PDA

View Full Version : Raycliff Manor New Facade Install

Raycliff Manor
02-27-2009, 09:18 AM
Hi all! On Wednesday we initiated the first phase of the new Raycliff Manor facade install. The facade transformation was designed by Bob Dillon of Bob Dillon Design. The following are slideshows containing some pictures of the tower install. This was a very exciting day for us!

http://s468.photobucket.com/albums/rr42/KellyAllenPhotos/Raycliff%20Manor%20Tower%20Install/th_IMG_1598.jpg (http://s468.photobucket.com/albums/rr42/KellyAllenPhotos/Raycliff%20Manor%20Tower%20Install/?action=view&current=4fe86b5c.pbw)

http://s468.photobucket.com/albums/rr42/KellyAllenPhotos/Raycliff%20Manor%20Tower%20Install/th_IMG_1648.jpg (http://s468.photobucket.com/albums/rr42/KellyAllenPhotos/Raycliff%20Manor%20Tower%20Install/?action=view&current=da465050.pbw)

http://s468.photobucket.com/albums/rr42/KellyAllenPhotos/Raycliff%20Manor%20Tower%20Install/th_IMG_1698.jpg (http://s468.photobucket.com/albums/rr42/KellyAllenPhotos/Raycliff%20Manor%20Tower%20Install/?action=view&current=c3ae2abe.pbw)

We're headed back to Raycliff Manor to do some more work today. I'll try to update this post with more pictures soon.

Kel

Nightgore
02-27-2009, 09:44 AM
Awesome facade Kel... I love that old Victorian look... classic! -Tyler

Raycliff Manor
02-27-2009, 11:14 AM
As you know from my post above, Bob Dillon of Bob Dillon Design just finished the tower install for the first phase of our facade and their work is professional and first class! Everything on the install went like clock-work and their crew was very professional! Bob's actually heading to the Wilderness Wisconsin Dells to do a job right now. If you were interested in discussing you project with Bob or getting a quote, you can give Bob a call at 479-981-0770. Bob also did the facade work at the Bayville Scream Park in Long Island, NY. I'm not working for Bob, but I'm just trying to help him further network himself in the industry as a way of saying thanks for taking great care of us on the first phase of the Raycliff Manor facade job. If you know of anyone looking for facade work, feel free to direct them to him. He has a website being developed right now and he expects it to be live by Transworld. Bob is a really good guy and he is definitely an asset to the haunt industry!

Kel

Raycliff Manor
02-27-2009, 11:22 AM
Thanks for the postive feedback Tyler! I'm exhausted today! Yesterday was a painting marathon and the weather isn't conducive to painting again until Monday, but then we'll get back at it. We have an awesome Fright Team and yesterday 5 of them came out and volunteered their entire day to helping! They wanted to help birth the monster that is "Raycliff Manor"! We have such a dedicated team and I hope they know how much they are appreciated! At Raycliff Manor, we work hard to make sure that the entire Fright Team feel like Raycliff Manor is part theirs too. I've never felt such a sense of commitment and ownership from the Fright Team before. We always had a great Fright Team, but now we have an AWESOME, OUTSTANDING, INCREDIBLE Team! I'm really feeling thankful for this, in case you couldn't tell.

Kel

Front Yard Fright
02-27-2009, 01:21 PM
Thanks for the postive feedback Tyler! I'm exhausted today! Yesterday was a painting marathon and the weather isn't conducive to painting again until Monday, but then we'll get back at it. We have an awesome Fright Team and yesterday 5 of them came out and volunteered their entire day to helping! They wanted to help birth the monster that is "Raycliff Manor"! We have such a dedicated team and I hope they know how much they are appreciated! At Raycliff Manor, we work hard to make sure that the entire Fright Team feel like Raycliff Manor is part theirs too. I've never felt such a sense of commitment and ownership from the Fright Team before. We always had a great Fright Team, but now we have an AWESOME, OUTSTANDING, INCREDIBLE Team! I'm really feeling thankful for this, in case you couldn't tell.

Kel

That is great they they are all commited to it... Especially for being volunteers! Our crew has been getting more and more into it every year and this year they have been asking me when they can come over and build!
It's a really awesome feeling!
:)

Oh, and the facade is looking fantastic! I love the light in the window... Adds a great realistic effect!
I can't wait to see it all done and painted!
Keep up the awesome work Kel!
:D.

Darkblood
02-27-2009, 02:48 PM
Kel,
Awesome as usual coming from you! :)
Hey, how big is your building (sq. ft.) and what was it before it was the Manor?
Just curious...you probably posted it before...
Thanks!
Kirk

Raycliff Manor
02-27-2009, 07:28 PM
Thanks guys! The building is 4,000 square feet on the main floor. We have approximately 1,200 square feet upstairs, which houses our makeup and changing area and some space that we have yet to use. We have another building on the property that we use for cue-line when we are open and as a Fright Team Training Room when we aren't open. We also use the building for Makeup Workshops, Actor Training Workshops, etc.

We've always maintained the name Raycliff Manor, however, we had a "Castle Fear" facade that you can see on our Myspace page. We put the castle facade up for sale now that we are finally going completely with just the Raycliff Manor facade. Thanks again for the postitive feedback. We have warmer weather coming on Monday and we anticipate completing the facade by Tuesday. I'll post more pictures once it's done. Of course, this is just phase one of the new facade. Once spring break is over we plan to begin construction on phase two! :D

Kel

SomeThingInTheIce
02-28-2009, 05:54 PM
Nice Kel, I like it better then the castle.

brad
02-28-2009, 07:41 PM
Everything looks great man!!

So did ya'll ever decide to do a Scream Break event this year?

Raycliff Manor
03-01-2009, 09:08 AM
Hey Brad! Yes, we are doing a "Ghouls Gone Wild" event for spring break. We'll be open the 13th (Friday the 13th), 14th, 20th and 21st of March. :grin:

Kel

brad
03-01-2009, 12:50 PM
Well good luck with it man. I hope ya'll make it a great event.

And again... too bad there's not another parade to go on like in Eureka Springs...:(

Raycliff Manor
03-06-2009, 09:34 AM
Thanks Brad! Here's a link to pictures of additional progress on Raycliff Manor:

http://s468.photobucket.com/albums/rr42/KellyAllenPhotos/Raycliff%20Manor%20Tower%20Install/th_IMG_1743.jpg (http://s468.photobucket.com/albums/rr42/KellyAllenPhotos/Raycliff%20Manor%20Tower%20Install/?action=view&current=70d0cca2.pbw)

We are still going to be adding additional details. By fall, this facade is going to be kick-@$$! Can you tell I'm excited? :D

Kel

Nightgore
03-06-2009, 09:49 AM
Kelly, amazing pics... the facade is going to look badass! It's funny though, the pics and the way the facade is designed, it creates a very strange optical illusion! From looking at from the front... everything looks good and the tower lines with with the door... etc. But move to the side... and the tower looks WAY off center from the door! hahahaha... It's kinda cool, it's like the facade moves! hahahaha..

Awesome work man! -Tyler

PS: It reminds me of the Rogues Hollow logo!

Raycliff Manor
03-06-2009, 11:15 AM
I noticed that too Tyler! LOL Strange illusion!

Kel

xxxdirk
03-06-2009, 11:20 AM
I REALLY like it Kel. Congrats on all your success over the years!!

Raycliff Manor
03-06-2009, 11:46 AM
Thanks Ron! Now I'm hoping for a hugely well attended spring break event. We open a week from tonight! Yikes!

Kel

spfxmasks
03-06-2009, 11:46 AM
Looking good!
Congratulations.
-SPFXMasks

scarygoat
03-06-2009, 12:46 PM
LOOKS SICK!

Jake

BruiseMuse
03-06-2009, 02:26 PM
Gorgeous! I love the new facade!

Loud &twisted
03-06-2009, 09:04 PM
Thanks Ron! Now I'm hoping for a hugely well attended spring break event. We open a week from tonight! Yikes!

Kel

Spring Break event, that sounds like a good idea.

Raycliff Manor
03-08-2009, 08:51 AM
Hi all! Thanks for all the positive comments and feedback on the facade. The Fright Team has really done an incredible job! We made some additional enhancements to the facade. Here's a link to more pictures. We're just about finished with phase one!

http://s468.photobucket.com/albums/rr42/KellyAllenPhotos/Raycliff%20Manor%20Tower%20Install/th_IMG_1767.jpg (http://s468.photobucket.com/albums/rr42/KellyAllenPhotos/Raycliff%20Manor%20Tower%20Install/?action=view&current=ae492a73.pbw)

After our "Ghouls Gone Wild" event for spring break we'll be continuing with the facade makeover. Please send positive thoughts and energy that the next two weekends are very well attended, safe and prosperous for us! Thanks!

Kel

Nightgore
03-08-2009, 09:12 AM
Kel,

It looks incredible... I can't wait to see the finished product! Again, with that optical illusion! hahahaha... Keep it up man, it's showing that you do have the best crew! -Tyler

Raycliff Manor
03-08-2009, 10:25 AM
Thanks Tyler! Alright, I'm looking for ideas to "spook it up" a bit. Other than a weathervane that is on order and the lightshow that Gadget at Evilusions.com has developed for us, the facade is pretty much done for our spring break event. Unless anyone has some inexpensive ideas and suggestions to help give the facade a good, creepy look. I'm open to suggestions!;)

Kel

Nightgore
03-08-2009, 11:17 AM
I always thought a creepy lattice fence up one side with some very dead plant life on it would be creepy! Maybe some frayed cheesecloth (detail with light black spray paint) as curtains in the windows... allow them to hang in the wind freely! Maybe a chimney? Borded up windows? Window planters with dead plants?

Just some thoughts... -Tyler

Haunts of Richmond
03-08-2009, 11:27 PM
Looks great!

Raycliff Manor
03-11-2009, 07:51 AM
Thanks! Love the ideas Tyler! After spring break is over I believe we're going to work on getting the fencing and lattice!

Ironman
03-11-2009, 08:47 AM
Great looking Kel. I would definitely add a rail for the widow's walk. Hey.....I know a guy...
http://www.theironkingdom.com/VillageSmithy/

Duke of Darkness
03-11-2009, 05:43 PM
Wow. Looking at the before and after pictures, the difference is remarkable. Wishing you all the best for your spring break event. Expecting a full review.

Dave

Raycliff Manor
03-17-2009, 03:48 PM
Thanks Dave! We're getting ready for round 2 this weekend!

Ironman, I'm definitely going to have to get in touch with you regarding the railings. I'm afraid shipping will kill us though! I'll be in touch later this year!

Kel

Ironman
03-18-2009, 09:42 AM
Just let me know when you are ready Kel and we can take a look at different designs that would work for that great new facade of yours. We have been located in southern Indiana for 14 years now, and most people would be surprised at how much custom ironwork we ship all over the country. When my shop was in Florida we didnít ship nearly as much as we do now, but here my shop and home are on property that my family has owned for generations. Because of this we have a much lower overhead cost and in many cases can produce work and ship it for a lower price than it can be built in other parts of the country. For example, we recently built custom gates that went on the Munster Mansion in Waxahachie, Texas. There were at least four iron shops in that area that bid on the project, but because of our reputation of quality, ability to deliver on time, and that lower overhead, we were able to do the work for the client better than the local shops. A year ago, when fuel prices were through the roof, motor freight prices were outrageous. But now, in todayís economy, those same carriers are fiercely competing for loads which have brought prices back to reality.

Raycliff Manor
03-18-2009, 11:04 AM
Please do me a favor and shoot Lee an email at lee@eurekascreams.com I told him to expect to hear from you. Lee handles the purchasing and he is the Construction Manager over all construction related projects. I think you may have spoken to Lee in the past when we were going to try to make it to Ironstock. To give you an idea of where we are headed in the facade makeover, here's a picture...

http://i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr42/KellyAllenPhotos/RAYCLIFFMANORFACADE.jpg

You can see the ironwork we hope to add to the facade. Lee can get you specifics as far as dimensions.

We're still determined to make it one of these days! Thanks and see you in St. Louis!

Kel

Ironman
03-18-2009, 05:09 PM
Very nice sketch. I see a wonderful resemblance to the Bates family home.
When you first posted the new facade I wondered if you had plans for a second story in the future.
I will get in touch with Lee.