDaddy
12-20-2008, 09:32 PM
A Nightmare on Elm Street (2010)

A re-imagining of the horror icon Freddy Krueger, Billy Bob Thornton as - Freddy (rumored)

"Well I been in the nervous hospital fer a right spell... I recon I aint got no reason to disembowel nobody. Umm Hmmm. Alright then."

Carl Krueger

graystone
12-20-2008, 10:26 PM
I am a huge fan of the Halloween Movies! However I think Rob killed it for me. His use of the G.D. word makes me sick. If he could leave out the nude trailer park hos, and the excessive use of the G.D. word it might be ok. On a 1 to 10 I give it a 2 it could have been a 10 but he managed to screw it up real good. Shane and its ROB thanks for nothing Shane this time!

maliciousstudios
03-31-2009, 09:16 AM
different folks different strokes.... just take a look at "LAST HOUSE ON THE LEFT" allot of people said it was a bit much but then allot of us thought it rawked.... we all have different tollerances for HORROR whether it is including sex, rape, violence, foul language, necrophillia, or even beastiality.

ITS ALL HORROR TO ME

We all have different tastes.... I enjoy caramel apples

Did you know - Taste and smell only separated when animals moved to land. Since in the sea, all chemicals are dissolved in the same medium (water) there is no need for two separate senses. Fish and other sea creatures have one general chemical sense.

Damn, I bet they liked "Last House On The Left"

LMFAO

brad
03-31-2009, 09:35 AM
.... I enjoy caramel apples

Me too!!!!!!!!!

chuck weber
03-31-2009, 09:37 AM
Weird al vankovic is gonna be in the movie also (guest shot on a local radio show with dr. Loomis pushing his new book.) movie is being filmed right now in GEORGIA. They were looking for paid extras a few weeks ago paying $110.00 per day I'm told. They were looking last minute for a couple hundred people (townspeople, crowd scenes, I guess) I agree, kill the "hillbilly deluxe" crap. Enuf allready, rob....
Now, if only WILLA FORD (AND HER COCONUTS) (F13) would make a guest appearence!!!! More later.....

UHM.COM upcoming horror movie info they have all the latest news

DollFacexHorror
03-31-2009, 09:51 AM
Ive seen both 1000Corpses and Devils Rejects...( YOU LEFT ONE OUT EXCERSISTO )
Congrats on being scared of Ted Bundy... ( I know I wasnt ) white collar crime doesnt frighten me ( lol seriously ) I grew up on the other side of town, the side some of you didnt want to visit at night. The likes of Charles Manson and the Manson Family, Rimerez, Gasey, Gerad Parker, Son Of Sam,Emund Kemper, Ed Gein, Ian Brady, Henry Lee Lucas, Ottis Toole, Patrick Mackay, Aileen Wuornos, were all "WHITE COLLAR KILLERS HUH ? " Every horror movie out there has been based upon these killers.... We all hate to love them BUT WE DO... did they come from white trash ?? yep.... bad lives, bad environments.... they grew to become what we fear. In reality I hate serial killers, but they do feed what I love in fiction. I get carried away, I hope noone thinks Im too serious about this.... but I do say that my "opinion" is that The man is good at what he does... hes good as a muisician and he is good as a director ( afterall hes directed every single video he has ever had and wrote every single song he has had ) He has a style so do many other talents in the industry.... his talent is dirty horror.... hes not Hollywood. HES REAL... I dont know about you but I would gladly take the realness of someones movies i.e. Rob Zombie over Hollywoods glamorized regurgitated slimeball movies... but maybe if we add a few clean scenes with some explosions it might be fun for the whole family ??

I agree completely! hey no hate on having his wife in the movies... If you notice certain directors continue to use the same actor for there newest movies ie tim burton and johnny depp. It's just that Rob zombie chooses his wife. And she can't come back in the 2nd movie she was killed off lol
________
silver surfer vaporizer (http://vaporizers.net/silver-surfer-vaporizer)

maliciousstudios
03-31-2009, 12:42 PM
damn.... thats true.... she commited suicide didnt she.....lol... ( DAMN ) uless of course she missed or just took off an ear...lmfao

Nothing says white trash like a stripper with one ear.... HELL YEAH...lol

drfrightner
03-31-2009, 03:25 PM
Did anyone know they have been shooting this in Atlanta and working with Netherworld on some stuff. I heard some rumors about Netherworld and Halloween 2...

I guess you'll have to wait until the movie comes out! I also heard some rumors about Netherworld and another movie called Zombieland.

Larry

maliciousstudios
03-31-2009, 05:19 PM
Thats AWESOME.... I sure hope so.... that would be so AWESOME for Ben and the gang.... WOW I SURE DO HOPE SO !!

I wonder if Toby Sells will be working on this one since his shop IS in Atlanta.... hmmm.... I had always wondered if Toby worked with Netherworld ??

Anyone know ??

Does anyone know who Toby Sells is ?? ( LMFAO... sorry Im a Geek in that area )

StackerSteve
03-31-2009, 05:46 PM
Wasn't Toby on Dirty Jobs once?

maliciousstudios
03-31-2009, 07:44 PM
I dunno.... hmmm, Ill have to ask him. Anyways if ya dont know who Toby is check him out hes a baddass FX guy in the Atlanta area.

His site is messed up right now so....heres his myspace page. Hes also on youtube...I love Horror FX so he one of my favs... Mike McCarty is another from KNB....

Blah Blah Blah... ( Sorry ) heres the guys myspace

http://www.myspace.com/monstermaker181

StackerSteve
03-31-2009, 07:56 PM
Yup. He has the You Tube video with Mike Rowe on his page

mindtumor
05-26-2009, 02:26 PM
I think this movie looks terrible.

graystone
05-26-2009, 06:18 PM
Why the hell is Michael Myers wearing a hoodie? Shane and its I don't see him as pure and simply evil anymore! Shane this time!

mindtumor
05-26-2009, 06:44 PM
Emo Michael Myers maybe?

Motograter
05-26-2009, 07:32 PM
Hahahahaha

Dr. Giggles
05-26-2009, 11:16 PM
Ok well here is my thoughts on it all. I don't really have a problem with the white trash because as maliciousstudios said, most killers had that backround. But i am not going to deny it, it IS getting a little old.

I mean I have two MAJOR problems with the movie already. One he put Michael in a hoody? Whoever had that "creative" idea, probably needs to jump in the "creative" hole. Also why is a chunk of his mask missing? I don't wan't to see michael's face. That ruins the scare of it. I mean he was "the boogey man". That emotionless white mask is what scared me to begin with. Not seeing his face. "Aaaghhh he has a clear complexion?!?"

And since i am on the soap box might as well continue right? Well, heres my beef with the first one he did. Its not that he made Michael white trash, but that he tried to explain why michael did what he did? No, that sort of ruined it. It made people scared because it didn't seem to make sense! "Why did he kill those people, what made him snap?!" Once again, jump in the creative hole in my opinion.

Steps of soap box.

Haunts of Richmond
05-26-2009, 11:24 PM
And since i am on the soap box might as well continue right? Well, heres my beef with the first one he did. Its not that he made Michael white trash, but that he tried to explain why michael did what he did? No, that sort of ruined it. It made people scared because it didn't seem to make sense! "Why did he kill those people, what made him snap?!"

The problem is, if he had given Michael no backstory like the original, then he would've been criticized for making basically a shot-for-shot remake. They marketed the movie as "Rod Zombie's Halloween" and that's what he made. He likes using redneck crazies and he wanted to tell Michael's story. That said, I enjoyed the work print online version much better than the theatrical version. Oh, well. The original is still available to watch and enjoy. And I'll still see his Halloween II when it comes out.

- Ryan

damon carson
05-30-2009, 08:48 PM
Ok here are a few theories about the new Halloween 2 coming out. I dont know if this is true but maybe they could be. Thats why im calling them theories. I think Michael Myers wearing the hoodie comes in with him trying to hide from the police. Remember Rob has more or less tried to make him human rather than an undestructible embodiedment of evil. Then showing his face in this one. I dont believe they showed his face in the remake like they did at the end of the original. These movies are for a new generation and believe me when I first saw the original Halloween I wanted to see his face. And them showing it for the few seconds they did was really something! It just seems like these new movies are going the wrong direction. But there packing in the theaters.
Damon