PDA

View Full Version : HauntedIllinois.com's 2009 Transworld Overview

Haunted Illinois
04-08-2009, 12:20 PM
HauntedIllinois.com’s Official 2009 Transworld Overview has just been posted online. To date, this is the most comprehensive review of any haunt-related event that we’ve ever posted online!

In the overview, you will find:

- Haunted Illinois list / descriptions of some of the great props that were on the show floor this year.
- More than 350 pictures taken on the show floor and related show gatherings.
- More than 20 video clips taken on the show floor
- Review of the Haunter Dinner at Jake’s Steaks
- Review of the Columbia Haunt Tour
- Review of the Darkness Haunted House
- And more!

To check out the Transworld Overview, visit the following URL:

http://www.hauntedillinois.com/2009transworldhauntshow.php

drfrightner
04-08-2009, 12:47 PM
Adam,

That is a fair review of Darkness. However we didn't open 1 hour and 30 minutes late it was 7:40...trust me I know I was stressed about it. Either way it was hard to scare people because of everyone checking out the detail, that is a fair and accurate assesment. And you are right not all the actors knew what to do or knew the rolls. That again is a fair and honest statement. In fact many of the actors got pretty confused why all the people decided to just stand around and look at stuff. I told them because they are 'HAUNTERS'. LOL

This October that won't be the case, nor will it be next March.

Great review of the show in general! Good job!

Larry

graystone
04-08-2009, 01:44 PM
I so enjoyed reading and looking at the photos! What a fun time that was had by all. Great reviews and coverage! As far as the dinner there is a need and trust me you aint seen anything yet! Next year its dinner, costume contest, dj with music, door prizes and more people you can shake a stick at! Were gonna wake St. Louis up! Shane and its Rock the Casbah! Shane this time!

xxxdirk
04-08-2009, 02:39 PM
Great review Adam. It is so nice to see that the event was so nicely documented. I am fairly sure that the haunt did open that much later as I looked at my watch just before we entered the haunt cause I wanted to time it and it was 9:25PM. On the plus side, I also know for a fact that it took just under 1 hour to tour!! WOW

Jolly Pumpkin
04-08-2009, 03:06 PM
It took about 45 minutes to tour The Darkness and Terror Visions, but some of that was waiting behind groups of people taking pictures or looking at sets. So the entire tour was more like 25-35 minutes if you toured by yourself or with a small group. Either way it was a lengthy experience.

Mike Honcho
04-08-2009, 03:16 PM
hey Adam good review I need you email address again pm me thanks

Haunted Illinois
04-08-2009, 08:29 PM
Mike,

Check your PMs.

drfrightner
04-08-2009, 10:09 PM
The Darkness with the que line is about 27,000 square feet. Upstairs uses about 10,000 square feet, downstairs about 9,000 square feet. New building uses about 7000 square feet. This is all rough I'm not sure. But I will find out.

SHELDON
04-09-2009, 10:00 PM
Adam,

Another great collection of pics and video. Thanks!

Psssst! Crushorn has one "h". Its one of those clever spelling things.

-Matt

Haunted Illinois
04-11-2009, 09:30 AM
Thanks for the kind words, guys. Glad you liked the overview.

Oh, Sheldon... The spelling has been corrected! :)