PDA

View Full Version : Kentucky's Biggest Haunt Set To Open in 2009!

Nightgore
02-09-2009, 02:13 PM
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

This Halloween Season

Haunted House Creators from around the Country Brings Lexington

50,000 Square Feet of Thrills and Chills.

The Screampark comes to Lexington providing an all-new, never-before-seen brand of terror!

Lexington, KY., (PRWEB), September 18, 2008 – Every fall, up springs a large array of haunted attractions across the country. The newest and latest of these attractions is The Screampark in Lexington, KY.

The Screampark is bringing the best haunted attraction creators from around the country to bring an all-new level of fear never-before-seen in Kentucky. The Screampark will feature Hollywood style sets, sophisticated props and animatronics, the most intense actors, and high-tech scares that is sure to make you run away screaming!

Once opened, The Screampark will be Kentucky’s LARGEST haunted event; consisting of three totally different haunted attractions all under one roof. These attractions include: Castle of Fear, Insanity and The Abyss. The Screampark will also feature interactive up-charge attractions, concessions, gifts/souvenirs, and so much more.

The Castle of Fear is a traditional, gothic themed castle where it’s once thriving townsfolk are now left to wonder the halls of the castle… forever! Castle of Fear also features a 3,000 square foot open graveyard complete with real tombstones, dirt, and plant life... even a 2,000 gallon pond. You will FEEL like you’re in a REAL graveyard.

Insanity is not a haunted attraction, it’s a CHAOS attraction; this just means that anything that can go wrong, is! Massive strobe lights, dense fog, never-ending chain link fence and illusions of horror just might make you go a little… insane. But be warned, the smell of burnt flesh might make your stomach turn!

The Abyss is exactly that… the unknown! Guest will travel into darkness only to find themselves trapped within their own mind, letting their real fears come out to play. This pitch-black haunted attraction is sure to play with your senses and you may never find your way out!

Disclaimer: The Screampark takes no responsibility for what happens to guests who disturb the "monsters" that dwell here.

Co-creator of the Screampark, Tyler Barnett, states that “Kentucky has NEVER seen this level of fear before… these types of attractions are new to this area and are setting a standard among the haunted attraction industry!” He also explains, “We’re going above and beyond the ‘norm’ for haunts in Lexington… we’re attacking all the senses with intense visuals, custom sound, realistic smells, so-on and so-on… it’s going to be very immersive! You’ve NEVER seen something like this!”

The Screampark opens to the public on Thursday September 24th, 2009. Tickets will go on sale 3 weeks prior to opening night and will be a very affordable $15 for the entire event!

For more information visit http://www.scarylexington.com or join the Screamparks myspace page at http://www.myspace.com/scarylexington

SomeThingInTheIce
02-09-2009, 02:21 PM
Very cool, 50,000 sq. feet is huge! Good luck NightGore, post some pics once you get started.

tchaunt
02-09-2009, 03:07 PM
Oh bloody hell! I know what my crew will be doing for this Halloween. I don't literally mean like my haunt crew (since that only consists of 6 people right now), but my band-geeks crew. You'll even have the honor to be the first person to scare me with their haunt. But I warn you, I will eventually be your competition. ;)

I can't wait to get into Insanity. It actually sounds like an idea I had for my "haunt".

badlander2000
02-09-2009, 03:08 PM
The Screampark sounds a lot like a larger Fright World. But, I'm sure it will be much better.

Nightgore
02-09-2009, 03:12 PM
Thanks for the comments guys... it's just a dream coming true for me!

Mike,

Frightworld is our exact model... I wouldn't say we are a "sister park"... but it's close! Ron and Jay, and crew, are coming down to help set-up the event, we're all very excited!

TCHAunt,

We look forward to you guys coming... I'm sure we'll all have a great time!

-Tyler

Raycliff Manor
02-09-2009, 03:23 PM
Very exciting news Tyler! I'll be looking forward to hearing more as this continues to evolve. It sounds like you are hitting the ground running in a HUGE way! Congratulations my friend!

Kel

Nightgore
02-09-2009, 03:27 PM
Kel, my friend, thanks for the kind words... and if I may say, you have NO IDEA how much of a help you've been with your books and posts! We're looking forward to taking your seminar at MHC and I'll def. keep you posted about the Screampark! -Tyler

playfx
02-09-2009, 03:37 PM
Looks good, We still on for Wed. lunch 2:00 o'clock, O'charleys.

Nightgore
02-09-2009, 03:37 PM
Mark,

Yeah, we're still on... can you give me a call? Thanks man!

Motograter
02-09-2009, 04:09 PM
Hey Nightgore, is it true that your only like 20 21?

Nightgore
02-09-2009, 04:15 PM
Yes, I'm 21! -Tyler

rwrussom
02-09-2009, 04:27 PM
Tyler -
We have all been witing for this for a while. It is time post some pics bother.

Motograter
Yes, I'm 21! -Tyler

Nice! and I thought I was the only one on here young who co-owns a haunt because I'm only 24. I just had to ask because someone told me. Congrats on the new haunt this year. Keep us updated with pixs!

graystone
Good luck with your Haunt I wish you a world of success. Shane

Nightgore
02-09-2009, 04:32 PM
Shane and Bill,

Thanks for the comments... Shane if your able to make it up here around late Summer/early fall... I'd be happy to show you around, I consider you almost family!

Randy,

Want a pic... maybe a teaser? I've attached one!

Thanks guys! -Tyler

PS: Steve from "Realm of Terror" is also a "young haunter"...

oakhillshaunterTHEFEAR
02-09-2009, 05:33 PM
Holy Cow Tyler I thought you were 30 or 40 like the rest of these old guys, no ofense. But hey If my guys have me fly to Kentucky this season Im gonna ask them if they'll let me get away one of the nights and I'll head to your place. Vincent This Time!

drfrightner
02-09-2009, 05:35 PM
Good luck Tyler! With your passion I'm sure it will be a huge success!

Larry

Nightgore
02-09-2009, 05:39 PM
Thanks for the comments guys... and Vince, you know your more than welcome to come! -Tyler

icandrawem2
02-09-2009, 05:50 PM
Tyler I know I dont know you but thats great man, congrats! I was once a "young haunter" as well so I know you must be super excited. Good luck this year!

hauntedhousenut
02-09-2009, 05:56 PM
God bless you and good luck with all your endeavors.

Darkangel
02-09-2009, 07:03 PM
That's awsome good for you. If you don't mind me asking, how does someone 21 years old get the coin to start up such a large show? When I was 21 I was in major debt for school, etc...It took years to pay off debt let alone make an investment.

In any event, best of luck!

Darkangel

Jonathan
02-09-2009, 08:11 PM
AllI can say Tyler is ABOUT TIME! I remember getting you and your woman into TW back in 07 I think when you were digging and digging to start one.

AllI can say, is you go man. You have been researching and investigating, prodding, and preparing for like 3 yrs at least I know of.

I am ready, expect me to come out there when it opens.

Jolly Pumpkin
02-09-2009, 08:29 PM
That's incredible. I'm really looking foward to it to say the least. I'll definately be checking it out this haunt season.

spookologist
02-10-2009, 12:03 AM
Good for you Tyler. You definitely have the passion to make it work. Keep the pictures coming.
Much luck to you!!!

Wayne
www.trailofterror.com

tchaunt
02-10-2009, 04:52 AM
post deleted
EDIT: [Sorry guys. I didn't mean to post this here. It was supposed to be a message to Tyler.]

Nightgore
02-10-2009, 07:22 AM
Thanks for the comments guys... I have been getting ready for this years for really close to 4 years now. But as far as actual planning and design with my business partner, it's been since June '08.

JJ,

Yeah man come on down! lol... You know we'd LOVE to have you down anytime, just shoot me a call or email let me know when your coming! Same to you Noah!

TC,

Check your PM box!

Again, thanks guys... this is all very exciting! -Tyler

Kevin Dells
02-10-2009, 07:25 AM
Congrads Tyler it's been a long time coming as i as well remember reading your postings long ago, this is a hard gig to pull off for anybody, if anything maybe you'll have a little more resiliency to the strenuous hours and drama haunts create.

If you need any advice with anything just ask, i specailize mostly in actor training and running make up departments of excesive size.(My past two crews were around 80+) so just the make up aspect of it is a nightmare in itself.

I am pretty good at everythingelse associated with it though.

Godspeed Son!

oakhillshaunterTHEFEAR
02-10-2009, 09:08 AM
Yea so whatever happened to Gina Davis? Huh? I mean she was pretty in her movies then bam she went missing. Oh Oh your asleep, AWWWWW I'll tell you in the mornin. Vincent This Time!

SpFXChic
02-10-2009, 11:33 AM
Congrats, Tyler! I'm so happy for you! It's been years in the making! Very happy that your dream is coming true! Seems like only yesterday you were asking for people to get you in to TW!

Keep us updated!

Best wishes for a fantastic opening year at Scream Park!

Nightgore
02-10-2009, 07:39 PM
Thanks for all the comments... we're all very excited about this season! Our website is being created as we speak by the awesome team at Redcrow designs... I will post a preview as soon as we get some stuff worked out!

Again, thanks for all the comments! -Tyler

oakhillshaunterTHEFEAR
02-10-2009, 09:35 PM
OMG finally. I can't wait to see a website from you. You have no idea how many times i clicked on a scary lexington link and just got a picture of a door. I can't wait to see the site! Vincent This Time!

Jim Warfield
02-11-2009, 01:33 AM
Slowly opens.....behind it...Darkness....then...the most terrifying thing.....it nows you too well...
it knows all about you and that thing that terrifies you to the marrow of your bones.
You must see this thing, maybe get to be able to identify it at a great distance so if you have to kill it at extreme range of available weaponry.
You smell it! It reeks of fear and hygenetic ignorance, light up this sarcophigus and his coffee table!
There it is!...It's!..It's! A mirror!

Nightgore
02-11-2009, 02:45 AM
Jim,

That actually... would be AWESOME!!! -Tyler

tchaunt
02-11-2009, 04:55 AM
Oh. That would completely explain why your website hated me. All I saw was the sign up for web ring (which you're supposed to leave bravenet's logo on) and the door. I though I was doing something wrong. XD

Nightgore
02-11-2009, 09:25 AM
Here's a little something extra for all my friends here on HW.com... I've attached a floorplan (very bare, nothing really) of our smallest attraction, The Abyss! Also, here's a 3D walkthrough of Abyss, Enjoy:

3q-BvksYCa4

The Abyss is a pitch-black attraction... so just think of walking through all that in total darkness and walking through material, feeling stuff all around you, etc. etc. etc.

-Tyler

tchaunt
02-11-2009, 02:38 PM
I feel so stupid. I was about to ask--well, nevermind. I'd be ashamed to admit the dumb question I was about to ask. The answer is very obvious.

Knowing my luck, I'll probably manage to get myself turned around the wrong way in the Abyss.

Mrs. ReDCroW
02-11-2009, 03:05 PM
Thanks for all the comments... we're all very excited about this season! Our website is being created as we speak by the awesome team at Redcrow designs... I will post a preview as soon as we get some stuff worked out!

Again, thanks for all the comments! -Tyler

WOOOT :grin: this will be awesome :)

hauntedhousenut
02-11-2009, 03:10 PM
Here's a little something extra for all my friends here on HW.com... I've attached a floorplan (very bare, nothing really) of our smallest attraction, The Abyss! Also, here's a 3D walkthrough of Abyss, Enjoy:

3q-BvksYCa4

The Abyss is a pitch-black attraction... so just think of walking through all that in total darkness and walking through material, feeling stuff all around you, etc. etc. etc.

-Tyler

No offense, but is that it? not much of anything.

tchaunt
02-11-2009, 03:15 PM
I'm sure there will be more. It's just not realistic to include everything. The poly count would be way too high to maintain a high FPS. In non-geek terms, putting in everything would A) Take a lot of time; B) It would make the PC which it was being created on run very slow; C) It's just not practical to include everything.

icandrawem2
02-11-2009, 08:12 PM
And sketchup can only do so much...its not a high-end 3d rendering platform, but its great in making quick models of mazes! Good job. (Assuming of course this was made with sketchup!)

Nightgore
02-11-2009, 08:17 PM
Nut,

We're not doing walkthroughs of the haunts with props, paint, etc. etc... just something to give us an idea of "flow". It will actually help aid us before we build a single wall. Also, granted this is our smallest attraction (1,347 sq. ft.) and will be pitch-black throughout! So yeah, you won't be seeing much!

Nate,

This was actually made in 3Ds Max... we scanned the layout from my paper, traced the lines, then used "extrude" to lift the walls! I'm glad you liked it!

TC,

What's your question... if so, PM me!

Thanks all. -Tyler

tchaunt
02-12-2009, 04:34 AM
Oh no. Don't worry about my question. I knew the answer even before I thought of the question. So....yeah. Don't worry about it. :)

Nightgore
02-12-2009, 07:09 AM
Another tease... Enjoy. -Tyler

oakhillshaunterTHEFEAR
02-12-2009, 07:54 AM
Vincent Want More Pictoore! Vincent This Time!

Nightgore
02-12-2009, 04:06 PM
Vince,

Good things come to those who wait! ;)... I love the enthusiasm though! -Tyler

tchaunt
02-12-2009, 04:09 PM
Ah man. :| I already saw that one in your profile. I got really excited when I saw the new post, but life-yet again- is mocking me. It still looks good. I'm assuming this is the entrance to castle of fear?

Nightgore
02-12-2009, 04:15 PM
No, this is the crypt... I think there's a pic of the facade in my profile, but if you want me to post that I will! -Tyler

tchaunt
02-12-2009, 04:35 PM
Oh. I just assumed by the order of the pics on your profile that it was the entry. But yeah, I think I saw the facade. It's the one with the demon thing on it isn't it?

Nightgore
02-13-2009, 09:11 AM
Hey guys,

OK... so we've had the crew over at Redcrow Designs busting their asses on our website and all I can say is... THIS IS THE BEST COMPANY TO WORK WITH!!! They've had the best customer service! As some people know I'm very hard to work with because I'm the worst critic and picky about what I like... I won't just take any website or product, it HAS to be the best; and I'll tell you right now that's what Redcrow Designs have given me!

So... here's just a TASTE of our website. Of course, effects will be added, pages added, content added, etc. etc. etc.... again, this is just a TASTE of the website!

I couldn't say more about how happy we are with Redcrow... it's just been one of the best companies to work with and I would reccommend them to anybody!

-Tyler

Mrs. ReDCroW
02-13-2009, 09:28 AM
Thanks Tyler, I'm blushing :)

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll56/fearthecuteness/RCDblush.jpg

LOL

*Alex*

mindtumor
02-13-2009, 09:52 AM
So you already have your main haunt constructed and up?

tchaunt
02-13-2009, 09:56 AM
Congratulations to the Redcrow Design Team. Y'all did a great job!

I really like the way the site looks.

MindWerxKMG
02-13-2009, 02:40 PM
Tyler, not trying to hijack the thread...

Several years ago when I was designing my haunt I too created a pre-viz in 3DS Max. I first played with a triangular grid based design and that is what is shown in the pre-viz. I ended up going with a 90 degree design.

Here is the pre-viz of the triangular based design. Can't find the 90 degree version.

euvWO7Srsv0

Nightgore
02-13-2009, 02:45 PM
Kevin,

That's REALLY good... nice pre-viz! It's kinda hard with the one we're working on, it being a pitch-black attraction! hahahaha... Thanks for sharing this man, awesome stuff! -Tyler

hauntedhousenut
02-13-2009, 03:17 PM
So you already have your main haunt constructed and up?

good question.

Nightgore
02-13-2009, 03:18 PM
Jared, did you get my PM? But to answer shortly... some sections, yes, some no! -Tyler

Nightgore
02-20-2009, 03:09 AM
Hey guys,

Here's an update on our 3D rendering of THE ABYSS... I've attached some pictures and here is a 3D overview of the attraction:

e1TTnhVur3k

Let me know what you all think!

-Tyler

tchaunt
02-20-2009, 04:55 AM
It looks like Abyss will come together good when you start working on it. I'm just wondering, by the door on the left in the first picture, why is there that "dead space" (I guess you can call it) to the left? What I'm talking about is that little dead end just to the left of the mentioned door.

Nightgore
02-20-2009, 08:55 AM
We're still working on the exit... we want to incorporate a claustraphobia tunnel at the end so we gave some "dead space" so we can move walls around and perfect the exit! Again, this isn't the final plan! hahahaha... Thanks for the question though! -Tyler