PDA

View Full Version : New To Forum... looking for advise/ideas

ceracorey
01-29-2009, 12:13 PM
This past October was my first Haunt. I work for a recreational park and was put in charge of the Halloween event. Instead of having a "kiddie" party, I decided to make use of our wooded trail and have a haunted trail event.

This event was pretty successful for the first year. On a $400 budget I was able to make right under $3400 and had 911 guests charging $3 and $5.

I have visited many haunts and went off of ideas that I have seen and came up with a few of my own.

What I am looking for are ideas, advise, and good websites/stores to get props. My budget has been raised for this year, but still not a substantial amount to purchase animatronics. Something specifically I was wondering about was the bungee harness type item. To elaborate, the actor is up in the air on a platform and is then able to swoop down toward the guests and pop right back up.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Corey

Motograter
01-29-2009, 07:54 PM
welcome aboard!! I know what bungee harness you are thinking of but I just can't remember who sells it. A couple of good websites to check out
www.Unit70.com
www.Frightprops.com
www.Gore-Galore.com
www.Thehorrordome.com
www.Scarefactory.com
www.shipwreckproductions.com
www.Skeleton-Factory.com
www.oakislandproductions.com

N2SPOOKINU
01-29-2009, 09:01 PM
The name of the company you are looking for is studio tek. www.studiotekfx.com it's called the slingshot. Greg

ceracorey
01-30-2009, 10:26 AM
Thanks for the welcome and the sites Motograter and Greg. I knew somebody would know what I was talking about.

Corey