PDA

View Full Version : Need Your Help... Gift Store

drfrightner
02-06-2009, 12:53 AM
We are creating a gift store inside the Darkness. What should I sell with my logo on it? And any leads on the best place to get the best prices on making the stuff?

I already am going to do the t-shirts, and all of that... what else do you suggest? What has worked for you in the past?

Larry

Motograter
02-06-2009, 01:02 AM
Hey Larry I've always thought that shot glasses with a haunt logo on it would be cool to sell. I'd buy one since I collect shot glasses.

phreakout
02-06-2009, 03:54 AM
perhaps some postcards or mini posters of the main monsters?

Nightgore
02-06-2009, 04:00 AM
Shirts, Hoodies/Sweaters, Beanies, shot glasses, glow/light up products, graphic tees... and of course having different styles of everything. -Tyler

PS: I've attached some pics of a haunt gift shop that had a very nice set-up... notice the coffin shaped display cases!

Smiley
02-06-2009, 05:22 AM
PS: I've attached some pics of a haunt gift shop that had a very nice set-up... notice the coffin shaped display cases!

If I may borrow the expression, DAAAAAMN!

Kallie
02-06-2009, 05:34 AM
Disk Stickers with logo or something that shows your haunt adventure.

Same size disk chocolates on little chocolate sticks. You get people that make chocolate forms. Your logo or picture on stickers can also be made on this chocolates. These can also be made in different colour chocolates.

Colouring book with some pages of the characters and insides of the house.

Signed photo's of the crew, main characters etc.

Candyfloss and popcorn.

Little booklet "How to setup your own Haunted House"

BruiseMuse
02-06-2009, 07:26 AM
Definitely carry t-shirts for women (babydolls, tank tops, etc).

Postcards or prints are another great item, especially since you have so much that would make a great photo keepsake.

Terrorknight
02-06-2009, 08:16 AM
Shot glasses are always good like Motograter said and they are cheap and people love to collect them. Also beer glasses kinda run in that same line, your sports / haunt guys will pick one up because they'll use it a lot. In the past we had good luck with travel mugs, pencils for the kids, stickers, temp tats, posters and post cards. I still have my first haunt poster I got when I went to Terror on Church Street about 16 years ago. But I think the glass are a big one a lot of people collect them and look all the big chains carry them Dave and Busters , Hard Rock , Theme Parks, and zoo's any place like that, some people won't put out the $15.00 plus for shirts or hoodies but will spend $3 to $8 ish on a shot or beer glass.

Boni
02-06-2009, 09:06 AM
Baseball caps, great advertising with logo on front.

You might do a series of t-shirts dedicated to the different signature monsters inside with the Darkness logo on back, monster on front.

Slogans - "Even my boyfriend doesn't make me scream like THE DARKNESS"

"I like it in THE DARKNESS"

"Are you afraid of THE DARKNESS"

damon carson
02-06-2009, 12:46 PM
Hoodies! What haunter doesnt like a black hoodie?!
Damon

SomeThingInTheIce
02-06-2009, 01:01 PM
Golf balls with your logo? You may want to put some high end stuff or collectables, stuff that has been autographed by horror icons. How about copys and back copys of HauntWorld, DVDs, A HauntWorld or Darkness beach towel, HauntWord jewlary.

Jim Warfield
02-06-2009, 06:51 PM
As I was sorting and checking the new Ravens Grin tees I had the idea of at least one custom tee for display, I know I wouldn't sell many but how about a tee for a two-headed person?
Maybe I had this idea already in my brain because I just got done making a two-headed manniquin to wear the new tee?
Junk manniquin parts go together slow and with more work but the results look really Wacky!
(Kind of gets your attention!)
The very narrow hips, the green reptillian mini-skirt and all this finishes at about six foot tall with the two big heads, a couple of different "Jason" full-head busts my neighbor Jeremy Bohr gave me.