PDA

View Full Version : Lets hear it... WHAT DID YOU BUY???

drfrightner
03-31-2009, 04:22 PM
As you could see in the Darkness I already bought everything... LOL.

Anyway no seriously what did you guys buy at the show. I'm interested to know what you thought was cool for your haunt this coming year. I bought nothing not one single thing... by the time I tried to walk the floor many of the vendors packed up.

On another day I tried to walk the floor there was too many people trying to talk to people that it made it impossible to talk to a business owner. Did anyone else have this problem???

Anyway what did you buy and how are you going to use it?

Larry

kpolley
03-31-2009, 05:15 PM
I bought me a new airbrush from GREX. It is awesome. If you are in the market you should check them out. I got a pistol grip airbrush and the difference is amazing. Very comfortable and very easy to use.

mindtumor
03-31-2009, 05:19 PM
Not as much this year.

But few things from CFX: gloves to match a mask I bought last year, 2 new masks, teeth, and blood.

One of those gillisuits from Oak Island.

I think something from Ghost ride.

A cleaver from Pale eye or night or whatever.

Renewed a banner.

Seems like a couple of other small things I can't remember.

There was some stuff from fright props I was going to buy but after the first day they were always really busy and we couldn't get the order in. It wasn't their fault, they were always swamped when we tried to place it. No big because I can just order it now. There were a couple of other people that were swamped that I wanted to place orders with and I just forgot until afterwards.

UndeadProd
03-31-2009, 05:32 PM
This is one of the reasons why I like Midwest Haunters Convention - it gives me a chance to touch base with vendors I missed during the hectic period at Transworld. Just looking at the photos, I can tell that I missed all kinds of cool stuff.

I won't tell you exactly what we bought - but we placed decent-sized orders with Gore Galore, Ghost Ride, Gep, Fright Props, and the company formerly known as Oak Island that now has a name that I can't remember.

There are several other great companies out there (Sinister Scents for example) that I know we'll be placing orders from -- just not sure exactly what we want yet...

HauntedMemphis
03-31-2009, 05:43 PM
Friday was by far the best day to talk to vendors. The crowds were much lighter, especially in the morning. We found we had little problem getting time to get questions answered. Even with the heavier crowds on Saturday, getting at least some face time with many vendors was still possible. Having attended shows for other industries, I have to say the haunt vendors left a very good impression for our team.

This year, we stuck to buying electronics and controllers to work with in the offseason. We have a much larger wishlist in the longer run as a result of the show, so I'm sure more spending on bigger items is in the future.

graystone
03-31-2009, 06:20 PM
Several small ticket mask, props, airbrush items to many to list.

Bigger ticket items was from
NightScream Productions - Wolves, Hyenas
Ghost Ride - Several animal bodies large and small
CFX - Several new mask and hands
Gore Galore - Tons of new wall mounts
Fright Theatre - Several stand up skeletons
Haunted Enterprises - Coffin ride

Shane and its I know there will be more later! Shane this time!

Speculo
03-31-2009, 07:14 PM
I won't say everything...

It was tough, we buy so much in November now, but we got a lot here..

Those cool vine creatures from Dark Raven -
Licker from Pale night -
Big props from Ghostride -
Masks and props - (CfX, MidnightStudios, Alex in Wonderland, Monster Tronics)
Assorted CGI/Illusion items - (Bust, Shadow projections)
Some Scare Factory stuff -
Stuff from the new Oak Island -
Some of those figures with movable arms -
Eco Glow Saftey Stuff
Vortex Units from Edge
We always order stink from SS..that is later...

There must have been some more...

Also things we liked but didn't get yet..(Maybe spent too much already!)
Cool stuff still on the plate for this year and maybe next November...

The Tree and the Car from Night Screams
That Body Snatcher from Scarefactory
Those Creature carts From Gore Galore
That Big Octopus from Fright Props
The Dog From Dark Raven
That Gargoyle Scare from Distortions
That Pale Night Drowning Tank...

There was a lot more... The vendors really rocked across the board.

Thanks!

mindtumor
03-31-2009, 07:29 PM
Wow, I was pathetic.

Jim Warfield
03-31-2009, 08:13 PM
Of a ton of stuff I had bought, it would mean one thing, I found someone else's wallet in the parking lot!

Name: William ("Bill") Melater Age 11 Address: My Parents.

Delivery address: Grandma's backyard.

zimmerman
03-31-2009, 08:47 PM
Grex airbrush system
Hot Wire Tools

Nightgore
03-31-2009, 09:00 PM
Well... like most I won't say everything we bought, but here's a quick list of some items we got:

-Pale Night Asylum Door and Drowning Girl
-CFX "Pervis" (HHA Auction) Mask and gloves... also some prosthetics
-Dental Distortions teeth
-Several scents from S.S.
-Oak Island Claust. tunnel... 24'... complete foam weapons set
-Hot Wire Pro Kit
-Minions Web Web Gun
-Distortions Electric Chair
-Assorted masks and make-ups
-Etc. etc. etc....

Overall, great show! -Tyler

gadget-evilusions
04-02-2009, 02:27 PM
I bought some new EZ-8 and EZ-3 controllers from www.efx-tek.com

creep house
04-02-2009, 02:46 PM
I bought some beer...food... a hooker on Craig`s list.....oh.?..oops ,

wrong list........

Banshee
04-02-2009, 03:25 PM
Ben already replied for Netherworld, but I got a killer mask & hands from Fearscape for myself ! And I got some Wolf Bros. makeup and a cash & carry webber from Morris for another haunter that couldn't make it to the show..
I was curious about those airbrushes..I'm a 'hardcore Iwata person though..
I did want to check out the hotwire tools, but that table was PACKED every time that I went by..

scattered screams
04-02-2009, 03:51 PM
we got

contact lenses
grandma from Distortions
a few skeletons from Bucky's boneyard I think
the pro Hot Wire kit
some body parts from Ghost Ride
renewed subscription to HauntWorld
Hot Blood
flicker light set
just to name a few

oh and a cold

The Parker House
04-02-2009, 04:22 PM
Crap!
I too went a little crazy like Ben.
Lets see,
At the auction;

Mask from SPFX
Gore Galore wall decor items
2 heads from Spatter FX
Flying Vampyre Bat from Scarefactory

Then on the floor;
wolves set and the armed wall sconces from Scarefactory
Heads and masks from Splatter FX
Masks from Arrival Masks (great stuff)
Creepy clown door from Hauntedtorium Studios
LEDs and erosion cloth from Oak Island (BTW they are NOT offering the HHA member discount like our vendor list said)
2 rocking grannies from Distortions
Wolves from Nightseream Studios
Decor trinkets from Edge
2 of all the clown stuff that Haunted Enterprises carry as well as a kicker body and lots of controller and lighting items.
A set up from skulltronix
A ghost Bust from Night Frights
skeletons from Bucky's boneyard
Air bags from Fright Props

I think thats it.
Cant wait for UPS to start knocking on my door.....lol

And to your question Larry on how we are going to use them.............
TO SCARE THE CRAP OUT OF UNSUSPECTING PEOPLE!!!

drfrightner
04-04-2009, 02:06 AM
Did I already say NOTHING? I'm sad about this because I wanted to go crazy and spend a ton of money. This was by far the most depressing show for me, because we blew through every dime we had trying to build a building, terror visions, museum, and the renovations on Darkness.

Today we talked about Creepyworld, we are going o try and use everything we have laying around first before we start buying stuff from vendors.

However Iwill tell you some stuff I do want to buy...

Ravens Productions... I want all three things they sold.

I saw some cool stuff I liked from Gore Galore.

I really liked stuff I saw from Scarefactory, and Nightscream.

I will have to go back look at the photos and figure it all out!!!

Larry

Gore Galore
04-04-2009, 10:26 AM
Larry,
I am surprised you could see anything.
You were all other the place trying to get your tours ready etc...
Sorry I couldn't make it out. I seriously don't think I have ever been more sick than I was at the haunt show. I am just now getting over it.

If I can answer any questions, just let me know.

brad
04-05-2009, 12:49 PM
I mainly focused on filling up my sets with props this year. I have the budget to go crazy at TW but with the new building we are dealing with, I knew I had to conserve. And it was torture! There were SO MANY things i wanted! Maybe next year.

I bought:
Masks from Hauntatorium
Granny Rocker, Scary Carrie, Bad Betty from Distortions
body form, barrel popper, and some other stuff from Haunted Enterprises
a few items from the F@#ked Up Studios
a few props from Creepy Collection

I know I bought a few more things, but I just can't think right now.

Night Frights
04-06-2009, 04:58 PM
D This was by far the most depressing show for me, because we blew through every dime we had trying to build a building, terror visions, museum, and the renovations on Darkness.
Larry

Well, Larry, your cause for depression was a cause for jubilation for the rest of us. I absolutely LOVED the Darkness! Disney's Haunted Mansion aside, it was by far the best haunt I've been through in many a year. (ok, I'm a DHM nut)

Props were first rate, settings were obviously finessed to the hilt... there was so much fine detail going on that it'd probably take a dozen trips through to appreciate it all.

Just as surprising was the length... just when I thought it was going to be over, there was always more. I felt like I spent the whole evening in there. (Ok, waiting in line doesn't count) ; )

Anyway, kudo's to you and your crew for a job well done. Sorry to hear it was at some sacrifice to you, but your loss was our gain -- it was a real highlight.

BTW - I felt bad that I didn't have any spare Ghost Bust projectors to sell you on the spot, thus my efforts to dismantle my booth so you'd have one for the event. Too bad the projector apparently didn't get mounted in time for it to be of any use, but I wanted to at least give it my best effort. Thanks for getting it back to me the next morning, I would have come all the way to Transworld for naught without it. ; )

Anyway, sorry if my enthusiastic review of your haunt is in an inappropriate corner of the forum, but just wanted you to know that your efforts did not go unappreciated. Only wish I lived closer by so I could see it again, (and again...)

Later,

Mike Fox
President, Night Frights

Night Frights
04-06-2009, 05:10 PM
BTW, Larry, your girlfriend (Patti was it?) was great in the madness that ensued trying to get the projector to you.

Tell her I said thanks!

Mike

zombiehorror
04-07-2009, 02:45 PM
A 2 pack of bucky lids from Bucky's boneyard.....Hey what do you expect, I'm just a simple home haunter!! I was about to purchase these when I first went to the booth but went ahead and walked the show floor first. Before I left I went ahead and made the decision to pick these up and was told it was the last set they had. Did anyone else buy the "last" set they had? j/k!

My wife has tried to contact Ghostride about these several times before with no luck so I'm finally glad to have at least 2 of the designs, now the fun part painting and detailing before Halloween!

screamlinestudios
04-07-2009, 04:53 PM
Several pairs of Contacts (love the show prices) and lots of Makeup! Yay!!

JamBam
04-07-2009, 07:41 PM
Before the show we bought:

granny from distortions
banner and side banner from Hauntworld.com (must have folks)
banner and side banner from HauntedHouse.com (another must have)
cheap hotels from priceline (thanks Steve from HH.com before Shane broke the news)

We bought at TW:

foam wire kit with extra tools.
A new cobwebber
A bunch of bones and skeletons
Several material orders from oak island
a ton of stuff in rats, spiders, bugs, misc
misc blacklight dyes, lights
several masks

will be buying before the season starts:

screamtext.com
listing on findahaunt.com
annual order from sinister scents