PDA

View Full Version : "Dark Ride" ride system on the Market

Tom
04-15-2009, 04:38 PM
Hey guys,
Just to give you a heads up, there will be a "dark ride" ride system posted on ebay Friday, April 17th. It includes 8 cars, lots of track, controllers and lots of spare parts.

It's the Gold Rusher ride system from Kennywood park. My job will change soon along with my options/priorities and will not have the time/funds to dedicate to getting this monster up and going.

Just wanted to let you know to look out for it if you're interested.

Tom
04-17-2009, 11:51 AM
It's up.

Here is the link:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=110378380800

Tom
04-27-2009, 06:25 AM
It closes today.

shawnc
04-28-2009, 02:57 AM
Only $8,000. Somebody got a good deal. It'll be interesting to see what they do with it.

Tom
04-28-2009, 05:16 AM
Yes, it was a great deal.
I'm surprised in the fact more haunters here didn't go for it. If they did, they didn't try very hard. There are animatronics being sold for more than what this sold for. But then again, I wasn't trying to make a killing on it either. Plus there is a lot more that goes into a darkride than most think. Maybe it was just too scary for them LOL.

Now, the buyer is here in Oklahoma City so hopefully I'll still be a part of it.

Only $8,000. Somebody got a good deal. It'll be interesting to see what they do with it.

shawnc
04-29-2009, 12:37 AM
Tom

I didn't realize you were the one selling it. Let us know what the buyer does with it. If I am ever back that way your place is on my list of stops, and another dark ride in the same city would make it twice the fun. I have always liked dark rides, even though most of them are fairly lame. I guess it goes back to childhood memories.

There are a couple of people on youtube who have homemade dark rides that they have built in their garages. They put so much work into the tracks and car that the rest of the ride is pretty unremarkable, but still something I wouldn't mind seeing if my neighbor had one. Take a look at them some time.

Then there are some who have progressed to building roller coasters in their back yards, which would make really cool dark rides - just a little quicker than most.

Shawn