PDA

View Full Version : Looking for the best of the best!

nOrTHeRn TouCh
12-22-2008, 10:13 PM
Now that the off season is here and we have about 3 feet of snow I thought it would be the best time to put the tools down and pick up a few good books. Now I was thinking that many of you probable started off your haunting with a few good books and I am sure some of you have some large libraries. I was looking for some good books out there no $$$$ grabbers but good books with a lot of info on designing building and ruining a good haunt. I know there are tons of books online but was hoping for some insight so I wouldn't wast my $$$ on crap and can focus on the good stuff that is out there....

Nightgore
12-23-2008, 03:08 AM
"So You Want To Be A Hauntreprenuer"... by forum member Kelly Allen (Raycliff Manor). This is THE BEST book on how to RUN and OPERATE a haunted attraction! -Tyler

nOrTHeRn TouCh
12-23-2008, 11:25 AM
Yup heard a lot about that book and it is on it's way but I was looking for some other books on set design and room ideas. I will keep searching maby all get a few books togeather and do a poll on the best of the best after Christmas.

robos99
12-24-2008, 12:04 PM
info on designing building and ruining a good haunt.

Why would you want a ruin a good haunt? Well, if you insist, I don't think you'll need a book to help you...a chainsaw should do the trick. But not nearly as fun as explosives. That'll ruin a good haunt quick.

I'll second "So You Want To Be A Hauntreprenuer", but sounds like you've got it coming anyways. I really like the JB Corn books (do a search on here for JB Corn, they're free, I just don't remember where they're at). Those have a lot of info.

Those are about the only haunt books I can recommend. But consider going beyond just haunt books. Look for books on lighting design, set construction, and stuff like that.