PDA

View Full Version : Hha news and updates

drfrightner
01-11-2009, 09:17 PM
I've decided to open up this so the board of HHA can add updates to the things they are doing or working on. We want HHA's board to communicate with you and tell you what we are doing, what we are working on and more.

WE NEED ALL HAUNT OWNERS SUPPORT... We need to be 500 to 1000 members strong!

Here are some updates from myself...

Website: The website if you now visit will show you several updates, many pages changed and updated. Not all of these pages are done, not all of these pages are complete, they are being reviewed by the board.

The website will soon have its own directory...this will not be complete until the Transworld show. As a benefit to all members ONLY members can list their companies in the directory. This is coming soon. Yes you will be able to buy banners although no policy or plan has been put in place. I'm assuming the banner will range something like $100.00 per banner.

HHA will be open to working with all media outlets and several have been approached such as HauntedHouse.com, and we are working on an agreement with them to offer discounts on banners and more. HHA has also contacted Haunted Attraction Magazine, and have been offered the same exact same deal as Hauntworld Magazine and I think he will be working with HHA.

HHA is now the official supplier of information about our industry for Tourist Parks and Attractions magazine. HHA members will gain a subscription to the magazine and HHA will have a section within the magazine every single issue talking up haunt issues and promoting events, and vendors. Scott Simmons is in charge of this section. Please contact him if you have information you need to get out there.

We have a big deal in the works with HauntedHouse.com where if you buy a side bar banner they will pay for 50% of your membership. Hauntedhouse.com and Hauntworld.com will be offering discounts exclusive to HHA members.

There is a deal in the works to supply HHA members with subscriptions to both Hauntworld and Haunted Attraction Magazine in addition to TAP magazine.

As you know the NATIONAL PR efforts will be connected to HHA EXCLUSIVE! If you are a member your haunt will be listed on the HHA website, instead of say being one of 30 in Texas you'll probably be one of three. Through our efforts to promote HHA to the national media your haunts will grab the media attention in your local markets.

HHA will have a booth at Transworld, and we will have a meeting our first ever at Transworld.

HHA is working or should say looking into NATIONAL HEALTH CARE for haunt owners and their employees.

HHA is the official sponsor of The Darkness and Columbia Haunt Tours. The Darkness will hold a benefit party for HHA on Saturday at the Darkness which will include some sort of auction. Major vendors like Scarefactory, Unit 70, Rogues Hollow and many more have already donated item.

I'm sure there is more updates to come so stay tuned and please support HHA and support your industry.

Larry

Raycliff Manor
01-17-2009, 11:57 AM
Larry,

I just posted an agenda item suggestion for the first official HHA meeting in the new "HHA News and Updates" forum at http://www.hauntworld.com/haunted_house_forums/showthread.php?t=7209

Kel

By the way, Group Health Insurance has always been at the top of my list of things I'd like to see made available to the haunted attraction industry and association members! Way to go!

MDKing
01-17-2009, 07:21 PM
Kel,

We have already received 23 or so questionnaires for the Healthcare so far, I'm aiming for 50 to start submitting so start emailing me ASAP and I'll send you the questionnaire, it's very brief and it does not mean you are in at this point but it will help us for getting the interest from the providers....

The HHA is doing this for YOU the haunters out there that want to take their passion for their attraction to the next level!!!

Email me today at allan@bennettscurse.com

Thanks to all of you who have emailed me so far!

Allan

Raycliff Manor
01-18-2009, 01:19 PM
Thanks Allan! You should have gotten my submission already. Thanks again!

Kel