PDA

View Full Version : "Apocolipto!"

Jim Warfield
12-12-2006, 08:35 AM
Action/adventure, good movie(not spoiling here).
Pandering to alot to the people who dig tatoos and piercings, a real looking movie. blood, scary stuff .
Any thoughts I ever had of taking a walk in a south American jungle just got put on indefinate "Hold"!

drfrightner
12-13-2006, 04:13 AM
I heard the movie was great, I also heard its the most violent movie ever made! Anyone see it yet?

Larry

Jim Warfield
12-13-2006, 08:49 AM
....yes?
I seem to have seen it...or was it all just a dream?
I'm not giving anything away though .
The movie has some very funny moments, sort of "Guy-Humor" , sort of moments, I would not take a young, impressionable kid to see this movie because of the scary looking costumes and animalistic behavior that is almost non-stop on sceen, i'm talking bad, hungry ego-driven animals, not fluffy petable animals.
Remember all the running in "Last Of The Mohecans"?
Alot of running in this movie too , but it is very wel filmed and exciting.
If the one guy had a dirt bike, the movie would have been over alot quicker.
It is an exciting movie, and it's ALL subtitled, but it is white letters against dark backround, unlike some other movies where the word "contrasting Colors" must have been considered advanced mysterious"Rocket-Science".

Pretendman
02-18-2008, 11:19 PM
This was an insane movie - the scene on the top of the pyramid with the heads rolling was priceless!

Also the scene when he had to run and they were throwing spears at him was cool.

This movie had a good amount of gore and action - Mel Gibson did a great job i felt - it was a lot better than I was expecting.

drfrightner
02-21-2008, 06:51 PM
I'll go on record as saying one of the most violent movies, and gory as well, on top of just seeming very realistic. This movie is NOT for the faint of heart.

Larry