PDA

View Full Version : Cool Santa Stuff for Haunted House

MidnightEvil
12-25-2006, 10:08 PM
OK everyone

What cool haunt house stuff did Santa bring you?

He gave me 4 - 40ft semi trailers so I can build a trailer haunt
now I just need 2 more -- woohoo no more looking for
a building to rent. They start bring them on Tuesday.

PumpkinHead
12-25-2006, 11:18 PM
cool...
Where will your haunt be? I know so cal, but what town?
PH

PumpkinHead
12-25-2006, 11:25 PM
PS: How did he fit 4 of them into his sleigh !?

MidnightEvil
12-25-2006, 11:32 PM
Hey PH

Some were in the IE, perhaps Bloomington off the 10 freeway
I have a 1 acre lot in Bloomington where I can work on them in
the off-season. If you want to come play sometime let me know.

Jim Warfield
12-26-2006, 12:38 AM
So as more and more good work goes into your four trailers they will be blooming a ton, right?
That's why they are in Bloomington!
(That wouldn't be Bloomington, Illinois would it? Bloomington, Minnesota?
Bloomington , Transyvannia?)

MidnightEvil
12-26-2006, 12:45 AM
That would be Bloomington CA off the 10 freeway
between the 15 and the 215

Raycliff Manor
12-26-2006, 09:58 AM
Awesome Gary... Congrats! What a great way to start the new year! :D

Kel

SpFXChic
12-26-2006, 01:58 PM
Gary, congrats! That's a nice gift! You must've been really good! LOL.

Santa brought me gift cards to keep my makeup supplies nice and stocked. :)

ClusterOne
12-27-2006, 01:31 AM
I got the entire set of HauntWorld DVD's... now to just call in sick for the next week to watch all 16 of them!!

By the way Kel, thanks for the tip on these DVD's...my wife took the hint I dropped!

Raycliff Manor
12-27-2006, 08:50 AM
ClusterOne, I recommend that you watch the DVD's with a pen and notepad in hand. Every time you see an idea that you want to use or something that inspires you, you'll want to be ready to write it down. :wink:

Kel

Jim Warfield
12-27-2006, 07:26 PM
...then be prepared to lose the paper AND the pen!
Begin all over again!
I do this enough, I finally remember the idea, for at least alittle while.

jason
12-28-2006, 10:34 AM
OK everyone

What cool haunt house stuff did Santa bring you?

He gave me 4 - 40ft semi trailers so I can build a trailer haunt
now I just need 2 more -- woohoo no more looking for
a building to rent. They start bring them on Tuesday.

who gave you those? how well does a trailer haunt work? i often wondered. does anyone have constructions pics. of such a haunt?

are you very limited with your path when having trailers?

MidnightEvil
12-28-2006, 10:58 PM
Hey Jason

I gave them to myself for Christmas.

They can be very effective if done right.
There was an article in hauntworld #1 and #2 on trailer haunts.
Trailer haunts videos can be found on the hauntworld DVD's
A trailer haunt design kit can be bought from hauntedvillage.com

I plan on video taping and taking photo's of my build for any one that
is interested.

Jim Warfield
12-29-2006, 12:00 AM
Will you haunt/build video be rated "G" or "PG", or noted unacceptable for "Language"?
Hammer-head to fingertip and away those "G" ratings go!

brad
01-03-2007, 02:41 PM
Well- trailer haunts can be really good, and really frustating at the same time. They're great because they're made of wood and steel, and they echo really good. So when you crank up a chainsaw with one group, the next group thats in the haunt, 30 to 40 ft. behind can really here it.
But then theres the frustating part. With only an 8 ft. wide space to work with, you either design it where the patrons have to make a zig-zag left-to-right path, or make one long path on one side of the trailer, and the other half will be where the scares come from. It's real hard to get scares from both sides of the patrons because of the width of the trailer.
But- if you get trailers, you can leave the stuff all year round, not have to pay rent for a large building, and even move it around when you need to.

It's a good alternative to your typical haunt.

Greg Chrise
01-03-2007, 08:05 PM
Brad,

have you been through Doc Wilks Haunted Something or other? A trailer haunt set up. The Spirit Halloween man said it was really something with lots of detail and props galore. I saw the set up off season traveling to Longview and really don't know where I was.

Jim Warfield
01-04-2007, 08:53 AM
Rather than someone busting their hump trying to make the inside of a trailer look like "something else", I have always thought that having the interior remain a truck but a truck loaded full of mysterious crates and boxes and coffins then anticipation could build as to which ones were going to have something aggressive coming out of them.
Starting out slow some night? Open all the boxes for the show, getting too busy? Only open a few boxes, total control and flexibility of the tour time, yet travel paths remain the same.
I have always thought this would work, and I have thought this for at least the last ten minutes.

Duke of Darkness
01-04-2007, 02:54 PM
I agree Jim. I have always liked haunts that make creative use of things other than walls to create the maze. With a trailer haunt, this works perfectly into the theme. And, as you already noted, creates a great deal of flexibility.