PDA

View Full Version : Hauntcon/MHC Hotels

drfrightner
04-08-2009, 11:31 PM
Can someone give some insight on hotels for Hauntcon and MHC? Anymore deals to be had??? Anyone checking around... Shane hint hint!

Larry

graystone
04-09-2009, 07:25 AM
I have not checked on Hauntcon I want be able to attend it (next year for sure I promise). However as far as Midwest looks like Barry and his crew did their job the Hyatt Regency is offering rooms for $115.00 per night thats about 100 bucks off. Everyone knows I like Priceline but the rooms on Priceline is more so they secured up a good deal for their event. You can go to priceline and do the name your own price but with so many hotels the chances of getting the Hyatt is slim.

What about HautCon any word on hotels there? Shane and its I was told by the Hyatt that rooms are almost full so book now! Shane this time!

Barry
04-09-2009, 07:26 AM
While I cannot speak for HauntCon, I can tell you that we have negotiated one of the best rates you will find for a downtown hotel.

The Hyatt Regency hotel is our host hotel and the location of the Saturday night Masquerade Party. The Bar on the second floor will be our official gathering location throughout the weekend. Our Friday classes will be at the Hyatt, along with our welcome reception and the Friday night party is just one block away. The Convention center (only a 3 minute walk) is connected through an interior walkway. We’ve negotiated a discounted rate of $115 per night (their normal rate is $189 per night). Rooms include 2 beds (up to four people) and a coffee maker. Self parking is only $10 per night. This is the third year we’ve worked with the Hyatt and they’ve been very cooperative with our group of haunters!

badlander2000
04-09-2009, 10:49 AM
Barry, I must thank you for securing us a much closer convention hall so that the tradeshow floor isn't 5 miles from the hotel. I could have sworn we were walking all the way to Cleveland and back last year. The tradeshow floor is main deciding point for which convention my dad and I go to, which is why we chose MHC over NHC.

Mr. Malice
04-09-2009, 11:08 AM
Just avoid The Ambassador Hotel unless you want to relive the Jeffery Dahmer Experience. Just a few notable things in Milwaukee. Anyone want some ink, Black Dragon is the place or a great hole-in-the-wall music shop dealing in rarities and obscure music, Rush-mor records.

Darkblood
04-09-2009, 03:12 PM
Last year at MHC we stayed at the Hyatt for 115 bucks...NICE HOTEL!
Well worth it...we're doing it again!
It's nice to be inside the same building from room to convention.

Kirk