PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone hear this outragous bit...

drfrightner
04-14-2009, 03:55 PM
Universal Studios Hollywood is replacing the their current show with ...

CREATURE OF THE BLACK LAGOON THE MUSICAL...

Yes you heard it right THE MUSICAL!

It opens this Spring. It was supposed to feature smells, special effects, and yes singing.

Larry

Jim Warfield
04-14-2009, 07:19 PM
I can easily see The Creature as basically the same story as King Kong and The Phantom Of The Opera.
The Big Ugly wants the beauty almost gets her, generates much sympathy but it was never meant to be, so a sad ending . Some of us can afford to own our own building, some of us can afford to buy expensive props so just trying to be different maybe some of us can "sing"?
We have toyed with this idea of Ravens Grin Inn-The Musical for years.
Once again it would be the Big Ugly and his frustrations?
We could reverse the dymamics alittle and some big ugly woman could be chasing me around here.
It would really be very scary if her singing voice was deeper than mine!
Some subtle psychological emotional switch might get thrown and I would feel as if I would have to surrender to her, as long as she didn't drop me, I don't bounch very well at my advanced age.

Greg Chrise
04-14-2009, 11:26 PM
It ain't over until the fat lady sings.

robert
04-14-2009, 11:54 PM
L,

What show are they replacing this with? If it's waterworld........ It's about time. This sounds like it could be a lot of fun and would give the Creature a nice little boost.

R.

Jim Warfield
04-15-2009, 05:32 AM
Because a huge number of haunt fans are female and they appreciate singing, since it can appeal to the emotions,fine shadowings of emotions that most of us macho-scary guys don't soberly indulge in, usually.
The last Phanton of the Opera musical was a very simple message, simple lyrics, yet sung with some emotional out-pouring and was a huge success.
Singing through those gills will be challenging.

BruiseMuse
04-15-2009, 06:31 AM
I think it could be fun, in the similar vein of Evil Dead the Musical. But then again, I grew up doing musical theater so I am a bit biased.

Matt Marich
04-15-2009, 07:25 AM
Could this be just another Fish out of Water Story?

Drjkyll
04-15-2009, 03:06 PM
Being that I grew up in Musical Theater, I'm actually intrigued. Though I am a bit doubtful of how it will turn out. "Evil Dead - The Musical" was actualy quite good, but they were going for the humor.

I have a lot of contacts in the theater world and often receive demos even for shows that never open - you should hear the Spider-man and Batman musical demos from a few years back... yikes!!
(Though there is a NEW Spider-man musical in the works... haven;t heard this one yet...)

If I hear any of the music for Creature - the musical - I'll be sure to post my opinions here!!

drfrightner
04-15-2009, 04:38 PM
I want to see it... as a Creature fan I can't wait to see it!

Larry

DarkTikiEntertainment
04-17-2009, 06:36 PM
I've always found the Creature From the Black Lagoon to be the scariest of all the classic monsters. I think it's partly the "dead" (fish) eyes, and partly because it lives under the water---where all manner of creepy things live (like those prehistoric fish they caught, previously thought to be long extinct).

I think a musical version could be interesting, I just hope the Creature itself doesn't sing. It would be scarier that way.

Dr. Giggles
04-17-2009, 06:56 PM
It will either be amazing! Or it will suck on ice.