PDA

View Full Version : Foam Cutting Tools

RJ Productions
02-19-2009, 02:15 AM
Ran across these on Harbour Freight's web site.
New Items.

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=66788

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=66182

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=97575

If you're into cutting your own foam, check it out. You can order on line and ship even if you don't have a local HF. They are inexpensive enough to try them out. If you do a LOT of foam cutting you might want to invest in more expensive units. For the amount we might do, this could be a cost effective alternative.

Rich

Nightgore
02-19-2009, 06:59 AM
WOW... nice find, thanks for posting this! -Tyler

Allen H
02-19-2009, 08:19 AM
A harbor freight opened near me recently (mesquite TX) and Im thrilled, they also have an air compressor and six air brush set that is awesome and affordable.
Allen H

Raycliff Manor
02-19-2009, 01:04 PM
Thanks guys for the heads up on the foam cutters and on the airbrush equipment! :)

Kel

RJ Productions
02-19-2009, 01:30 PM
Sharing useful information and networking...the power of the Hauntworld site (does this sound like a commercial??LOL!)

stafford
02-20-2009, 08:26 AM
This relates to the other airbrush thread I posted. We've tried the harbor freight airbrushes, for spraying makeup, not good. If you're spraying paint (thinner fluids, no powder pigments) they would probably work fine. However, they are cheap, so if you can get them to work for you, more power to you, they are a fraction of the price of Iwata.

Chris

N2SPOOKINU
02-20-2009, 09:15 AM
I have to agree with Stafford on the airbrushes. We bought the 6 peice kit and we use makeup also. It lasted a few days then they went to crap on us. We buy ours from Michaels . I dont remember the name of them but they cost about $130.These are the best ones we have found for our purposes. Thats just my 2cents. Greg

hauntedhousenut
02-20-2009, 01:48 PM
I have to agree with Stafford on the airbrushes. We bought the 6 peice kit and we use makeup also. It lasted a few days then they went to crap on us. We buy ours from Michaels . I dont remember the name of them but they cost about $130.These are the best ones we have found for our purposes. Thats just my 2cents. Greg

You get what you pay for, I've bought from harbor freight, hit or miss.

Matt Marich
02-21-2009, 07:08 AM
It's true their stuff is hit or miss but the basic structure of these could easily be upgraded! The table and harp could be upgraded with new wire and transformer from Demand products. Great find!

The Airbrush set works great for thinner paints, true, and I use it for Psycho Paint. I would never put silicone, or rubber cement paint through my Iwata!

Matt

Here's the Airbrush set in question..,

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=95923

Brandon_K
02-21-2009, 11:30 AM
The two HF's in the Pittsburgh area don't carry the foam cutters, online only according to the people I spoke with at the stores.

I'll agree that HF is hit or miss. I have a 4" angle grinder and a 14" abrasive cut saw that's been going great for 3 or 4 years now. They're tarps are junk unless you get the silver backed ones.

Nearly all of their hand tools are absolutely worthless. I feel ashamed to live in Pittsburgh when their tools go by the name of Pittsburgh Forge. Their rechargables are hit and miss.

Some of the drills and such are decent, but at some of the prices you can go to Sears and get a Craftsman for a few bucks more and know you're getting a good product that you'll be able to get a replacement battery for in 2 years, that is if it lasts that long. Since we're volunteer, said volunteers don't always take care of the house tools. We've gone through at minimum a dozen drills (Porter Cable, B&D, Dewalt) over the last 4 years. Maybe if we started buying Milwaukee they would actually last. ;)

Matt Marich
02-21-2009, 05:52 PM
Pittsburgh Forge, you mean Hong Kong Forge?