PDA

View Full Version : Last Ride Coffin Simulator...

Darkblood
04-12-2009, 11:25 AM
Hello all!
I just wanted to ask those that have this (or another version) what you think?
I know Haunted Enterprises sells one and have heard rumors of another company having it but cannot find any info on it.
Last year at MHC we got a flier for it but he didn't have one to try at the show.
We try to be very careful about purchases and are just considering this for this year or next.
There isn't a lot of info on it online (a few youtubes/articles) but not riding it myself, it's hard to tell.
You can PM me if you don't want to *spoil* details here on the forums!
Thanks everyone!

Kirk

graystone
04-12-2009, 04:53 PM
Your right Haunted Enterprises has one. I seen it a few years back and they have made it even better now with the addition of smells from sinister scents. I purchased one at TW this year. I would say give it a try I am thinking it will be a good money maker! Shane and its $3.00 per ride! Shane this time!!

damon carson
04-12-2009, 05:31 PM
Its quite a ride. I like the track with the speeding hearse and all but I think an old horse drawn hearse would be cooler. And more gothic. I think if I had one I would want to set up a camera inside with an outside monitor so people could see the reactions on the persons face in it. The smells are neat but really almost run you out by the end. I guess there might be a way to adjust them. Its a bumpy, shakey ride for sure. I would put a warning for people w/ lower back pain ect not to ride in it. Just for safetys sake.
Damon

MidnightEvil
04-12-2009, 06:19 PM
You can get it all set up with a camera inside.
It just was not hooked up at TW

If you freak out and need to stop it when your inside
you just open lid and it stops.

damon carson
04-12-2009, 06:35 PM
Cool I didnt know they had that option. Then its a great buy.
Damon

MidnightEvil
04-12-2009, 07:01 PM
i think they were throwing in the camera if you
ordered at TW
Even if they weren't it's still a good deal.

Darkblood
04-12-2009, 07:13 PM
Is there a big 'punch' to the end.
The smells sound neat.
I heard about one that had a face light up or bug attack?

Kirk

spookhaven
04-12-2009, 07:27 PM
We purchased one at TW last year. Our thought was to take it to fairs/carnivals to promote the haunt. We had a problem with the initial shipment and when we got the coffin it was damaged. Called HE and they sent us another top. Once getting it, it was in worse condition than the first. Problem we found was that they were using seconds (from over seas) and the wood was damaged in several places. Some other issues arose throughout and still exist (PM me for further details). I will say that eventually they took care of us with some refund, but we did not find that people were as thrilled with it as we thought. Most didn't want to "get in a coffin before their time".

We have the camera inside ours and the kids love to watch others. I don't feel that it was worth the hassle or money, but it could simply be our area that doesn't support this type of ride.

Just a side note, we do not have the scents in ours, that is something new for this year that they didn't offer before.

Just our experience with the ride.

mikeq91
04-12-2009, 08:03 PM
A haunt I went to this year had one and I thought it was awesome, very unique. Unfortunately I'm a special case, and apparently it didn't work out great for them. They initially charged $10 per ride, but when I visited later in the season the price had dropped to 2 or 3 dollars per ride, as they were trying to get more people to try it. In talking to them after the season, they said that more people claimed to be claustrophobic than they had anticipated and it wasn't nearly as successful as they'd hoped. They are not offering it this season. Also, when I went through it, the line was made up of mostly macho guys who wanted to prove they could do it. This just limits the demographic of people who will go through it. The ride itself is very cool though.

I believe Tony at Spookywoods has 1 of 2 of them, maybe he can share some of his experiences with it.

Hope that helps

Haunter3
04-13-2009, 01:33 PM
There was one set up next to the waiting line to a haunted house I visited this year, while there were probably several hundred people in line I only saw one person ride the coffin (the haunt charged $3 per ride, Im pretty sure) the entire hour and a half I was waiting inside. Maybe this could work for someone as a sort of combo package/ticket deal with a haunted house ticket?

twohlgemuth
04-14-2009, 11:55 AM
We built a shop in our Midway just for two of these coffin rides. It paid for itself in the first year. Granted the through put is low, however the press coverage as seen in the You Tube video and word of mouth is the real payback with these rides. We charge $5.00 per ride, most of the time two people at a time. One of ours has smells and one does not.

http://www.spookywoods.com/images/lastride.jpg

ANxe2v5pH_U

Darkblood
04-14-2009, 02:22 PM
That's a great point!
The advertising (be it news/word-of-mouth/paper) would probably pay for itself.

Kirk

spookhaven
04-15-2009, 08:04 PM
We do not have the one with the scents. I don't think it was available at the time we purchased ours. We do have the one that blows air for the bugs crawling all over you. We had several hundred people in line for the haunt and still only sold about 20 rides for the season and it was right beside the ticket booth.

In my opinion, it is much more effective to take somewhere off site to promote (like carnivals) and the teens really like it. It does however show it's wear and tear fast with kids getting in and out of it.

Well thought product, just need the people to get over the "fear of death" to get in it.

They will let us scare the piss out of them but don't want to truely know what it's like to get into a coffin "before their time".

Haunt Enterprise folks are very nice and went out of their way on a claim for damage for us but I am not sold on the product.

Would be willing to sell ours if you really want one.

twohlgemuth
04-16-2009, 06:24 AM
Spookhaven,

How much are you asking for your coffin ride and what is the condition of it? I might add a 3rd one to our Last Ride Building.

Thanks!

Ken Spriggs
04-17-2009, 04:00 PM
Well if anyone wants to upgrade to the scented one......I am sure either Haunted Enterprises or Sinister Scents can help with either.

I think there is up to 4 scents....I am selling them and don't know...sorry!!!
flowers/roses for funeral parlor part
Exhaust scent...for the ride to the grave
dirt for the buried part

The 4th I can't remember...thought it was a blast of just bad at the end...brain fart sorry

Mr Nightmarez
04-20-2009, 11:31 AM
Ken... and brainfarts!

My 2 sense and cents! ha

Our employers bought one and I rebuilt one of my own after getting it. We have had ours for 2 seasons and it has paid itself off. Now it's just an extra money maker and promotional tool.

The one I built actually fits in my hearse and is made from the FrightProps - Air Bladders. And I utilized a more complex controller and have up to 5 different shows. Different sounds and a different show depending on what you want....

And I spent about $2,000 building my own. I also do custom sounds in ours each year to fit our theme. I have an old Wild West Theme and last year a Chainsaw - Tossed over a cliff sound track.

My personal one has a Star Wars Theme (Tie Fighter in the dark), a Rampant Hearse theme car, Horse drawn Wild West and then one that focuses on Comics, Sci-Fi, Horror, almost like being a part of a movie trailer. lol We use it to promote our convention.

And Ken - I need to discuss Sinister Scents addition to the Coffin! Excellent idea!

Midnight13
04-20-2009, 06:47 PM
I put a video screen in mine. It looks like a window in the coffin top where you can actually see the undertakers (and the undertakers look down and see you). When they take the coffin, you can see where you are being taken (to the graveyard) then you watch as they lower you down into the grave and throw dirt over the "window", before everything goes dark.

Works great and added a new dimension to the whole experience.

Mr Nightmarez
04-21-2009, 05:19 AM
Excellent idea and add! And tossing in the scents would be another dimensional add.

Superb ideas.

Ken Spriggs
04-21-2009, 08:28 AM
whoa that is a cool idea!!!

Stench......I am all ears Soddy Daisy Patton!!!

Mr Nightmarez
04-21-2009, 09:15 AM
lol
I need to find your phone # again! I need scents - for the coffin ride - sadly since we can't use them in the cave.

But how cool smells would be in the cave - until the next morning when the 'Normals' wanted to go see the beautiful underground waterfall and they smell - death and decay, and pure awful... lol

Ken Spriggs
04-23-2009, 08:09 AM
815-405-3645 mr todd!!!

Mr Nightmarez
04-23-2009, 12:11 PM
I'm horrible - when I'm working - I'm able to surf or call folks - when I get home I go into home mode. When is a good time to call or heck call me! lol

423-593-8167

Todd

nOrTHeRn TouCh
06-09-2009, 09:47 PM
I know Haunted Village sells this but who else is making it? I know there is another company....