PDA

View Full Version : I need rolls of cheesecloth, help please!

Dr Spooktakular
01-13-2009, 11:51 AM
I need a roll of cheesecloth or cheesecloth type materials, any suggestions or possible products/vendors?

elowther
01-13-2009, 11:55 AM
I use these guys.

http://www.ercwipe.com/cheesecloth.html

Great service and pricing.

Good luck,

Eric

Dr Spooktakular
01-13-2009, 11:58 AM
Thanks Eric, what grade of cloth do you use? I will be using inside on walls and hanging from the ceiling.

elowther
01-13-2009, 12:31 PM
I called them and explained what I needed it for and that I wanted the cheapest stuff they have. The woman was very helpful and went through the different grades and prices. One of the grades is actually recommended for Halloween use. I can't remember off the top of my head, now it is in their computer and I order two boxes of it every year, I think it's grade 10. Around $40.00 each. They also have it in big rolls.

I would just call them and tell them how many square feet you need to cover and exactly what you are using it for.

I'm sure you would have to dip it in fire retardant if it is to be used inside an enclosed room. I used it for my huge ghost.

Let us know how it turns out.

Eric

Tom
01-13-2009, 08:15 PM
Wal-Mart sells it pretty cheap. At least some of them do. I bought my cheese cloth at Wal-mart several years ago.

BruiseMuse
01-14-2009, 06:56 AM
Pat Catans and Michales crafts stores also often have it really cheap andthey often have colors too (I picked up some black, grey, and dark purple last year).

Banshee
01-14-2009, 08:29 AM
Thanks for that link..I'm always looking for suppliers too...I used to get it at Walmart, but they have phased the large boxes/per yd. out here..said that they didn't sell enough, but they still have the little packages of it.
I'll check my Michael's & see what they have..
Never seen it in colors!!

Gore Galore
01-14-2009, 09:24 AM
Please drop me an email and I can put together a price.
info@gore-galore.com I can get rolls of cheesecloth.
These are 500 yard rolls.

BruiseMuse
01-14-2009, 10:13 AM
Banshee,
They tend to carry colors to go with the seasons too. So in the fall there are oranges, browns, and purples. At christmas time there is red and green. It can add a nice effect by mixing the different shades wit hthe traditional white.