PDA

View Full Version : Texas Haunts Open This Weekend!

Speculo
03-10-2009, 09:03 PM
Cutting Edge is open this Friday

http://www.cuttingedgehauntedhouse.com/cutting.cfm?CFID=6269715&CFTOKEN=23892900

House of Torment is open Friday and Saturday..

http://thehouseoftorment.com/

Check em out!

Thanks

brad
03-10-2009, 09:43 PM
Im workin half way between both of them right now.

Too bad working on the damned night shift!

Allen H
03-10-2009, 10:03 PM
Zombie Manor in arlington is open as well on Fri, I will be guest acting out there, come on out and see us!
http://www.zombiemanor.com/
Dean has a great show.
Allen H

The Parker House
03-10-2009, 10:45 PM
Allen,

Me and my crow will be out there friday night. Scare the hell out of them.....lol
Marc

Jonathan
03-11-2009, 02:50 AM
I am actually headinh down to TX for some RFR Biz, I knew Zombie Manor was open but I need to hit the others up as well. I know House of Torment was awesome in Oct. Would be nice to see it again.

Gotta love 2 Friday the 13 in a year.

JamBam
03-11-2009, 03:37 AM
We will be open for two weekends, 13, 14, 20, & 21. Come see us and ask for me, letting the ticket seller you are from hauntworld, and you will be our guests.

Brett

Speculo
03-11-2009, 07:34 AM
This is cool!

If anyone knows in advance if they will be open outside of the Halloween season let us know ASAP.. I travel all over for Haunts and with enough warning might go anywhere... Let everyone know how it goes..

HoT and Cutting Edge both opened Last Friday the 13th and did great!, Could be a trend!

Thanks

N2SPOOKINU
03-11-2009, 10:55 PM
Fearfest in Columbia Missouri is open this Friday the 13th. Also the 20th and the 27th For the Transworld show www.columbiahaunttour.com www.fearfesthauntedhouse.com
Fearfest Fridays in March!
Come see us while attending the Convention on Friday nite.
Greg

Jim Warfield
03-11-2009, 11:20 PM
Unless I'm dead.
If I'm dead come on in anyway.
I'll be waiting for you.
Then I'd have some new tricks to show.

Jonathan
03-12-2009, 10:15 AM
Dean,

Got your message last night. I was busy with the kids and arranging Flashback Weekend items for RFR Booth there.

But I will give you a call tonight and such. Looking forward to seeing Zombie Manor. And thanks for the lights on behind the scenes offer.

Haunting Copy
03-13-2009, 02:33 AM
. . . going to House of Torment this weekend . . . nah nah nah nah nah!

Maybe see you there, Speculo. :)

Sarah

brad
03-14-2009, 12:48 PM
I'm going to House of Torment tonite. I can't wait.

Here's a clip from their website that sounds awesome:

House of Torment presents a new and terrifying event, Dark Stalkers, Friday November 7th and Saturday November 8th. Walk through one of the nationís best haunted houses in total darkness. Moving at your own pace you and your group will be given one glowstick and will be left find your own way out. Explore House of Tormentís dark passages and hidden areas at your own pace but donít be fooled. Monsters equipped with night vision technology as well as all of the House of Torment props, effects, and animations will be active during this new and terrifying event. For tickets and more info check out the House of Torment home page and click on the Dark Stalkers image.

Anf then...

Last November House of Torment produced one of the most shocking and terrifying events ever opened to the public, Dark Stalkers. Groups entered a pitch black environment left alone to find their own way out with the aid of one dimly lit glow stick. Moving at their own pace they had to navigate through the depths of one of the most critically acclaimed haunted houses in the country. It took some close to an hour as panic, fear, and the depths of total darkness left them lost in terror. Since then thousands of emails have poured into the House of Torment offices asking about the workings of a sequel to the underground phenomenon. After much consideration and countless hours of planning the time has come. By popular demand this Friday the 13th and this Valentines Day,

brad
03-14-2009, 12:49 PM
This sounds BADASS!!! Did anyone on here go to this last year? I wanna hear some feedback about it.

After I leave there tonite, I will post a review about it.

Haunting Copy
03-14-2009, 05:06 PM
What time are you going to be there?

My daughter and I should be there around 9pm.

I'll be wearing light-blue jeans, white tennis shoes, and a solid-colored
"coral" top. (No one can decide if it's "red" or "pink.") And I might be
wearing a black jacket.

Sarah

Haunting Copy
03-15-2009, 02:17 AM
All I can say at the moment is . . . WOW. (I'm waiting for the go-ahead from Dan before I say anything else.)

Just . . . F*@>ing WOW.

After 15 years of trying - and failing - to get my daughter to see the magic of Halloween, Dan comes along with a few monsters and BAM, a new haunter is born.

THAT is how good it was.

More info soon. :)

Sarah

brad
03-15-2009, 04:46 PM
Sarah... I was a little scared when the chainsaw guy tried to steal your daughter! LOL.

It's good to hear that ya'll had a great time, and that your daughter is into this stuff now.

As for me...

Me and my gang showed up, talked to Dan and John and they were real nice to us and treated us really good.
Im not gonna give away any secrets they have over there, but all I can say is WOW!

I loved the lights off deal they had. All you get is a glow stick for your group, and thats all the light you have.

The setup was great, and there were several spots where we were lost, or turned around. We probly spent 20 or 30 minutes in one area going in circles.

The detail and set design were exactly like I imagined it if not better, and the actors were top notch. They knew just when to come in at you, and just how hard to push the scare.
And also when to steal your glow stick! (And that was fun to deal with!)

This is all I'll say for right now, but I was very impressed by the show, and fully understand why these guys were rated one of the top haunts last year!

Great work guys and I cant wait to see this place again in October!

Haunting Copy
03-15-2009, 11:36 PM
Sarah... I was a little scared when the chainsaw guy tried to steal your daughter! LOL.

LOL, me too! But I was more worried that *she* was going to freak out, because I knew, of course, that they would never hurt her.

Later, when she and I were talking about it, she said she thought is was funny! Guess I worried for nothing. Maybe instead of cussing the guy out, I should have said, "Yeah, go ahead, take her, she's expensive to feed."

brad
03-15-2009, 11:47 PM
LOL, me too! But I was more worried that *she* was going to freak out, because I knew, of course, that they would never hurt her.

Later, when she and I were talking about it, she said she thought is was funny! Guess I worried for nothing. Maybe instead of cussing the guy out, I should have said, "Yeah, go ahead, take her, she's expensive to feed."

hahaha! And that would have been a lot cheaper for you in the long run!

I'm glad ya'll liked it. Hopefully I'll see you again in St. Louis.