PDA

View Full Version : USS Nightmare Video

Knightmare
12-13-2006, 04:58 PM
The perfect way to get our patrons in the mood... you can't make footage this good. This is actual news footage of the William S. Mitchell (USS Nightmare) slamming into bridges on the Missouri River. Had this footage for years but have never put it online till now... Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jJG9r4t7lc&eurl=

-Knightmare

SSP
12-13-2006, 05:08 PM
Wow, that is some good stuff right there. You really made that into a haunt?

Knightmare
12-13-2006, 05:23 PM
Yes sir indeedy! The attraction is completly themed around the ship itself. It is pretty interesting to see the inside with the lights on. Most of the steam equipment is still there... it is pretty cool to see Scare Factory's Impaler looming over the dredges pumping unit. Most of the ships equipment was built and installed in the late 1920's!

Jonathan
12-13-2006, 05:56 PM
Sweet footage. Can't ask for any better.

I bet the haunt rocks. I saw much of it in various places and also on Geoff Beck's Playing with Fear DVD.

jason
12-19-2006, 02:20 PM
we'll try to post some other video material that allows you to see inside the boat.

Jim Warfield
12-19-2006, 10:39 PM
That news film reminded me of one of Abe Lincoln's trials when a steamboat owner sued the first rail road bridge builder across the Miss. River, because the bridge would restrict his river freedom.
I guess Abe won, they kept on building those river bridges.