PDA

View Full Version : Transworld Haunted House Show Updates

drfrightner
02-05-2009, 03:12 PM
I guess this is a thread that should be started now that we are getting closer... heck with Darkness only updates! LOL

How is the show selling you might ask... well there are vendors you guys keep craving and many have signed on. As I hear who's signed up I will alert you. If someone gets an update place it here!!!

Lets keep everyone updated!

Here are some vendors who have signed on within the last few days...

Cinema Secrets they are signed seeled and delivered.

Dillon Importing they are signed on

Big Stuff the company that sells all those large fiberglass props are signed on ...

Gag Studios will have their stuff displayed through Charactors Unlimited who signed on.

Ahhh we finally signed on today: HauntWorld.com, Halloween Productions, Inc. and the Darkness Haunt Tour. Haunted House Association also signed on with two booths.

As you already know the website is www.HauntShow.com (http://www.HauntShow.com)

Darkness tour is www.TheDarkness.com (http://www.TheDarkness.com)

Columbia Haunt Tour www.columbiahaunttour.com (http://www.columbiahaunttour.com)

Larry

drfrightner
02-05-2009, 05:04 PM
Also I saw some people wondering about Brainstorm Studos.

Brainstorm Studios has taken a booth and will be at the show.

Larry

Front Yard Fright
02-05-2009, 06:17 PM
Any word on Unit 70?
I remember seeing a post saying they weren't going to make it... Has that changed at all?

graystone
02-05-2009, 06:40 PM
I talked to Brady the other day. They are working on new stuff for 2009 and working on a few orders. I am not a spokesperson for Unit70 but these guys stay busy. I would say its best to say they are not coming. Call them if you need anything they will hook you up. They really don't have the time to show they would rather be working. This should tell you they are an AWSOME COMPANY!

Speaking of TransWorld how many vendors is it up too last time I looked is was 50 or so. Lawd that is a longggggggggggg way off from 500. If I remember right thats about how many vendors they would say that would be there. Shane and its does anyone know if the vendor list has been updated yet? Shane this time.

Grimley
02-05-2009, 07:37 PM
I counted 65 so they better get busy. Not enough!!!

drfrightner
02-05-2009, 08:59 PM
You counted wrong my friend... 81 listed right now.

When you add the people who've confirmed but not yet listed like Cinema Secrets, Dillon Imports, Hauntworld, HHA, HPI, and a few others it is getting really close to 100.

You know Shane you always have to put a negative spin on everything. Either hte show is the wrong city, to you are not coming you are going on vacation, to now you are coming but you are doing a dinner on the same night of my lights on tour, to the economy is falling through the roof no one should buy anything, to now not knowing how to count past 50 and or claiming 50 is hardly 500 to putting words into peoples mouths like someone ever say 500 different vendors when NO ONE ever said that... what was said was the room can hold up to 500 booths not 500 vendors.

Look Shane whats your deal man? Do you would it make you happy if every single haunted house failed, every vendors you didn't like went down the tubes, my haunt tour blew up, or what? Whats the deal man why are you so negative about everything.

SO... for the record the show will end up with more than 100 different vendors in a 100,000 square foot haul. The goal is to sell out the haul... by the looks of it now it looks 2/3 sold out.

The seminars are going to be great... top flight haunters with awesome topics, knowledge and information. You have two haunt tours no make that three when you include both haunts in Columbia, and the HHA meeting and auction.

Sounds to me like a total success!

Larry

xxxdirk
02-05-2009, 09:02 PM
Have been to TW about 10 years including last year, but I never walked around and counted booths. Can anyone remind me of how many vendors were in the ghaunt show normally so we can start to get a grasp of how much bigger this one will be?

Thanx!!

Nightgore
02-05-2009, 09:07 PM
I know in 2007 the hauntshow had NOWHERE near 100 vendors... probably not even half that! So, this will be a good show with all new vendors... it's going be exciting! YAY! I can't wait. -Tyler

drfrightner
02-05-2009, 09:07 PM
Ron,

Last years haunters area was less than HALF of what they've sold already. This according to Transworld. They're excited! They continue to try and close more vendors daily. As we all know many haunt vendors will buy booths at the last second for money reasons. I know they are also trying to close on a few more IAAPA vendors and retail vendors.

Larry

xxxdirk
02-05-2009, 09:42 PM
Great! Although I would prefer it to still be in Chicago (Sorry, but Chi town is kinda like that old girlfriend you still love) I am REALLY hoping the show makes me forget all about the windy city!!

spookologist
02-06-2009, 12:03 AM
I think everybody that is sitting on the fence needs to be at this show. All vendors should have some sort of presence there. It's finally our chance to be on our own and not be under the umbrella of the other shows. Haunted attractions in the nation are thriving right now and are the ones who are helping prolong the Halloween season. Its our time to shine and show everyone we are a force in the marketplace and a viable industry. So all you haunters and vendors sitting on the fence, for the sake of the haunt industry support this show. At least give it a chance, if it sucks then go somewhere else next year but if you are a haunter its YOUR show. Make it right.

Just my thoughts ;)

Wayne
www.trailofterror.com

kpolley
02-06-2009, 08:35 AM
Not that I really want to get involved in this but I will say I think Spookologist is absolutely right! This is no time to cut of our own nose to spite our face. We have a great oppurtunity, as an industry, to take this show and make something great out of it. We all need to work together toward that goal.

Gore Galore
02-06-2009, 09:01 AM
I can't speak for any other vendor or buyer, but I will speak for myself and my company as a vendor.
If you want to see the best products we at Gore Galore have ever developed first hand then you will be at www.hauntshow.com in St Louis.
We know the economy is looking rough, but we at Gore Galore are working our hardest to earn your hard earned dollar.
So, we have not only developed more costumes in a single year than ever before, We have also developed a new technique of using our costumes without an actor having to actually wear it.
I am not going to give anymore away than that because I am so excited by the developement of this system.
But I think you need to see this system in person to really understand how much this will change the way your actors can work, and how much easier it will make it on your actors. No more whining about comfort or weight, and it doesn't require electric or air to power it. 100% actor powered.

The great thing about this idea is it came out of brainstorming with several Haunt owners, so thank you for your time and ideas as always gentlemen.

poison
02-06-2009, 10:09 AM
Sound Great Kevin! Im excited to see your NEW costumes as well!
I too have been crazy busy developing NEW Animations and am excited to show them at TRANSWORLD.
Last count was 23 NEW Props.

graystone
02-06-2009, 12:11 PM
Looks like you got some great looking products going on man. Look forward to seeing yours as well. Shane

drfrightner
02-06-2009, 01:01 PM
I agree 110% with my buddy Wayne, the voice of reason!!! Great comments Wayne.

Based on the information I have this show is at nearly 100 vendors. I'm almost 110% positive that Morris is going to take a booth. Once I know 111% I will let you know.

Everyone needs to call Unit 70 and TELL HIM TO SHOW UP! That might help! This threads intention and purpose is to report positive updates about Transworld as you or I or Transworld has them to report.

Anymore negative comments about this show will be removed... this is OUR show now and we can allow it to be destroyed from the inside out!

This is too important to allow that to happen again. If people have questions like ... how many vendors is it up to, ask away I will try and find out for you!

Larry

damon carson
02-06-2009, 01:12 PM
I had a few ?'s Larry I hope maybe you might know the answer. I noticed a few vendors that I usually purchase from and look forward to seeing every year but there not listed. Gag Studios is the main one. Do you know if they are coming? Also Morbid or are they more on the retail side now? And is Abracadaver having a booth? Also has anyone heard if Haunted Enterprises is bringing the old Little Spider line back from the grave for this years show?
Thanks,
Damon

drfrightner
02-06-2009, 01:18 PM
I already mentioned that Gag is coming sorta through Characters Unlimited. So yes Gag will be there through this booth. Haunted Enterprises has a pretty big booth but I don't know anything about bringing back Little Spiders line. I know Little Spider still exisits they were at IAAPA show a while back.

Larry

Dr Spooktakular
02-06-2009, 01:35 PM
Haunted Enterprises had some products at Hauntcon in Houston that they said came from the old Little Spider line. I believe it was Kenny that told us they purchased the molds or something from Little Spider and they would be selling some products. We purchased a gorilla head and rhino head on a plaque that we were told were little spider stuff. They were cool and for the price, wow, they were a real deal for an excellent product. As big as their booth appears on the TW floor map, one might assume that they are bringing some new products that will probably include Little Spider stuff.

Dr Spooktakular
02-06-2009, 01:43 PM
This post is constructive criticism and not intended to be negative. I hope that in 2010, no matter where the show is, that TW puts more energy and effort into a decent website. This year as in the past, they very rarley update anything and their map is NOT user friendly. The website that the HPE show has is user friendly and updated regularly. More care and effort in a professional website that nearly every haunter that comes here looks at needs to be improved. Many people decide about whether or not to come to the TW show just by looking at the TW website to see what vendors are coming and how big their booths are. I know HPE competes with TW, but look at their floor plan and all its features, I think TW would get less hassle and fewer questions, etc... if the website was better. Anyway, again, this was meant as constructive.

drfrightner
02-07-2009, 01:34 AM
Dr. Spook,

I think your comments are not negative at all.. in fact I think they are constructive. When people tell me what they don't like about the magazine in a constructive way like you did I'm fine with it. You are pointing out something that can only hlep them down the road.

They need this type of info!

Lastly, for those who check out the floor plan looks like Cinema Secrets, Dillon and a few other companies are NOW listed on the floor plan.

So it is being updated.

I know our companies are not yet listed but I'm sure we will be soon!

Larry

drfrightner
02-13-2009, 04:54 PM
It appears that Transworld has updated the www.HauntShow.com (http://www.HauntShow.com) website and floor plan. I counted about 95 vendors now so looking good there.

I know several people are adding more booths, and others are lowering booths, and other vendors still have no purchased booths yet.

I'm sure you'll see a flurry of sign ups over the next 4 weeks.

But check out the vendor list it just keeps growing. It will end up over 100 that is for sure!

Larry

brad
02-13-2009, 05:40 PM
man i cant wait to finally make it to TW this year! I missed out last year, and with 100 or so vendors this year, this is gonna be great.

just about 6 weeks to go now......

drfrightner
02-13-2009, 05:48 PM
This just in OVER 3,000 people including major theme park like Universal have registered for the show. That is a ton of people wouldn't you say.

I also found out that Oak Island has split up into two different companies.

You'll see on the floor plan a smaller Oak Island booth but the other company around them is a new company run by Frank or something or other.

Larry

drfrightner
02-18-2009, 01:04 PM
This news just in... Morris Costumes will be taking booths at the show!!!

Larry

Nightgore
02-18-2009, 01:16 PM
Morris? WOW! The floorplan is really filling up now... I'm really excited! YAY! -Tyler

drfrightner
02-18-2009, 04:19 PM
I know more vendors are going to come in at the last minute, but I also know vendors who are going to scale down their booth space. So I don't know much much its going up or down. Transworld also said they're leaving the whole back side open for an inflatable section so I hope that comes off...

They are UP and OVER 100 VENDORS NOW... so there is NO question that this is the biggest collection of vendors for a haunt show not to mention the biggest floor plan as well even if it doesn't sell out.

The goal has to be to continue this direction and continue to GROW the show beyond the vendors listed here, and beyond the buyers who plan to come. We need the best ATTRACTION SHOW EVER!

Larry

robert
02-19-2009, 12:59 AM
I agree with Wayne that every vendor possible should show up even if it's a single booth with just a brochure, photos, maybe a product video and perhaps one representative prop (that's easily transported). Just as a jesture to say that they support the industry and stay fresh in the minds of the buyers. Even vendors like Unit 70 would be able to handle that. What's the word on Sunstar? People seem to get a lot of milage out of their stuff.

drfrightner
02-19-2009, 01:23 AM
I just heard another blast from the past who's coming... Robert McBroom will have a booth at the show. I don't think he bought the booth yet but is in the process. As most of you know he didn't have a booth last year but will this year. More good news!

Larry