PDA

View Full Version : Columbia tour/ thank you!!!

N2SPOOKINU
03-29-2009, 11:27 PM
I want to thank you all for coming out to Fearfest and the Columbia Haunt Tour.

We had a great time sharing our haunt with so many of you.

We hope you enjoyed the tour and look forward to seeing you all again soon.

The many friends we made at the show this year made this the best convention we have attended in all our years since 1996.

Thank you all for coming to Fearfest and we look forward to your comments(good or bad) and wish you all a great and profitable haunting season.
Thank you, Greg and Christina
Fearfest

Don_OfThe_Dead
03-30-2009, 12:27 AM
I'm sure I made myself abundantly clear both there and at the bar- but let me one more time. I had a FANTASTIC time at FearFest. You're actors/actresses are amazing! Thank you especially for taking the time to come on the bus to ask us how we liked it. It really impressed me and a lot of others and you deserved the beers you were drinking. Had I not been rushing out the door I would have bought you a round. Your advice on how to build a dedicated crew, with the results to prove it, has given us a really good direction to work towards.
I thought there were a few too many non-menacing characters that didn't overtly scare me, but I was impressed at the stamina they players had to keep up the performance. They made the 4 hour round trip more than worth it and I'll leave it at that less they get too big headed about it.

Thanks again to you and your wife for having us!

Haunting Copy
03-30-2009, 12:47 AM
Y'all's haunt ROCKED!

I was especially impressed with your actors. They knew what they were doing. They never seemed like they didn't know what to do. They were in control!

I was equally impressed with your sets and design. Personally, I'm fond of self-constructed sets, because they seem more natural to the setting, so having the haunt in a real house was cool to me. It's what you did inside it that was really cool, though.

Anyone who missed your haunt should remove their shoe and proceed to kick themselves with it.

Thanks for the great time, Greg!

Haunted Farm
03-30-2009, 03:21 AM
From all of us at THE HAUNTED FARM in Pleasantville, we had a fabulous time, and everyone of our characters loved the haunts. You rocked. Please keep in touch and anytime you are in our area, stop by and see us! Thank you again for your most gracious welcome and all your hard work in entertaining us. Kudos on the haunts! See you next year but hope to see you sooner, friends.

drfrightner
03-30-2009, 06:21 AM
Gregg,

I'm glad to hear it was a success! Heard lots of great things!

Great job!

Larry

N2SPOOKINU
03-30-2009, 12:17 PM
Thank you all for the great feedback. We had alot of fun and my actors wanted to let you know they appreciated your courtesy and kindness while going thru their attractions.

ALSO THANK YOU for not damaging a single thing while Fearfest was up and running.

Alot of how did they do this and how did they do that was heard and if you want to know the answers if you havent figured it out just ask.

A BIG thank you again from our crew for allowing us to entertain you on Friday nite!
Thanks,
Greg, Christina and CREW

xxxdirk
03-30-2009, 12:26 PM
Myself and my crew from A THEATER OF LOST SOULS really enjoyed BOTH haunts on the Columbia tour. I know it is hard to perform for actors, but both crews did great! It was also a very nice and appreciated touch to have a free soda and hot dog!!
Ron

MidnightEvil
03-30-2009, 01:06 PM
I agree with Ron, both haunts were a blast and free hot dog and drink came just at the right time. i just wished i could have stayed for the lights on tour.

I do have a question about the Asylum, from the outside it appeared to be as small tent structure but felt much larger inside. What was the size of the asylum and where did you buy the structure.

Thanks again for the good time

Haunting Copy
03-30-2009, 01:09 PM
Myself and my crew from A THEATER OF LOST SOULS really enjoyed BOTH haunts on the Columbia tour. I know it is hard to perform for actors, but both crews did great! It was also a very nice and appreciated touch to have a free soda and hot dog!!
Ron

That was free? Damn it, LOL!

xxxdirk
03-30-2009, 01:14 PM
Sarah, yes they were free. You see if you would have let people sign the other parts of your shirt, you might have gotten it for free. LOL, just kidding, It was nice meeting you!!

PsychoMania
03-30-2009, 01:53 PM
Thanks Bill,

I enjoyed meeting you and I'm sure the footage taken and interview at Necropolis will make it into Screamer film. This is one of the finest haunts I have been to (especially when I compare it to other haunts in the same square footage).

Very well done.

WNM

brad
03-30-2009, 02:13 PM
Sarah, yes they were free. You see if you would have let people sign the other parts of your shirt, you might have gotten it for free. LOL, just kidding, It was nice meeting you!!

LOL!!!!

I tried so many times to sign the "mountain" area, but kept getting denied. DAMMIT!!!!!

brad
03-30-2009, 02:15 PM
Also, Greg, yall put on a great show. I really loved the creativity of the set designs and your actors were great the whole time. The girls in the Psycho area were the best IMO!!!!

Also, thanks a lot for the lights on tour. It really helped me out a bunch!

MDKing
03-30-2009, 02:42 PM
Thank you both (Fearfest and Necropolis) for opening your shows to us all, they were both really cool. My wife rarely gets scared anymore in haunts, but she got pretty scared in one room at FearFest, the one where the bed moved and the girl on the ceiling thrashing then you had to exit through the freezer door!!!

Great job guys, Greg, nice chatting with you at your place!

Allan Bennett

Tater
03-30-2009, 02:43 PM
Greg

I just wanted to thank you for everything this weekend. You are an awesome guy and look forward to seeing you the first weekend in Oct i belive

N2SPOOKINU
03-30-2009, 02:51 PM
Thanks Tater, yep we are looking forward to a visit from Granny Oct. 2nd and 3rd. Call me soon so I can make the flight and hotel arrangements for you. See you at MHC!!! It looks like we will be going if for nothing else to revisit with new/ old friends and see some other haunts. WOOHOO cant wait!
Greg
Fearfest

N2SPOOKINU
03-30-2009, 03:07 PM
Gary,
To answer your question about the size of the structures for SlashMasters Asylum. The facade does not go all the way across the entire structure so it may look smaller in comparisson than it does inside. We tried to "hide" our attractions to give it a smaller look so once you get inside the diffrence is overwhelming and I think you got that feeling lol. Which is why you asked the question. We have our "canopies" custom made by Farmtek.com. They are fire retardant and come in many diffrent sizes. If you go to farmtek.com look under commercial canopies. We have had them for 5 years with great sucess. I highly recommend them for anyone that is having trouble finding a permanent location. They fall under a temporary structure in the code books but they are all fully sprinklered per our engineers, fire marshal and building inspectors request. Our largest canopy is 100' long. The lengths and widths can be customized so the 24' standard width can be made wider to accomidate your needs. Farmtek is a great company with a great product.
I hope this answered your questions but feel free to PM me or ask anything I will do my best to answer you.
Thank you,
Greg
Fearfest

Haunting Copy
03-30-2009, 03:29 PM

By the end of the night, those signatures were damn close to earning me a steak dinner, LOL!

Ron, it was super meeting you, and I want to apologize for asking you to show us your stuff at the table. I'm sure you get asked that all the time and would just like to be given a break once in a while, LOL.

On the selfish side, I'm glad I asked, because you put on a good show. Very entertaining. Thank you!

Mike Honcho
03-30-2009, 03:37 PM
Greg,
you guys put together a fantastic haunt, my crew and I had a great time. It was good talking with you and putting a name to a face

Btw thank you and your actors for not touching us the whole (or any) time lol

Mike Honcho
03-30-2009, 03:38 PM
Also, Greg, yall put on a great show. I really loved the creativity of the set designs and your actors were great the whole time. The girls in the Psycho area were the best IMO!!!!

Also, thanks a lot for the lights on tour. It really helped me out a bunch!

brad some of the gals were alright looking lol

Haunting Copy
03-30-2009, 03:55 PM
Greg,
you guys put together a fantastic haunt, my crew and I had a great time. It was good talking with you and putting a name to a face

Btw thank you and your actors for not touching us the whole (or any) time lol

The touching doesn't bother me at all. I like it because it's one more thing that says, "That's right, you're in this for real and you better watch out!"

xxxdirk
03-30-2009, 05:08 PM
Oh yeah, the touching! I have to say I loved the way it was done. Very low key, a brush of hair here and there, a grab of an ankle etc. I REALLY wish I had the guts to do that at my haunt, maybe someday, but I thought it was effective and would scare the hell out of many "normal" visitors.

Sarah, No biggie, I am always happy to perform for a pretty gal! LOL, that came out wrong! Lets try that again. Actually I am a bit shy believe ity or not when it comes to performing for free. (I dont give it away for nothing normally) OOPS that sounds bad too......hmmm, I am actually a pretty shy guy until I get a few drinks then I will do it for anyone..... DOOOAHHHHH!!!!!!

SteveR
03-30-2009, 05:33 PM
From the gang at the Haunted Mines, we thank y'all too for opening your haunts and hosting us. We enjoyed them both tremendously! I especially liked the contrast between them: A city haunt and a country haunt!

[We could sign on the mountains?]

Haunting Copy
03-30-2009, 06:51 PM
. .
Sarah, No biggie, I am always happy to perform for a pretty gal! LOL, that came out wrong! Lets try that again. Actually I am a bit shy believe ity or not when it comes to performing for free. (I dont give it away for nothing normally) OOPS that sounds bad too......hmmm, I am actually a pretty shy guy until I get a few drinks then I will do it for anyone..... DOOOAHHHHH!!!!!!

You should be careful when saying these things to single women, LOL!

Haunting Copy
03-30-2009, 06:51 PM
[We could sign on the mountains?]

No. :D .

damon carson
03-30-2009, 07:43 PM
Sarah were you even wearing your yellow and red shirt I never saw you anywhere! I feel left out! :(
Damon

Haunting Copy
03-30-2009, 08:53 PM
Sarah were you even wearing your yellow and red shirt I never saw you anywhere! I feel left out! :(
Damon

Red??? It was a yellow-orange color - with black handwriting all over it, LOL. I even wore it for *two* days! Spent quite a bit of time at the Ren bar. :)

The Doctor
03-30-2009, 10:15 PM
Fear Fest Crew...Guys it was awesome spending time with you, had a place getting to know yall and the Haunt was amazing. Again super bunch of guys and gals you have and everyone I met was a hoot as we say in Alabama. Loved the sets, the feel but most of all the dedication your crew showed in coming out in the off season, it showed a lot of heart. Again guys if you ever make it to Alabama come see me at Graystone Manor I'll have the beer and booze waiting.

Necropolis, not to leave you guys out did not get to meet yall at the show but loved your haunt as well. Different approach but I enjoyed it and again felt like your actors and crew put a lot of heart into what they were doing. Had a blast going through and appreciate you guys putting on the show.

Can't wait to see you all again, look forward to next year wherever that may be.

Jim Warfield
03-30-2009, 10:25 PM
Every man knows to succeed in that area of endevour you have to approach multiple women, not usually just a single one.

Haunting Copy
03-30-2009, 10:38 PM
I want to give special mention to the green "laser lake" that Necropolis did. When I saw that thing, I was like, "Oh hell." It got me good!

Darkangel
03-31-2009, 10:34 AM
I think that touching is a terrible idea! In our group girls were groping guys, people snagged my arm pulling me into a wall, touching our faces and hair...It does not add more scares at all I feel but more so annoys many people. Even though you say it, some people when they get touched will touch back and now you have problems.. We can't ask our guests to do something if we're doing the opposite....

Darkangel

spookologist
03-31-2009, 11:10 AM
The Trail of Terror gang had a great time at both haunts. The sets were done well and the actors were right on and a lot of fun. Loved the girl with the coins....hehe....she set the tone for the whole show. Nice job!!!!

Wayne

www.trailofterror.com
http://gallery.trailofterror.com/
www.hauntedhouseassociation.org/

Haunting Copy
03-31-2009, 02:03 PM
some people when they get touched will touch back and now you have problems.. We can't ask our guests to do something if we're doing the opposite....

Darkangel

Good point. At Necropolis, they told us we couldn't touch back, but at House of Torment's "Dark Stalkers," they told us we could - and I did push one person out of the way and practically wrestled with another (but it was all in fun, never malicious).

I think it's more fair to allow "touching back."

graystone
03-31-2009, 08:33 PM
We had a blast! I cannot tell you how much fun we had! Necropolis can take some pointers from you guys! Shane and its that was so much fun! Shane this time!

N2SPOOKINU
04-01-2009, 09:35 PM
Thanks for the feedback folks. Its always good to hear your opinions good or bad!
Thanks,
Greg
Fearfest

The Parker House
04-01-2009, 11:25 PM
GREAT TIME GREG!

We had a great time at your place. Everything about it was fun. Me and my guys got a lot of good ideas from it. Hopefully you can make it down to the Dallas area and we can repay you guys.

Give your actors a big party they earned it.

Thank you again from all of us at The Parker House.

Marc