PDA

View Full Version : Shuttle service for transworld

hauntedhousenut
03-16-2009, 09:29 PM
Transexpress located at the main Terminal 12 at baggage claim, the cost is $17. one way or $28. round trip=$14. one way, which isn't a bad deal at all.

Haunting Copy
03-16-2009, 09:34 PM
Cheaper than a cab, I suppose. :)

N2SPOOKINU
03-16-2009, 09:41 PM
Hey guys dont forget about metrolink. it is our"subway" system in St. louis. It goes from the airport to downtown right by the convention center and its alot cheaper that the price you were quoted for the transportation. Just a thought. Trying to save you even MORE money!
Greg

Haunting Copy
03-16-2009, 09:42 PM
Shall I bring a weapon? :D

N2SPOOKINU
03-16-2009, 09:48 PM
Its not New York for goodness sakes LMAO it is a safe way to travel the city without the expense of a cab.Geeeezzzzzzzz lol. Many st. louisans use it daily to commute from the suburbs to the city for work. It's also a great way to get to the stadium and arena for sports.
Greg and its I dont carry a gun on the train this time Greg LOL. That ones for you Shane!

hauntedhousenut
03-16-2009, 09:51 PM
Hey guys dont forget about metrolink. it is our"subway" system in St. louis. It goes from the airport to downtown right by the convention center and its alot cheaper that the price you were quoted for the transportation. Just a thought. Trying to save you even MORE money!
Greg

Thanks for the info, I'll still stick with the shuttle, as it seems faster and more direct.

N2SPOOKINU
03-16-2009, 10:11 PM
Metro link takes about 30 minutes to get downtown from the airport. Depending on what time your plane gets in the train may be faster. just a thought.
Greg

Haunting Copy
03-16-2009, 10:11 PM
Its not New York for goodness sakes

LMAO - just checking!

Haunting Copy
03-16-2009, 10:12 PM
Metro link takes about 30 minutes to get downtown from the airport. Depending on what time your plane gets in the train may be faster. just a thought.
Greg

Do you have any idea how much it might cost? (thanks, btw) :)

N2SPOOKINU
03-16-2009, 10:14 PM
For you fine haunts located in New York, that was not a cut down! lol Just clarifying that lmao

Haunting Copy
03-16-2009, 10:15 PM
HauntedHouseNut, I received a message that you tried to PM me. Sorry it was full. I'll clear it out tomorrow.

It might work if you send me an e-mail. ???

N2SPOOKINU
03-16-2009, 10:15 PM
The last time I rode it i think it was $2.50 or something like that. You could check online for more information.
Greg

Haunting Copy
03-16-2009, 10:19 PM
The last time I rode it i think it was $2.50 or something like that. You could check online for more information.
Greg

Wow, that is quite a bit cheaper. $5 versus $28? Umm, yeah.

drfrightner
03-17-2009, 03:30 AM
Metro Link is cheaper by far! And it goes straight to the convention center.

Larry

gadget-evilusions
03-17-2009, 06:14 AM
I know we were planning on taking the subway. It drops off 2 blocks from our hotel and the convention center, according to the information we could get online.

Haunting Copy
03-17-2009, 07:28 AM
I know we were planning on taking the subway. It drops off 2 blocks from our hotel and the convention center, according to the information we could get online.

Can you post the link to the page you were looking at when you found that info? I went to the MetroLink site and hardly knew where to begin!

gadget-evilusions
03-17-2009, 07:36 AM
I will see if my better half can look it up again. She does all our travel research and booking.

Haunting Copy
03-17-2009, 08:17 AM
I wrestled with the MetroLink website and came up with this:

http://tripfinder.metrostlouis.org/ntp/en/?#result_mark

You can adjust your times of departure and destinations, etc. (I recommend using the "Points of Interest" tab when searching. It was the easiest for me.)

Haunting Copy
03-17-2009, 08:38 AM
Found this at the Lambert Airport site:

Passenger pickup for Metrolink:

Main Terminal: Exit Door MT1, upper level east of the American Airlines Credit Union
East Terminal: South of terminal accessible through the parking garage on all levels.

Metrolink timetables and information: www.metrostlouis.org/MetroLink/MLtimetables.asp

mindtumor
03-17-2009, 08:51 AM
Transexpress located at the main Terminal 12 at baggage claim, the cost is $17. one way or $28. round trip=$14. one way, which isn't a bad deal at all.

Folks we have saved money with this show here in St. Louis, take advantage of this, afterall not all of us have Million dollar budgets like Tyler!

p.s. Tyler are you hiring, I'm sure you could afford to hire some of us folks with the budget you have?

Why don't you just ride with Bill. He will drop you off at the hotel for free I am sure. It sounds like you are flying.

MidnightEvil
03-17-2009, 06:31 PM
I was going to rent a car. But now I think i'll just take the MetroLink

terrormasue
03-17-2009, 07:10 PM
What time are you arriving? I will have a car. I don't mind running you all to the hotel. I am staying at the same place. Let me know when you are getting in.

MidnightEvil
03-17-2009, 07:28 PM
I'm coming in at 1:00 on Wed the 25
I'll be helping set up a booth on Wed and Thr

terrormasue
03-17-2009, 07:48 PM
I will be coming in around 2:00 on Thursday. If anyone needs transport let me know.

creep house
03-17-2009, 08:09 PM
Did you get my pm ?.....terrormasue

cccfinal@sbcglobal.net...........Casey/ Creep House

Haunting Copy
03-18-2009, 01:13 PM
Gary, I'm sending you a PM. :)

I'm coming in at 1:00 on Wed the 25
I'll be helping set up a booth on Wed and Thr

drfrightner
03-18-2009, 02:37 PM
Remember we are not providing shuttle service between your hotel/convention center and our haunted house. Keep that in mind when you decide to rent a car or not. Personally I don't think you need a car everything is close by to the hotel. Our haunted house is 1.5 miles from the convention center.

I'm sure most people are driving themselves to St. Louis so rental cars are not needed. Just reminding everyone.

When the attraction is technically within walking distance no need for shuttles... it would be a long walk though. LOL

Larry

Haunting Copy
03-18-2009, 02:41 PM
Remember we are not providing shuttle service between your hotel/convention center and our haunted house. Keep that in mind when you decide to rent a car or not. Personally I don't think you need a car everything is close by to the hotel. Our haunted house is 1.5 miles from the convention center.

I'm sure most people are driving themselves to St. Louis so rental cars are not needed. Just reminding everyone.

When the attraction is technically within walking distance no need for shuttles... it would be a long walk though. LOL

Larry

Glad you mentioned that. Thanks!

drfrightner
03-18-2009, 02:43 PM
Its listed on the site with directions. They are not far apart. In a car it takes you like 5 minutes at most. Larry

Haunting Copy
03-18-2009, 02:45 PM
Its listed on the site with directions. They are not far apart. In a car it takes you like 5 minutes at most. Larry

Do you know if the hotel will call a cab for a guest?

drfrightner
03-18-2009, 03:35 PM
I'm sure. But this isn't New York. There isn't a cab on every corner. I'm sure everyone will be riding with other people. Just hitch a ride. The bus thing was unneeded since most who attend will drive in, and its just way to much of a mess. I saw the vegas deal last year what a mess dealing with all of those people. With the timed ticketing we have different times OMG that would have been a nightmare.

Larry

hauntedhousenut
03-18-2009, 03:53 PM

How is the parking for the darkness?

drfrightner
03-18-2009, 05:53 PM
There is a big massive parking lot across the street but DO NOT leave anything in the car. We had a problem with that last year but I doubt it will happen because no one thinks we are open.

Last year we had a police person drive around the parking lot on patrol.

That fixed the problem. But you know how it is if you leave something in the front seat someone will try and take it.

We have done as many as 4,000 people in one night and had no parking problems. You can park all throughout Soulard.

Larry