PDA

View Full Version : Vortex/Spinning Tunnel

graystone
01-24-2009, 09:59 AM
Anyone got one they don't need? I am not for sure if I will even use it this season so I don't think I need a new one. However I don't need a POS either. So anyone got a good used one for sale? Or a new one at one Hell of a price LOL and yes I know what a new one cost! Shane and its let me hear from you Shane this time!

Jim Warfield
01-24-2009, 11:32 AM
If alot of time passes and nobody wants to do business with you....? Then it must be they are telling you to "Sit & Spin"?
How's that motor turning?

oakhillshaunterTHEFEAR
01-24-2009, 04:05 PM
there is a new one for 7000 at gem productions if thats in your price range if you need lower I'll keep looking for you.

SomeThingInTheIce
01-24-2009, 09:38 PM
I have one that has only been used two seasons, only 28 hours. I got a hell of a deal on it, got it new for $4,000.00 and will let it go for $3,00.00. Pick up only (Hawthorne, Florida) I will not ship it. Can have it set up when you get here so you can see it run and then will help take it down and load into your truck. I will get some pics up if you think you want it. I would keep it but we are going to make a trailer haunt and I can't see using the vortex with the trailer haunt. The tunnel was made by Joe Manzo spinningtunnel.com it is all steel, he makes a damn good vortex.

xtremecreator
01-25-2009, 07:33 AM
If Shane doe not want it. Ill tke it!!! Any Pics?

Thanks, John

spookhaven
01-25-2009, 08:17 AM
How big is it and can you get us some pictures?

SomeThingInTheIce
01-25-2009, 08:25 AM
Here is a pic, I am going to set it up and take some good picks, close ups ect. Should have them up by next weekend.

SomeThingInTheIce
01-25-2009, 08:30 AM
It is a 20' long tunnel and has 10' rings, the whole thing is steel with a wood deck on the bridge. It is built to last, Joe makes a great tunnel. These two pics are not very good, so let me set it up and take some good ones that will show the who;e thing top to bottom.

graystone
01-25-2009, 08:34 AM
Good take several and some close ups. Shane

xtremecreator
01-26-2009, 06:11 AM
Shane,
Do you want this tunnel? If not ,I would like a shot at it.

Thanks, John

stafford
01-27-2009, 09:03 AM
I have not seen spinningtunnel.com's tunnel up close, I have seen others, and I would recommend GEP's vortex based on what I have seen, there are definitely some other companies out there that I would not recommend. Especially the ones who hide all their mechanics when they display their product.

Without seeing the one from spinningtunnel.com, if I were to buy one, it would be a Vortex from GEP.

We have manufactured ours ourself, (my partner knows more about the ins and outs then I do), had the rings turned and fabricated locally. When all was said and done I know it cost us significantly less than any we could have purchased, and I believe it is manufactured better than some of the one being made to sell by other companies.

If anyone is building their own, and wants any tips I could give you his email address.

Chris

Dark Attraction
01-27-2009, 09:12 PM
Our tunnels are built to last using an all steel structure and high-quality components. I have seen others made of wood... which might be fine for a home-built unit on a budget, but, imho won't hold up in the long run.

We make improvements to our design every year. Last year, we made huge changes to the design, so the cradle now has different wheels and a different motor than the one in the photos posted by SomethingInTheIce. We also have a more robust, 2-wheel drive system.

We also have the lowest deck height of any manufacturer. The tunnel shown is about 12", our design from last year was 10" and this year, it will be 8"! That means you can be ADA compliant with only 8 feet of ramp at the entrance and egress.

We also now use 1,500 lb rated polyurethane wheels as well as improved tracking wheels.

I will sell a brand new tunnel to anyone interested for last year's price of $6,665 for a limited time. I might be able to work a deal on this year's prototype as well.

www.spinningtunnel.com

stafford
01-27-2009, 09:26 PM
Nice to see a vendor take pride in their product, hope you didn't think I was doggin on you at all, like I said, I've never seen one of yours.

However, we agree totally. Why would anyone make one out of wood? I don't get it, other than it's just cheap.

Impressive on the deck height, how long of a span can you keep it that low?

Chris

Dark Attraction
01-28-2009, 09:48 PM
Our standard tunnel is 20' long. We could theoretically go as long as 30' long with a 10' diameter tunnel and still have an 8" deck height. This, however, would be very expensive. Anything over 20', you are better off going with multiple tunnels.

Here are 2 tunnels back to back, from 2008:

http://www.ultimatenightmares.com/vortex/images/doubletunnel01.jpg

http://www.ultimatenightmares.com/vortex/images/doubletunnel02.jpg

drfrightner
01-29-2009, 03:56 AM
Very nice looking tunnel there Joe!!! Good work!

Larry

Loud &twisted
01-29-2009, 11:08 AM
Very nice crafsmanship. Have you thought of building a tunnel that the first 10' was spinning right handed and then the next 10' spinning left handed? I am curious because I have been thinking of building something like this.

MeyerPointManor
02-10-2009, 03:36 PM
Very impressive Joe! Nice craftsmanship.
I was thinking about the gap between the two tunnels and was wondering if anyone has taken advantage of it. Like hiding an actor there!

Speculo
02-10-2009, 09:11 PM
Joe does great work! We don't have a standard tunnel from him but we do have several other custom tunnel like big effects he made and they are very cool.

Thanks!

Karl Fields
02-12-2009, 02:03 PM
We have both a GEP Vortex Tunnel and Dark Attraction's Spinning Tunnel. You can't really go wrong with either one. Kind of hard to imagine, but they are very different in construction from each other. Both have their strengths and weaknesses, but either one is a fine addition.

steve
02-12-2009, 08:10 PM
I have had one of Joe's oldest vortex models for going on SEVEN years now. Compared to the ones he offers now, mine looks like it was made it the stone age... but you know what? It still, TO THIS DAY, runs and looks GREAT! I have always stood by Joe's vortex products, the work and pride he puts into them shows. Like I said, mine has been running for almost seven years now, which would be, by my book , about 600 or more hours of continuous use, and every year, she runs like a charm. Joe's tunnels are great, and for the price, you cant beat it!

Nightgore
02-13-2009, 09:19 AM
Joe,

Are you going to be at Transworld? We're looking to pick one up at the show! -Tyler

Dark Attraction
03-07-2009, 08:58 AM
Just wanted to let everyone know that HHA members can now receive a $500 discount on a spinning tunnel.

www.spinningtunnel.com

Ken Spriggs
03-09-2009, 08:37 AM
We have wooden rings.......never have had an issue and it has been in operation for 10 years now.

We got it from Rich and Shawn at Extreme scream......or the ticket company Scream Pass.

Dark Attraction
05-22-2009, 08:20 PM
We are now offering a free bargrating ("see-through") type floor upgrade.

This offer is good for a limited time!

Check out www.spinningtunnel.com