PDA

View Full Version : Worst movie this year is ...

drfrightner
12-28-2008, 01:21 AM
The Spirit! This movie is so bad you can't even go into it... I fell asleep in the theatre half way through and woke up in time to catch the end. This movie SUCKED REALLY REALLY BAD!

DO NOT SEE THIS MOVIE!

Larry

jason
12-28-2008, 03:02 AM
i have yet to see the movie (if i do) but umm hello drago err whatever that flop was a bad one (without saying). plus, the day the earth stood still...i found that to be pretty boring.

Speculo
12-28-2008, 08:53 AM
Can it beat the Happening? I doubt it!

Darkangel
12-28-2008, 09:09 AM
That movie looked terrible. They already made Sin City look EXACTLY the same and that movie was horrible and just weird.....Tim Burton made dark movies that looked way better and felt more real....

Thanks for the heads up on this flick

Darkangel

elswarro
12-28-2008, 09:42 AM
Wow.....you are sooooooo right! I am a movie fan......good or bad, i'll power through a flick.

For the first time in my 35 years.....i walked out of a movie. The Spirit is that bad!

Jim Warfield
12-28-2008, 11:33 AM
I used to say to myself:"If only someone would have handed me a mere fraction of the money they just wasted on that movie, I could have made a really incredible haunted house! And then I could have had a V-8!"
I'm sure many of us here have had the similair thought..?
I'm not alone on this am I?

drfrightner
12-28-2008, 03:02 PM
I saw the Happening, although I didn't think it was a good movie it wasn't horrid or outright terrible. Spirit is just horrible in every sense of the word. I will say there are a few cool special effects here and there but other than that its just plain bad... its like Speed Racer just not 1/100th as good.

Larry

Dr. Giggles
12-28-2008, 05:38 PM
Woah! I was just skimming and i saw the speed racer analogy by larry! That seals it im not even going to waste money on a ticket. Haha

KroneDaddy
12-28-2008, 09:59 PM
OK, it's not the WORST movie of the year, but I was really disappointed with the Indiana Jones movie. Thought most of it was stupid. The ending was just ridiculous.

Haven't seen The Spirit, and after the glowing reviews, I won't be seeing it.

KroneDaddy

brad
12-28-2008, 10:47 PM
I agree with KroneDaddy about the Indiana Jones movie. I still think that The Day The Earth Stood Still was the worst that I've seen.

Thanks to this thread, I wont waste my time or money on this flick.

damon carson
12-29-2008, 03:55 PM
Although I didnt see it Mama Mia is always playing in the video store when I rent a movie. This thing makes my ears bleed everytime Im in there its on. Its just horrible!!!
Damon

Nightgore
12-29-2008, 04:16 PM
If it's your ears bleeding, don't blame Mama Mia... blame ABBA! I love musicals, ALL musicals! hahaha... I think the worst movie of the year would have to go to...:

The Spirit!!! ... without a doubt! -Tyler

Gore Galore
12-29-2008, 04:24 PM
Ok,
I have to get in on this thread. I hardly ever feel ripped off when leaving a theatre. I try to always go to a film with an open mind. You can screw up a movie just by having preconceptions about it.

But I have to say I honestly felt ripped off when i left the theatre after watching "The happening". I was so pissed when I left. What a piece of crap. I was insulted by the acting, the plot lines, everything. I think I actually booed when leaving. Well, along with half the people in the theatre.
It was a good think people were killing themselves. They should have for just being involved with this film.
LOL,
thanks for letting me vent.
I laugh everytime I walk past it in at the video store.

I almost went to see the "Spirit" yesterday, but opted to see "Twilight" with my "FIANCE" hahaha, it was a cute teen movie. So, I guess I am glad we didn't waste our free passes.

Motograter
12-29-2008, 05:08 PM
I saw the previews on the TV and it looks stupid.

Darkangel
12-29-2008, 05:56 PM
Nightgore are you serious? I've never heard a guy say musicals are any good and Mama Mia sucked big time, just like Hairspray, etc, etc.....lol Those movies are so lame....

Did you also like Sex and the City and Marly and Me too? Just kidding with you!

Darkangel

drfrightner
12-29-2008, 06:07 PM
After reading Krones thoughts on Indy, let me restate my views.

No Spirit isn't the worst movie for many reasons, and mainly because it was not as hyped as say Indy Jones movie. Indy was horrible, it was beyond bad, but it wasn't as bad as Spirit not even close, heck it wasn't even as bad as The Day the earth stood still, but because of the budget, the masterminds behind the film, and all the hype yes I'll go on record and say the worst movie of the year is the new Indy movie.

It was bad no doubt about it.

Top Ten Worst Movies of 2008

1) Indy 4
2) Day the Earth Stood Still (someone shoot the director)
3) Spirit (just dumb da dumb da dumb)
4) Mamma Mia (Streep, James Bond, and most of all those actors JUST COULD NOT SING TO SAVE THEIR LIVES)
5) The Happening (The more movies this guys make the worse Sixth Sense becomes)
6) What Happens in Vegas (Someone tell every producer in Hollywood to stop hiring Kushter)
7) Meet Dave (After this I'll never see another Eddie Murphy Movie EVER)
8) Superhero Movie (will someone tell Hollywood to stop making this horrible spuff movies?)
9) The Love Guru (the worst movie I think I've ever seen EVER)
10) Prom Night (TERRIBLE TERRIBLE TERRIBLE)

xxxdirk
12-29-2008, 06:23 PM
Indi Jones just broke my heart. I was so hyped to see it and left the theater thinking,"what a load of crap" It was funny what they did on South Park about the movie. I was also about as frustrated about Mummy 3. Did not see happening or Stood Still. ah well, counting the days til convention season starts....

Nightgore
12-29-2008, 06:47 PM
Sex in the City? NO! lol... but:

Phantom of the Opera
The Music Man
CATS
Evita
Oklahoma
Sweeeney Todd: Demon Barber of Fleet Street
Fiddler on the Roof
Of Mice and Men
The Producers
A Chorus Line
RENT
On The Town

.... I could go on and on! hahahaha... -Tyler

Darkangel
12-29-2008, 06:50 PM
But none of them made any really great movies... Are you talking about on Broadway or in the theaters? It rarely spills over to the other succussfully....

Nightgore
12-29-2008, 06:54 PM
I think they ALL made GREAT movies! Except for CATS, hasn't been made into one yet but I could see an animated version made. I don't think On The Town is a movie either... oh well, it's time will come! -Tyler

Darkangel
12-29-2008, 06:56 PM
O-K......Iinteresting.....whoa! :rolleyes:

Darkblood
12-29-2008, 08:59 PM
I loved Indy 4, Sweeney Todd, and Phantom...oh well...
The Spirit's first trailer looked dumb...then the second made me think...I might go...
Now I won't for sure...I didn't care for Sin City...
I have a friend who thought The Spirit was fun and critics don't know what they're saying!
I may watch it on video...if I'm bored...

Kirk

Dr. Giggles
12-29-2008, 09:11 PM
Im not going to lie i really enjoy musicals as well! I always have! Infact i was an actor in musicals for six years before i even discovered haunt acting. Its a lot of fun....so dont knock it till you try it Darkangel.

Darkangel
12-29-2008, 09:16 PM
Dr Giggles, I have tried it and I did not like them. Many people do just haven't seen to many guys who do thats all.

Darkangel

Jim Warfield
12-29-2008, 09:33 PM
Unless you have nothing else to do at all.
Sorry. No surprises , scripts approved by a large committee.
Stolen plots,borrowed characters, monsters repeated, basic ideas copied, all second degree theft/prosecutable.
I have a growing list of movies I might see someday, IF I am told I only have , say 4 months left to live, THEN I'll watch them!
The first time I walked into a video store I began tabulating the movies there that I had seen..the number of hours of my life represented in those movies, then the big factor:How entertaining, informing, influencing were they?
And what do I have for memories from those hundreds and hundreds of hours of sitting there , the body doing nothing?
Too high of a price to pay for what I might have gained doing it.