PDA

View Full Version : Haunted House Room Ideas?

ChrisW142
01-17-2009, 12:46 PM
Anyone have a good idea for a last section of a haunted house?
So Far We Have

Corn Maze
Slaughter House
Fun House
Alien Quarantine

Thanks for your help

Allen H
01-17-2009, 02:29 PM
Chris,
The traditional finale is the chainsaw area, Normally a well decorated area with a clear exit and once the group starts heading that way out pops the man with a chainsaw to help them along.
I dont use chainsaws in my show, so I normally finish with a sparkwand or a stilt monster to get them going, I also like to have more than one actor in the last room as it is what leaves a good taste in their mouths.
It may also be a simple matter of finding your most over the top Actor and moving him to the final position so he can scare them at the end.
Good luck,
Allen H

Jim Warfield
01-17-2009, 10:42 PM
"Attack Of The Alien Corn!"
Have really big, slimey corn, birthing fungus creatures (just like real corn does!)
It could be very educational.
Chase them out with my new product an aerosol can of "Instant Chainsaw"!!!

ChrisW142
01-18-2009, 11:46 AM
We think we might make the last section a section a jail with famous horror movie characters like Jason and Freddy.

Does anyone else have anymore ideas?

tchaunt
01-18-2009, 11:55 AM
What is the overall theme of your haunt? Or do you have one?

ChrisW142
01-18-2009, 06:12 PM
What is the overall theme of your haunt? Or do you have one?

We dont really have an overall theme just 4 different sections each year. Last year we had a slaughterhouse, graveyard, clown asylum, and a jail. This year we have the 3 I listed above and the fourth is the one we havnt thought of yet.

Waken
01-19-2009, 12:12 PM
How bout a haunted doll room...Thats scary. Need some dolls? Come see us at

Transworld, Booth #823.

Now back to your regularly scheduled forum thread.

tchaunt
01-19-2009, 12:34 PM
Building on the Haunted Doll Room idea:

Just go to your local Goodwill store, flea market, or consignment shop. Buy any plastic dolls you can find. Now, find your collection of saws, hammers, chains, twine, make-up, and latex based paint. You could also use a hot glue gun. Now, contort the lovely lil' dollies into demons from every child's nightmares. Go crazy with it. Don't show any mercy. Now place them around the room.

If you want to expand the idea into multiple rooms, you can have a basic theme of Demented Children. That could give you some more ideas.

Torture Chamber:
Have stuffed animals hanging from the ceiling by nooses.
Have a little kid sitting on a bed stabbing a toy while laughing wickedly. Then, when guests walk by, the kid can look up, grin evilly, then chase them with the plastic weapon.

Toy Room:
Have a demented Jack in the Box. Have two younger children playing catch with a head. A very common thing to do is have alphabet blocks that spell not-so-lovely words and sayings. Maybe use this scene as a transition scene (to let customers drop their guard).

robos99
01-19-2009, 12:38 PM
"Attack Of The Alien Corn!"
Have really big, slimey corn, birthing fungus creatures (just like real corn does!)
It could be very educational.
Chase them out with my new product an aerosol can of "Instant Chainsaw"!!!

Perhaps the alien corn could be wielding chainsaws? Or maybe the chain is made of many miniature ears of corn. Although I do like the sound of that instant chainsaw spray can. But is it CFC free? Hmm, would the chainsaw spray merely appear to be a chainsaw or will this spray actually cut through things? That'd be good for construction....not so good for spraying near people. Better put up a sign "Warning, real chainsaws in use. Safety glasses recommended"