PDA

View Full Version : St. Louis food anyone try it?!

damon carson
03-30-2009, 06:05 PM
There was a long enough thread on this. I tried to help out as much as I could. Did anyone make it to Soulards? I wanna try that salad Larry brags about! LOL! What about BBQ or any other kinda St. Louis favorite?! Toasted Ravioli? Lets hear about where you went, what you had and what you thought about it.
Damon

Jolly Pumpkin
03-30-2009, 06:21 PM
I had Pointer Pizza. I got 2 large pizzas for $16.99. The sausage and onion was decent, but the pineapple pizza wasn't too good. It tasted like a high class version of Digorno Pizza. It was undercooked and the pineapple was kinda sour.

Haunted Illinois
03-30-2009, 06:25 PM
You mean you didn't go for the Pointersaurus?

Mike Honcho
03-30-2009, 06:26 PM
Kitchen K was great jolly where the hell where you everyone was looking for ya ? oh and adam send me some of those pics lol

Jolly Pumpkin
03-30-2009, 06:33 PM
I arrived Saturday. My beard and mustache was thicker than it was in my avatar and my hair was a lot shorter too. I was short and wearing a hoodie. I have no clue what everyone looks like and many people I didn't see that I thought I would. I guess some people were in their hotel or hitting the town when I was at the tradeshow.

Motograter
03-30-2009, 07:02 PM
I loved Kitchen K we ate dinner there both Friday and Saturday night. They got some dang good burgers and Chicken Gumbo soup.

damon carson
03-30-2009, 07:38 PM
Chicken Gumbo that sounds good! Where was it at?
Damon

UndeadProd
03-30-2009, 07:45 PM
Soulards' salad dressing surpassed all expectations. If we had more time, we definitely would have eaten there repeatedly.

MidnightEvil
03-30-2009, 07:48 PM
You mean you didn't go for the Pointersaurus?

It's by appointment only and they were all booked, we tried :-(

hauntedhousenut
03-30-2009, 07:51 PM
Jakes was great on thursday, the steak was out of this world:)

Loud &twisted
03-30-2009, 07:58 PM
Had ribs at Smoken Joes, very good dinnner at Lucas Park Grille, and pizza from B&T. Also the hotel had a good breakfast buffet.

mindtumor
03-30-2009, 09:44 PM
I also ate at the Dubliner, I think that is what it was called. It was good.

Nicole
03-30-2009, 09:57 PM
We found a great sushi place called - Wasabi
Really creative sushi and great prices!

stafford
03-30-2009, 09:58 PM
See my other post about my Smoking Joe's experience.

We also ate at Kitchen K, decent.

Soup Man, would not go back, soup was good, sandwich good, service horrible...wait, the Soup Man had horrible service? How did I fall in to that trap!

Breakfast buffet at the Renaissance was very good, price at $19, not so good, but convenient for sure.

White Castle...had to do it, always want want you can't have, if we ever get them in Denver, this will probably stop.

Whatever pizza joint it was that delivered at 3:30 am in the snow, tastiest pizza I've had in a while, but I think other factors may have been distorting my senses at that time.

Like I said, just having restaurants to choose from was a welcome change from Rosemont, I didn't have to eat convention center garbage even once, nice!

Chris

Allen H
03-30-2009, 10:40 PM
Just around the corner from rosemont was the Olympic cafe, it was a great little place that I think was run by greek mafia.
Allen H

Haunting Copy
03-30-2009, 10:42 PM
Jakes was great on thursday, the steak was out of this world:)

What?! You were there, too? Criminy!

Haunting Copy
03-30-2009, 10:48 PM
Y'all gotta try a place called "Guido's." It had excellent lasagna and meatballs, and also shrimp alfredo.

We also tried that place . . . jeez, I can't remember the name . . . it had the word "Tea" in it and it was near the Ren. It was a little sandwich shop and it was fair for the price. I think Midnight Evil liked it better than I did.

Spaghetti Factory, for me, was excellent. I had the spinach, artichoke, and shrimp dip. The mixed drink was good, too. :)

brad
03-30-2009, 10:48 PM
Me and Sarah and Tyler and the Raycliff Manor team ate at the Old Spagetti Factory, and I think the food was great.

Patti Ludwinski
03-30-2009, 11:17 PM
Chris, your post was hilarious. I almost forgot the Soup Nazi was down there. It's been so long since I went there. Also, was the pizza at 3am IMOS PIZZA? IMOS is a St. Louis original. In St. Louis, we have our own special cheese called provel (no not provelone) and it's soooo good. That's the cheese Imo's uses on their pizza. Anyway, I Loved reading your post.

Did anyone try Gooey Butter Cake?

Scott, if I remember, I'll have some Soulard's dressing shipped to you. They refuse to mass sell it to the grocery stores, because the owner of Soulard's Restaurant says the preservatives ruin the taste. However, they do sell it by the bottle at the restaurant itself.

---Patti

stafford
03-30-2009, 11:40 PM
Patti,

Not sure if it was IMO's couldn't remember the name, at the time I was close to forgetting my own name. I'll see if I can find out, I'm curious now if it was the cheese...

Chris

Waken
03-31-2009, 09:07 AM
We had Emo's Pizza also.
I'm not a fan of thin crust pizza but Emo's was great!!! I couldnt stop eating it. I was expecting the delivery man to have long black hair over his eyes and a long trench coat, but he was "average pizza delivery guy" looking.

chuck weber
03-31-2009, 09:51 AM
Go on food network .com
search st. Louis.. They featured a few hot spots (local favorites) --not tourist traps--on some of their shows...... Probably great stuff !!!!! Let's eat!!!!!

chuck weber
03-31-2009, 09:53 AM
Emo's pizza!!!! (cheap, i know)........

damon carson
03-31-2009, 09:56 AM
Imo's is even cheaper and better! ;)
Damon

MDKing
03-31-2009, 10:03 AM
We went to Caleco's(Your friendly neighborhood restaurant) a couple of times, they had great food and very friendly! Nice place! http://www.calecos.com/

I was surprised by how dead the downtown area is most of the time...I guess most people are out of the downtown area and that's where most commerce is. It's quite a bit different than what I'm used to it felt like a movie set!

Allan

scubadog
04-05-2009, 06:43 PM
We had Jake's Steaks on Friday, and it was some great ribs. We also Had the Toasted Ravioli there and at The Old Spaghetti Factory (Saturday) and Jakes was much better. Wish we would have had Jakes both nights.

legendsofthefog
04-05-2009, 07:00 PM
our crew went to a place called Sybergs on Market St. for dinner on Friday. We had mediocre stakes, but they had some blazin' shark steaks and some of the best wings I've had.

graystone
04-05-2009, 07:26 PM
I had Jakes as you all know on Thursday. What I did get to eat of it was great but with all the talking I was doing it got cold but I sure had a GREAT TIME!

We had Hooters food on Saturday night. It was the same as it is at any Hooters. The Hooters was smaller than average but she was nice and I think one of them winked at me!

Also at the breakfast bar at the Ren Grand it was good nothing special but good for the price. We also ate at a Chinese place about 25 minutes out of town on Sunday and OMG I think it was real dog, cat, and rat! They had freaking chicken feet, cow tongue, fish eyes!!! I about fell out it was some NASTY SHIT!!! Shane and its I am still having bad dreams of that nasty azz Chinese food! Shane this time!

P.S. I will add the Hooters girl let me touch her hooters and they were nice and firm. On size I give them a 5 out of 10 on the feel of them I give them a 8 out of 10! On taste I did not make it that far!

Brandon_K
04-05-2009, 08:24 PM
Friday morning, breakfast buffet at the Ren. Nothing spectacular, standard overpriced upscale hotel fare. They sucked at keeping up on the hashbrowns. I went back THREE times and the hashbrowns were gone all three times, same with the cottage cheese. Bacon was great. Crepes were gone well.

We went to Mosaic for lunch on Friday. I had the butternut squash soup. Meh. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't to rant and rave over, unless you like drinking vanilla extract. Everyone elses food looked quite good, especially the lettuce wraps. Mmmm... I love lettuce wraps. I just wasn't very hungry as I had stuffed myself at the breakfast buffet at the Ren. *VERY* "high class" resturant, they had no idea what was in store when they let Tater in with us. I walked into the bathroom and it smelled of roses in all of the stalls that were in use, I swear!

Friday night was munchies at the CV party. We had an excellent time at the CV party, thanks Mark & Co! Well put together with plenty of beer and grub all night long.

White Castle for lunch on Saturday, skipped breakfast. Easily the worst White'y I've ever been to. Edible, but only because I don't have Whitey's back home.

Saturday night we went to B+T Pizza. *EXCELLENT* pizza. If I ever get shafted into going back to STL, I will definitely go back to B+T. I have 2 minor complaints about them though, one they advertise beer in their windows and on their menu. When I went to order said pitcher of beer I got a "our liquor license was revoked". Well take it off the f'ing menu and out of the windows then. That's fawking bait and switch! Two, 40 minutes for a freaking 18" pepperoni pizza? Really? They had some customers, but by no means would I call them slammed. The pizza made up for those two small complaints.

The rest of Saturday / Sunday was a blur. Somewhere around 4pm we made it to a Dennys with the best 2 waitress's ever.

drfrightner
04-06-2009, 12:17 PM
IMOs is a St. Louis fav...

Here are a list of St. Louis Chains...

Pasta House
Casa Guardos
IMOS
Bandanas BBQ
Lions Choice

Larry

Tater
04-06-2009, 12:20 PM
Larry you should ship me some of that salad dressing since i never made it there

SomeThingInTheIce
04-06-2009, 12:33 PM
Tater, it is now available on haunthousesupplies.com lol.

Larry you should ship me some of that salad dressing since i never made it there

Slain
04-06-2009, 01:51 PM
If anyone ever goes back to St. Louis you must try Johnny's..
They have great food but you kind of forget what your eating because it is served by these over the top waitresses wearing close to nothing..
Let me tell you all of them are hot!!
One of our crew frequents St. Louis and made a believer out of the Atrox crew...

mindtumor
04-06-2009, 01:59 PM
We ordered some pizza from somewhere at 11 p.m and it was delivered at 2:30 a.m. I didn't even look at the name. I was just angry it took so long. So angry we ordered it again the next night for some reason. It arrived quicker that time.