PDA

View Full Version : Moveable walls

Floor8Horror
01-02-2009, 10:17 AM
I need an ideas for movable walls. they only need to be like 4 ft high and I want them to be switched manually. I am on a very low budget and wanted to know if anyone had any ideas. I have two paths that intersect and I need to block one off but then sometimes I need to block the other one off. Any ideas would be great and it doesn't not have to be fancy as long as it works.

Allen H
01-02-2009, 12:48 PM
What is your theme, this kind of situation could be done with set dressing as oppossed to walls. Iif you are asylum or hospital themed then a messy patient on a wheeled gurney would work great, See where Im going?
Allen Hopps

robos99
01-02-2009, 12:51 PM
Well depending on your layout, I think the easiest way would be to have a hinged panel, and have an actor move it into place at the right times. Think of your panel like a door.

Another way would be to use pocket doors like they use for homes. But these might be a bit pricier. You could probably even build a door that will either slide like a pocket door, or on an overhead track. This could even be powered by hydraulics if you really wanted make it fancy.

One concern though might be with the fire marshall. I think they tend to frown on actual mazes, and something like this might be considered a trap door. Although I think it would be pretty cool to do, they might not like the fact that there isn't a single linear path to the nearest exit. You may want to check with the fire marshall first.