PDA

View Full Version : Who is going to see Friday the 13th Tonight?

graystone
02-13-2009, 04:49 PM
I am taking around 50 staff and actors from Graystone Manor tonight! We are attending the 7:15 showing!! Shane and its Crystal Lake! Shane this time.

hauntedhousenut
02-13-2009, 04:53 PM
Your people are lucky to have you.

as far as me going not tonight, NO! as it would be bad luck to see it tonight.

Howie Slobber Erlich
02-13-2009, 04:53 PM
Happy F13. I went to see it this afternoon. I did not have much hope for this being a good movie since I have not liked most sequals or remakes. I must admit although not very scary, It was a pretty good movie. A good mix of humor and a pretty wicked Jason. This is not a remake in any way. I would give it a 7.5 out of 10.

Howie "Slobber" Erlich
Deadly Intentions Haunted House
www.deadlyintentionshaunt.com

Nightgore
02-13-2009, 05:05 PM
I'm going at 7! I'm excited.. -Tyler

SomeThingInTheIce
02-13-2009, 05:17 PM
I went, see my post or wait so as not to give anything away.

graystone
02-13-2009, 05:46 PM
Thanks Nut, But actually I am the lucky one! I have a group that loves me as much as I love them. Without them I dont think I would or could do this huge undertaking. Shane and its I am so thankful for my crew and staff! Shane this time.

Haunted Nashville
02-13-2009, 06:10 PM
7:10 showing here.

Jonathan
02-13-2009, 06:26 PM
I just posted the new Rotting Flesh RAdio for the week...All Friday the 13th meets Bloody Valentine mix....now I'm with the kids and then....

on to the 9:30pm Showing of the film. w00t!

xxxdirk
02-13-2009, 07:12 PM
About 15 of my crew are going tonight at 9:20

Darkblood
02-13-2009, 07:22 PM
Saw it at 5:20 here.
Good movie...I enjoyed it...
A lot of parts from 1-3 intertwined.
The only thing was it didn't have the 'atmosphere' of the other ones.
But I liked it.
I'll be buying it on DVD!

Kirk

Nightgore
02-13-2009, 08:22 PM
Just got back from it... and LOVED it! Classic! -Tyler

graystone
02-13-2009, 10:57 PM
Me of the classic! Stayed with blood, gore, and lots of tits! Just like the classic! Go see it its good! Shane and its anyone seen my mechattee. Shane this time!

xxxdirk
02-13-2009, 11:42 PM
Not the worst movie, but not the best either. Just really wish studios would come up with new ideas.

Smiley
02-13-2009, 11:53 PM
Well I loved it to death. Jason, the camp, the killings! I don't often see movies twice on the big screen, but perhaps I'll make an exception to this one. But maybe near the end of its screen time, because I bloody despise people in the theaters. Mr. Won't Shut Up About How "Hot" The Ladies Are, Mrs. Blinds People Behind Her With A Mega Bright Phone Screen, Mr. Can't Keep His Inner Commentary to Himself, and the twit who keeps saying "awwwwwwww sh******t!" every 5 seconds are not company I wish to spend time with again anytime soon. Wait, what was I talking about? Something about a movie?

drfrightner
02-14-2009, 08:03 AM
I guess I'll be in the minority here and say I didn't like this movie. I thought it was corny... they had a chance here to make something new and something original and avoid all the cliche of the typical 80's horror movie but they embraced all of them.

Even the ending was stupid and not anything close to reality. Without going into details how many times do we see people think they have killed the killer after the killer killing like everyone but then stick around to hang around leaning on each other reflecting on life itself giving the killer enough time to come again?

How many times do we see people in this movie do the exact opposite of what you are I would do or anything for that matter in the same situation.

Let me put this movie in context... you don't learn anything new here, no new twists, nothing about Jasons background is learned, the kills are nothing special and more or less this is just another Jason movie. You could have thrown this movie into the middle of the pack and called it Jason 8 and no one would have known the difference.

A couple cool tingsl... Jasons house, and his lair was kinda cool but really seemed to borrow from the other remake they did Texas Chainsaw Massacre, which in my opinion was must better done than this.

With this movie they tried to take part one, part two and part three and mix them together to make one movie. Jasons mother is in the movie a whole 2 seconds, and she was the whole reason for the first movie.

Look Im not sure how many of you saw all 11 parts or whatever like I have but if you have this movie is nothing special. If you haven't well its just a slasher movie that is not really scary, shows some people getting killed by an unstoppalbe monster.

Halloween was remade better.

Texas Chainsaw was remade better.

This is the worst of the bunch in my view.... was it terrible? Nah... it was just another Jason movie thats all. For all you die hard Jason fans I'm sure most would agree Jason X was cooler than this! Jason vs. Freddy was cooler than this... just wait for video.

That about wraps it up I think.

Larry

graystone
02-14-2009, 08:22 AM
LOL as they say a classic never dies. I myself like it when they keep with the origional. Sometimes when a remake is made you come out and think WTF was that all about. But to each their own.

As far as the Halloween remake I hated it with all the trailer park trash and the use of the GD word 5000 times it did it in for me. I know Jamie Lee Curtis would never go for that. Shane and its just my thoughts for the day. Shane this time.

drfrightner
02-14-2009, 08:37 AM
I totally agree Shane about the trailer park trash stuff... totally!

The reason Halloween was better is because it took us new places, it showed us a cooler Myers, it showed us where he came from and what it took to get there it was different. Halloween remake was not the original but it was atleat somewhat original where this new 13th movie was just another hack and slash.

This was a redo this was just another Jason movie they should have called this movie part 12 or whatever.

I rate this movie 6 out of 10.

Larry

stafford
02-14-2009, 11:15 AM
We had a group of 26 go see it last night (come on, you couldn't not go see this movie on Friday the 13th). I really enjoyed it, and the general consensus of the group was the same. I was actually glad they did it as kind of an homage movie to the old films, and didn't try to go in some totally different direction with it. I did expect to see more "over the top" kills, but I'm even kind of glad they didn't do that. Overall I thought it was a nostalgic romp through the old Jason slasher flicks, and kept in that style to introduce Jason to a new generation. It's funny, I think teenagers today know who Jason is (because of the hockey mask), but have probably never seen a film, until now.

I've stated before, I don't go into remakes expecting much, and am typically not disappointed when I keep that attitude.

I will agree with Larry, the Texas Chainsaw remake was better, Zombie's Halloween was better, but this one is definitely still worth checking out in my opinion. Seemed like people were coming out of the theater with a smile, so at least everyone had a good time. I checked metacritic (after seeing the film) and the reveiws from the critics were generally negative (no surprise here) but the user reviews were 8.1 out of 10, I can agree with the users assesments, that's about what I would give it.

Switching gears, here's one I'm really concerned with, Zombies new Halloween 2. I've already said I enjoyed his Halloween remake, but here's what's making me nervous about part 2. Zombie went from saying he wouldn't make a sequel, to agreeing to it, to writing a screenplay somewhere between the end of last year and now, to starting filming in a week or so, to releasing the movie on August 28th! Is it just me or does this project seem rushed and all about the $$$$$ As recently as last week they were still announcing actors that were signing on, to shoot in another week! I truly hope I'm wrong, but this looks like it's going to be a recipe for disaster.

Chris

mindtumor
02-14-2009, 02:24 PM
I totally agree Shane about the trailer park trash stuff... totally!

The reason Halloween was better is because it took us new places, it showed us a cooler Myers, it showed us where he came from and what it took to get there it was different. Halloween remake was not the original but it was atleat somewhat original where this new 13th movie was just another hack and slash.

This was a redo this was just another Jason movie they should have called this movie part 12 or whatever.

I rate this movie 6 out of 10.

Larry

Wow Larry gave a movie something other than a 1 or a 10, LOL!

tchaunt
02-14-2009, 02:30 PM
I pretty much knew the movie would suck (or at least not be good). Generally, when a movie is advertised as much as this one was, there's not much to it.
I didn't get to go see it though. At least I didn't waste another $20 on a bad movie.

Nightgore
02-14-2009, 02:36 PM
It wasn't a bad movie... it was really good! Or where you not old enough to go see it! LOL!! Just messin' with you man... -Tyler

Mike Honcho
02-14-2009, 03:35 PM
yeah I liked it .... gore, creepy setting and tits (nice healthy tits might I add ) its was classic jason for sure

oakhillshaunterTHEFEAR
02-14-2009, 03:36 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHA! SHutup. I haven't Seen It Yet. Vincent This Time!

tchaunt
02-14-2009, 03:36 PM
I can go see it if I wanted to (our theater has loop holes), I just figured it wasn't going to be very good. Since I'm saving money to bring my crew to your place, I didn't want to spend money on a movie I figured would be...not so good.
Also, could you PM me a list of some of the minor things you'll have at the scream park? I'm kind of wanting to know so I can figure out how much work I need to do.

stafford
02-15-2009, 09:34 AM
I guess the overall response was pretty positive, check this out from bloody disgusting.com

"Update: This is the best domestic opening day ever for an R-rated horror-slasher pic. I know many of you are sick of hearing about Jason Voorhees at this point, but come on, even if you didn't like the movie, it's still pretty awesome getting to see him on his feet again slaying at Camp Crystal Lake. This morning we just got our hands on the official "projected" box office numbers for this holiday weekend and was floored. According to reports, New Line Cinema's Friday the 13th reboot is set to make nearly $20m on Friday alone and estimated to bring in $60m over the four day holiday weekend. This has to be one of (if not the) biggest horror openings of all-time. It's pretty safe to say a sequel is on its way."

FYI, here are the highest grossing horror openings:

1. "The Grudge" 10/22/04
Opening weekend: $39,128,715 (All-time box office: $110,175,871)

2. "Freddy vs. Jason" 08/15/03
$36,428,066 ($82,217,464)

3. "Interview with the Vampire" 11/11/94
$36,389,705 ($105,264,608)

4. "The Ring Two" 03/18/05
$35,065,237 ($75,941,727)

5. "Scream 3" 02/04/00
$34,713,342 ($89,143,175)

6. "Saw III" 10/27/06
$33,610,319 ($80,238,724)

7. "The Haunting" 07/23/99
$33,435,140 ($91,240,529)

8. "Scream 2" 12/12/97
$32,926,342 ($101,363,301)

9. "Saw IV" 10/26/07
$31,756,764 ($63,300,095)

10. "Saw II" 10/28/05
$31,725,652 ($87,039,965)

brad
02-15-2009, 10:09 AM
Im finally coming home tonite after being out of town for a while. I missed out on seeing The Unborn, but hopefully I will get to see this tonite!

drfrightner
02-15-2009, 02:33 PM
Friday the 13th grossed 43 million for the whole weekend. I'm not surprised it grossed this much, Jason is an icon horror figure, they have promoted this as a redo and people love the redo...look at Batman, look Texas Chainsaw, and the list goes on and on.

In the end the amount the movie grossed doesn't mean its a good movie heck even Day the Earth Stood Still grossed 40 million plus opening weekend. I don't think it was a good movie, the acting was just horrible, and they really dropped the ball to re-invent Jason.

Again it was just another Jason movie, but this time it made a ton of money!!!! People want Jason back, and I'm sure it will spawn several more. I still think Jason X was awesome!!!! If you haven't seen Jason X and you like Jason see it, rent it whatever it was really awesome version.

Larry

graystone
02-15-2009, 03:24 PM
Larry you shocked me Jason X? That movie blowed worse that the cheap azz hookers in Vegas! Who wants to see Jason on a damn space ship that was the worst of them all for me. Shane and its are you serious Larry or just joking about Jason X. Shane this time.

Nightgore
02-15-2009, 03:42 PM
Jason X sucked more than Zombie Strippers! Think about that one! -Tyler

mindtumor
02-15-2009, 04:50 PM
Bottom line it was only an ok movie. I wouldn't pay to see it again. I have only seen a handful of horror movies I would consider to be good movies. Flat out the budgets on these movies are usually too low to reap any goodness. Of course there are some pretty terrible big budget movies out there.

This was a 5 out of 10 and the only reason it got that high was because the kid from Supernatural was in it.

PumpkinGIRL
02-15-2009, 05:57 PM
I thought they did a good job remaking the movie. I thought the kills were thought out well and the people they cast I thought were good. i enjoyed the funny parts as well. :)