PDA

View Full Version : Hospital Ideas

Boni
04-15-2009, 12:15 AM
I am looking for themes for different areas of my Haunted Hospital. I have 27 different areas that have 3-4 scare points in each area, some are rooms, some are just a stretch of hallway. Usually one actor per area with a prop and some sort of scare that the actor must trigger.

Some of the areas already in the works are minor surgery, major surgery, psyche ward, dentist chair, morgue, organ donation, ....

But I want some other unique ideas about a theme within the Haunted Hospital.

maliciousstudios
04-15-2009, 06:33 AM
OMG YOU ARE MISSING a chance to purchase literally everything you need for décor ( right now ) tiffin ohio has a hospital they are tearing down ! divider curtains, x-ray lights, TONS you would be interested in !

BruiseMuse
04-15-2009, 06:40 AM
Nurses station
Pill/meds dispensery (these areas used to be great in old hospitals, the staff were in a cage with a small dispensing window to disperse pills)
Hospital cafeteria
Nursery/Children's Ward
Biohazard Waste room (those soiled linens and needles need to go somewhere)

HauntedMemphis
04-15-2009, 06:58 AM
Delivery Room (Distortions had a new prop for that at TW)

Secured Room - (not really a hospital section, but a room with someone cuffed to their bed is a common visual if a criminal needs medical care)

A chapel

ER Waiting room - Maybe everyone has been waiting so long they are now skeletons with cobwebs

maliciousstudios
04-15-2009, 07:05 AM
Hell ALL of this is for sale at the OLD Tiffin Hospital !!.... The Morgue is awesome.... ( BUT IVE ALLREADY RAIDED IT ) There are cages, nurses stations, lockers, simply TONS of stuff.... If you are in the area ( Ohio ) its a good deal.... CHEAP !

Allen H
04-15-2009, 08:40 AM
I would suggest the following rooms, Areas

X ray room
radiation burn guy, room lit solely by light coming through xrays (play with the shadow an led makes coming through an x ray, pretty amazing!)

Hypodermic needle bll pit room
check my old posts for how to best do this

blood bank/storage area
easy to have lots of tubes moving liquid around and blood bags hanging have a puddle of blood with foot prints leading behind a curtain and then have an actor attack from the other side of the room.

I love to mess with sound so I think it would be neat to have a bustling emergency room soundtrack but have the room be dilapidated and empty If an actor attacks then he should be able to stop the sound track so he can attack from silence.

Dont forget hospitals all have traditional necessity roomas as well
Cafeteria (bruise muse mentioned this but it really has potential)
boiler room
laundry (eww dirty hospital sheets)
trash compactor (full of medical waste)

Nightgore
04-15-2009, 08:51 AM
Morgue
Cafeteria
Boiler Room
Waiting Room
Surgery Rooms
E.R.
Intensive sCare Units
Pediatric Ward
Chapel
Delivery Docks
X-Rays rooms (radiation)
Trauma Center
Hallways (of course... doors, windows, pics, etc.)
Elevator(s)
Cold Storage (blood, embrios, body parts, etc.)
Etc. Etc. Etc.

I know some of these has been posted, just thought we'd compile the list. -Tyler

Boni
04-15-2009, 02:03 PM
Awesome ideas! My mind is racing right now on some of the areas to add. Please keep them coming.

BruiseMuse
04-15-2009, 04:34 PM
Security Station
Geriatric/nursing home area
CAT scan/MRI area (especially if you made customers crawl through a giant MRI tube)
Ambulance drop-off area (an old ambulance with a gurney hanging out would be nice)

nzanesmith
04-15-2009, 08:49 PM
clean room, labs, free clinic, offices, on call room, padded room, storage closets, roof top, parking structure, lecture hall, observation rooms for pediatrics and surgery, etc.

Nick

Dr. Giggles
04-16-2009, 12:16 PM
Gynocology ward? ha pretty sure i spelled that wrong.
Hmmm One of those clean rooms the sanitation chambers or whatever they are called.

drfrightner
04-16-2009, 01:23 PM
The list of idea's here are beyond belief!!! What more can be said?

I would say morgue clearly... nursery, operating room, blah, blah, but dont' forget about boiler rooms, maintance rooms, or even nurse office, or a doctor office every room doesn't have to be a typical room they can be other parts of the hospital that you wouldn't think of.

Oh btw, try a freezer full or organs!

Larry

cooperfan
04-18-2009, 10:18 PM
We just bought tons of stuff from the Tiffin Hospital. Thanks for the heads up!

Dean

maliciousstudios
04-18-2009, 10:19 PM
Awesome....no problem.....

maliciousstudios
04-18-2009, 10:21 PM
What did you think ??? It was worth the trip right ?? Did you tell them i sent you ??

cooperfan
04-18-2009, 10:29 PM
Yes it was well worth it and yes i told them you sent me. We got the morgue table and tons of stuff. we worked hours getting the morgue freezer out of the morgue , Breaking out walls only to find out it wouldnt fit into the U-Haul.

Dean

maliciousstudios
04-18-2009, 10:52 PM
OH NO...... LMFAO, so yer going back for the fridge right ?????

maliciousstudios
04-18-2009, 10:56 PM
Were you wondering what happened to the Organ Scale, utensils, tools, or possibly the antique ceramic tables ??? I got LITERALLY TONS out of that room.... I have an autopsy table so..... that one looked like a B*itch !!

The guy David - stood in the doorway holding the door open.... I dont think he liked it in there....LMFAO, I simply couldnt understand why everyone "Literally" avoided that room....

Jim Warfield
04-19-2009, 12:23 AM
Over at the antique mall for our supper to begin Ghost Seeker's Night. It is all fixed up resembling a fancy library and even though several people there that night said they were "Psychic", nobody could even guess what the room had once been (for about 100 years)
We were sitting eating in the old mortician's slice & drain room.

Jim Warfield
04-19-2009, 08:01 AM
(Or is it "Hexen"?) A silent movie about witches. They have a birth scene in which all kinds of creatures come out of a very old pregnant woman (all Fathered by ...?)
Borrowing their ancient movie techniques, births in your "hospital" could have large new-borns chasing customers through your "hospital". I imagine such a scene would be pretty memorable for most people.
This business IS about entertaining and making a memorable impression something mere walls and decorations fall to a distant 2nd place behind human actors providing human to human inter actions.

Boni
04-19-2009, 10:40 PM
Yes it was well worth it and yes i told them you sent me. We got the morgue table and tons of stuff. we worked hours getting the morgue freezer out of the morgue , Breaking out walls only to find out it wouldnt fit into the U-Haul.

Dean

So is there anything left, I was going to call him today.

maliciousstudios
04-20-2009, 01:01 AM
Im sure there has to be ( Something ) left.... "If you only knew what I was trying to show you - Youd be kicking yourself in the ass right now !" Youve missed out on ( ALLOT ) but Im sure you would find stuff still there..... I mean "It ( IS ) a hospital..... there HAS to be something of interest left, but it is definetely being cleaned out !! Ive seen Cabinets - Cupboards ( BRAND NEW CONDITION ) sell for 10 to 15.00. I snagged quite a bit of stuff myself anything from the Morgure tools, Scale, tables, and etc. to cabinets xray exquipment, movement sensors, lockers, cages and etc.

IF THERE WOULD BE NOTHING YOU ARE INTERESTED IN IT WOULD ATLEAST BE OF INTEREST TO SOMEONE BUILDING A HOSPITAL HAUNT TO TOUR THE HOSPITAL..... YOU CAN ASK COOPER ( IT LOOKS EVIL AS HELL ) Maybe cause its just empty but it just looks so damn perfect to shoot a movie before its torn down !!