PDA

View Full Version : Ladies and Gentlemen, THE ANNOUNCEMENT

Joedog
01-02-2007, 02:43 PM
Remember me asking if anyone has ever heard of a Zombie Walk?
And me having to pass on my trip to Transworld?
Well, the "official" ball is rolling. We have secured our spot today.
The date is May 25, 2007 in Chattanooga TN at The Chattanooga Pier. I feel if you are going to do something of this sort in May you better have a good reason. I have TWO.
First I am making it a charitable event. Second and the more important one, I am gunning for the new world record of "The most people participating in a Zombie Walk"

Here is the Teaser Flyer that will begin circulating the area and the internet starting March 15th. Why March 15th to start the big push? I am sure the Shakespearian get it.

With out further adieu I present to the Hauntworld Family, (ripping sound of the cover) The Chattanooga Zombie Walk '07 Flyer!

http://a342.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/31/l_23d3944a1d2a6f5431df3cdb9e357ca5.jpg

Wish Me Luck :roll:

PumpkinHead
01-02-2007, 04:23 PM
Why March 15th to start the big push? I am sure the Shakespearian get it.

" Eat brains for me! ... * stab , stab , stab* ..."

Et tu, Joedog !?
:twisted:

-PH

MDKing
01-02-2007, 05:42 PM
Congrats to you Joe Dog! Best of luck.

About you flyers though I have 2 words: Brainstorm Studios

Again, congrats!

Allan

SomeThingInTheIce
01-02-2007, 06:24 PM
This will make the news for sure. Good luck, I hope you set the record.

Empressnightshade
01-02-2007, 06:55 PM
Hey, JD....

What exactly IS a Zombie Walk?

Empressnightshade
01-02-2007, 06:56 PM
About you flyers though I have 2 words: Brainstorm Studios

Allan
OR Pumpkinhead Designs. Great results and even better price! :D

Joedog
01-02-2007, 07:46 PM
or they guy from MySpace who made me 4 to pick from for FREE LOL

Joedog
01-02-2007, 07:59 PM
What is a Zombie Walk?

A zombie walk is an organized public gathering of two or more people who dress up in zombie costumes and make up. Usually taking place in an urban centre, the participants make their way around the city streets and through shopping malls in a somewhat orderly fashion and often limping and gnawing their way towards a local cemetery or movie theater.

During the event participants are encouraged to remain in character as zombies and to communicate only in a manner consistent with zombies (such as grunts, groans and slurred moans calling for “brains”.)

In or case we are going to invade our downtown bars, movie theater and resturaunts after we set the world record. Now just beacuse it May does not mean the Hauntworld family is excused from festivites. Even though there is a Zombie subculture the will crawl out of the ground for this, who better to do zombies than haunters??? PLUS, look at the bragging right for the resume' :twisted:

Haunted Nashville
01-02-2007, 08:29 PM
I can pass the word around some of the Nashville area haunts if you would like. I'm sure they would be interested.

Raycliff Manor
01-02-2007, 08:56 PM
When you're ready to pull the trigger on the public announcement, just say the word and we'll forward the press release to our over 13,000 Myspace friends! :wink:

Kel

Joedog
01-02-2007, 08:58 PM
Nash,
Lets spread the word.
My goal is when this is done that night to call it "The Night of 1000 Zombies".

Now if It becomes "Land of 10,000 Zombies"
I will give the props to the Hauntworld team.

Joe Dog

Joedog
01-02-2007, 09:05 PM
Mark your calender Kel.

The Ides of March

March 15th will begin the internet/MySpace push for publicity
April 15th (gee why do I pick such gloom and doom days to start something) will be the local push date, giving me 40 days of local push.

Haunted Nashville
01-02-2007, 09:43 PM
I'll start filling everyone in on it.

Jim Warfield
01-02-2007, 11:21 PM
The end of May, beginning of June is the national Zombie release time of the entire year as the zombies stagger around wondering "Wut Haypenned?" as they find themselves in cap and gown after 12 years (or more!?) becoming dip-lowma carrying Zombies.

SpFXChic
01-03-2007, 09:56 AM
JoeDog, that sounds like a ton of fun! I've often wondered what it would take to set something like that up in our area.

Best wishes on breaking the record! If I was closer, I'd attend for sure! If you want, I'll share it with our myspace friends, as well. :) Just say the word and let me know when.

scare
01-03-2007, 10:27 AM
I participate in the Zombie walk we have here, the first year we had 300, the 2nd year close to 700 so next year for the 3rd year their could be some crazy numbers of zombies. GL with your ZW

SomeThingInTheIce
01-03-2007, 11:26 AM
Kel, you have 13,000 myspace friends :shock: man, I have 6 :cry:

Raycliff Manor
01-03-2007, 11:35 AM
Hey Siti, Allan PM'd me regarding this. I'll post his question and my reply here. I hope the info helps you out...

Kel

Question:

"Hey Kel,

I wanted to ask you, how on Earth did you get more than 13,000 friends on myspace? I am hoping to build mine up as well. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Allan Bennett"

Answer:

"Hi Allan! We use the Eek Adder software to send friend requests. You can purchase the software at www.eekrecords.com I'm working on the computer a lot, so I have the Eek Adder software running while I'm working. I hope that helps...

Kel

By the way Allan, in case you're not familiar with the program, you can collect user i.d.'s to send friend requests to based on their geographical location. for example, you can plug in your zip code and collect i.d.'s of people in a 50 or 100 mile radius. I recommend this as this will be where your true target audience resides. I know a lot of people on the online forums have posted their Myspace, requesting other forum members add themselves as friends. This is fun and keeps your Myspace interesting, but you really want to try to maintain a majority of your Myspace friends as people in your target demographic area. Trust me, keeping up with the messages and comments is quite a chore and it's more difficult if you are having to keep up with a lot of people that will never even be in your area or able to attend your haunt. Of course this info only applies if you're specifically using the Myspace page as a Marketing tool.

Kel"

SomeThingInTheIce
01-03-2007, 02:18 PM
Thanks Kel, good info! I'm going to try the zip code thing.

Mr Nightmarez
01-04-2007, 05:26 AM
Hearse is ready to load in a few Zombies Joe...

I may even splurge on another SPFX Mask :wink:

I may even put on the slider gear and be a true "FAST MOVING" Zombie...

A day I can actually have fun... :wink:

cooperfan
01-04-2007, 09:23 AM
how many zombies does it take to break the record?

Jonathan
01-04-2007, 10:22 AM
Good luck with it. Maybe I will swing on down to be there as well. Not too far for me. Like 4 or 5 hour drive.

Joedog
01-04-2007, 03:46 PM
how many zombies does it take to break the record?
The "unoffiocal" (pending certification) is 894. So techinally 895 will be the record. but why top it with just one. My goal is 1000+

Good luck with it. Maybe I will swing on down to be there as well. Not too far for me. Like 4 or 5 hour drive.
COME ON DOWN!!! Plus it would make for a great "remote" podcast event.

Hearse is ready to load in a few Zombies Joe...
I may even splurge on another SPFX Mask :wink:
I may even put on the slider gear and be a true "FAST MOVING" Zombie...
A day I can actually have fun... :wink:
Nightmarez...... You didn't get the psychic mind link?
you may not have time to be "sliding around".

If I was closer, I'd attend for sure! If you want, I'll share it with our myspace friends, as well. :) Just say the word and let me know when.
Unless otherwise told the Internet Push will begin on the Ides of March
March 15th the day Julius Ceaser was assinated... Don't you just love my my sick and twisted mind?

Joedog
01-05-2007, 05:42 PM
The Chattanooga Area Food Bank signed on today.
That is a pivoital thing, Securing the location hinged on that. With that I can now line up sponsors to help pay those stupid permit fees. (red tape mentioned in another thread)

Now who all is going to travel?
There is 5 hotels literally two to three blocks from site. If it looks like a good out of town showing I may get some room breaks.