PDA

View Full Version : Hauntworld Magazine 21 News and Info... MUST READ

drfrightner
02-26-2009, 11:05 PM
Okay folks by now most of you if not all of you should have seen your new Hauntworld Magazine #20. I can't wait to hear the comments and feedback. It was a lot of work let me tell you.

One mistake we made was missing getting the Columbia Haunt Tour ad in the magazine however it will be in the next one and we're going to be doing a featured article on these two haunts for the next magazine!!!

They deserve it 110%!

Anyway on to Issue 21...

WE WILL NOT MAIL THIS... you will pick it up in our booth, then we will cross your name off the list once the show is over we'll mail the rest to whomever didn't pick up their magazine. AGAIN PICK UP YOUR COPY AT OUR BOOTH THEY WILL NOT BE MAILED until after the show.

If you do not attend the show we'll mail them the day after or soon there after. If you simply ordered a copy through our store those will be mailed asap.

Anyway here are a few samples of the new magazine. Let me know what you think... now aren't we cranking out these magazine for everyone. Can I hear a hell ya? LOL

Larry

damon carson
02-27-2009, 10:19 AM
Wow I love the layout for the House of Torment! Thats extremely wicked! I got the new H.W. mag yesterday and read it front to back yesterday. Bens articles were really interesting. Alot of good info. A very good issue. I cant wait to read the next one.
Damon

jason
02-27-2009, 12:03 PM
when was issue #20 mailed out? i have not received mine yet. i'll keep an eye out for it.

Loud &twisted
02-27-2009, 12:26 PM
As always a good magazine. Hell YA

SomeThingInTheIce
02-27-2009, 12:41 PM
Hell ya!!!!!! and they keep coming. I have not gotten a HA mag in FOREVER! In fact with the new HauntWorld #20 it will be a 4 to 1. needless to say I will not be renewing with them.

drfrightner
02-27-2009, 01:48 PM
Well and another one is on the way so ...

I wanted to tell all the subscribers a few things here...

I have been learning my way around the wood so to speak. As all of you know, and some of you confuse an ego that some of you claim I have with what I call my pursuit of excellence. I don't pursue excellence for ego, I pursue excellence because nothing else motivates me. I'm not motivated by money, and I'm not motivated by ego, I'm motivated by doing something someone tells me I can't do, or if someone is doing something better, or until I achieve what in my mind is the best I can do, and then I push myself to try and go a bit more.

This is all motivated by keeping myself motivated. As I have been trying to figure out how to make this magazine, and I think we have finally done that, now I'm trying to figure out how to make it cost effective. I'm now and only now trying to figure out how this thing pays for itself. We finally opened Hauntworld, Inc. its own bank account, so now its money no longer mixes with HPI's account.

As I get better controls on the magazine, the website, and what it really costs we can better serve those who subscribe and put out a better product on time. It takes time to do these things but I'm learning and fast.

I'm also trying to find new markets for the vendors to make their support better served. Its all one big learning curve!

I thank you for sticking with the magazine when we struggled with it but finally we are getting our claws around it and growing the support.

Thanks again and I mean it!

Lastly, let me say I do one day hope to COVER every single haunt who posts on these message boards. Keep posting your photos, your videos, because I see them, view them, and read them.

You take House of Tourment for example...I NEVER HEARD OF THEM before they came to my booth last year and said we're a haunt you have never heard of, then they posted some photos and video on the site. Now here they are...

Haunted Overload never heard of them they post some video, some photos and wham they have been featured several times. You have to educate me, and the industry about who you are, what you have to offer, and step up! This is how these haunts are picked or will be picked going forward...

Haunts that are on my radar... Haunted Overload, Nightmare New England, Terror on the Fox, Fright Kingdom, Scarehouse, Bennets Curse, Pirates of Emerson, but you know what YOU COULD BE NEXT!!!!!!!!!!!!

POST YOUR PHOTOS, YOUR VIDEOS... we don't know who you are because you don't tell us. Who in the hell was 13th Gate two years ago I never heard of them now they are listed as our best haunted house.

Somebody said that we only pick out these mega haunts... 13th Gate is in Baton Rouge, House of Tourment is in Austin, and 2 years ago I never heard of 13th Gate, one year ago I never heard of House of Tourment. A year ago I never heard of Scarehouse and now we listed them in our top 13... post your photos keep us updated!

PROMOTE YOUR HAUNT!

Larry

Terror_Field
02-28-2009, 09:31 AM
larry when can we expect to see the new issue in our mailbox

themagicofjustinarrigo
02-28-2009, 09:31 PM
I was psyched when I got home from work on Friday, my birthday, and saw my issue in the mailbox. The best gifts are the ones your not expecting, but really, really want more than anything else you got! I havenít even had a chance to read any of it yet, but I know I wont be disappointed! Although I am still a little ripped about Nightmare New England not being featured, these guys deserve to get some ink printed soon, (no pun intended tattoo), I know its no ones fault, but they really did some amazing things and dererve the acknowledgement! Iíd even be interested in writing a story/interview on the first year of the event and what to expect in years to come? The cover looks awesome though, and Iím sure whatís inside is equally exciting! Keep them coming Larry, each issue gets better and better!
Justincredible

Brandon_K
03-01-2009, 04:03 AM
For those of us that GASP!, don't have a subscription, shall I assume there will be extra copies for sale at TW?

Nightgore
03-01-2009, 06:37 AM
I haven't recieved my issue 20 yet... but it's sounding like it's a good edition! I can't wait to see issue 21, the articles HoT look AMAZING!! -Tyler

SomeThingInTheIce
03-01-2009, 03:18 PM
I have read it cover to cover and I sure what to check out NetherWorld more then ever. Maybe this Halloween we can get up there.

elowther
03-01-2009, 05:18 PM
Hopefully #20 will come tomorrow. A few people have told me it's a great issue, I can't wait to check it out myself.

#21 looks like it will be really good also. It will be awesome to see The House of Torment and the Columbia haunts. Good luck with the deadline it's going to be close. Good job with keeping these issues coming, they must be tons of work.

Eric

Terror_Field
03-02-2009, 06:42 AM
I realy can not wait to read this mag any time, every issue is exciting to me. I Hope issue #20 is in my mail box very soon and knowing issue #21 is not far behind...Yah :)

damon carson
03-02-2009, 03:50 PM
Hey Eric I forgot to mention I really liked your article as well. Tell me what you use to shape or carve your spray foam on the pumpkins head. It really looks real. Do you spray it let it foam up and then smooth it out? Or do you do something before it drys? Do you spray anything on it before it drys.
Thanks,
Damon

drfrightner
03-03-2009, 12:45 AM
Let me say myself ... ERIC I LOVED YOUR ARTICLE! Your haunt, your creativity is simply endless!!!

Larry

elowther
03-03-2009, 05:24 AM
Thanks,
I just got the magazine yesterday and it looks awesome. I was building coffins all day for a new coffin maze so I haven't got to read the whole thing yet but I can't wait to read the NetherWorld articles.

For carving the pumpkins I simply let the Great Stuff dry completely, it's really rough and lumpy at that point. Then to shape it I use a wood rasp. It works great on the foam, you end up with a big pile of foam dust at the end. It acts like a sander and smooths down the foam and it ends up looking like a very natural pumpkin because of the irregularities. Then the liquid nails gives it the texture of a real pumpkin.

I think BrainStorm did a great job laying out the article and bringing it to life.

Keep up the good work can't wait to read this one and #21 in a few weeks.

Eric

graystone
03-03-2009, 07:28 AM
I too enjoyed your article! Look forward to seeing you at TW. Bens was also another great one! Thanks guys. Shane and its just Shane. This time!

Mike Bizub
03-03-2009, 03:08 PM
I really enjoyed this issue. Eric has me so inspired I've been out looking for a telephone pole but they all have these stupid wires attached. The search goes on, Mike

Nightgore
03-03-2009, 03:14 PM
I STILL haven't recieved mine... LARRY!!!!!!!!!!! -Tyler

drfrightner
03-03-2009, 04:25 PM
Anyone who didn't get issue 20 by now you probably aren't going to see it ... all the magazines got mailed over 10 days ago. If you think you are still owed issues then email your name, address, phone number with information about when you think you subscribed, whatever you can provide.

email me darkrides@sbcglobal.net

If you think your subscription ran out just go to www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com (http://www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com) and resubscribe we'll send out the issue straight away.

Larry

Nightgore
03-03-2009, 05:53 PM
Larry,

I sent you an email. -Tyler

REDRUM
03-04-2009, 10:09 AM
Great job on Hauntworld #20.

It was good to see some really awesome haunts featured and high 5 to Eric on the kick a$$ Haunted Overload artical. I always learn something useful from articals about Netherworld and the part of the artical about washing costumes and masks every night and not having "piles of costumes" on the floor at the end of the night (which has totally been our MO over the years) has inspired us to look into installing washer and dryers into our new facility and creating a more elaborate control system for our costuming dept. Thanks Ben.

Larry its good to hear Fright Kingdom is "in your radar" for possibly being featured in a future artical, fyi we are currently in the middle of moving our show from our current 20,000 sq. ft. space into our new space (in the same building) that is over 50,000 sq. ft. that includes a full caffateria, huge mens and womans dressing rooms, more bathrooms with showers, drive in loading dock, more customer parking, seperate staff parking lot and entrance, first aid room, several offices and lots lots more. We are taking pics and HD video every step of the way to document our expansion. The plan is to add another all new haunt and a new horror museum and that still leaves us enough space to expand with 2 or 3 more haunts in future seasons. We are super excited!

Tim Dunne
www.FRIGHTKINGDOM.com
Proud Member of HHA

elowther
03-04-2009, 04:15 PM
That is extremely exciting Tim! I've got to get over there and see this place. 50,000 sq feet is insane! That's going to make one interesting article for Larry to write. Can't wait to see all those vintage masks.

Why don't you submit an article on all your rare collectable masks? I think HauntWorld readers would like to know more about that subject and how you plan to use them to create a mega monster museum from hell. I think most of us were fascinated by cool looking masks as kids but you have taken it to the extreme!

Eric

DarkTikiEntertainment
03-10-2009, 05:37 PM
Okay folks by now most of you if not all of you should have seen your new Hauntworld Magazine #20. I can't wait to hear the comments and feedback. It was a lot of work let me tell you.

Haven't received mine yet, but I'm anxiously awaiting it!

Nightgore
03-10-2009, 05:44 PM
Me either Tiki! :( -Tyler