PDA

View Full Version : Wanted, Airbrush Kit

Raycliff Manor
02-05-2009, 08:09 PM
Hi all! In my spare time (yeah, right!) I'm planning to finally dig in and get my feet wet in air-brush makeup application. I've gotten a couple of great recommendations on a new air-brush makeup system; however, I thought I'd put out a message here in case anyone has upgraded to a larger or better system and they have one they want to sell.

What I'm looking for is the whole kit, including compressor, with a single air-brush gun. If anyone has a good used kit, preferably Iwata, please email me at info@eurekascreams.com with info and/or pictures and what you are asking. Thanks!:)

Kel

spookhaven
02-09-2009, 10:30 PM
Kelly:

Did you find a used system? How big do you need? We have a dealership to open with them and will sell it at cost to help with the opening order through Iwata. We have a used system that is fine but we want something larger and to carry in our store.

Raycliff Manor
02-10-2009, 08:02 AM
I haven't located a used system, but I've had lots of recommendations for a good new system. Iwata seems to be the favorite. I sent you a PM though, I'm interested in learning more about the used airbrush system you have for sale. Thanks!

Kel

xtremecreator
02-10-2009, 09:35 AM
I have been airbrushing since I was 14. I am now 45. most air brushes today will work just fine. The main thing I would suggest is that for you to get a double action air brush. This is easier for you to use because you have two actions you can control with 1 finger. You also need a brush that you can change colors quick. You should be able to get multiple jars of each color and be able to switch colors quickly. Do not get a brush that has a fixed/permanent paint cup. You would have to empty it then clean it..... then put a new color in.

Good luck!

John

George Maser
02-20-2009, 10:43 PM
I have a "something-2000" we bought it a transworld several years ago. It has one gun and with a flick of the switch changes between six colors. Works great. New $1,000 + acouple of hundred dollars worth of paint and templates. Sell for $500. George Maser 864-761-7223l

Matt Marich
02-21-2009, 08:16 AM
Keep your eye on Make-up Artist Magazine, they have the good stuff!