PDA

View Full Version : Yes HauntWorld Magazine is coming and coming soon...

drfrightner
01-05-2009, 03:30 PM
Not sure if we'll do another magazine or not before Transworld but this magazine is coming along right now... we'll have it done by the end of this week hopefully.

Make sure you SUPPORT THE VENDORS who SUPPORT THE MAGAZINE... I know I will. From now on I'm only going to buy from the vendors in the magazine and I hope you support these guys as well. We are going to start doing more than ever to support these vendors and only these vendors.

More on that to come...but trust me it will be big.

But in the meantime, feast your eyes on the cover and at the very least one page already layed out. I will shoot a few new pages to everyone within the next couple of days. But the whole magazine should be complete by next week and at the printers. You should see the magazine sometime this month.

The main feature is Netherworld but like you've never seen it done before... learn how they do their make up department, learn how they entertain people in line, whole articles on just those subjects then I put the screws to them with 13 TOUGH and IMPORTANT questions.

We haven't finalized all the details for the rest of the magazine but there is an article from Haunted Overload, a feature story on Robert Short and some other goodies!

Tell me what you think!

Larry

damon carson
01-06-2009, 11:59 AM
Looks good. Glad to hear your going to go ahead and send it out. If you get anotherone out by Transworld that would be awesome! But if you dont then its more than understandable. With everything else you are trying to get finished. I sometimes sit and wonder how you get it all done with the Haunt, the website, the magazine, HHA, Halloween Productions, Conventions, ect. Tell me if I missed anything. LOL! Do you get much sleep???
Damon

elowther
01-06-2009, 05:26 PM
Looks good Larry. Brainstorm does a fantastic job with the layouts and the cover looks insane. I can't wait to read about the Netherworld. The Haunted Overload Article looks cool too. I always wondered how they created those huge props, LOL!

I'll be checking my mailbox when you post that it has been shipped.

Keep up the good work.

Eric

drfrightner
01-08-2009, 07:15 PM
Thanks Eric.

This is going to be ONE POWERFUL magazine!

We are also going to be mailing this out to all amusement parks, fec's, renfairs blah, blah for FREE!

So its a very valuable magazine. Larry

Tater
01-08-2009, 10:24 PM
I own a ummm amusementfecrenfair...yeah thats it...a mix of everything...does that mean i get three copies...or maybe one. You going to have at Transworld Larry for sale?

Haunting Copy
01-09-2009, 03:37 AM
Can't wait to get it! :)

Sarah

drfrightner
01-10-2009, 01:46 PM
What do you think of this page in the new magazine???

Larry

Nightgore
01-10-2009, 02:00 PM
Nice! -Tyler

nOrTHeRn TouCh
01-10-2009, 02:04 PM
great I want to subscribe I have been meaning to can't wait to read this great mag..

toothtwister
01-10-2009, 10:11 PM
Make sure you SUPPORT THE VENDORS who SUPPORT THE MAGAZINE... I know I will. From now on I'm only going to buy from the vendors in the magazine and I hope you support these guys as well. We are going to start doing more than ever to support these vendors and only these vendors.

...Tell me what you think!

You want to know what I think?

Before I respond, let me ask you a question- what is your attitude towards those vendors who are not currently advertising in the magazine? (I'm sure you know who they are...)

Thad
Dental Distortions (http://www.dentaldistortions.com)

drfrightner
01-11-2009, 03:27 AM
Thad,

I don't know what you mean, but let me say this, we publish the magazine, and we go way over the top to find qualified buyers for our advertisers. There is NO OTHER magazine as well supported by professionals. I advertise in all sorts of magazines for my mini golf business, and other industry magazines charge twice what we charge sometimes three times and are NOT as effective as our magazine.

This industry has it good with a cheap tradeshow, good solid magazine to market through...when they choose to ignore that for whatever reason they are making a very poor business choice. But its those business's choice to make even if it is a bad one. What can I do but shake my head.

Whenever you can find a way to market directly to QUALIFIED buyers, be it a magazine a website, google ads, or whatever you take it and run especially when its very affordable.

I myself as a buyer will no longer buy from vendors who are not supporting the magazine. It takes more than one person to help the industry, it takes many people and vendors should do what they can to support the haunt owners which includes keeping magazines like Hauntworld going.

Haunted house owners need valuable information to grow their business, when they do grow their business, they spend more on vendors...everything rolls downhill in this industry.

I'm doing the magazine to help the industry grow...everytime we do a magazine it basically shuts down my business for a month. Its not easy doing one I can tell you that much.

So from today on vendors who support the magazine can promote their products on our site, they can ask us to publish blogs for them, and they will be included in mass email newsletters, or banners on the site, or something new we are going to do which is put their names on a reception letter anytime new haunts sign up for our directory. We will do anything and everything we can to support those who support us, including myself buying product from those who support the magazine.

Any magazine Thad that publishs no matter what industry wants support for their advertisers over all other vendors and if they don't they won't stay in business long. Period. We want the same for those who support us and if you think any different you don't understand marketing. This is how all radio stations, television stations, and everyone in between feel!

I'm sure there are tons of great vendors for all industries that don't support every website, magazine, or whatever, and are still good vendors but that doesn't mean I have to lift a finger to help them, or buy from them...that is my choice. The biggest problem with this industry and I mean especially vendors is to them everything cost to much from tradeshows, to magazine ads... and all I can say is thank GOD you are in ANY other industry because you'd have a heart attack first day out! LOL

This has to be the industry where price wins out over qualifty 99 times out of 100, where people are swindled more than any other industry, mainly because the vendor or the owner needs more business training, education or whatever. That is what is great about these message boards because we can all sit here and listen and learn and communicate and talk to people who have made these same mistakes before. I wish I had these available to me when I started nearly 20 years ago...I'd be rich right now!!! LOL

I've made so many stupid mistakes because I didn't have anyone to learn from and today well totally different world! People should appreciate that more than they do sometimes! Anyway...

The next magazine will be awesome and I hope everyone learns something and enjoys the hard work we put into this.

Larry

toothtwister
01-11-2009, 10:06 AM
Larry- thanks for your response.

First of all, let me say that your magazine is nicely put together. The folks at Brainstorm really know their stuff.

That all being said, I think your idea to ONLY buy from vendors who advertise in your magazine is not what this industry needs right now and can hurt this industry.

Let me explain why.

First of all, you are excluding any and all upstarting companies who may not have an advertising budget yet that can carry them through the year with print advertising (which, by the way is the most expensive forms of advertising).

You also have to consider the fact that this industry has gone from ONE trade show in 2008 to THREE trade shows in 2009 (HPE, TW Las Vegas and the St. Louis Hauntshow)- many or most vendors cannot afford to do three big shows per year, not to mention figuring out which show will be best for them.

Now I know you'll say that St. Louis is the place to be, and I agree with you. But look at how slowly the vendor list and floor space is filling up.

Many vendors are responding to the situation by taking a 'wait and see' position. That's how this whole scenario has effected our company.

What this industry needs is to pull together in these dark economic times. The haunts did very well in '08 and '09 should be even better (Halloween falls on a Saturday this year). If they continue to patronize those companies who provide a good reliable product at an affordable price and deliver it on time with a smile on there face, then THAT is who they should be buying from, irregardless of whether or where they advertise.

As the Haunt industry comes into it's own this year (apart from the Halloween/Party crowd) and the economy rebounds, more and more vendors will advertise in the most-read industry magazine around, Hauntworld- they'd be foolish not to.

Don't promote penalizing vendors who aren't advertising with you.

Thad Whitley
Dental Distortions

drfrightner
01-11-2009, 01:48 PM
Thad,

No the industry didn't go from one tradeshow to three... this tradeshow in Houston has been happening for about 3 years now it was only this coming up show that Rubies got like way way behind the show. Rubies displayed at that show this whole time but again only this year did they decide to ONLY display at the Houston show and NOT the Transworld Show.

That is the first thing. Secondly, for the haunted house industry we didn't go from 1 to 3 because haunts don't buy retail, for the haunt industry we buy stuff that Rubies and others don't sell. I understand for you and especially if you sell mostly to retailers things are different yes I agree. Most haunt vendors are not doing Vegas, Houston, and St. Louis... if you are yes you have some extra costs out there if you CHOOSE to do all three shows. Me myself, if I was in your shoes would NOT be doing all three shows I would only do two one retail and one haunt.

Even at that I would think the retail show for you is MOST important and I could even see you skipping the haunt show all together not that I want you to. Secondly as for tradeshows things have DRASTICLY changed in the tradeshow side of business ...

Call a spade a spade, tradeshows are NOT what they use to be, they are not the end all be all that they use to be... in some industries you can skip tradeshows all together. Look at Morris they use to get 30 booths at these Halloween shows and now they have one booth in Houston and one in Vegas. They claim they don't need them anymore and their business is better than ever.

Consulidation within industries like the amusement industry, or lets say the Halloween retail industry has taken the amount of unique buyers down probably 85%. In most cases you have all the potential buyers already in your data base so now people can market directly to the buyers. This has changed tradeshows big time.

I think the Haunt show is unique in that unlike the Halloween retail industry where say Spirits has taken over, with Walmart, Target, Halloween Express as an example or in the amusement industry where 5 companies own 80% percent of amusement parks, and even now the FEC industry big companies keep buying up the small owners, in the haunt industry you will NEVER SEE 5 companies owning the mass majority of attractions. This industry will probably ALWAYS BE owned and operated by independent owners and operators.

So with that being said our industry tradeshow will always be well attended by unique buyers. With that being said even Six Flags parks buy their haunted house stuff for their own park unique from other parks with a budget they are given they however do not or can not do that for rides,thats all home office stuff. SO this industry is good for the support of tradeshows and vendors.

I hope I'm not off track here...

Now getting back to my magazine... I think you read wrong what I said. I NEVER SAID DO NOT BUY from people who don't support the magazine. You read that totally wrong. I NEVER SAID THAT!

What I said was make sure you support the vendors WHO DO ADVERTISE...that is ALL I SAID! Now as for myself I said I would NOT PERSONALLY buy from any vendors who do not support the magazine. And I will not! But buyers will buy from the vendors they choose to buy from each and every single time. I would never tell any buyer not to buy from someone who is not an advertisers ever!

However I will do everything I can to make sure buyers are steered to those who advertise in Hauntworld because that is MY JOB! I AM SUPPOSE TO DO THAT THAD... THINK ABOUT IT!

That is what we are being paid to do...

Me personally I CAN NOT buy from ANY vendor who does not support us in any way not just the magazine. If I support you and you don't support me then we can't do business. I'm only speaking for myself and I think ANY buyer would tell you the same exact thing. I've heard buyers say dozens of times that some vendor has been helping my compeition so I will not buy from them I'm going to buy from so and so instead. This is nothing new. But when new haunts sign up for accounts, or new haunts sign up for my magazine, I will make damn sure these vendors get information to buy from vendors from our magazine.

HOW CAN ANYONE NOT ASSUME THIS IS MY JOB TO DO THAT IF THEY ARE PAYING ME! For those vendors who advertise in another magaizine or a different website or at some tradeshow or whatever it is... that tradeshow organizer better make damn sure they are finding you every single qualified buyer they can, not to leave one stone unturned to help you find new customers and that is exactly what I plan on doing. Whomever is inside the magazne will be promoted to those buyers and whomever isn't won't.

I hope that clears that up, but I will not make any bones about it I'm doing to go way above and beyond to support every single advertiser in Hauntworld from today forward. What you choose to do with your marketing money is your choice I'm not taking it personal not at all.

That is your choice!

Larry

drfrightner
01-11-2009, 05:29 PM
Back on track...

Here is another page from the new magazine which is on its way...

Its going to be a really cool magazine. I must admit Netherworld makes it easy to make a cool looking magazine. Their photos are really great. Suggestion to other haunts...get a professional photographer and stage some photos. It will pay off!

drfrightner
01-13-2009, 11:45 PM
How about another page...

Its being worked on folks!

With this ISSUE and this ISSUE ONLY Hauntworld Magazine will bonus mail over ONE THOUSAND magaznes to people who are NOT subscribes, I should say not subscribers YET!

We are doing this to promote the show to new buyers, promote the magazine to new buyers and put the vendors in front of new buyers.

Get ready...here we come!

Larry

damon carson
01-14-2009, 01:12 PM
I dont know why but the pics you post anymore wont enlarge. Theres too much cool stuff not to see!
Damon

shawnc
01-14-2009, 08:36 PM
Damon, I had the same problem. A clear box with a red X in the corner pops up. Just click on the box instead of the Back button and they will open.

drfrightner
01-14-2009, 11:40 PM
They blow up for me... I click on them and a box with an X pops up then about 3 seconds later it shows up, then if you click on them again you can make it even bigger

Larry

drfrightner
01-14-2009, 11:43 PM
Additionally want to add the advertisement list or this magazine continues to grow sold another four ads today... we keep selling ads while the last few pages are layed out. Once the whole thing is layed out we'll take it to the printer. Won't be long now.

I have a couple updates on issue 21... articles are already pouring in for that magazine. The featured haunt is a haunt that has NEVER been covered before, top secret, but will have more inside information about how things are done.

You'll love it!!! We're going to push all the right buttons to help your business grow in 2009.

If you don't already subscribe jump to it...

LOL

Larry

drfrightner
01-16-2009, 10:17 PM
There is only ONE MORE article that must be layed out and that is the feature article on Netherworld itself... then this magazine will be off to the printer. So it won't be long now folks.

Here is a couple more pages of the magazine ... subscribe NOW!

www.hauntedhousesupplies.com (http://www.hauntedhousesupplies.com)

drfrightner
01-20-2009, 04:46 PM
We have another page to show you here... doesn't it look awesome. THE MAGAZINE IS NOW OFFCIALLY DONE! We have all the files now in St. Louis. I must write a letter from the editor which I was putting off until the magazine was done and we're putting the pieces together this week and off to the printer it will go.

Thanks for all of your input and thanks to all the vendors for their support!

ALso check out our new www.hauntedhousemagazine.com (http://www.hauntedhousemagazine.com) we have a new website up and running.

Larry

elowther
01-20-2009, 05:22 PM
Wow,

It looks awesome Larry! It's going to be one cool looking issue this time.
How long does it take to print once all the files are at the printers?

I would like to see an article about what actually goes into publishing this magazine.

Have someone ask you stuff like how you decide what to cover, behind the scenes at Brainstorm and what goes into each layout, budget for the magazine, how much work is it to sell ads, how you keep track of subscribers and renewals? Show photos of it being run on the press and if stuff ever goes wrong at the printers. Where do you store all the back issues?

I always like behind the scenes info on things like this. Magazines come and go so fast and so many fail nowadays. It seems like a ton of work. Do you ever wish you could just quit? You are in pretty deep now and a lot of people look forward to it in the mail box.

I think this is a funny video from a while back. I can't remember who posted it. I want to see an updated version of what he would do for this issue, LOL!

I'll be looking for mine soon.

Eric

oHm6wUYJ4Os

scareshack
01-20-2009, 09:12 PM
Looking very very sweet!

drfrightner
01-24-2009, 01:28 PM
Check out this new layout for the Letter from Editor...

Isn't this wild! The magazine is done folks 110%. It is being all set up over the weekend and will be at the printers on Tuesday.

We are already working on issue #21, already have TWO articles laid out for that magazine right now. I am doing an article about how to make the ultimate facade, based on the one we've made for Darkness. I will tell you all the materials used, all the tools needed, and show step by step how its done. We will feature TWO different haunted houses and have an awesome cover with St. Louis in the background.

I think the Transworld issue just might end up being 100 page magazine maybe... it will be a MAJOR issue!

Larry

oakhillshaunterTHEFEAR
01-24-2009, 03:52 PM
O..M..G!!!! I want so many things and the subscription and a plane ticket to St. Louis is on that list. The ticket from CA to Transworld is $600! I'm so bummed out. I'd sleep outside for all I care. Seriously I've done it before and I'd do it again to go. But I'm rambling and you folks don't need to hear complaining.

Anywho the pages look great and I can't wait till I save up the 40 for the subscription hopefully before the Transworld issue comes out.

damon carson
01-26-2009, 08:20 AM
So the Necropolis issue is about to be mailed and a new issue for the Transworld show is in the works right?! COOL! Are you needing articles. I would be willing to write one about all my trips to St. Louis ect to the Darkness over all the years if it sounds interesting let me know. After all I do think I am the Darkness Biggest Fan.
Thanks,
Damon

drfrightner
01-28-2009, 02:26 PM
Hauntworld Magazine 20 is complete... but anyway we are already working on the cover for the next issue and we already have FOUR stories being layed out now.

We are hoping to ship Hauntworld Magazine 21 on March 9th. That is our goal for that issue and we're hoping to ship Magazine 20 on Feb 9th. So one month apart on both issues.

Hope that works for everyone. If you don't have a subscription visit our new website www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com (http://www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com)

Larry

Darkangel
01-28-2009, 02:43 PM
That werewolf and the hallway scene is awesome!!! Great lighting is it real brick or vacu form?

Darkangel

scubadog
01-28-2009, 05:07 PM
So what do you have to do to receive the magazine?

TheNightMare
01-28-2009, 05:33 PM
So what do you have to do to receive the magazine?

Get a subscription, duuuh

Speculo
01-28-2009, 06:24 PM
On the side walls it is vacuform, and over the arches I cut luan into brick shapes, we screwed them in place and the crew covered all the surfaces with assorted textures and painted the heck out of it.

Glad you like it!

drfrightner
01-30-2009, 11:14 PM
The magazine is heading to the printer on Tuesday. Will be in the mail by Friday. So look out for your Hauntworld Magazine. The magazined ended up being 60 pages of sheer fright and utter terror!!!! We added a last minute article about tradeshows and conventions by Rich Strelak.

Check it out. Does anyone know that guy with the funny mug shot? LOL

Larry

oakhillshaunterTHEFEAR
01-31-2009, 12:36 AM
STOP TAUNTING ME YOU EVIL EVIL ENTITY YOU.

Thats not fair I'm telling on you Larry....
Jim Larrys bein mean and dangling the fact that he gets to go to Transworld and I don't.:p

Jolly Pumpkin
01-31-2009, 10:50 AM
I'm getting a little sick and tired of hearing about the same haunts over and over. But the pages still look great and give some real informative information. After you've heard about the same haunt over and over again they start to seem not as good as they once were and you start to not appreciate what they've done for the industry. But that's just my opinion.

It's like seeing a beautiful woman in a magazine every week and then realizing that much of what made that woman hot is air brushing and fancy camera angles. I know these haunts are incredible from the videos I've seen, but people who don't know much about Hauntworld are going to think that favoratism is being used.

drfrightner
02-01-2009, 12:34 AM
Noah,

When you get the magazine and you READ the article you will retract your comments... I didn't want to cover Netherworld because it had already been beat into the ground, I wanted to do the attraction because these guys are doing 80,000 guests, because they have secrets to reveal and ONLY another haunt owner can understand and get this valued information from them. My goal was to get information from them, from their success and teach all haunt owners something about how to become successful!

You'll see...

If I was going to do an article talking about how great they are I wouldn't have done it...

You'll see... if you don't learn something I'll stop printing the magazine!

Period!

Larry

graystone
02-01-2009, 07:00 AM
From what I can see. Hey I have a suggestion what about doing the next magazine on like a couple or even one of haunts from the North, East, South, West. That way it can cover several. Maybe you can do it everytime. This would cover so many more haunts that are out there. in a much smaller time frame. Unless you want to put 2 great Haunts from the south. I think the Alabama boys would make a good one! Paul you up for it? Shane and its thats my suggestion. Shane this time.

drfrightner
02-01-2009, 01:10 PM
I approach the magazine from the professional stand point non-other.

I want to cover events that will help the smaller events get bigger themselves.

Here is a famous saying...

THE STRONG RUN SO THE WEAK CAN WALK!

And that statement is true in life in general, if you have no bad how do you know what good is? We want to cover all sorts of attractions on all sorts of levels but I'm only interested in attractions that are doing something new, different and amazing.

Netherworld fits that bill 110%.

I want to cover thing I think can help people get better and push them towards their own dreams!

I'm not going to be the magazine that just featured like one page on 20 attractions talking about themselves... explain how that helped anyone? It might have made those haunts feel important or made them excited to see their haunts in print, but it didn't explore why a haunt has become a sucess, it doesn't delve into what is making the that bomb tick!

That is my goal...the minute you feel the magazine no longer helps your business, gives you idea's or pushes you to make yourself better just stop subscribing!

In our last magazine we let Noah write an aritcle that featured several haunts, and we can do that again, but haunts need better photos otherwise it will not make for a compelling article.

Larry

graystone
02-01-2009, 02:53 PM
Just because you feature several different haunts don't mean they all don't offer something different. Larry, its a Haunted House Magazine for goodness sakes. That for the most part only attract people intertested in haunted houses or the industry that will see it. Some like People Mag, they like the celeb topics. Some like National Geographic and seeing exotic places in the world. Some like Readers Digest, Red Book, Playboy ect. But people that subscribe to them don't all have the same interest and thats why they subscribe.

Here is my point just because they are featured in HauntWorld don't mean they "will feel special" just because they are in it. Its not like 1 Billion people can see it hanging in a rack at your local store! Now that would make anyone feel special. It appears in your eyes it was a stupid suggestion. So just disregard my suggestion. When HauntWorld can be found in Wal-Mart, Mega Book Stores, and at the local markets. Then these guys will feel " Important and excited to see their Haunt's in print.

Now THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH BEN AND NETHERWORLD!!! I look forward to reading it. But why does it always have to be a Huge Haunt? I myself would love to read about small and up coming haunts. I, LIKE MOST ALREADY KNOW ABOUT THE HUGE HAUNTS! You have to start somewhere right? What denotes a Big Haunt here? I am doing over 30,000 people! Paul is pushing 50,000. Where does that put us? Small, Med, Large? I think it depends on where your at! Again show some smaller guys even B list celebs still get talked about!!!

Also I MYSELF do enjoy the magazine. And I will be the first to say it always looks good. But I can see where Noah was heading. This is such a small Industry for the most part. And we NEED NEW LOCATIONS AND HAUNTS COVERED. As far as Netherworld I am sure Ben will have something new to offer. I have leard that first hand from him myself. And I do look forward to reading it.

**** One last thing. "The Strong" once walked. They walked before they ran. When you learn to run. You run with people NOT OVER THEM. Weither your big or small we all walk and feel the same way. And when you do learn to run do it and be proud and never forget where you came from or how you started. Also I would think that the small haunts subscribe just like the big haunts to the magazine. Hum theres another thought why not offer a page in each issue showcasing a small or new and upcoming hant? Just my thoughts. Shane its just Shane this time!

mikeq91
02-01-2009, 03:05 PM
I personally like hearing about the big haunts because thats what I find interesting and helpful. As a small haunt, I don't want to hear about another small haunt, I want to hear about a big haunt that might have something that will help my haunt get to the next level. I loved the article on the Haunted Schoolhouse and Lab because it's a big haunt that I had never heard of that does some very interesting and unique things, and it had some great pictures to show the great detail it talked about. That's why I subscribe.

drfrightner
02-01-2009, 11:17 PM
Mike,

I agree with you 110%. Small haunts most of them anyway want to get bigger not smaller so why go backwards. Yes everyone started somewhere and that is why you feature the ones who've been there and now moved to the next level.

Do you want to know how the small stay small or how the small go big? Think about it...

Shane,

I am NOT opposed to featuring any small haunted house, but I'm only interested in featuring a haunt who has something unique to offer like a rags to riches story, something unique about their attraction, something they are doing that no one else does, blah, blah.

My goal with the magazine is grow the whole industry, to help everyone get bigger, reach their haunted dreams and I'm not doing that by featuring a haunt just to feature them. I wouldn't have featured Netherworld unless something was going to come from it as in a benefit to all haunts.

Who wants to know how Netherworld entertains thousands of people in their parking lot? How wants to know how they created that awesome make up departement. Read the magazine and find out!

See what I'm saying? That is why we featured them!

Larry

graystone
02-01-2009, 11:59 PM
To the NetherWorld story! Ben has it down to an art and I will enjoy reading what the artist has to offer. Still don't quiet get the you got to be a rages to riches thing. But again its hard to understand when someone puts it in a post rather than sitting down and talking about it. I guess myself I am different.

I love to see and talk to the little guys out there. Here where I am from I am well known. I am always getting calls to speak at the Country Club, or the Shoals Chamber Of Commerce, invited to golf games and all that BS. I NEVER GO! WHY? They make me sick how they bragg on what they have and how much more they can get. I have no desire to hang with that bunch! I am the outcast for sure. Why they even still bother to offer I don't know. Maybe they think they will change me. IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN!

Now call me up and say Shane can you help out were trying to raise money for a family in need. Or a benifit for a cancer patient. Heck yes I will be there. I like to help the little guy. But only if they ask for it mind you. I would never push myself on someone. That can sometimes hurt ones feelings. I am goin on and on.

Just me I love to drive down the road and see the Local Fire Dept having a Haunted House to raise money! No they don't have all the bells and whistles I might have in my haunt. I can see that at any commerical haunt. But one thing I usually see is them giving their all for a good cause and its usually really a fun haunt. You don't have to have to have all the props and stuff we see in commerical haunts for it to be fun and interesting for me anyway! I love to read about the big guys they do offer information. But I also love to hear of the little man out there always makes me feel good! Thats just me. Again this is what I like and not trying to say what you do is wrong. As they say to each his own. Shane and its I just will stay grounded. Shane this time

drfrightner
02-02-2009, 02:42 AM
Shane,

We do the magazine to help the growing haunts and to do that you must feature advanced articles. Just because you like seeing the fire department that does a haunt doesn't mean we should cover it. I'm glad someone opened a haunt, and we offer them all free listings on our site, but unless they do something worth covering we won't be covering them.

I will cover any haunt big or small if they are doing something that is interesting... if someone out there has something interesting to offer let me know!!!!

I'm open to everything!

Larry