PDA

View Full Version : Cue Line Stuff!

Tater
03-22-2009, 10:28 PM
Dear Readers

I just got done talking to a theater here in town and they have given me HEAPS of movie trailers on Film...to do whatever I want with. I was thinking some of yall could get some of these from the horror movies that released this year...splice them in with some footage of your haunt and play them in the cue line. Right now ive got Friday the 13th(New Movie) with promises of more to come. Thought i would give yall a heads up for a cheap thing to do in the cue line while your customers are waiting....

Haunting Copy
03-23-2009, 12:02 AM
Might want to check this against copyright laws. :confused:

Allen H
03-23-2009, 05:46 AM
not for trailers, they are produced specifically for promotional purposes.

Haunting Copy
03-23-2009, 06:53 AM
not for trailers, they are produced specifically for promotional purposes.

But isn't that for promoting the movies themselves?

damon carson
03-23-2009, 08:14 AM
You can still use trailers. Their made to promote the movie whether its in the theatre or on video. Relax, sit down, and think about your scrapbook copy. Alright.... are we better now?
Damon

brad
03-23-2009, 05:15 PM
You can still use trailers. Their made to promote the movie whether its in the theatre or on video. Relax, sit down, and think about your scrapbook copy. Alright.... are we better now?
Damon

Ooohhhh. Ouch!

Are you gonna take that miss platinum?

shawnc
03-23-2009, 07:54 PM
[QUOTE=Tater;62666]Dear Readers

...splice them in with some footage of your haunt....

I think that's the part that would get you in serious trouble. Trailers were made for promotional purposes, but not your promotional purposes.

Haunting Copy
03-23-2009, 08:15 PM
[QUOTE=Tater;62666]Dear Readers

...splice them in with some footage of your haunt....

I think that's the part that would get you in serious trouble. Trailers were made for promotional purposes, but not your promotional purposes.

THANK YOU, SHAWNC! (And here I thought you'd up and disappeared. Yay!)

Haunting Copy
03-23-2009, 08:16 PM
Damon

No, sorry. I've got a war to plan. :mad:

Tater
03-23-2009, 08:58 PM
NO NO NO your misunderstanding what im trying to say....think of it like this...

Trailer Trailer Your Haunts Ad Trailer Trailer HAUNT AD

Like that yall

Haunting Copy
03-23-2009, 09:02 PM
NO NO NO your misunderstanding what im trying to say....think of it like this...

Trailer Trailer Your Haunts Ad Trailer Trailer HAUNT AD

Like that yall

Under copyright laws, I don't think it matters. If you are promoting something - anything - other than the movie itself, you could be asking for trouble.

It has to do with creative works and "public domain." If someone used some piece (no matter how small) of my work to promote anything but my work, then I might have a problem with that.

It may be so that there is nothing wrong with it; I'm not a lawyer. But I'd be soooooo careful before doing that.

Tater
03-23-2009, 09:13 PM
Sarah if you go to a movie does it not play Movie trailer after Movie Trailer...why not throw your own haunt ad in...you are still promoting the movies as well as your haunt

Haunting Copy
03-23-2009, 09:26 PM
Sarah if you go to a movie does it not play Movie trailer after Movie Trailer...why not throw your own haunt ad in...you are still promoting the movies as well as your haunt

Tater, trust me, I'm not arguing the brilliance of the idea. I think it would be wonderful!

I'm just worried about those pain-in-the-butt legal issues. :( I would hate to see a haunt owner run with this, only to have to close down the haunt because they're paying for a lost lawsuit.

I love the idea, though. I only advise using caution and checking things out first, ya know? :)

shawnc
03-23-2009, 10:41 PM
OK, I see what Tater is saying and I agree with him (or is it her?) now.

Provided you don't do anything to the original trailers, with the intent that your patrons might want to go see the movies, I don't think you'll have any problems. But I'm not a lawyer.

Haunting Copy
03-23-2009, 10:45 PM
Ohhh! You mean keeping the trailers intact? Not cutting them up and splicing them with your haunt stuff? That might work. :)

damon carson
03-23-2009, 10:57 PM
Ive seen this done at the Darkness many years ago Tater. Ask Larry if they havent done it. Sarah it will be okay. No hard jabs really. Its just all in good fun though. I have to meet you though you sound fiesty. LOL! You still up for those ribs at Jakes Steaks Ha Ha! Delicious!
Damon

Haunting Copy
03-23-2009, 11:04 PM
Ive seen this done at the Darkness many years ago Tater. Ask Larry if they havent done it. Sarah it will be okay. No hard jabs really. Its just all in good fun though. I have to meet you though you sound fiesty. LOL! You still up for those ribs at Jakes Steaks Ha Ha! Delicious!
Damon

Dear Carson, aka "Toenail Rot": I have taken no offense to your verbal assaults. And oh yes, I shall be there for the ribs. You should take care not to turn your back on yours, bwa-ha-ha-haaaa!

BTW, you are on my "tee-shirt list." Thursday or Friday I'll be wearing a bright orange/yellow t-shirt with the names of people I'm looking for.

damon carson
03-23-2009, 11:47 PM
T-shirt list? Interesting. Are we signing it or you gonna slaughter us and our blood is to be splattered on it?! LOL! Toenail rot I might take offense to that. Thats just plain nasty!
Damon

Haunting Copy
03-24-2009, 12:41 AM
T-shirt list? Interesting. Are we signing it or you gonna slaughter us and our blood is to be splattered on it?!
Damon

Hmm. What a shame it's going to be for the industry to lose someone so creative.

damon carson
03-24-2009, 12:51 AM
Are you referring to mua? If you are thankyou! What is the significance of a red and yellow shirt? You are wearing it two days in a row?
Damon

Haunting Copy
03-24-2009, 01:06 AM
Are you referring to mua? If you are thankyou! What is the significance of a red and yellow shirt? You are wearing it two days in a row?
Damon

Yes, I was referring to you. Don't get all cocky, though. It won't do you any good - for long.

No significance in the color. I just wanted people to be able to read it. That way they can point me to the people I'm looking for. If I don't find everyone the first day, I may have to wear it two days in a row. Damn. That's gross.

damon carson
03-24-2009, 01:19 AM
Lol! You could always turn it wrong side out! Ha Ha! Im not cocky. My enthusiasm and passion for halloween is often mistaken for that though.
Damon

Kevin Dells
03-24-2009, 04:19 AM
Lol! You could always turn it wrong side out!
Damon

This is great advice, keeps the size of the suitcase down to minimum.

I do this with my underwear and socks, if i hit a thrid day of travel i just go commando!

graystone
03-24-2009, 06:50 AM
Just how many names is on the shirt Sarah! Thats a fun idea you need a sharpie and get those people to sign it! That would make for a fun witch hunt! Shane and its I think Damon wants to be Larrys long lost son! Shane this time!

damon carson
03-24-2009, 10:25 AM
Ya and Shane you want to be his defiant step child.
Damon

Haunting Copy
03-24-2009, 11:47 AM
I do this with my underwear and socks, if i hit a thrid day of travel i just go commando!

Kevin, now that's all I'll be able to think about if I see you on the third day. Thanks a lot! :(

JamBam
03-24-2009, 02:59 PM
if there is still time. Put my name on your shirt and have that sharpie ready!!!! lol

Can I pick the spot where my name goes? I know certain people already have the lower back already spoken for... haha

Kevin Dells
03-24-2009, 04:06 PM
Kevin, now that's all I'll be able to think about if I see you on the third day. Thanks a lot! :(

Copy i won't be there unfortunatley, were moving into the new house this coming weekend !

You enjoy the convention, i'll enjoy the veiw of the lake from my deck!!

You can scratch me off your list sweety.

But hey if you want pictures of me in my undies i do have them!! LOL A girl stuck a camera under my skirt last year and took a picture of my cute boy shorts and..... Well nevermind! The pictures worth a 1000 words!

Haunting Copy
03-24-2009, 05:35 PM
Can I pick the spot where my name goes? I know certain people already have the lower back already spoken for... haha

You can pick the spot WITHIN REASON. And no one - I repeat NO ONE - has spoken for anything!

And you don't have to be on "the list" to sign your name. The list was a way to find people with whom I've done business or need to talk to. I want everyone to sign! :)

I think you gentlemen have seriously got the wrong idea, LOL! Men. :roll:

damon carson
03-24-2009, 10:55 PM
Wow now Kevin has a pic for your scrapbook! LOL! What do they say a picture is worth a thousand words.
Damon

Jim Warfield
03-24-2009, 11:09 PM
anywhere near a thousand words all meaning "small", "Tiny", "under-sized", diminutive,minute,little.....

damon carson
03-24-2009, 11:16 PM
Jim are you talking about Shane? LOL!
Damon

Haunting Copy
03-25-2009, 01:17 AM
Wow now Kevin has a pic for your scrapbook! LOL! What do they say a picture is worth a thousand words.
Damon

That one doesn't count. It's from last year. hee hee hee!

Kevin Dells
03-25-2009, 04:28 AM
anywhere near a thousand words all meaning "small", "Tiny", "under-sized", diminutive,minute,little.....

Very Funy! Very Funny! LMAO got me on that one!

Haunting Copy
03-26-2009, 06:54 AM

My dearest Jim, I love you so much!

brad
03-26-2009, 08:12 AM

Let me help..... baby, bantam, bitty, diminutive, inadequate, inconsequential, inconsiderable, insufficient, limited, little, meager, microscopic, mini, miniature, minuscule, minute, modest, narrow, paltry, petite, petty, picayune, piddling, pint-sized, pitiful, pocket-sized, poor, puny, runty, scanty, scrubby, short, shrimp, slight, small-scale, stunted, teensy, teeny, toy, trifling, trivial, undersized, unpretentious, wee, young

jimmyfish
04-20-2009, 02:10 AM
First let me say that I help run a haunt and it is a great idea, however these trailers are the property of the film company and the production house that did it. I am one of those creepy voiced guys that does trailers and I can tell you that we are paid for where it will be used as well as the people that create the ,music, fx ect for these. I personally would not care if a haunt used a trailer with my voice on it without further compensation, but then again...I am in the haunt industry as well.

maliciousstudios
04-20-2009, 02:25 AM
HELL TATER..... tell me, how do I get some trailers from you ?? As long as they are HORROR Im game !

Jim Warfield
04-20-2009, 03:34 AM
Those videos showing what your haunt looks like resembles most of those old Trailers now don't they?
You gottem already with no worrys about copywrong, unless you put someone else's music on it.(like happened everytime some school kid made a video of me and my house, making them useless to me no matter how good the rest of the film happened to be.)