PDA

View Full Version : Earthquake

oakhillshaunterTHEFEAR
01-29-2009, 10:13 PM
Does anyone have a proven system or method to create an earthquake? Any info could help. And also if anyone knows of a haunt that actually utilizes this scare?

oakhillshaunterTHEFEAR
01-30-2009, 11:19 AM
I was thinking about using the Motion Platforms from Frightprops.com. Setting up a few of em and synchronizing them so they move around enough to create the feeling of an earthquake.

poison
01-30-2009, 01:54 PM
That and a TRANSDUCER. That will shake anything. Its on the FRIGHTPROPS website as well.

gadget-evilusions
01-30-2009, 02:26 PM
That's exactly what I was going to do a few years ago when our haunt was going to have a natural disaster room. I also designed some pneumatic mechanisms to collapse and fall a couple buildings that were to be built in the room. Essentially it would look like they were walking outside between a couple large buildings and they would collapse and fall towards them as the ground was shaking beneath them using a very large motion platform and bass transducers.

oakhillshaunterTHEFEAR
01-30-2009, 02:36 PM
Why haven't I heard of you guys yet. Santa Monica is about an hour from my place so I'll be meeting you eventually poison. By the way great audio bites.
Evil I've never heard of you until now either. Im in need of someone to set up my animotronics and air system, lighting systems, etc, and then teaching me the basics of maintanence and assembely. If thats something you might be interested in for a price, ofcourse, I'll be contacting you a few months from now. Thanks for you help guys.

Jim Warfield
01-30-2009, 11:10 PM
I was gunna do an effect where guys driving chariots chasing people walking would follow them into the ocean but the water would spread apart for the people walking, then the water collapses back together on the chariot guys, yah, i was gunna do that...
.....then I woke up and someone had peed my bed. Dam Moses! (Broken dam too!)