PDA

View Full Version : Photography in a Haunted House

NateTheGreat
01-26-2009, 03:35 PM
Does anyone take pictures of customers while inside the haunt during a scary part and then try to sell it to them afterwards like they do at theme parks? It's an interesting idea and I was just wondering if it is profitable or a stupid idea.

~NatetheGreat
Fearoverload.com

Jim Warfield
01-26-2009, 05:43 PM
You have the cost of the equiptment, then someone has to be hired to run the equiptment and maybe another person to attempt to sell those pictures. After figuring the costs...?
Will there be a profit? I would be tempted to hire two more employees to work in the haunted house providing more scarey fun or providing more security.
Some potential sales might be ruined because many people don't look like themselves when their expression is contorted by abject fear. (They might look "Ugly" too!)
I could see a market booming though if their friends could buy those pictures, but this might not be legal.
I have heard of celebritys and people who thought they were getting very upset at theme parks about taking their picture on a ride.

oakhillshaunterTHEFEAR
01-26-2009, 05:45 PM
It depends on how long your whole experience is. If people come stand in in line go through your ONE haunt and then leave. They have no linger time. You NEED LINGER TIME. Once people have linger time they, they have time to think about all the things they could be spending their money on. Create linger time, create more possibilities.

RJ Productions
01-26-2009, 06:35 PM
I installed a new entry room last season where there is a line-up and a fake camera. The camera actually flashes as a distraction for a slam scare. At least 3 or 4 times a night I had people ask if they could "buy the pictures"...so maybe not a bad idea! It would have to digital to avoid printed unwanted pictures.

oakhillshaunterTHEFEAR
01-26-2009, 07:06 PM
well thats true. you do live in vegas and people go to vegas to spend money. To the fake camera was just a small sample of how much you might make off of this picture thing. Make sure you get the right program though and in digital format so it transfers nicely and can be viewed before printing. Oh and tell them(after they purchased the picture ofcourse) that its gonna take about 10 to 15 minutes so they have even more linger time to look at all the souveniers I'm sure you have.

Ken Spriggs
01-27-2009, 01:47 PM
We take every customers pic when they enter the house....green screen
When they depart they can buy their pic.

sharpshooter imaging is who does it for us.
They take care of everything and give us a percent

Nightgore
01-27-2009, 04:20 PM
Ken,

Do you have a link for this company? Thank you. -Tyler

oakhillshaunterTHEFEAR
01-27-2009, 07:17 PM
Heres the link. Looks pretty promising. And now I'm getting ideas.... Hmm. I think I want to add this into the budget.
http://www.sharpshooterimaging.com/

Ken Spriggs
01-28-2009, 08:57 AM
I guess you didn't read my entire post or didn't get what I said.
No need to budget
You give them a space to work with.....they take the pictures......they print EVERY picture even if they don't buy it. Kind of the thought of here is your pic....and hope they like the way it looks.

Mention us Dream Reapers
I don't know what their criteria is as far as attendance.....but call them and see what they can do.
We have done this for 2 years now......they are great to work with

Tyler?...... David Lucas | Midwest Region Manager
SharpShooter Imaging
11901 W 48th Ave | Wheat Ridge CO, 80033
cell 206.310.3753 | fax 312.527.2245

Tell the guy we gave you the info......he will treat you like crap then!!!! :)