PDA

View Full Version : Hells gate 2009!!!

UnDeRTaKer313
03-19-2009, 03:58 PM
Allright thus begins the thread for Hells Gate Haunted Attraction 2009.

Just wanted to start this cause were going to be having alot going on soon and hope to keep you all updated.

First off- just awarded a Proclamation from the Mayor stating how much he respects our haunt, and how much he admires our the work we did and for charities. We recieved one from the County as well.

Second- were pretty much pumped and ready to go, only thing holding us back is deciding on a location then were good.

Haunt is going to be around 10,000 square feet. Theme will be released soon.

We have updated site - www.hellsgatehaunt.com

We are currently looking for sponsors as well.

As far as design goes, we got cad models excpet were going to get really detailed and then get concept artwork made up.

Everything is coming along nicely-

were just so close to this thing skyrocketing - as soon as we get in this building there will be no stopping us.

oakhillshaunterTHEFEAR
03-19-2009, 04:01 PM
You already got my inpute Nick. So yea great job wit the site and the awards...

graystone
03-19-2009, 04:59 PM
I wish you the best!!! I know it will be great and I am proud to see the young up and coming guys working so hard! Will you be attending TransWorld? Shane and its I am proud of you Nick! Shane this time!

UnDeRTaKer313
03-19-2009, 05:18 PM
Thank you shane.
It means a lot.

No i am not permitted to attend transworld as i am not 18.
Transworld VP asked to speak with me a few weeks ago and asked me to call her, however i tried to several times and no answere, so idk.
I will however be attending the National Haunters convention in Pennsylvania. They sent me VIP passes week ago- we love them for there support!

scarygoat
03-19-2009, 05:24 PM
Great job! I was bummed that I couldn't attend Transworld either because I am not 18. Is your haunt going to be in a building or outside?

UnDeRTaKer313
03-19-2009, 05:35 PM
currently a building.

However if all else fails we have a 50 acre plot of land for back up, and tents ready to be ordered.

Haunting Copy
03-19-2009, 06:25 PM
Congratulations, Nick!!

How many people can say they received recognition from the mayors of their cities?! WOW!!

Mike Honcho
03-19-2009, 06:27 PM
Congrats Nick hope all goes well for you

UnDeRTaKer313
03-19-2009, 06:28 PM
gracias-
sure is gonna look great for sponsors and getting building donated.

UnDeRTaKer313
03-19-2009, 06:42 PM
Thanks mike
srry was writting other response when you posted thatl ol

Haunts of Richmond
03-19-2009, 08:06 PM
We have updated site - www.hellsgatehaunt.com

Just a little fyi, besides the splash page and first page, I'm only getting errors when I try to look through your website.

UnDeRTaKer313
03-19-2009, 08:16 PM
Ok thank you for letting me know.
What type of browser do you have?
Do you have java script enebled in your settings?
let me know- guess i need to fix something

oakhillshaunterTHEFEAR
03-19-2009, 09:42 PM
I wasn't having any loading problems when going through the pages but they were blank. Idk if they are just blank for now or I'm just not seeing them...

Haunts of Richmond
03-19-2009, 10:35 PM
Ok thank you for letting me know.
What type of browser do you have?
Do you have java script enebled in your settings?
let me know- guess i need to fix something

Internet Explorer Version 7.0.5730.13

I'm pretty sure it's not a java thing on my end... I don't remember having other problems loading java webpages recently.

I'm either getting blank pages when I go to a section... or I get an error. For example, your sponsor page gives me...
Line: 502
Char: 2
Error: 'self[...].src' is null or not an object
Code: 0

Your links page sends me to: http://livepage.apple.com/

UnDeRTaKer313
03-20-2009, 03:08 AM
THANK YOU SO MUch for sending me the actuall error code
we will get the issue resovled.
thanks because sponsorship is the page that needs to work

UnDeRTaKer313
03-23-2009, 01:56 PM
New artwork.
comment please.
going to be splash screen for website

http://i517.photobucket.com/albums/u331/undertakerha13/FIreLettering.png

Nightgore
03-23-2009, 02:07 PM
Nick,

VERY NICE! I only suggest...

-Reduce the amount of space between "Hells Gate" and "Haunted Attraction"
-Add a shadow to "haunted attraction"

Again, very nice work... I am really impressed with how quick your learning! -Tyler

UnDeRTaKer313
03-23-2009, 02:23 PM
thank you
However my skills in dreamweaver are terrible and im dying trying to figure out how to make it work lol
thanks again,

Haunting Copy
03-23-2009, 07:49 PM
thank you
However my skills in dreamweaver are terrible and im dying trying to figure out how to make it work lol
thanks again,

Looks great, Nick! :)

I totally agree with Tyler about adding a shadow to "Haunted Attraction," but I think the spacing is so close, it almost doesn't matter.

Just my two cents.

Question. Is the paper going to burn when the page is active? That would be cool.

UnDeRTaKer313
03-25-2009, 08:15 PM
Facade and Que line concept artwork

This is the design of the entrance and que line
We are hard at work to put togethor an entire collection of concept artwork and designs.

And we will have a new scene every night.
So keep checking back.

Also had some great meetings with charities and investors, and this weekend could be a big weekend for us. talking to some big investors!

http://i517.photobucket.com/albums/u331/undertakerha13/FacadeConcept.jpg

UnDeRTaKer313
03-27-2009, 03:15 AM
Wow thats awesome!
Thank you for the support.

You work for bruce at reign of terror?
I have a lot of respect for bruce and his team. The work you guys do is amazing, and bruce has been very helpful this last year.

Thanks again, thats very awesome.

UnDeRTaKer313
03-27-2009, 04:27 AM
Asylum scene- rough idea
Please comment
http://i517.photobucket.com/albums/u331/undertakerha13/AsylumConcept.jpg

scarygoat
03-27-2009, 06:29 AM
I definitely agree about the shadow on the "Haunted Attraction", but I think there is enough space between the "Hells Gate." On the asylum scene it might be a good idea to have a couple turns instead of just a long hallway. So I'm guessing your haunt is going to have multiple themes and stuff. Not just one main theme.

actiondeath
03-27-2009, 10:38 AM
Asylum scene- rough idea
Please comment
http://i517.photobucket.com/albums/u331/undertakerha13/AsylumConcept.jpg

The haunt I used to work for had a setup just like this! One thing that is kinda cool and works really well (if you have the space) is running corridors behind each row of cells, connecting them so that the actors can move freely between them. They can "Scooby Doo" in and out of the cells and, if it's done right, it can make a couple of actors seem like more. Another cool thing we did was we made the path come through the last cell on the left. The patrons had to enter a cell to get out of the hallway and it kept the dead end look at the end of the asylum hall.

You can see what I mean by "Scooby Doo"-ing at the end of this video. I know yer a youngin'. May not be real familiar with the term. Heh...

urhG0DNBlA0

Greg Chrise
03-27-2009, 12:21 PM
Marilyn Manson always gets the hotties.

UnDeRTaKer313
03-27-2009, 08:55 PM
Thanks for input.
im adding drop shadow on all of it now, if you notice.
In addition here are two more scenes.
Also were redoing the asylum-with actual layout, before we were just looking to get over theme.

let me know what you think of the following 2.
http://i517.photobucket.com/albums/u331/undertakerha13/AlleyConcept.jpg
http://i517.photobucket.com/albums/u331/undertakerha13/ChopShopConcept.jpg

UnDeRTaKer313
03-29-2009, 08:15 PM
hope you all had good time at transworld.
we were here hard at work lol
news about haunt

-meeting with Make-A-Wish Foundation this week
-meeting with Ronald McDonald House this week
-Haunted Mansion concept artwork and plans be online tommorow
-new website will be online soon with live update of haunt and possiblitiy of live construction webcam!!!
-We are constructing an official schedule and it is in to-do list form and is totally over easily over 10 pages and were no where close to being done, going to be a busy year.
-had video conference today with co-owner and board members, haunt is on schedule and everything is looking good, great progress, prop building happening over spring break
-Getting building finalized

Haunting Copy
03-30-2009, 12:41 AM
Nick, it looks great!

I'll be working on your letter starting tomorrow. Be sure to check your e-mail. :)

Also, can you add your website to your signature? That way we can easily get to your site when you post new developments.

UnDeRTaKer313
04-03-2009, 03:18 PM
Meeting with executive directors of ronald mcdonald house next thursday
Meeting with some local haunt owners to work on cross promotion this weekend

UnDeRTaKer313
04-14-2009, 03:43 PM
BIG update later this week.
- were making this happen guys and gals.
- gonna be a year of our lives we will never forget !

Killer Katie
04-14-2009, 07:44 PM
looks pretty sweet! Where are you located?

UnDeRTaKer313
04-14-2009, 10:48 PM
Northwest OHio.
Thank you, we will have more exact location soon.

UnDeRTaKer313
04-16-2009, 08:59 AM
Speaking with building owner later today.
We should know something by end of weekend.
Your all gonna love this building.

HUGE!!!! greatest location ever as well.

BruiseMuse
04-16-2009, 09:18 AM
Congrats, I'm glad things are going well for you.

UnDeRTaKer313
04-16-2009, 09:21 AM
thank you !
Were probably going to have 2 buildings to work with as well.
one specifically for building props and wall panels and stuff.
other one to construct full haunted house is.
It all depends- but that is actually our cheapest route due to utility costs of large building are insane!

txaschainsaw
04-16-2009, 05:10 PM
Looking nice Nick!

One thing, it may have already been brought to your attention, but there is absolutely nothing on your site... all there is a home page with you logo, and everything else is blank...

maybe its just my computer, but i just thought id inform you

UnDeRTaKer313
04-16-2009, 07:21 PM
well it looks like its going to play out like this, but nothing is 100% yet.

-Were getting a 10,000 square foot building to build wall panels, props, construct scenes and stuff, ect. Its got a paint booth in the middle big enough to paint entire panels in. Its a perfect place to work, also i believe it has offices in there as well.

-August we will load everything up onto a truck, and unload it in our full building, in a prime location. This building is 40,000 square feet, perfect location, high ceilings, fire sprinkler system, ect.

-Then piece the haunt together, get inspected and open that sucker up.

-I will have pictures coming soon.

-its been a really stressful week, this haunt is driving me mad =(.

UnDeRTaKer313
04-16-2009, 07:22 PM
oh and a new working website will be up soon.

scarygoat
04-16-2009, 07:48 PM
40,000??!!! Wow, nice man, this has got to be expensive. When we were planning and building our haunt last year it was really stressful for me, of course not as stressful as what you are doing considering yours is on a much bigger scale. This year isn't as stressful though because I've already done it once so I can do it again lol. I wish I was close enough so I could stop by when it's open. I hope all goes well.

Jake

UnDeRTaKer313
04-16-2009, 08:15 PM
Yeah, thanks
well the building is 40,000.
haunt square footage is undertermined, but it will not take up whole building.
We need a large area to house the bands, and dance floor and stuff,
Place for other activities, que line, our full consession area, ect.

But haunt is still gonna be huge. lol

Killer Katie
04-16-2009, 08:17 PM
I hope you've started building your props and stuff! I know the pressure of having one month to put up several haunted houses, and it's more stress than you've seen so far!
I wish you all the luck!!! :)

scarygoat
04-16-2009, 08:21 PM
LOL, ya I didn't think the haunt would be the entire 40,000, but still, that is a big building and it gives you a lot of room to work with. Speaking of props, I gotta go finish my corpse, lol. Good luck!

UnDeRTaKer313
04-16-2009, 08:22 PM
lol were way behind
but were working our asses off, school is just getting in the way.

We just started building props, and were just getting all our molding, casting, and painting supplies for them.
Problem is really no place to work and we were low on funds.
Both of which is solved, as we just signed partnership with The MAke A wish foundation and there gonna help us get donations.
We also are getting the letter and Tax id number to give to building owner for place to build.

scarygoat
04-16-2009, 08:27 PM
Nice, I wish I could come help! LOL! Too bad I'm in VA. Have you used camo netting in your past haunts, if so where do you get it? I'm trying to stock up on camo netting, erosion cloth, and burlap type stuff for Twisted Terror this year.

UnDeRTaKer313
04-16-2009, 08:33 PM
lol just having your support is helping, i swear its been one of the toughest weeks ever, not agreeing with other buisness partners, spending money that i can afford to spend, and just not getting any sleep cause im worrying so much about what needs to be done, and how behind we are.

but for that stuff umm Oak Island Productions should carry it.
also check your local fabric stores, we need soooo much of that stuff as well, it makes wonderful ceiling material .

scarygoat
04-16-2009, 08:38 PM
Ya, but Oak Island only sells the big rolls and we don't need that much of it, but I just found a place called Fright Theatre, they sell erosion cloth and at a great price. I'll have to look for camo netting some place else. I should be able to get burlap from walmart or home depot hopefully. I need burlap for the haunt and props.

UnDeRTaKer313
04-17-2009, 04:23 PM
http://i517.photobucket.com/albums/u331/undertakerha13/Banner3.jpg (http://www.hellsgatehaunt.com)
new banner
site is working now, but no content.

UnDeRTaKer313
04-17-2009, 09:17 PM
http://i517.photobucket.com/albums/u331/undertakerha13/2009logo.jpg
http://i517.photobucket.com/albums/u331/undertakerha13/Banner3-1.jpg

The Mad Hatter
04-18-2009, 01:29 AM
Love the website! Props for the designers. By the way you have some 1,000 views on this thread, props on that one too man! Everyone in this industry has been checking the development of this haunt! Most of us will say we have high hopes for you! The progress that you have made, and you being the owner at your age, you make me jealous! I wish I could have owned a haunt, well just not a haunt but a Haunted Attraction, on my own, at your age! If you Pull this off you will change the course of the haunt industry, in my opinion! Best of Luck, and don't give up as hard as things may seem. Dang...

-Frank Balzer

UnDeRTaKer313
04-18-2009, 08:59 AM
WOW- hopefully you know how much that means to me... if you dont... it means a LOT!
I designed the website-had friend implement Joomla! into it.
yeah lol idk what to say, other than...damn the pressure is on ... hahah

thank you so much.
more info coming soon on this, need to get this building, were like days away.

beardedbil
04-18-2009, 09:28 AM
What kind of lease are you looking at for 40,000 sq ft? Here in NY i have looked at buildings of the same size and the lowest i can get is $1 per sq ft per month. Making a lease of that building $40k a month... just curious what kind of deal you struck.

UnDeRTaKer313
04-18-2009, 09:34 AM
It took like 50 phone calls, but eventually we just got lucky and were just gonna pay for utilities and its gonna be a charitable donation, since were benefiting The Make A wish foundation.
There was a haunt that they let do it in the building every year, and now they dont want to do it inside, they want to try outside, so they are letting us use the building for the 2 months they would be in it. However we are working to get it for longer.

Idk if i talked about it earlier, but we got a 10,000+ square foot warehouse were working on too, that we should have an answer next week. This will be only for building in.

UnDeRTaKer313
04-18-2009, 08:12 PM
l website is up and running and there is some content on it.
its not finished, but you can check it out.

www.hellsgatehaunt.com (http://www.hellsgatehaunt.com)

UnDeRTaKer313
04-19-2009, 05:15 PM
http://i517.photobucket.com/albums/u331/undertakerha13/ED-ComingSoonAD.jpg

brad
04-19-2009, 06:06 PM
What?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

UnDeRTaKer313
04-19-2009, 06:26 PM
http://i517.photobucket.com/albums/u331/undertakerha13/ED-AnWebBanner.gif

UnDeRTaKer313
04-19-2009, 07:43 PM
MORE ARTWORK- please comment
http://i517.photobucket.com/albums/u331/undertakerha13/HA-Wallpaper-1.jpg

The Mad Hatter
04-20-2009, 12:05 AM
Jeeeez make up your mind and pick something all ready.... looks good thought and Huh?? Hells Gate energy drink?? You starting another company on the side???

-Frank

UnDeRTaKer313
04-20-2009, 04:09 AM
i know, i know... lol. this is final design i swear.

heres the deal on the energy drink. Were going through screaming zombie enerrgy drink, and we are just getting out custom label for it, upc code, ect, and then were going to be talking with all the stores and gas stations around the area to carry the drink. We will advertise where they can get the drink, and that if they buy a can, they will get a 3 dollar off coupon. So for them the drink is essentially free. So we are bringing in traffic to the stores with the drink, and getting a shit ton of publicity off of it.

Kevin Dells
04-20-2009, 04:16 AM
undertaker don't set your goals too high on that energy drink bringing in tons of people, we were on a quarter million Pepsi cans with our haunt for a season and only got 73 back and they as well had 3 dollars off.

Many local gas stations and grocery stores had displays it was really shocking that it wasn't a huge promotion afterall, were certainly were very excited about it when it happened.

UnDeRTaKer313
04-20-2009, 04:35 AM
Im not setting them too high.
Were working on pepsi as well for the same thing your talking about, and were just hoping to bring in some people, but i think people over look the pepsi cans, because they dont expect to find anything on them.

also i dont want to make it rich with the energy drink, but i figure i got to give marketing an honest effort, to know what we can do if we put all of our efforts into it. If we can keep costs down on that, i think it could be huge.

UnDeRTaKer313
04-20-2009, 09:34 PM
CLICK BANNER BELOW OR CLICK THIS WHOLE THING!! (http://www.hellsgatehaunt.com)

UnDeRTaKer313
04-20-2009, 09:37 PM
btw - please let me know if you get any spam, ive been working with it for a while and have not gotten any.
- if i get any reports i will have to change services.

-and also if you get annoyed by th updates you can go to the same thing and click unsubscribe.

UnDeRTaKer313
04-30-2009, 03:30 PM
WE JUST GOT THE CALL, THAT WE GOT THE BUILDING!!!
there sending someone to drop off the keys tommorow, we will take pics as soon as we get in.

BruiseMuse
04-30-2009, 04:26 PM
Congrats! That is awesome!

Jolly Pumpkin
04-30-2009, 09:19 PM
That's incredible.You must be jumping and down about now. I'm sure Hells Gate will be a success and I'm looking forward to it.

UnDeRTaKer313
05-01-2009, 04:34 AM
got the call in school. i started running and screaming down the hallway. IT was pretty intense. im so excited.

UnDeRTaKer313
05-01-2009, 03:58 PM
were now officially in the building.
Here are pics.
Please be adviced, this is only for construction of props, panels, getting lighting and effects ready, painting, and for buisness meetings.
Good stuff. I dont even know how many thousand square feet it is, its got an enormous working area, then a big working area, and a 300 square foot painting booth, and finally around 1000 square feet in office space.

http://i517.photobucket.com/albums/u331/undertakerha13/0501091652a-1.jpg
http://i517.photobucket.com/albums/u331/undertakerha13/0501091652b-1.jpg
http://i517.photobucket.com/albums/u331/undertakerha13/0501091652c.jpg
http://i517.photobucket.com/albums/u331/undertakerha13/0501091652d.jpg

UnDeRTaKer313
05-01-2009, 03:59 PM
http://i517.photobucket.com/albums/u331/undertakerha13/0501091651a.jpg
http://i517.photobucket.com/albums/u331/undertakerha13/0501091651.jpg

Here are the office pics.

brad
05-01-2009, 04:22 PM
Congrats man!!! The best of luck to you guys this year!!!

Darkblood
05-01-2009, 05:54 PM
Looks awesome man!
We got a building offered to us last year...it's in o-kay shape...perfect for a haunt!
And last year was a success!
From the looks of things you have a passion and will do great!
BTW, who does your logo's/site? We were looking into sites/logo's a few months ago (before Christmas) and then I got laid off and a new job then back to my old one...so money is tight and we probably can't go with some of the options we were going to.
You can PM me if you like. :)
Thanks!

Kirk

UnDeRTaKer313
05-01-2009, 09:15 PM
thank you.
i do the artwork, and i could do it for you for cheap.
and then i had a friend intergrate my site design into a fully functional joomla site.
but i could probably set you up something similiar.

scarygoat
05-01-2009, 10:01 PM
WOW! I wish I just had that for our haunt. Ya, I don't really know how to make a site for our haunt this year. But I at least wanted to have some kind of cool looking logo for our posters or something.

UnDeRTaKer313
05-01-2009, 10:24 PM
both of you can send me an email at nick@hellsgatehaunt.com
i can hook you up with a sweet logo, and if you want a website done i could make that happen if you would like as well. and because im just officially starting to do graphic art work for haunts im doing it for super cheap.

Here is a logo i just did for a Band
http://i517.photobucket.com/albums/u331/undertakerha13/Lostinthelight-2.jpg

UnDeRTaKer313
05-01-2009, 10:25 PM
oh and i just got an Art Director on board so we can pretty make anything happen.
I might start a seperate thread for this if people are interested.

scarygoat
05-02-2009, 08:23 PM
Sounds awesome! You might be getting an email from me soon.

UnDeRTaKer313
05-02-2009, 08:31 PM
Excellent.
Im working on Darkbloods artwork now.

Im going to make a thread, stating prices, and officially announcing that im doing graphic artwork

UnDeRTaKer313
05-10-2009, 04:37 PM
http://i517.photobucket.com/albums/u331/undertakerha13/t-shirtdesign.jpg
here is a t-shirt i just designed and printing this week.
anybody want to buy one?
anybody got comments?

badlander2000
05-11-2009, 09:24 PM
That is without a doubt the most bitchin' T-shirt design I have seen in a while! Great job! The audiovisual design group: Xana Creations, I am a member of does graphics like this but we are not currently providing public graphic services. Although you can see and hear past works at our website.

http://www.xanacreations.com

UnDeRTaKer313
05-11-2009, 09:40 PM
Thanks. il check out your site. it sounds cool.
Im getting a lot of positive feedback from the shirts, im just hoping i can market them well to make some serious profit.!

UnDeRTaKer313
05-16-2009, 09:57 AM
Moving into building today!

damon carson
05-16-2009, 11:36 AM
The building looks good Nick Congrats! How bout a few free samples of that energy drink to your hauntworld friends. LOL!
Damon

UnDeRTaKer313
05-16-2009, 08:44 PM
oh yeah, i will hook you all up. =)
im still waiting to get a sample myself!!!
been waiting for about 3 weeks, so idk.

PumpkinGIRL
05-16-2009, 11:06 PM
YOur Haunted House Sounds Very Cool, Where is Your Haunt Located? How Long Have been open? If you could answer these questions for me it would be great I would love to come see your haunt if I could.

badlander2000
05-17-2009, 01:14 AM
You've set up in the building but, are you prepared to start building? Have you already planned the whole thing?

Raycliff Manor
05-17-2009, 02:34 AM
Hey Nick, I'm just catching up on your progress. Congratulations man! It looks like you've really gone after it and you are reaping the benefits my friend! It's a wild roller-coaster ride, but remember to enjoy the ride! Don't sweat the small stuff and remember to laugh, both at yourself and at life. It's as much about the journey as it is about the destination... and the destination is ever evolving anyway, as you set your goals higher and higher while realizing each step of your dream! Way to go Nick! Take a deep breath, look around you and bask in the manifestation of the fruits of your labors. Then jump back in with all your passion. I'm looking forward to following your progress and seeing your concept art come to life in Hells Gate!;)

Kel

UnDeRTaKer313
05-17-2009, 07:08 AM
Thank you for the encouraging words!
We are located in Toledo, Ohio.

I am battling school, and trying to get entire thing designed and get all of the supplies to build it.
Its just chaos over here and idk how anything is going to work out yet.

UnDeRTaKer313
05-21-2009, 07:12 AM
I would just like to thank everybody for there support.
And be sure not to forget to show your support for Hell's Gate on the top 13 contest.!!!
Vote for us for home haunt, as we havent officially been open as a pro haunt yet.
Thank you everybody!

UnDeRTaKer313
06-03-2009, 12:09 PM
LET THE MADNESS BEGIN!!!!
ive officially out of school. the summer is here.
let the haunting begin.

MMManiac
06-03-2009, 01:45 PM
Best of luck in building Nick. Keep us posted with pictures and what not! :)

UnDeRTaKer313
06-05-2009, 12:24 PM
http://www.bing.com/maps/default.aspx?v=2&FORM=LMLTCP&cp=qykzmx80ykvt&style=b&lvl=1&tilt=-90&dir=0&alt=-1000&phx=0&phy=0&phscl=1&scene=13337056&encType=1

here is our building.
its around 40,000 square feet.
pretty neat.

UnDeRTaKer313
06-17-2009, 07:52 AM
1/3 of the lumber is getting droped off tommorow.
were doing it in thirds because no lumber yard in the city has enough on stock, and we dont want to wait for them to get our full order in stock, plus it will be nice to use part then when weve got that done, we order more, so theres not so much lumber stacked to the ceiling.

UnDeRTaKer313
06-23-2009, 08:43 PM
Sorry guys, its really tough to update this blog thingy often, this haunt is mentally and physically exhausting. anyway here is a quick update ive been posting on all our stuff.

Tommorow (Wednesday) is going to be a huge day.
We have 2 big meeting, and need a lot of workers to help out when were not there.
We have a meeting with the fire marshall, this is essentially going to tell us if our haunt will be up to code, and able to open to public if we keep doing what were doing.
The second meeting is with a representative from National Amusements - Screenvisions. We are going to see if we can get the new commercials that we are producing for 2009 in the movie theaters.
For this trailer we have a professional company - Cool Media Productions producing it, and we also have a professional music producer creating us a fully custom music theme song- sound track!
We are working really hard over here, and after tommorow we will actually start putting up the panels we have been building and painting and lighting ect. We will be posting pictures soon, keep checking back.
as usually we need help as well.

thehauntedhollows
06-24-2009, 06:42 AM
Yep it sounds like you guys will be working around the clock all summer. It will be tough but fun at the same time- I'm sure you already know that. You guys are really going all out, especially with ads in movie theatres, I love it.

Keep driving forward, and I can't wait to see some pictures.

UnDeRTaKer313
06-24-2009, 03:37 PM
Photos coming soon.
The first section goes up in pre-construction tomorrow.
The basic layout pics will be posted then.

We knocked out 100 panels before 11 am this morning. Then completely re did our warehouse and got everything ready to go. Tommorow at 7 am we set up just about 2,000 square feet of haunt. Will be some really cool detaile stuff.

UnDeRTaKer313
06-28-2009, 01:43 PM
2009 Super Rough Draft "Teaser" Video. Im showing it to video company tommorow and he will put togethor an amazing version. I think with how people just over look commercials on t.v. this would get everyones attention if put togethor right.
Let me know how "effective" it is.
KcKxUOeRpsI

shredman
07-06-2009, 03:39 PM
I think it was a pretty good and attention grabbing commercial... 7 out of 10... I wanna see more pics dude, lol

UnDeRTaKer313
07-06-2009, 05:39 PM
lol i think i might post like 2 pics tommorow.
just of the haunted mansion area.
im visiting all of the thrift stores within 30 miles tommorow and getting tons of furniture for haunt.
things are just a big old stress thing over here. commitments that were made are now broken so we have to downsize the haunt a lot, and put every dime of our own into just decorating it and making sure actors are amazing.
were gonna shoot some commercials wednesday or thursday. its gonna have little footage of the haunt in there too, but mostly informative and some great acting, OH and its in full HD lol.

scarygoat
07-06-2009, 05:42 PM
Do you know how many square feet you haunt itself is yet?

UnDeRTaKer313
07-06-2009, 05:48 PM
no. essentially we have the funds, but we dont have the time, volunteers, or organization. a very tough situation here.

scarygoat
07-06-2009, 05:50 PM
Wait was that a reply to my question?

UnDeRTaKer313
07-06-2009, 06:05 PM
yeah. sorry i guess it wasnt really direct.
NO-we dont have a set square footage the haunt will be yet.
were gonna just see how much time we have, we have to do 2000 sqft at a time in our pre fab building. right now the first 2000 is just finishing up paint. we ordered wood, built the whole thing and almost finished paint in 2 weeks.

so once this is done, we will see where we are at and see how much time we have, and decide the total size it will be.

scarygoat
07-06-2009, 06:10 PM
Oh alright, you'll just have to play it by ear I guess then. Good Luck

UnDeRTaKer313
07-07-2009, 04:09 PM
Construction PICS!
nothing over the top is in place yet.
im planning to build some crazy props starting tommorow.

http://s843.photobucket.com/albums/zz360/Hellsgate2009/?albumview=grid&fullsize=0625091145b.jpg (http://s843.photobucket.com/albums/zz360/Hellsgate2009/?albumview=grid&fullsize=0625091145b.jpg)

shredman
07-08-2009, 09:40 AM
what kinda wood u using?

Twin Locusts
07-08-2009, 09:54 AM
Lumber, beautiful lumber.

That looks like a great team you have there. I saw 100 panel's stacked there, how long did it take to assemble them?

Is that Luan board? I have no idea what that stuff goes for per sheet, very thin, very light, pretty strong.

I love progress, whether my own or someone elses, good to see all that work getting done.

Darkangel
07-08-2009, 10:05 AM
How can you afford to buy so much wood and supplies? Do you have alot in savings? Looks to be thousands invested already...

Darkangel

FEAR ASYLUM
07-08-2009, 10:20 AM
yeah man you got it going on there , every thing looks awesome and you are dedicated and thats what matters the more then any thing . you guys will have a killer haunt , and as for how you can afford it , thats no ones business but yours man . always remember some things are better left unsaid but keep ripping right along and congrats to you and your crew you are doing an awesome job bro i need help with getting a site up and running to, hauntingarkansas@yahoo.com talk to you soon man

MDKing
07-08-2009, 04:39 PM
Actually that was a good question posted. Without going into specifics I'm sure many people would be interested in learning how to raise the capital to get going with a budget and purchasing supplies. It's tough out there these days!

Allan

UnDeRTaKer313
07-08-2009, 05:56 PM
thanks for all the positive comments everyone.
there are 100 panels done right now.
my master plan will be posted in a while. looking at over double that, with 2 haunted houses, probably whats going to happen.

As for how we get our money, i will leave that to someone else to give tips and stuff.
Our finances are private, sorry.
I will tell you this, we are very fortunate with the entire situation and i never forget how lucky i am to be able to make this happen.

shredman
07-08-2009, 05:58 PM
The best advice anyone could give about money is spend tons of money like 10000 dollars or more advertising and make a shitload of profit at the haunt.

And Nick it really looks great.

UnDeRTaKer313
07-08-2009, 06:07 PM
lol thanks man.

shredman
07-08-2009, 08:29 PM
No problem, oh and I wanna buy a banner or graphic

UnDeRTaKer313
07-08-2009, 08:50 PM
k, send me email with info if you want it for next year. cause i cant do it this year.

shredman
07-08-2009, 09:08 PM
I will once I get some extra money together.

The Mad Hatter
07-09-2009, 05:35 PM
Holy F#$& !!! I haven't been on this forum for a long time since I got myself a Bachelor pad and moved out. I haven't had internet for the longest time! I felt so Isolated, Now I can bother everyone on this forum again.

I honestly did not know the magnitude of this project you were undertaking seems at this rate you will have the whole warehouse filled..... I understand you don't talk about Finances. Seems like you may be a gigolo, or doing something illegal. *In reality you may have conservative and moderately wealthy parents who are very supportive of this hobby, hoping the discipline taken towards this activity will help you later in life. Parents may also happen to own a few small warehouse's.*

It is rather interesting, I have never really understood something to the fullest extent till recently. When you are successful at something and you look back on it you tend to realize all the help you got. You cannot get somewhere in life without other people giving you a hand. You are extremely fortunate to have a band hard working friends. They seem to be extremely motivated in the photos you have posted. Bruce and I wish there were more people with that type of motivation helping us. We make due with what we have.

The construction photos look really great, awesome paint job on some of the panels. Where will you be storing them???

sincerely,

Frank Balzer
FrankWillisBalzer@yahoo.com
Reign Of Terror Charity Haunted House
www.EvilIsLurking.com

UnDeRTaKer313
07-09-2009, 05:52 PM
hey! btw just dropped you guys an email today wondering how your haunt is goin? and for some pics.
yeah theses are just base coats.no major detail painting, or any detail has been done, other than some spraypaint stuff.
were looking at around 200+ panels to start this year. we are only using a few walls from last year, cause they got so much positive attention.
but NO the financing is not coming from my parents. but it sure would make things easier lol. were doing the haunt for make a wish so lots of donations came up on buildings. as for the other stuff it kinda just fell into place.

TheTreasureHaunt
07-09-2009, 07:12 PM
According to the pics, you're already off to quite a start. Good luck, not that you need it! It sounds like you're doing very well.

UnDeRTaKer313
07-12-2009, 02:38 PM
thanks for support everyone.
just wanted to let you know that we got our artwork done professionally and it looks unbelievable! your all gonna love it, right now im just waiting to get the final full resolution and get it laid out on a poster.
YOUR GONNA LOVE IT!!!

UnDeRTaKer313
07-12-2009, 08:29 PM
THIS IS A PRERELEASE!
FINAL WILL BE RELEASED IN A FEW DAYS
NOT TO BE COPIED TO ANY OTHER FORUMS, OR SITES, ALL INFO IS TENTATIVE.
PLEASE COMMENT.

http://i843.photobucket.com/albums/zz360/Hellsgate2009/ClownSample1.jpg

UnDeRTaKer313
07-12-2009, 08:45 PM
http://i843.photobucket.com/albums/zz360/Hellsgate2009/ClownSample2.jpg

shredman
07-12-2009, 08:50 PM
dude thats awesome

UnDeRTaKer313
07-12-2009, 08:52 PM
Thanks, this was like his first draft kinda deal thats hes sold to a bunch of companies.
Hes making us a custom one, ditching the cigar, and making more scary, and probably bloody

BarbieHaunt
07-12-2009, 09:00 PM
The poster and logo are both great! I have one suggestion on the poster for morons like me, who had to look at it twice to figure it out. I would add a hyphen between September 25 and October 31, and if you're going to do that and still have time to do it, I would probably also add a hyphen between 6pm and 11pm. That way it would be more clear that it's every Fri, Sat and Sun between those dates and that it's not just at 6pm and 11pm, but that's just a suggestion.

Like I said, I think it looks great!

UnDeRTaKer313
07-12-2009, 09:08 PM
oh crap. lol thank you.
but i totally ment to make those changes and completely forgot iudfhgsudf.
thank you haha ill make those changes and get the final image from artist tommorow.

UnDeRTaKer313
07-13-2009, 07:42 PM
http://i843.photobucket.com/albums/zz360/Hellsgate2009/ClownPoster.jpg

UnDeRTaKer313
07-16-2009, 08:22 PM
http://s843.photobucket.com/albums/zz360/Hellsgate2009/?albumview=slideshow
some more construction pics. nothing cool yet, just experimenting with scenic painting

Haunts of Richmond
07-16-2009, 09:24 PM
Nice job.... definitely showing tons of progress. Looking forward to see how it's going to look in a couple months.

- Ryan

UnDeRTaKer313
07-17-2009, 05:27 PM
http://s843.photobucket.com/albums/zz360/Hellsgate2009/?albumview=grid

more pics, first few are the new ones.
this is our morgue. At 3pm all that was there, was grey walls, and tables.
now check it out.

BarbieHaunt
07-17-2009, 05:31 PM
A LOT of progress was made today! Looks very creepy!!!!!

scattered screams
07-17-2009, 05:53 PM
I have to Say Nick it's really coming along keep up the progress pics.

UnDeRTaKer313
07-28-2009, 05:41 PM
allright thought i would fill everybody in that we will not be posting pictures on here until the end of the season, we are putting everything on lockdown cause its driving everyone in town crazy trying to figure out what were up to lol

we move into the sweeetest building ever in 2 weeks. =) yeah!
extremely excited, but the move is gonna suck lol

shredman
07-28-2009, 06:56 PM
wait i thought you had a building? haha

UnDeRTaKer313
07-28-2009, 07:34 PM
i got 2.
pre fab building and on site event building.

weve been in the pre fab building all summer and allready have everything worked out to move into the on site event building in 2 weeks, now we just wait for moving day!!!!!!!

brad
07-28-2009, 07:49 PM
Sounds great Nick!!

Let us know how the move goes.

WickedWillow
07-28-2009, 07:52 PM
Have fun with the move and all of it!

UnDeRTaKer313
08-03-2009, 08:44 PM
Today at the haunt, Marcy Kaptur from the House of Representatives gave us a visit!!! She was so impressed. Also the president of The Make A Wish Foundation stopped by as well. It was amazing, they all loved it. and we have all there contact info and there gonna help us really grow the company.

Also we just got our own phone number and a cool new system
our number is 661-SCR-EAM1 =) pretty neat huh.

oh and were building our huge entrance way, it looks hardcore.

badlander2000
08-04-2009, 02:18 AM
Wow, Nick that is incredible, I wish I could get the town Building Inspector from down the street to come to my haunt! Anyways good morgue and I guess you are experiencing the pre-home haunt stress rush x10 with this new professional endeavor but, it has to be exciting nonetheless. It will suck even more though when senior year starts and you have to take it down, set it up in another building and take it down again. Good luck and hope all goes well!

UnDeRTaKer313
08-04-2009, 07:19 AM
yes sir, its gonna suck quite a lot =)
but right now, im just living the dream.

UnDeRTaKer313
08-04-2009, 07:32 AM
I encourage everyone on the forum to read this paragraph.

I came home yesterday after a 14 hour workday, or just working like absolute made, i could barely move and was covered in saw dust, ruined a $40 pair of paints cause they were covered in deck stain and paint. My dad was pulling up behind me in the driveway. I looked at him and said.
"you know if i worked this long of a day, or this hard, and didnt completely love what i was doing, id be the most miserable person on earth."

UnDeRTaKer313
08-04-2009, 08:44 AM
Just got off the phone with monster.
They are sponsoring us. Bringing out tons of product. They are bringing out the truck, setting up tents, there having monster pong, tons of free give aways. ECT. wow im so pumped right now.

shawnc
08-04-2009, 10:20 AM
Just got off the phone with monster.
They are sponsoring us. Bringing out tons of product. They are bringing out the truck, setting up tents, there having monster pong, tons of free give aways. ECT. wow im so pumped right now.

That's cool. That's one of those things that gives you credibility and promotion that money can't buy. Well, that small amounts of money can't buy.

You're right about the hard work thing. There are many people working jobs they hate and are miserable. Even if the work isn't so hard, it helps to be doing something you like.

FEAR ASYLUM
08-04-2009, 11:18 PM
hey nick who do i contact for monster can you give me any pointers as to where to start man i would really appreciate it you dont remember me from a couple years ago but you should lets just say you asked a hell of alot of questions and we answered lol and now you are livin the dream my friend so good haunting and please tell me who i go througfh for monster sponsorship

Haunts of Richmond
08-05-2009, 12:42 AM
please tell me who i go througfh for monster sponsorship

Nick can probably answer this, but I'll throw in my 2 cents... I went through our local Monster Energy distributor and secured a cross promotion deal this year. We'll let them come on site and hand out as much stuff as they want (drinks, swag, etc)... as well as giving them a title sponsor to our "college night," and all they needed to do for us was create a few signs. Pretty simple and it worked! Now we save money by not having to pay for more "parking" signs or "merchandise" signs... and give our customers free drinks and Monster prizes every Thursday!

Oh, and you look a heck of a lot more professional!

- Ryan

UnDeRTaKer313
08-05-2009, 05:23 AM
call monster, and ask to talk to someone about getting donations.
if they tell you to send in a letter say you are, you just want to speak with them to get a better feel for the company and stuff, dont take no for an answere this part is crutial.

then when you talk to the person in sponsorship. they will tell you the email address and then there is a specific topic that you have to put in the subject line of the email.
You are looking for the Monster Energy Team. in your email, briefly explain your event and then explain that time is of the essense now, and that you want a contact blah blah blah..... you get the picture.
make it happen bro!

i sent out my first email over 4 months ago. got a few B.S. emails back and just got the official one yesterday

now with your idea. we are doing that in addition. We got the local distributer to donate product, give us huge discounts. In addition im going to ask them if they would like to be on site and stuff.

UnDeRTaKer313
08-05-2009, 07:28 PM
we may have just acquired the greatest set of actors the haunted house industry has ever seen, i dont want to release any information yet, seeing as nothing is for sure and i dont want to give anything away, but in the next week, expect to see this haunt go from ordinary to revolutionary.

UnDeRTaKer313
08-06-2009, 01:53 PM
broke out the makeup and latex today and made a 3 part prosthetic mask. Its just sitting on a foam head, so its not lined up and what not.
but kinda neat. oh and this has nothing to do with the previous post.

http://i843.photobucket.com/albums/zz360/Hellsgate2009/0806091512a.jpg

badlander2000
08-06-2009, 02:16 PM
Haha...cool! I wish I could make something that good.

UnDeRTaKer313
08-06-2009, 03:53 PM
thank. its actually extremely extremely easy. just got to experiment and get creative.
IT was a fun day, we just played around with masks and worked on creating the perfect blood recipe.
Also that picture is just of the 3 pieces sitting on a foam head, when its on it blends perfects.

DarkTikiEntertainment
10-15-2009, 12:18 PM
I've been following your progress since last year, when you were a home haunt. It's cool to see your progression. I'd be interested to hear details about your dealings with local officials to get your haunt approved to open. I'd especially be interested to hear about your dealings with your local fire marshal.