PDA

View Full Version : Dinner Prizes & Costume Contest Anyone?

graystone
04-01-2009, 07:51 PM
I don't know if Larry will even allow this here but TransWorld 2009 is in the record book!

I would like feedback from everyone here. I will continue my dinner for TW 2010 and would like to include a costume contest! I will pay out of my own pocket the first $1000.00 in cash prize money.
$500.00 first place!
$300.00 second place!
$200.00 third place!
$100.00 fourth place

I will also guarantee $5000.00 in door prizes from vendors. I gave away over $1800.00 this year or should I say the great vendors did and again I THANK THEM!

So guys give me some feed back. Would you like to see the dinner kicked up with the contest? I am working on this now so I know it will be bigger and better! Shane and its Insane Shane Dinner 2010 will it ever end? Shane this time!

N2SPOOKINU
04-01-2009, 08:16 PM
Shane if promoted properly this could turn out to be the TW ball dinner and costume party. I think you need to talk to Jenn at TW and get the ball rolling while they are still excited about the turnout for the 09 show. Insane Shanes party could be the hit of 2010!
Greg
Fearfest

brad
04-01-2009, 10:59 PM
Shane I like this idea a lot. Instead of you forking out $1k of your own money, you may can get 10 people or vendors to fork out $100 each. Just trying to help you save money here.

If you can get the ball rolling on this, it may very well be THE dinner event of TW.

Haunting Copy
04-01-2009, 11:39 PM
Shane, I would like to see you roll with it.

A ball would be a lot of fun, too.

Cheers!

DollFacexHorror
04-02-2009, 01:33 AM
YES! great idea
________
Toyota Corolla E10 (http://www.toyota-wiki.com/wiki/Toyota_Corolla_E10)

Darkangel
04-02-2009, 06:04 AM
Very generous of you Shane, that will be sure to bring you more attention, just what you're looking for obviously!!! :wink:

By the way, where was Pat Benatar you said she was coming with you? I had my autograph book ready!

Seriously though, do you think a costume contest is a good idea? I didn't see Jake's Steaks restaurant, but I heard it was too small a venue and having people run around in costumes at some places even bigger than Jakes next year might not be a popular idea...Just a thought?

Darkangel

BruiseMuse
04-02-2009, 06:24 AM
Shane,
I think this is a great idea! I know I would definitely attend!

graystone
04-02-2009, 06:51 AM
You could get more attention if you put fourth the effort! Don't be a hater just because you seem jealous of me. If you meet me you might actually like me.

Now as far as Jakes goes the whole reason for this thread is to get input and to see if we need to move somewhere else. Actually the suggestion of having them cater to us is what I would like to see and maybe have everyone eat maybe in the food court area. Anyway keep the suggestions coming.

Darkangel I don't need the attention of this Industry I have it now. What I do want now that I have it is to give all these guys and gals a good time and something they will look forward to each year. I don't see anything wrong with making or trying to make my friends and Industry family have a fun and eventful event! Shane and its Dark remember who your playing with! Shane this time.

Mike Bizub
04-02-2009, 07:47 AM
I agree with Greg. Get Transworld to sponsor it. They already had the welcome cocktail party. Lets just change it to a costume ball. Mike

Darkangel
04-02-2009, 08:10 AM
Come on Shane I know who I'm playing with. After seeing you in person, I'm all the more encouraged! LOL j/k

It's cool what you're doing I'm by no means jealous I go out to dinners all the time with great folks I would have come to yours if I weren't busy at the time. But it's what you're trying to do.

Not to get off topic again, but where was Pat Benatar?

Darkangel

The Parker House
04-02-2009, 08:11 AM
Shane, I can tell you now. If you start promoting a big ball now with costume contest and all the prizes, youíre going to need a place much biger then any restaurant can handle my friend. I didnít get to go to your dinner this year. I had already had plans before I found out about it. (Yes, I was one of the suckers that thought Thursday darkness tour would be something special with the "lights on".

And there were a lot of people that would have gone if they would have known about it sooner.
So watch out and just be prepared for the crowds next year.

Count me and my crew in. (Thatís 6-10 more right there)

Marc

graystone
04-02-2009, 08:13 AM
It appears you were not in on the whole joke. The cat did not bite.

Parker I am going to be working on this today and making calls keep the comments and suggestions coming in!!!!Shane and its it would have been funner had he. Shane this time!

scattered screams
04-02-2009, 08:28 AM
Shane count us in we wont miss it this time. That will be 4-6 of us

graystone
04-02-2009, 01:27 PM
From TransWorld today. Were going to talk more next week and see if we can work together on this. I will not allow it to become a profit thing and take money from the show floor and vendors . I hope me and TransWorld can work together and make this the Rubies Show of the Haunt Industry!

I know with the support I have and am getting this will be something I will be proud to have my name on as well as TransWorld. Please any support you can give me will be taken and I will do my best to make this a big fun filled kick off party to TransWorld 2010! Shane and its I want let you down! Shane this time!

Haunting Copy
04-02-2009, 01:40 PM
Shane, I also think having any kind of party would be best hosted in a big place (such as the convention floor). Catering would be awesome, whether it's Jake's or not (so long as it's not the concession stand food, LOL).

If the venue of a dinner is the convention center show floor, then it would be nothing to add on a ball, if the people want it. Lots of versatility there.

Haunting Copy
04-02-2009, 01:42 PM
It would be held on a night that is relatively free of other things to do, right?

I missed The Darkness this year, so I would like to make sure I go to CreepyWorld in 2010. I want to do it all!

xxxdirk
04-02-2009, 01:50 PM
Yep, finding the right day and time are going to be tough. Thurs might be the best night cause people are visiting haunts Fri & Sat but on the other hand, most people 1st showed up Fri & Sat at the conv. Course if we could be back to the hotel Fri or Sat night by 8-9Pm, that might be enough time for people to get all "gussied" up.... Boy its a tough call, but it sounds fun!!

Haunting Copy
04-02-2009, 01:56 PM
Yep, finding the right day and time are going to be tough. Thurs might be the best night cause people are visiting haunts Fri & Sat but on the other hand, most people 1st showed up Fri & Sat at the conv. Course if we could be back to the hotel Fri or Sat night by 8-9Pm, that might be enough time for people to get all "gussied" up.... Boy its a tough call, but it sounds fun!!

Logistically, Thursday would be the best, BUT, it seems so soon! It's like we need some "warm up" time. Hmm.

I would like to see it on Saturday. Those who have no interest in a ball or dinner could attend haunts on that night, perhaps. ???

graystone
04-02-2009, 02:02 PM
A kick off party/costume contest/dinner. If TransWorld opend on Thursday it will be Wednesday Night. If TransWorld opens on Friday as it did this past year then it will be Thursday night. I want to do it before the show so it does not interfere with anything else as far as haunts go. What I would like to see is my dinner on Thursday night, Columbia tour on Friday night, and Darkness tour on Saturday night. By doing this it will allow everyone something to do everynight.

I myself have no problems seeing it in the food court area of the TransWorld Show there were alot of tables and plenty of room to add more. Thanks for all the support this is about me doing something for you guys! Shane and yes there is a good side to me! Shane this time!

SHELDON
04-02-2009, 02:13 PM
Stellar Idea! That's what I think MHC has over Transworld... The Costume Ball. Its an event where everyone can mingle in their natural state, so to speak. I love it! Maybe a silent auction that runs the duration of the dinner? A fool and his money are soon parted... especially when it comes to that hammered impulse buy, lol. There's nothing better than a large group of well fed and pickled haunters doing their best to perform the electric slide while adorning their finest garb. What a shindig! This is the beginning of something great, whatever it turns out to be.

Haunting Copy
04-02-2009, 02:36 PM
What kind of ball does MHC have? Is it more like a ball, or more like a costume party?

A lady has to be prepared, you know! ;)

graystone
04-02-2009, 02:42 PM
Sheldon I want more of you and the wheelchair skit dude!! He cracks me up! Again I WILL AND WERE GOING TO DO THIS! Its needed and part of my company Dabbs Productions pulls off events all the time here in BAMA so I have the skills to do it! Shane and its in case you did not know Sheldon its the Gordens Fisherman! Shane this time!

WARLORD
04-02-2009, 02:50 PM
Shane... I think this is a great idea. Again the best thing about the show, is the opportunity to meet other haunters, in a relaxed atmosphere and talk about our passion. THis sounds like a great way to do this at a reasonable cost to all. I missed the show this year, but will be back next year, and our group would be very interested in attending. We would really enjoy getting the chance to meet many of you we see on the board so often.

SHELDON
04-02-2009, 02:50 PM
Fantastic! I love your fish sticks but they take forever if you use them to start a fire.

The Ball at MHC includes a cash bar, a dance floor with an appropriately themed dj, A Miss MHC pageant, and a scariest costume contest. Everyone really represents with their finest and most elaborate costumes. Anybody that's seen Ben there knows what I'm talking about. It's an absolute BLAST! Definitely the haunt party of the year. That is..... until now?

OdetteDespairr
04-02-2009, 03:37 PM
giant costume bash is more like it with haunt entertainment

trust me Copy, i understand about the diff between ball and party lol i needed to clarify last year also haha

N2SPOOKINU
04-02-2009, 05:08 PM
WOW it all seems to be coming together in ideas. I like the idea of having an auction for HHA during the dinner. It's a way to raise money for them while we eat dinner. it should be a lot more quiet than it was last Sat nite. PLUS it will entice more people to come. Keep the ideas rolling this is getting good!
Greg
Fearfest

SHELDON
04-02-2009, 05:52 PM
A featured celebrity guest? "This year to kick off Transworld 2010, Robert Englund will be serving dessert at the first annual 'Shane Dig'. Who likes deep fried ice cream?"

graystone
04-02-2009, 07:09 PM
This is sounding all great lots of activity all in one place! Dinner, Auctions, Costume Contest, hell lets throw in some strippers and some tag team wrestling! Seriously this can be so much! Again I promise I will put all my energy into it! As long as I know everyone is for it and is behind me I will put this party over the top! Shane and its tag! Larry your it! Shane this time.

N2SPOOKINU
04-02-2009, 07:29 PM
Shane we are all behind you as long as you dont get "latex tits" (the lady running around the show topless) to do the stripping! LMAO PLEASE SOMEONE TELL HER NOT TO DO THAT AGAIN!!!
Greg

screamline studios
04-02-2009, 07:47 PM
I am in!!!!

Jason

SHELDON
04-03-2009, 07:13 AM
Those were latex? They sagged so naturally.

Haunting Copy
04-03-2009, 07:23 AM
giant costume bash is more like it with haunt entertainment

trust me Copy, i understand about the diff between ball and party lol i needed to clarify last year also haha

Thanks, OdetteDespairr! Wouldn't a masquerade ball be fun? :)

graystone
04-03-2009, 07:36 AM
I think a masquerade ball would be fun but honestly I think it would be too much and a bit of a distraction as to what I am trying to do with my dinner.

What I want is for people to network, eat, meet, greet, everything all rolled into one. I want to offer the costume contest for the hardcore actors who wants to show the Haunt Industry what they got and are made of! So I hope you can see and agree with me that the way I am planning this is really the best for us all! I hope you all agree and will continue your suggestions along the lines I have set up for the dinner. Shane and its this is for you Haunt Industry! Shane this time.

P.S. What haunt is the Boobies Lady With LOL? Anyone know?

Haunted Farm
04-03-2009, 08:25 AM
This is one thing that I truely missed this year. We have entered the costume contest each year. My husband has won for the sexiest female. My daughter has won for the sexiest vampire. We are game.

OdetteDespairr
04-03-2009, 09:04 AM
I wasnt knocking ur idea shane lol i think the dinner and contest sound like a wonderful idea! We were just talking about the ball at MHC.

Hopefully i'll be attending TW next year so im definitly in! The whole idea sounds great!

Odette Despairr

graystone
04-03-2009, 11:17 AM
LOL no I did not take it that way at all. Shane and its I am listining! Shane this time.

Haunting Copy
04-03-2009, 05:04 PM
This is sounding all great lots of activity all in one place! Dinner, Auctions, Costume Contest, hell lets throw in some strippers and some tag team wrestling! Seriously this can be so much! Again I promise I will put all my energy into it! As long as I know everyone is for it and is behind me I will put this party over the top! Shane and its tag! Larry your it! Shane this time.

If you're choosing strippers and tag-team wrestling, then count me out. You might as well ask the Painted Boob Lady to emcee the event, if it's going to go in that direction. Yuck.

graystone
04-03-2009, 05:15 PM
You got a good point Sarah! Shane and its gonna be a blast! Shane this time!

graystone
04-05-2009, 10:48 AM
I am listining! Keep your post coming here or like some email me! This is for you, me, vendors, actors, EVERYONE!!!! This is a kick off party for all!!!! Shane and it is I will make you proud Haunt Industry! Shane this time!!

brad
04-05-2009, 11:16 AM
I really like the costume ball idea. That need to happen!!! the costume ball at HauntCon in Dallas severral years ago, was by far the most fun I had with everybody that was dreesed up.

And it needs to be scheduled along with the Columbia tour and Darkness. I'd hate to have the same thing happen where 2 events happen on the same night.

Shane, you got a great idea going, and I cant wait to be there!

spookhaven
04-05-2009, 02:19 PM
What about a 15 minute round table discussion and change tables so we can exchange cards and meet up with others later for longer discussions before dinner actually starts?

Haunting Copy
04-05-2009, 02:22 PM
What about a 15 minute round table discussion and change tables so we can exchange cards and meet up with others later for longer discussions before dinner actually starts?

Ooh! Great idea! :D

xxxdirk
04-05-2009, 02:58 PM
LOL could be like speed dating. Only call it speed haunting. You meet with these people for 15 min and then decide if they are a wack job or someone you actually want to get know better....

brad
04-05-2009, 03:08 PM

Sounds a lot like speed dating to me!!!

spookhaven
04-05-2009, 03:21 PM
I thought it would be a cool idea. Either like them or leave them.....LOL

Shane's the boss though. What do you think Shane?

Haunting Copy
04-05-2009, 03:26 PM
You guys, this would be for business, not dating, LOL!!

graystone
04-05-2009, 07:08 PM
Well Spook I think part of the event will be the ability to mix and mingle before and after the dinner. I think it would be hard to get people to change tables every 15 minutes we all know how a 15 minute break works in a haunt it turns in to 30 or 40 minutes LOL. But again its whatever the majority wants. I aim to please! Shane and its I am not the boss but an exicited dinner host! Shane this time.

Haunting Copy
04-05-2009, 10:03 PM
Well Spook I think part of the event will be the ability to mix and mingle before and after the dinner. I think it would be hard to get people to change tables every 15 minutes we all know how a 15 minute break works in a haunt it turns in to 30 or 40 minutes LOL. But again its whatever the majority wants. I aim to please! Shane and its I am not the boss but an exicited dinner host! Shane this time.

I think it would work if it's done prior to the meal - maybe even before appetizers. But I think the idea is great! :D

graystone
04-07-2009, 08:33 AM
I have been looking around and I will guarantee a DJ for this party! The place in no way has been picked all that will come later when we see just how many its going to be and LOOKS LIKE A TON! Shane and its eraly but I am working! Shane this time!!!