PDA

View Full Version : Admission

Matt Marich
02-18-2009, 07:49 AM
With the economy in the stinker, what do you hope to charge for admission this year?

mindtumor
02-18-2009, 07:56 AM
$10.00 MAYBE $12.00 if we move closer to Detroit. These prices aren't on here.

Nightgore
02-18-2009, 11:14 AM
$15.00 with a $25 frightpass. -Tyler

Jim Warfield
02-18-2009, 06:16 PM
$12.00 exit fee. Everybody pays.
$12.00 must be paid in American Money, no coupons! Poop-on coupons!
One time a whole hay rack of people had on line coupons they had printed out, all they said was "Good at any Haunted House" no names of any house nor organization who sponsered the printing.
For some reason I decided they were NOT good at my Spooky Chicken Ranch, but if I had a Haunted house...who knows?
People will try anything.

Boni
02-18-2009, 06:20 PM
$9 per event, we will have 2. $15 for both if purchased at the same time.

graystone
02-18-2009, 06:56 PM
Graystone Manor $15.00
Disturbia $10.00
Both Haunts $20.00|
Slash Pass additional $5.00 applies to Graystone Manor only.
Shane Dabbs and its Graystone Manor Shane this time!

James Lurgio
02-18-2009, 07:50 PM
This is an issue I've had since I opened. I would love some input. I have a museum/haunt in Salem Mass and it seems that I can't ask more than 8.00 for admission. We charge 5.00 for kids under 12ys and students are 6.00 and if they push we'll do 7.00 for seniors. Now Salem has a lot of attractions and a few haunts within less than a mile of one another. Does anyone else have an attraction in a tourist area with other similarly themed attractions around them? If so, what's been the experiences? Has anyone ever wanted to go from "remaining competetive" with your prices to people convincing you that your attraction is better than the ones around you so you raise the prices? I haven't done that but... Has anyone ever done that? Love some feedback. Thanks.

James Lurgio
Nightmare Productions

Floor8Horror
02-18-2009, 07:54 PM
One time a whole hay rack of people had on line coupons they had printed out, all they said was "Good at any Haunted House" no names of any house nor organization who sponsered the printing.
For some reason I decided they were NOT good at my Spooky Chicken Ranch, but if I had a Haunted house...who knows?

wow jim, your haunt must be better than we all thought because you always have stories about people trying to get in free or for a good "deal".

My haunt is a 2 acre forest and last year I had some guest try to get in free by sneaking in a underneath some trees. I heard them crawling underneath the trees so I hid in a bush and once the got out from the trees I scared them bad. And then i kicked them out. They didn't know what hit them.

The Parker House
02-18-2009, 08:33 PM
We have a 15,000 sq ft haunt that takes 35-40 mins to walk and a walking trail thats a second attraction. We charge $18 general ad. for the main haunt and $5 for the trail. We also sell a combo for $20 General ad and $25 for fastpass. Most people do the fastpass.

JamBam
02-18-2009, 08:53 PM
We are thinking about $ 8 on Thursdays, 9 on fridays, and 10 on Saturdays.

Has anybody tried it before ?

Or how about the same price but the coupon value changes by the day it is used?

Any experience on this? We al know that Sat is the busiest day, then Fri, then other days of the week. We thought we might get some crowd movement that way.

Jim Warfield
02-19-2009, 12:07 AM
Coupons never succeeded in moving my business toward those traditionally slower nights.
I even had discounted coupons that said in BIG LETTERS= Good on Wed. & Thurs. ONLY!
They only brought the coupons here on Fridays and Saturdays! THEN if I was to be a stickler about it they would get real mad! "Because they just drove 30 miles to get here!", So I had to be the nice guy and honor those coupons on those busy weekend nights.."GGGRRR!"
I hate coupons!

Floor8Horror
02-19-2009, 07:09 AM
coupons are only nice when you are saving money. But coupons or no coupons people will always be idiots. Its always more fun to sc are the idiots then it is to scare the other people.

The Mad Hatter
03-23-2009, 01:03 AM
$5.00 here, since our haunt is rather new to being a "professional Haunted House." It is still a piece of shit I believe.

-Frank

xtremecreator
03-23-2009, 05:56 AM
Pandoras Box charges 25.00.
10.00 per house or 25.00 for the entire event.
We did honor the 3.00 coupons all season.
We will be dropping the price this year due to the times and we will not be giving away a new Dodge Charger or have bands every weekend like we did this year.

John

voodoo willy
03-23-2009, 07:55 AM
$5.00 here, since our haunt is rather new to being a "professional Haunted House." It is still a piece of shit I believe.

-Frank

Okay...I've been a lurker here for some time. Trying to gather as much info on the industry before making the plunge and going pro. This comment has pulled me out of the shadows and into the light. It begs for me to ask, WTF?? If you feel that it is a piece of shit then why do it? Why half ass do anything? I could see if you are just your own worst critic but if you honestly believe it is shit and only charge 5.00...wow. :confused:

SteveR
03-23-2009, 11:04 AM
$13 General Adm, $18 VIP.
Coupon is $2 off weekdays, $1 off Fri/Sat.
Military an extra $1 off
$42 family pack of 4 tix (must be one adult *parent* in the group);
$10 add-a-kid to family pak.

It's a 30-40 minute haunt when things are moving along, indoor/outdoor/underground mix.

Jim Warfield
03-23-2009, 11:13 AM
If you consider your haunt is really a worthless P.O.Shit, is this comparing it to the others near you? It takes alot of money and time to eventually assemble a "worthy" haunted experience and even after you do some will always bitch and whine.
I hope you are not trying to duplicate what others have, especially if they have been at it for 10 years or found Daddy's checkbook in the laundry.
Maybe you should go for mere outrage rather than haunting (as commonly defined by others)
Rename your place "House Of Feces!" Go scatalogical. Have a celebrity poop display.
Use only brown slimey make up.
"Are you afflicted with bad gas? Come into The House Of Feces and no one will notice it!"
Then you will be setting the bar higher, or in a totally different direction, at least . Let them follow your lead for awhile.
"It's a piece of shit, like none other!
At the concluding room have a huge flush handle, it's the total-destruct lever!
Build the lever very strong so even if 5 people are hanging from it it won't budge!
Feel free to send me any compensation you deem fit for my numerous ideas HERE, THANKS.

terrormasue
03-23-2009, 07:24 PM
Jim, you just kill me. How do you come up with this stuff? Thanks, I needed to smile this evening. LOL!!!

wickedfarmer
03-30-2009, 06:48 PM
Keeping prices the same..in Michigan. 3/4 hour - 1 1/4 hour corn maze $6 trail of terror $10....1/3 mile trail through corn with vortex tunnel, electric chair, 4 unit 70 animatronics, chain saws, clowns, 3 shacks and "air bag" floor system and 30 actors total.

maliciousstudios
03-31-2009, 05:04 PM

LMFAO.... Jim you always crack me up...lol

Jim Warfield
04-02-2009, 12:32 AM
Get done driving four hours or more just to get here (this was their destination) and then stand a carp about paying the $12.oo admission!?
"Well, it's $12.00, if you don't want to pay, you don't have to come in."
I kind of call their bluff on this sort of thing...duh!?
when they drive out from Chicago then want to waste my time at the ticket window trying to wheel & deal(no deal for me though) I have sometimes asked them if they do this at the Cubs ticket window? Or the Bears ticket window? Sure you do. Sure, they give you some discount, like hell!
I have taken pride thoughout the years in making them forget what they even paid to get in here by entertaining them that much once they get inside.
Laugh, scream! Scream, laugh alot, scream some more!
They see and experience things here that they will never see anywhere else, I am very confidant in saying this and most agree after they have been here. I consider all of this as my art form and I'm not looking over anyone's shoulder, copying their work.
And you wanted to beat me down in price? Don't you want to see me be here for you again sometime?
Whoops! My foot-fungus just rotted out my soapbox!
Down I go!

Badger
04-02-2009, 09:56 AM
Mine is a little different. Scarowinds is a 100 acre theme park with roller coasters and other big rides, shows, plus the 11 mazes and scare zones. SW charged $33.99 general admission for everything but if you bought a season pass to Carowinds during the summer season, you got free, unlimited admission to SW. There were numerous opportunities to get discount passes thorugh certain fast-food restaurnats, radio stations, and soft-drink companies. If you paid full price to get in, you didn't try hard enough.

Last year they sold over 200,000 season passes and they all were entitled to get in for free. Thankfully, not everyone took advantage of that...

Jim Warfield
04-02-2009, 12:32 PM
A business owner decided to promote, celebrate something and gives away a free hot dog and a soft drink and people seem to crawl out of the woodwork from locations unheard of for these trite goodies!
Then they never see them again..until next free hot dog time.
"Who are these people?"