PDA

View Full Version : Excellent Idea!!! Exchange Program!

Haunted Farm
03-30-2009, 04:08 PM
Hey guys. We met so many wonderful people at Transworld that an idea was brought up during one of our nightly we you know.......:)

Some of the actors were interested in doing an exchange program with other haunts, were we trade one actor for one at another haunt. So everyone gets educated and learns about other haunts.......

I said I would bring it up first..... I must be the initiator in this talk so let talk about this thoughts anyone?:roll:

JamBam
03-30-2009, 07:29 PM
There are several when googled.

We also have started an exchange of sorts. We will be cross promoting any haunts at least an hour away and our deal is bring the other haunts ticket to us and we will give you "Buy one Get one Free" They are bound to bring some friends at full ticket price with them. Pick your deal if they bring our ticket to you!

We are in Huntington Indiana.

Haunted Farm
03-31-2009, 04:44 AM
We are 32 miles southeast of Columbus. I think a cross promotion for advertising is a wonderful idea. I do that with some of the haunts around us now. But some don't want to venture into this because they think you would take away from their business, which is really not true. I have only run across 2 that are like this. I believe it would do nothing but help each other. I would rather help others in our industry than not. I don't know why some people are like that but I am willing to help anyone in our business and have in the past and that will never change.

But the actors were the ones that would like to act at others haunts which might be hard to do especially when they might portray a certain character for the haunt and no one else can play that character.

Jim Warfield
03-31-2009, 07:06 AM
Will be the Mom & Dad Bringing their kids to see "A Haunted House", they will be seeing ONE house that fall and they will only see the lowest priced one and if the kids don't like it, "Tough"!
Of course you will be inspiring and educating the haunt-fan who tries to see more and more interesting haunts.
What percentage of your customers are fans, what number of them are just looking for price?
This might be a trade-off for many of us, it might be an untapped little gold mine for others?
I have seen and heard this via the dissappointed kids. These are the same parents who fill the Christmas wish list with knock-off toys rather than the name brand ones.
Some people are just cheap, some don't have the money.

AnandaHexen
04-01-2009, 08:31 AM
Doing an "actor exchange" can be a fun and educating experience for the actors and the owners. There are numerous benefits and lessons that will be gained from something like this.

However, I would strongly recommend setting guidelines about which actors can be exchanged and be sure that everyone understands the customs at each haunt. Costuming, make-up, dialogue, props should all be done with respect to the haunt at which the guest is performing.
When I travel to different haunts in different states, I stick to my own characters and style of acting since that is why I am hired in the first place, but that doesn't mean that I am not still acknowledging the rules, enviroment and customs of the haunt at which I am performing.